GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Somewhere in the 12,000 posts it happened to someone and he described how they did it. It was unconventional. I wish I knew what to look for to find that post.
I found this but that's all I could find.

I guess it's possible but the likelihood of someone doing it is very slim. Most are just going to do the return and call it a day. That's also seriously the first time I've seen that.

ok, this just happened to me today: did the 50% towards DOOM, bought the DOOM two days ago and went in a different store to return it today, but the guy refused to do the return and told me to go to the store where i traded and reverse everything... am i doomed?
Isn't that like, illegal? At the very least you better burn him on a survey.

I found this but that's all I could find.

I guess it's possible but the likelihood of someone doing it is very slim. That's seriously the only time I've seen that.
It was that guy. In a previous post he described how they did it. Made him buy used games at discounted prices and then return them at their normal price I think...maybe???

No just go back to store you bought it at, just tell them you changed your mind. Or just wait until it's a different employee at the other GS. You have 30 days so no you're not doomed. BTW, that employee sounds like an ass since that's not even possible, reverse everything lol
I sort of did this with UC4 and had no issues. I traded Doom in last week. They didn't have UC4 used at that Game Stop. Went to another who had it used. I had a 20% off used coupon. So UC4 used came to $38.87. Returned UC4 yesterday to the same GS I traded Doom at and got back $48.59. Not sure why that exact number but I was happy with even just $38.87. Guy didn't even ask me why I wanted to return. He just put down Customer did not like and put the credit back on my card.

If possible just go to another GS and do the return.

Yeah, in the past couple months I've done the credit bump for Doom PS4, Doom X1, Uncharted 4, The Division, and Star Fox (and maybe one or two more), and returned them all with no issue. But I did return them to four separate stores. I would just burn that salty prick with a negative survey and go to another store where the employee doesn't have a rod up his ass.

thx everybody! I tried to return in a different store though, and i didnt buy anything in that store. figured i should've bougnt the 4 for $20 so i could have a survey to fill lol.

thx everybody! I tried to return in a different store though, and i didnt buy anything in that store. figured i should've bougnt the 4 for $20 so i could have a survey to fill lol.
You don't have to buy anything in order to have the opportunity to fill out a survey anymore.

This happened a couple weeks back and is a major bummer. They got rid of the $15-$500 cards the same way. I'm not sure if it was gamestops decision or amazons decision, but I'll probably stockpile less gamestop credit. I know the $25 cards still work, but how long until they are killed?
someone said they saw a new kind of $25 amazon card, so maybe new $50 cards are on the way too? i guess it was a card in a blister pack?

o_O the last 5 purchase transaction or a mix of purchase/tradein transactions? o_O

Hmm not good if you trade in same game at 3 different stores in 1 day then lol
Guess two Pro accounts will be the norm now, to hide transactions and get bonuses at the same time.

I have never done the return-for-credit > buy eBay gift card > buy Best Buy gift card swing before...

How long does it usually take to receive an activated / ready to use BB code using this method? I would like to take advantage of Best Buy's XBox One DOTD, but don't want to miss the window if it takes too long for the gift card to be activated.

Last time I bought eBay gcs from GS it took less than 2 hour to activate and I believe once you receive the email with the BBY gc from PDG (PayPal Digital Gifts) its already activated (at least the GS ones were active when I got the email during eBay buck promos). 

Thank you for the info. Sort of torn right now whether I want to grab a new console with E3 so close, but that's one hell of a deal to grab a 1TB console that is ~ $30 off on sale, get the pack-in games, an additional game of my choice, AND a $75 gift card for $370.

Uncharted 4 is now $22 base...That's what I get for waiting lol

I still have about 8 chapters to go, so I'll lock in the Amazon trade-in.

Are Dualshock 4's still $27 base?

Uncharted 4 is now $22 base...That's what I get for waiting lol

I still have about 8 chapters to go, so I'll lock in the Amazon trade-in.

Are Dualshock 4's still $27 base?
4rc9j8.jpg

GameStops way if competing with Amazon and Best Buy. A used game will now always be at least 20% cheaper than new with pro.

They can't offer 20% off New games like Amazon and Best Buy since that would be 0 profit for them on every new game sold.

Did I miss the part where everyone LOL'd at GS's banner? I went back 2 days and didn't find the jokes...
Their marketing department probably hates their job. They know about the GCU and Prime discounts and still have to write copy for that kind of crap.

Totally off topic, do you post on the Amazon seller forums? Feel like I saw you on there.

GameStops way if competing with Amazon and Best Buy. A used game will now always be at least 20% cheaper than new with pro.

They can't offer 20% off New games like Amazon and Best Buy since that would be 0 profit for them on every new game sold.
That explains the $.50 price drops yesterday. If they had kept the base prices 10% off preowned it wouldn't be 20% off for Pro and they'd be opening themselves up for massive lawsuits.

we need 20% coupons again so we can get new release games for <$40 when available. Almost the same as GCU ;)

Their marketing department probably hates their job. They know about the GCU and Prime discounts and still have to write copy for that kind of crap.

Totally off topic, do you post on the Amazon seller forums? Feel like I saw you on there.
Im sure they keep their resumes up to date...

I have posted like 5 times maybe? Rarely. Only when something catches my eye on the bottom left of my seller dash

Cheaper used games at GameStop sounds good to me
What good is the bump if they decreased values to meh status?
Because bumps aren't based on current TiVs. I'll take $20 tiv for Mario ds games every time.

I have $50 in certificates. I want to transfer this into gift cards. Whats the best way to do this? I was thinking of using it to buy something then selling it with the 60% bonus, but idk what margin is the best

Edit: To clarify, I have 50k points. Doing the math with the top TIV games, I could turn it into gift cards but I'd lose $10.

I have $50 in certificates. I want to transfer this into gift cards. Whats the best way to do this? I was thinking of using it to buy something then selling it with the 60% bonus, but idk what margin is the best

Edit: To clarify, I have 50k points. Doing the math with the top TIV games, I could turn it into gift cards but I'd lose $10.
Wait until tomorrow and hope a boomerang happens.

[SIZE=110%]http://www.gamestop.com/Browse/StoreSearch.aspx?sku=900341[/SIZE]

Costs $21.59 trades in for $24 with Doom promo. Buy a couple of these and trade them in for Doom and return Doom. No credit loss.

Or all these games cost $31.94 trade in for $32 with Doom.

Hyrule Warriors: Legends
Bravely Second: End Layer
Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright
Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest

[SIZE=110%]http://www.gamestop.com/Browse/StoreSearch.aspx?sku=900341[/SIZE]

Costs $21.59 trades in for $24 with Doom promo. Buy a couple of these and trade them in for Doom and return Doom. No credit loss.

Or all these games cost $31.94 trade in for $32 with Doom.

Hyrule Warriors: Legends
Bravely Second: End Layer
Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright
Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
Awesome thank you so much

Edit: The games option is actually better because you save 2k points when you put the points towards a preowned product

I'm looking to snag some Amazon cards today. If my understanding is correct, the $25 cards ring up with no problem, and I should be able to pay with my PUR balance, as long as the associate allows it.

Does that about cover it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back