GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Or you ask them to put their stupid sticker over the opening (if all you intend to do is return it to get your full credit back). 

I did run into an issue like that once. Employee B did not want to accept the return because Employee A didn't put the sticker on. Since then I've paid better attention. 

I hope anyone that returns Naruto gets banned. Just trade it to Amazon for a $13 loss, take your profits from the $25 games, and save your dignity.

something weird i noticed, some women was picking up wwe 2k17 for ps3, i came in at the end of the transaction but there were talking about the circle stickers and how they didnt use them anymore because they left the sticker residue. she had the game in her hand and it was like it was in shrink wrap that wasnt melted down and was loose.

I went in to Gamestop yesterday and traded in Doom and preordered CoD to get the 50% bonus. Then after I read about accessories getting the bonus as well so I planned on trading in a controller and a few more games to get a new controller.  My question is can I still get the CoD bonus if I put another $5 towards it or am I out of luck?

I went in to Gamestop yesterday and traded in Doom and preordered CoD to get the 50% bonus. Then after I read about accessories getting the bonus as well so I planned on trading in a controller and a few more games to get a new controller. My question is can I still get the CoD bonus if I put another $5 towards it or am I out of luck?
You didn't fully pay it off so go in and just say you want to trade this in towards your CoD pre-order.

Personally i wouldn't trade any oF the games on the list For Dark Souls III or Naruto, which are gonna be $20 on thanksgiving. 

I went in to Gamestop yesterday and traded in Doom and preordered CoD to get the 50% bonus. Then after I read about accessories getting the bonus as well so I planned on trading in a controller and a few more games to get a new controller. My question is can I still get the CoD bonus if I put another $5 towards it or am I out of luck?
What did you get for Doom w/ bonus? They offered $32 for Gears 4, I passed.

something weird i noticed, some women was picking up wwe 2k17 for ps3, i came in at the end of the transaction but there were talking about the circle stickers and how they didnt use them anymore because they left the sticker residue. she had the game in her hand and it was like it was in shrink wrap that wasnt melted down and was loose.
GS is changing to that instead of the sticker seals.

Is it confirmed that accessories also gets the 50% boost? I too would like to get rid of my Xbone controller if the bonus also applies to accessories. Keep us posted if you decide to proceed with your trades.

Is it confirmed that accessories also gets the 50% boost? I too would like to get rid of my Xbone controller if the bonus also applies to accessories. Keep us posted if you decide to proceed with your trades.
got $32 for my xbox one controller without the 3.5mm with the cod preorder earlier today

So it appears that this morning GS took every game for the PS3 and WIi that was priced between $1.99 to $3.99 and jacked them up to $4.99. Also that is $1-$3 price jump with no base credit changes either.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=965622796

They probably did it in advance of the holidays to 1) Gouge people during the holidays 2) They are prepping for 2 future B2G1 sales (Black Friday Weekend & After Christmas)

EDIT: There goes my cheap uncommon PS3 game hunt at gamestop  :cry:

I did go through with the trade in and got $32 for my controller which included the extra 50% when I put another $5 down on CoD and an extra 10% for power up rewards pro

Damn. Looks like Ghostbusters dropped. Hopefully TMNT xbone is an indication and it will shoot back up after all these promos are over.

Looks like BB value is holding though...

Gamestop is supposedly going hardcore on people for pre-ordering for a bonus and cancelling.  So I'm told.  Claimed they could ban future pre-orders.  Came from a store that has been nothing but nice and accommodating to my CAG ways thus far.

So it appears that this morning GS took every game for the PS3 and WIi that was priced between $1.99 to $3.99 and jacked them up to $4.99. Also that is $1-$3 price jump with no base credit changes either.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=965622796

They probably did it in advance of the holidays to 1) Gouge people during the holidays 2) They are prepping for 2 future B2G1 sales (Black Friday Weekend & After Christmas)

EDIT: There goes my cheap uncommon PS3 game hunt at gamestop :cry:
You have got to be kidding me. Wow. Some .99 cent and $1.99 games I had my eye on getting this week are up to $4.99. What a pain in the ass.

Gamestop is supposedly going hardcore on people for pre-ordering for a bonus and cancelling. So I'm told. Claimed they could ban future pre-orders. Came from a store that has been nothing but nice and accommodating to my CAG ways thus far.
I will just buy and return then. (Basically a 30-day CD with a very, very good return.)

Gamestop is supposedly going hardcore on people for pre-ordering for a bonus and cancelling. So I'm told. Claimed they could ban future pre-orders. Came from a store that has been nothing but nice and accommodating to my CAG ways thus far.
So I have like 7 preorders with a $5 deposit on ONE of my accounts. Hmm, to figure this out. Not at the same store either so I can't just combine them into one preorder..

I just noticed my B2G1 coupon (from going Pro) is about to expire, but I can't seem to use this coupon online as the code is "invalid"? Is this normal?

Has anyone here ever had an issue with canceling a pre-order and not getting full credit back? I'm using my money from the 50% COD bump to move it off the game and onto my PSVR tonight so I can pick it up, but now I'm worried that they're going to try and pull something like not giving me the full credit.

Has anyone here ever had an issue with canceling a pre-order and not getting full credit back? I'm using my money from the 50% COD bump to move it off the game and onto my PSVR tonight so I can pick it up, but now I'm worried that they're going to try and pull something like not giving me the full credit.
The system does not automatically do it and as long as you are rolling it to something else, they won't care.

GS banning their bread and butter future pre-orders :rofl: The fact that these pre-order bonuses are a common weekly thing now means they are working and helping their numbers. I call BS empty threat from disgruntled GS clerk.

Remember you signed a legal contract when you traded in those games. Thus it is illegal for them to withhold any credit from you

Hi. Can anyone tell me if receiving the $20 off coupon from Gears of War 4 requires having pre-ordered the game? The ad says purchase and pre-order, but the offer is valid until 10/15, which means it extends into the post-release window, when pre-ordering is impossible. And is it a physical coupon and, if not, does it show up in your account immediately?

Hi. Can anyone tell me if receiving the $20 off coupon from Gears of War 4 requires having pre-ordered the game? The ad says purchase and pre-order, but the offer is valid until 10/15, which means it extends into the post-release window, when pre-ordering is impossible. And is it a physical coupon and, if not, does it show up in your account immediately?
It will be in your a time offers and I believe it starts on the 18th, so you will see it in your account then.

The ad on the website says pre-order and purchase by 10/15 so it looks like you have to have pre-ordered it in order to get the coupon on 10/18.

Can anyone tell me how the birthday coupon works?  I have one for 20% off 1 preowned game.  I was looking at a used copy of Forza Horizon 3 which is $48.  If I am pro does it stack and give me 30% off making the game $33.60??

Can anyone tell me how the birthday coupon works? I have one for 20% off 1 preowned game. I was looking at a used copy of Forza Horizon 3 which is $48. If I am pro does it stack and give me 30% off making the game $33.60??
That sounds about right, unless you used any $ off certs with it. That amount is removed from the total first (before this coupon), and then the 20% off is taken from the remaining total. It reduces the effectiveness of the coupon, but there isn't much you can do about it.

That sounds about right, unless you used any $ off certs with it. That amount is removed from the total first (before this coupon), and then the 20% off is taken from the remaining total. It reduces the effectiveness of the coupon, but there isn't much you can do about it.
Great, I was hoping it worked like that. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back