GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
godofwar7, on 13 Aug 2016 - 7:54 PM, said:
You are banned automatically on the trade that puts you over $2000 for credit and are unable to complete the transaction. Thought we all solved this puzzle a long time ago.
This is not correct. During the original Flipapalooza, I went to $2400 and the $600+ trade that put me over $2k went through. It was only on the next attempt (a $400+ trade a day or two later) that the ban notification popped up. Luckily, I was able to have my girl complete that trade and just waited out the 90 day ban after that. But the trade that puts you over $2k should go through. The trade after that one is the trade that should be blocked

Anyone got a link to the best video showing how to remove redbox stickers? I'm really scratching the disc real good right now
Only tried that once with the utmost care using applied heat and an xacto knife to gently remove the standard white decal.

Never again am I messing with one of them...
[media]https://youtu.be/9J7Z5BFAvoY[/media]

well no seriously, you need a hair dryer as others have mentioned.

1 to 2 feet away for 7 to 10 seconds. The heat will loosen the glue on the sticker and make easier to peel/scrape carefully off.

Anyone got a link to the best video showing how to remove redbox stickers? I'm really scratching the disc real good right now
Easier than you think. All you need is a hair dryer set on high 2 inches from surface, 1 minute in a super slow circular motion. Should come right off. I've tried everything else and this is the best and easiest way.

Easier than you think. All you need is a hair dryer set on high 2 inches from surface, 1 minute in a super slow circular motion. Should come right off. I've tried everything else and this is the best and easiest way.
this. should be able to peel it right off with your finger nail. if it gets hot enough the sticker will come right off like one of those friction stickers that little kids have

I believe it really depends on how long that sticker has been applied for or some other factor. I managed to remove the sticker smoothly but the glue residue had peeled a significant part of the CD artwork. I was pretty sure it wouldn't be too hard to remove, specially since I had left the game inside my car on a sunny day to loosen the decal and also used a hair dryer as well during removal. Who knows...

I guess it can be a bit of a YMMV thing

Thanks y'all finally got it off. The sticker was a pain in the ass. Last time I removed one from a ps3 game, it was pretty easy but seems like this sticker's been on the game for a long time. Next time I'll use a blow dryer for 1 minute. It shouldn't harm the disc right?

It's definitely not the amount of games because I traded in 200+ games during last year's Flipageddon in August. Nothing happened to my friends PRO account and he traded a good 50 games as well.

This is not correct. During the original Flipapalooza, I went to $2400 and the $600+ trade that put me over $2k went through. It was only on the next attempt (a $400+ trade a day or two later) that the ban notification popped up. Luckily, I was able to have my girl complete that trade and just waited out the 90 day ban after that. But the trade that puts you over $2k should go through. The trade after that one is the trade that should be blocked
In contrast to my actual experience where I was only at $1400 when I found out I had been trade banned while trying to trade in $800 in games.

I guess it's official now. Got the flipper bug.

After trading in the 2 Rise of Tomb Raiders last week, I saw the L4D2 flip and flipped 4 of those. $6 flip after tax per game was just too good to pass up. Hopefully 4 per title per platform is still fine.

Didn't know about Turtles otherwise I'd have PM'd at Best Buy today while I was there. I gotta go back tomorrow anyway because the system wouldn't let me return/rebuy the game I went to pick up, so I hope the Amazon price and GS trade value hold.

I managed to score a new Xbone Deadpool for $13 + tax, debating on flipping it. I was gonna keep it because I doubt it'll ever be any cheaper outside of Redbox (pretty much all my local ones were looted) and I don't really like dealing with GS credit but now that the cash promo's been extended, it's more tempting. I guess I'll see what the trade value is after I 1K it.

Anyone have any experience with the game? I have the 360 version (which I really enjoyed 1king) and according to people online it's a lazy port so they're virtually identical, which gives me less incentive to keep the Xbone version. At the bare minimum, I just want it to be somewhat prettier with a better frame rate. Does it at least have that? Thanks.

godofwar7, on 13 Aug 2016 - 10:43 PM, said:
In contrast to my actual experience where I was only at $1400 when I found out I had been trade banned while trying to trade in $800 in games.
Is it possible you were banned for something else? The system shouldn't be quick enough or comprehensive enough to ban proactively like that. Usually, it requires updates and system-bans after the fact (i.e. people trading in 10 of a single item in a day and they all go through but then that information is updated in the system and they're banned after).

I had thrown away my recipes but I was able to recreate my trades from the last 30 days using m.gamestop.com and my raw data archives from my boomerang program. 

Since July 23rd (Last trade before 23rd was 7/1/16) I have traded in nothing else but 81 games that totaled $630.70 cash and $1094.50 credit.

My last 2 trades were for cash on  Saturday 8/13 that took me from $550ish to $630.70

I do not know if I am banned yet but plan on making a small credit trade soon to find out. I hope this helps figure out the cash limit if I am.

I've done $536.80 in cash trade-ins as of yesterday (it had been $498.30 previous to that). I'm probably going to trade in at least 1 or 2 more games, if possible, later on this week.

Tradebanned = banned from trading. Does it need more explanation or is it covered now?
lol was just wondering if anyone had before, coz the last one would not have put me over had I just removed 1 item.

that's interesting...

