GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly the VR headset is something I think I would only buy used if I bought it off a family member or something. I mean I am sure they will be cleaned and such but its something thats been on a strangers head of which you dunno if they have lice or something. Just seems like something werid to buy used, I mean its the same way with headsets how often and who actually buys used headsets?
I couldn't agree with you more. Even when I buy a used game I wipe it down with rubbing alcohol. Who knows what the other person did when they owned that product.

I tried trading in Zero Time Dilemma Ps Vita for the $25.00 boost towards Naruto and the Manager had to manually adjust it. Everything else boosted with no issues.

Did my trade for dark souls 3 today. Wow, just wow. Tony hawk $6 to $25 is amazing! Also traded Street fighter, just cause 3, and Lego Jurassic park for both Xbox and ps4. A few traded for 26+ with the 10% pro bonus. Also traded in my Witcher 3 for $25 which is almost what I paid for it 1 year ago!

Everything went super smooth and doing this deal twice (different stores) I ended up with a tidy stack of credit!

Now to decide if I wanna torture myself trying to play Dark Souls 3 or should I just trade it in and keep my sanity!

Local store gave me a hard time about trading two copies of tmnt.

Luckily someone I know showed up with her kids and traded the other one for me.

Cancelled 3 paid in full pre orders. Not sure if anyone else cares but I cancelled the cod advanced warfare legacy pro just fine. I have the cod 4 remaster and I'm almost done with the single player.

The beta for infinite warfare is trash. Not worth it to play the old game.

I thought that the ban limit was 4 in 30 days but they don't care about 2 per platform..
Wow. If this all happened in the same store, you really need to check your strategy.

• Cancelling the pre-orders hurts the employees. Regardless, IF you did three at the same time in one store, you're sending up lots of red flags.
  • Trading in more then 1 of a game can be done, but it is supposed to be 1 of a game per console per day. It sounds like you circumnavigated the limit the employees tried to maintain by using one of the other customers, probably right in front of the employees. If so, not good.
From your post it basically sounds like you are drawing all sorts of attention to yourself and bending rules right in front of the employees. Going subtle would benefit you!

I see that they raised the trade in value for the PS4 500GB..from 120 to now 150..am hoping it goes to 200 and I will trade it in, want to upgrade to the PS4 PRO

I see that they raised the trade in value for the PS4 500GB..from 120 to now 150..am hoping it goes to 200 and I will trade it in, want to upgrade to the PS4 PRO
Thanks for the heads up. My PS4s HDMI port stopped displaying an image 2 months ago and I haven't been able to sell it. Was going to trade it in when the issue started but figured I'd wait for a trade in deal, than the TIV dropped to $125. Despite the $50 refurb fee, I'd take anything $100+. All I need is a few more trade in bonuses and deals and I'll be ready to get my PS4 Pro when it launches.

Local store gave me a hard time about trading two copies of tmnt.

Luckily someone I know showed up with her kids and traded the other one for me.

Cancelled 3 paid in full pre orders. Not sure if anyone else cares but I cancelled the cod advanced warfare legacy pro just fine. I have the cod 4 remaster and I'm almost done with the single player.

The beta for infinite warfare is trash. Not worth it to play the old game.

I thought that the ban limit was 4 in 30 days but they don't care about 2 per platform..
I agree with you. I played the beta too and Infinite warfare feels like previous versions. Im done with this game. I also plan to cancel my pre order. I will get battlefield 1 instead

Wow. If this all happened in the same store, you really need to check your strategy.

• Cancelling the pre-orders hurts the employees. Regardless, IF you did three at the same time in one store, you're sending up lots of red flags.
  • Trading in more then 1 of a game can be done, but it is supposed to be 1 of a game per console per day. It sounds like you circumnavigated the limit the employees tried to maintain by using one of the other customers, probably right in front of the employees. If so, not good.
From your post it basically sounds like you are drawing all sorts of attention to yourself and bending rules right in front of the employees. Going subtle would benefit you!
I don't really care if the pre orders hurt employees. The manager was a douche.

