GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
does this include gc purchases? cant find the eligible categories anywhere

edit: found in the email: Qualifying purchase excludes all items in the following categories: Classifieds, Business & Industrial, Real Estate, eBay Gift Cards (within the Gift Cards & Coupons category), Bullion (within the Coins & Paper category), and eBay Motors (including Parts & Accessories).
Correct me if I'm wrong but this just means you do not get bonus bucks for purchasing Ebay Gift Cards. But you CAN get the bonus using ebay gift cards to buy other gift cards (Best buy for example)

Correct me if I'm wrong but this just means you do not get bonus bucks for purchasing Ebay Gift Cards. But you CAN get the bonus using ebay gift cards to buy other gift cards (Best buy for example)
That is correct, you get bonus bucks for all other branded gift cards (GS / BBY / Staples / Gas etc). Only eBay specific branded cards you don't get eBay bucks because people would just buy eBay to eBay like before when they used to do $100 eBay GCs for $95.

For anyone interested, I was looking back at the logs of excel sheets I made and the last 2 months the stealth bump always started the last Friday in the month eg. April 29th and May 27th. Looks like June 24th is the last Friday in June...

Last edited by a moderator:
There used to be a store, I think national gift card it was new that sold gamestop gift cards in 250 and 500 denominations with free shipping. But they're not selling any gift cards anymore. :(

Awesome!!! That issue had been bugging me too!

Sent you a donation by the way!

Thanks for all the work you do

PS: What do you need to study to learn how to do what you do?
Thanks, I really appreciate it.

The coding I am doing is a combination of vb.net, vb script, and python.

Awesome!!! That issue had been bugging me too!

Sent you a donation by the way!

Thanks for all the work you do

PS: What do you need to study to learn how to do what you do?
School.

j/k ... plenty of coding courses/tutorials, just do a search. That's where it all begins. Though I wish I had mentors myself.

Can I buy ebay credit with best buy gift cards??
giphy.gif

when they did this before they let you get any and you paid the difference between a normal black one and whatever one you're buying.
They only branched out into the non-black controllers once they ran out of the black. That's how I got my Lunar White (paid $5). But depending on how chill the employee is they may let you take $60 off the price of any non-Elite controller.

Anybody ever done the "Xtra Points" surveys or watch the videos to get points (on the PUR website page)? It says you get rewards within 2-3 minutes but I've got zip.

Anybody ever done the "Xtra Points" surveys or watch the videos to get points (on the PUR website page)? It says you get rewards within 2-3 minutes but I've got zip.
I've watch some videos before. I usually get the points instantly, but it's only like 10 points per video. I usually just check-in from the app when I wake up in the morning. Easy 5 points :D

Can I buy ebay credit with best buy gift cards??
I could about a month ago here in Indiana. My store started carrying $50 cards and the $25-$500 cards and allowed a purchase of those with no problem. Looking it up on the web came up with some Unboxed post where the BBY rep said that you can use BBY gift cards on any "closed loop" cards like restaurants and other retailers but not on open dollar cards like MC and Visa.

Would someone be able to link me on eBay to the 2gb or 4gb internal hard drive to replace the shitty 500gb ps4 hard drive? Is this the right one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2TB-SATA-Notebook-Laptop-2-5-Internal-Hard-Drive-for-Sony-PS3-PS4-MacBook-Pro-/381439311356?hash=item58cf8dfdfc:g:~K0AAOSw95lXExS6

I found one on Gamestop but as is the usual case GS costs more for 1gb.
Yes, though there's a number of caveats with that drive:

1) It lists that the seller handles warranty issues and that it's only for a year. That means it's a system pull, so you have to go through them and whatever BS they decide to inflict on you with the return/refund/replacement.

2) The bare drive from Newegg is $103:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822178627

$105 on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Spinpoint-2-5-Inch-Internal-ST2000LM003/dp/B00MPWYLHO

Non-system pull drives have 2 year warranty.

3) The drive routinely goes on-sale at NewEgg for $90 a few times a year.

4} The PS4 will only allow for 2TB internally with that drive unless you go for one of those drive dock solutions that allow for a 3.5" hard drive to sit externally and be connected to the internal SATA header. It'll only do 9.5mm high 2.5" wide drives, which max out at that 2TB Samsung Spinpoint.

Went to trade in my DS4. Of course the $10 coupon wouldnt stack but the base on the store computers was $27.50 (so I got $44) while the GS app showed the base as $24.50.

Anyone do the suggested trade in for the One controller? I think the 39 TIV posted is for the 3.5mm jack version? According to the site anyway. I have the vanilla controller and wouldn't mind the upgrade if it was 39 like posted. Anyone else do ot? Wanted to see if the site is off maybe

Are there any other current boomerangs for a B2G1 coupon? Mine expires 7/14. I know that some bumps could happen friday and the DS4 has been mentioned already.

For anyone interested, I was looking back at the logs of excel sheets I made and the last 2 months the stealth bump always started the last Friday in the month eg. April 29th and May 27th. Looks like June 24th is the last Friday in June...
were there small drops just prior, like today

I know there was last month. I traded in luigi mansion for $10 and windwaker for $12 on thursday nd then friday the next day both were bumped.
I would of paid you more then that for them.....

Anyone know if there is a customer comment section on accounts employees use? I have a feeling i have negative comments on it.

I traded in a bunch of games and didnt notice till i left the store. I checked the day before and they both were alot higher. I didnt bother to check the morning of. But i know a bunch if games dipped and then were bumped Friday as i had a d'oh moment.

It comes with other stuff that GS might bounce if you don't trade it in, since it's only for the Elite controller.

If they treat it like a generic controller, then it's not an issue.
Then whoever is trading it in better bring everything it comes with; I dont want to buy a fucking gimped used controller from GS.

Remember people, the paddles are useless without the controller, unless you use it to pick your nose - while we are on the topic, please dont so it.

Then whoever is trading it in better bring everything it comes with; I dont want to buy a fucking gimped used controller from GS.
Remember people, the paddles are useless without the controller, unless you use it to pick your nose - while we are on the topic, please dont so it.
Mebz they wanted to keep those paddles for their new gow elite? Gamestop does sell replacement parts.

Stores in my area are no longer accepting xbox one ac adapters that are NOT from Microsoft.

Where as before the POS labeled them as "Any - Used" they now say "Microsoft - Used." This is on the receipt as well. Some stores don't care and still accept them. But I am sad tho because it seems like my gravy train has come go an end. What else will I do with 10 diff accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back