Is it possible you were banned for something else? The system shouldn't be quick enough or comprehensive enough to ban proactively like that. Usually, it requires updates and system-bans after the fact (i.e. people trading in 10 of a single item in a day and they all go through but then that information is updated in the system and they're banned after).
There was a span of 11 days before an attempt to trade was made, that's probably what happened...but i am pretty sure i was def below $2k.

Traded in 66 games + Apple things last 8 days of July = $1889

What's the most ppl have done in 1 wk?

So I've been out of the flip game this gen. I'm going to pm 2 copies of TMNT today and trade them to GS. Is their any otheractive flips still live? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much! I'm trying to make sense of the list, is their a way to find out where to buy the flip or see whose selling it? I'm just seeing GS values unless I'm missing something. It says ghostbusters is a flip but I can't find it anywhere at a price worth flipping.

EDIT: Nevermind, the trade gods have spoken and now I look like I double posted!

i tried to trade yesterday and got banned.  I have all the receipts from the start of cash trades and I have followed all precaution of trading in multiple copies of same games.  never exceeded the limit of 4.  I was going in with $587 traded cash, as soon as i wanted to trade in 2 games that could go over $600, banned(unable to traded), the cashier said i have to call GS to lift the restriction.  thats my story.  sucks.  90 days?

I had thrown away my recipes but I was able to recreate my trades from the last 30 days using m.gamestop.com and my raw data archives from my boomerang program.

Since July 23rd (Last trade before 23rd was 7/1/16) I have traded in nothing else but 81 games that totaled $630.70 cash and $1094.50 credit.

My last 2 trades were for cash on Saturday 8/13 that took me from $550ish to $630.70

I do not know if I am banned yet but plan on making a small credit trade soon to find out. I hope this helps figure out the cash limit if I am.
God dammit. Why did you threw away your recipes? Your flipping burgers were delicious.

Well i guess someone at amazon must really hate there job.  One of the games i order last night that came today was opened and the game was missing.  So it had to be someone who took it out right before that packaged it because the box was not tampered with. Now the joys on contacting CS.

Well i guess someone at amazon must really hate there job. One of the games i order last night that came today was opened and the game was missing. So it had to be someone who took it out right before that packaged it because the box was not tampered with. Now the joys on contacting CS.
Same thing happened to me recently.

Well i guess someone at amazon must really hate there job. One of the games i order last night that came today was opened and the game was missing. So it had to be someone who took it out right before that packaged it because the box was not tampered with. Now the joys on contacting CS.
Was it from the 2 hour Prime Now service? I noticed that those guys are random drivers that use their own cars for the deliveries. I doubt that they would be stupid enough to do that though.

lol was just wondering if anyone had before, coz the last one would not have put me over had I just removed 1 item.

that's interesting...

There was a span of 11 days before an attempt to trade was made, that's probably what happened...but i am pretty sure i was def below $2k.

Traded in 66 games + Apple things last 8 days of July = $1889

What's the most ppl have done in 1 wk?
I think it was Liquid Metal on here that got hit with a credit ban from last year's summer flips and he did not exceed $2K. He actually traded over $1K within a week so we posit that there are other triggering events such as high volume within a short amount of time. I don't remember the exact amount/cag but the point is you might be right about other thresholds catching up with you.

Thanks to Phrozen I was able to recreate my receipts between cash/credit by strictly using the mobile site and if I'm doing it right I'm under $400 cash within 30 days. I didn't bother adding up the credit trades such I'm closer to the cash limit than the credit one. I'm a little more conservative than general so I'm going to let my rolling month clear up my current total a bit before I trade again.

GameStop is so gay with their bans.  You have a promo for trade ins and then limit it. Wtf.  What's the difference if one person trades in the same game 20 times versus 20 people trading in the same game.

Thank you so much! I'm trying to make sense of the list, is their a way to find out where to buy the flip or see whose selling it? I'm just seeing GS values unless I'm missing something. It says ghostbusters is a flip but I can't find it anywhere at a price worth flipping.

EDIT: Nevermind, the trade gods have spoken and now I look like I double posted!
Sorry, I deleted my post. I realized that I created more questions than answers.

The flips that I did were Left4Dead2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and TMNT. I bought all of them from Target, but that was last week. Not sure if they are still good flips now.

GameStop is so gay with their bans. You have a promo for trade ins and then limit it. Wtf. What's the difference if one person trades in the same game 20 times versus 20 people trading in the same game.
How is Gamestop homosexual with their bans?

entice new customers that they can profit from > dealers

Clueless customers think that they are getting a great deal by only paying $20 for a new game after they just traded $40 worth of games towards that purchase.

Im curious are the people getting banned at the $500-$600 cash level making any purchases at GS at all or are you just buying stuff from BB, Walmart, Target, etc... and trading just for cash at GS.

GameStop is so gay with their bans. You have a promo for trade ins and then limit it. Wtf. What's the difference if one person trades in the same game 20 times versus 20 people trading in the same game.
Seriously? "GameStop is so gay with their bans". Pretty sure you can find a non offending, non ignorant way of saying that. Don't be a jackass.

Anyone trade in a Wii U lately?  I just picked up a brand new Wii U 32gb from someone on Facebook for $125, so I'm planning on trading in my launch day console to offset the cost.  What all is required?  Console, gamepad, sensor bar, both power cables and HDMI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back