I've had plenty of stores do trades of two games before so I guess that's why I was annoyed. He wanted to check my purchase history to see if I bought it there. I told him I bought them on Amazon, so they would only take 1.

It's strange. If $16.50 is the price that GameStop corporate decided they want to pay for that game what does he care if it came from GameStop or if it came from Amazon. The disc is new, and it's not stolen.

I guess I'm annoyed because I trade in a lot of non-flip stuff at that store and buy other stuff there too.

I overheard him giving some other customer a hard time about returning a used game and how they aren't a rental service. Seems like he was having a bad day.

I don't really care if the pre orders hurt employees. The manager was a douche.

I've had plenty of stores do trades of two games before so I guess that's why I was annoyed. He wanted to check my purchase history to see if I bought it there. I told him I bought them on Amazon, so they would only take 1.

It's strange. If $16.50 is the price that GameStop corporate decided they want to pay for that game what does he care if it came from GameStop or if it came from Amazon. The disc is new, and it's not stolen.

I guess I'm annoyed because I trade in a lot of non-flip stuff at that store and buy other stuff there too.

I overheard him giving some other customer a hard time about returning a used game and how they aren't a rental service. Seems like he was having a bad day.
Enjoy your ban!

Enjoy your ban!
They aren't going to ban me for trading in one copy of ninja turtles and cancelling some pre orders. Get out of here.

Unless GameStop bans you for trading in games you didnt buy there. Lol

Last edited:
So it appears that this morning GS took every game for the PS3 and WIi that was priced between $1.99 to $3.99 and jacked them up to $4.99. Also that is $1-$3 price jump with no base credit changes either.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=965622796

They probably did it in advance of the holidays to 1) Gouge people during the holidays 2) They are prepping for 2 future B2G1 sales (Black Friday Weekend & After Christmas)

EDIT: There goes my cheap uncommon PS3 game hunt at gamestop :cry:
So I wasnt going crazy on GS jack up prices.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/onechanbara-bikini-samurai-squad/72730 This was $5, now $10

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/castle-of-shikigami-iii/70810 This was $3, now $10

They aren't going to ban me for trading in one copy of ninja turtles and cancelling some pre orders. Get out of here.

If the SL calls LP because of you circumventing their policy, then yes, they will.

If the SL calls LP because of you circumventing their policy, then yes, they will.
And which policy did I circumvent?

I was honest about what I was doing and the cashier accepted it.

The person who traded in the second copy used their own separate ID and power up rewards. What's the problem?

About to head out and buy some Tony Hawk PS5 to trade in. Even bought some Goof Off (pretty much Goo Gone) to get the stickers off. Going to trade 2 at one store and a last at another. Than returning those at my local store.

Need a few more good credit promotions for that PS4 Pro.

It does sound like the manager was being hard-headed, but be careful cause if he's a punk about small stuff, he may be a punk about your account.

Put 3 towards dark souls on ps4, received 8.80 for one of the Tony hawk's, and was hit with a refurbished on another tony hawk. Didn't realize until I left because the man was trying to sell me so much shit I had to hurry up and go. Now I have to go back to sister salesman

About to head out and buy some Tony Hawk PS5 to trade in. Even bought some Goof Off (pretty much Goo Gone) to get the stickers off. Going to trade 2 at one store and a last at another. Than returning those at my local store.

Need a few more good credit promotions for that PS4 Pro.
Just trade em in as is. You're better off ntt risking peeling of some of the artwork and getting hit with a refurbishing fee.

Sorry, I don't check this thread often and I've tried using the search feature to understand. What's the deal with TMNT, I see a lot of you guys talking about it, have I missed the boat on buying and trading in that one?

Sorry, I don't check this thread often and I've tried using the search feature to understand. What's the deal with TMNT, I see a lot of you guys talking about it, have I missed the boat on buying and trading in that one?
You are able to buy TMNT Ps4 off amazon for around $12.00. If you trade in towards Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm or Dark souls 3 on ps4 or Xbox One you get $25.00 for the game. There is a list of games under the promotion on the gs website under the trade in tab with all the titles that get boosted to $25.00. However the promotion ends tomorrow so unless you're able to do 1 day shipping it's probably too late.

You are able to buy TMNT Ps4 off amazon for around $12.00. If you trade in towards Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm or Dark souls 3 on ps4 or Xbox One you get $25.00 for the game. There is a list of games under the promotion on the gs website under the trade in tab with all the titles that get boosted to $25.00. However the promotion ends tomorrow so unless you're able to do 1 day shipping it's probably too late.
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate the help.

Well, you were able to buy TMNT PS4 for that much--it jumped back up to $49.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01B298Q1W/ref=olp_f_primeEligible?ie=UTF8&f_primeEligible=true

Yeah i picked up 2 on amazon on Monday and got it by Wednesday. Im actually wrong about the promo. Tmnt trades in for $15.00 at gs but with 50% and pur bonus towards cod infinite warfare legacy you get $24.00. The other promo is good for flips for a few bb games and redbox games.

I just did the $16.50 with pur since I was ordering from Amazon anyway and wanted to get a psn card for dragon quest builders. It was like a $6-7 discount/flip. No big deal.

1) why is a wired 360 controller worth 2X TIV over a wireless controller?

2) when trading in a 360 play N charge kit, is it just the cable that connects the controller to the console?
1. Official MS wired controller is in lower supply & still decent demand b/c of PC. Every GS is loaded with used wireless 360 controllers.

2. You can trade just the cord, but you get more if you trade cord & battery.

Just trade em in as is. You're better off ntt risking peeling of some of the artwork and getting hit with a refurbishing fee.
Too bad I didn't read this until after I tried on one disk. Didnt realize how good the goof off is. It started peeling the disk art and I had to rush to take off the chemical. I'll probably be hit with a refurb fee on that one.

Drove to 7 RedBox and only found 2. One store had another and was a rent / buy location but it wouldn't allow me to purchase any games.

I've done this 3 times and all have worked like a charm. I goto my sink and turn on the hot water then i let it soak a bit then start peeling it off with my nail.
Are you serious or just trolling ?
Not sure if this is worth the trouble. I've traded in plenty with the redbox sticker on the game disk. I tried using the hair dryer technique but this lead to peeling of the cover art and refurb fee. Besides wouldn't you risk damaging the disk by running hot water over it ?

how many games can you trade towards the "dark soul 3 promo"?

is it just 1 per transaction?

I wanted to trade 2 (from the list) but the system only made 1 game $25 and the other standard  amount

Thanks for the heads up. My PS4s HDMI port stopped displaying an image 2 months ago and I haven't been able to sell it. Was going to trade it in when the issue started but figured I'd wait for a trade in deal, than the TIV dropped to $125. Despite the $50 refurb fee, I'd take anything $100+. All I need is a few more trade in bonuses and deals and I'll be ready to get my PS4 Pro when it launches.
No problem..I just noticed it yesterday that it went up to 150 so Im hoping as it gets closer to the release date of the PS4 PRO they will bump up the price some more. I want the most I can get for my PS4 I already formatted the drive yesterday, took me an hour to unscrew the 2TB drive that I have and put back in the 500GB that it came with and deactivated and reformatted it..will change the password on my account as soon as I go ahead and trade it in..Im not mechanically inclined so one of the bumpers that comes with the casing of the hard drive fell off but I put it back on and screwed it back in LOL it worked..I remember once a buddy of mine said that if the bumpers come off it makes it harder for the hard drive to stay in place but its fine I was able to put it back in and I restored it so as long as it works they will take it back

I wanted to trade 2 (from the list) but the system only made 1 game $25 and the other standard amount
This is what I asked about. Most people were saying it was not limited to one. It didn't work for you though? I have about 6 games I wanted to use if tor.

This is what I asked about. Most people were saying it was not limited to one. It didn't work for you though? I have about 6 games I wanted to use if tor.
I traded Ratchet & clank collection, which I got $25 towards Naruto.

I also wanted to trade Need for Speed most wanted (X360) on the same transaction but for this one I would only get $3

the system only took 1 game at $25

is this the normal process? 1 game per transaction??

I wanted to trade 2 (from the list) but the system only made 1 game $25 and the other standard amount
Nevermind. There are 2 versions of NFS most wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back