GameStop Weekly AD 9/28-10/04

Royal High Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
133 (100%)
http://www.ebgames.com/weeklyad

It's that time of the week again. This week's deals aren't the worst but are far from good.

Noteables:

360 and PS3:

Mortal Kombat- $39.99
Transformers: Dark of The Moon- $39.99

DS:

Transformers: Dark of The Moon- $19.99

HNot much to say. Maybe the ds version of transformers can be a good flip to BB?
^Nevermind

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Royal High Knight']So wait can anyone else confirm that Bloodstone used is $8?[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just call your Gamestop?

[quote name='Jimmienoman']I intend to but $8 beats $10 and I am a CAG[/QUOTE] my roomate always took the game manuals and box into the bathroom when taking a dump. and he traded a lot. that totally turned me off on used games. i'm cheap too, but 2 bucks more for a non-shitter copy is a win for me.

[quote name='ryanflucas']Can Tony Hawk Shred or Ride be played without the special controllers? Are they worth playing at all?[/QUOTE]
No, you need the skateboard to play them, and I never played the second game but the first one was a absolute mess!
[quote name='Royal High Knight']So wait can anyone else confirm that Bloodstone used is $8?[/QUOTE]When I was in GS this morning, dude looked up the used price for me and it was still at regular price

[quote name='deletion']sometimes it just baffles me that people will buy used vs. new with just a few bucks different. but hey, its their prerogative i guess.[/QUOTE]

While you see I as a few dollars I look at it as 20%+ savings. If I got a 20% discount on all the money I spent on gaming last year I would have well over $100 and closer to $200.

When the $50 GC came out for the 4GB 360 everyone went nuts and it was a 25% discount. This one will be 20% and people scoff at it? GH at target had $5 off of $20 games and people grabbed a ton...

Am I the only one that looks at it like this?

Why do people get mad at stuff like this. If he wants to save as much as posible Then whats the problem ? Besides, he can use that 2 extra dollars to buy a condom and smash some chick or something

[quote name='jacknicklson']You also put $0 dollars back into the industry to save a few bucks[/QUOTE]

But I put $8 into my local gamestop that employees local people. And TBH, I know it's not the norm, but the local GSs have some awesome employees that actually try to help the customer get the most. Their polite and gamers to boot. So I see what you're saying but you didn't add the flip side either

[quote name='strait edge follower']Why do people get mad at stuff like this. If he wants to save as much as posible Then whats the problem ? Besides, he can use that 2 extra dollars to buy a condom and smash some chick or something[/QUOTE]

No need. Haven't worn one in a long time...

Replaced a ring down there with a ring on my finger.

Too bad those of you considering Dungeon Siege III for $40 didn't buy it LAST week. It was $30 last week($5 for @Gamer mag, $25 for the game after coupon that took $15 off the $40 sale price) at Best Buy.
[quote name='strait edge follower']Why do people get mad at stuff like this. If he wants to save as much as posible Then whats the problem ?[/QUOTE]
Exactly. Considering folks are paying $15 for a PowerUpRewards card/ GI subscription, some of them want to get as much use out of it as possible.

[quote name='jacknicklson']You also put $0 dollars back into the industry to save a few bucks[/QUOTE]
It's a game from Activision and a now defunct developer. I think the industry will be OK if he decides to save a couple bucks.

You wanna help the industry? Buy Catherine for MSRP NOW. Tell the industry to think differently.

[quote name='Vader582']It's a game from Activision and a now defunct developer. I think the industry will be ok.[/QUOTE]

Lol bobby koteck is probibly the most hated Man in the game industry. I havent brought a activision game new after i brought cod wow for 9.99 a long time ago. I always either buy their games used or borrow them

[quote name='strait edge follower']Lol bobby koteck is probibly the most hated Man in the game industry. I havent brought a activision game new after i brought cod wow for 9.99 a long time ago. I always either buy their games used or borrow them[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I never shop at Gamestop anymore, I'd rather buy used games from my fellow CAGs.

For MW3, I'll wait and buy it used from someone, Activision doesn't deserve a cent of my hard earned money for the way they nickel and dime the customer and damage the entire industry

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Agreed. I never shop at Gamestop anymore, I'd rather buy used games from my fellow CAGs.

For MW3, I'll wait and buy it used from someone, Activision doesn't deserve a cent of my hard earned money for the way they nickel and dime the customer and damage the entire industry[/QUOTE]

Ninja theory should have had Koteck as pyramid in enslaved

[quote name='Vader582']You wanna help the industry? Buy Catherine for MSRP NOW. Tell the industry to think differently.[/QUOTE]

:applause: Exactly. There's far too much sequelitis from developers nowadays. Everything is a clone of a clone of a clone of a popular game.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause: Exactly. There's far too much sequelitis from developers nowadays. Everything is a clone of a clone of a clone of a popular game.[/QUOTE]

Games like this and heavy rain are needed in the industry so i totaly agree with you

[quote name='deletion']my roomate always took the game manuals and box into the bathroom when taking a dump. and he traded a lot. that totally turned me off on used games. i'm cheap too, but 2 bucks more for a non-shitter copy is a win for me.[/QUOTE]

:lol: HAAAA I lol'd at this one. Its funny because its true.

Well, locked in 2 trades on Amazon for Blood Stone at $13 each. Gonna go to my local GS on Friday and pick them up (going there anyway so no sense ordering online and paying shipping). $8 isnt much of a flip but I have to order textbooks off Amazon soon and $26 extra credit is a win for me

[quote name='GamerDude316']Well, locked in 2 trades on Amazon for Blood Stone at $13 each. Gonna go to my local GS on Friday and pick them up (going there anyway so no sense ordering online and paying shipping). $8 isnt much of a flip but I have to order textbooks off Amazon soon and $26 extra credit is a win for me[/QUOTE]

After tax is this even worth it?

[quote name='GamerDude316']Well, locked in 2 trades on Amazon for Blood Stone at $13 each. Gonna go to my local GS on Friday and pick them up (going there anyway so no sense ordering online and paying shipping). $8 isnt much of a flip but I have to order textbooks off Amazon soon and $26 extra credit is a win for me[/QUOTE]

ehh should be only $6.02 for your flip; the used copies are @ $24 a pop in GS; only the "NEW" versions are in the sale for $9.99.

I just got back from my local gamestop, and they showed me a document stating, that they were ordered to pull this game and golden eye from the shelves till August 2nd. Was this a misprint? I really wanted this game

[quote name='Jacoblee23']I just got back from my local gamestop, and they showed me a document stating, that they were ordered to pull this game and golden eye from the shelves till August 2nd. Was this a misprint? I really wanted this game[/QUOTE]
really? I also wonder if the ad was a misprint.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']I just got back from my local gamestop, and they showed me a document stating, that they were ordered to pull this game and golden eye from the shelves till August 2nd. Was this a misprint? I really wanted this game[/QUOTE]
Really? I guess it's a good thing I went to buy one already. It was a gut (but not floor copy), and my store is always good about giving me sealed copies of new games and looking for the best box/manual/disc combo for used games. Seemed weird that there wouldn't be a stack of copies, considering this seems like a liquidation we-have-too-many-unmoved-copies price.

Well I got my copy at GS for $7 after using a small bit of credit I had left. I am little miffed with Best Buy though because their inventory checker said there were no copies at my local BB but there were some at one 40 miles round trip from my house. I did not want to spend the money on gas so I just we to GS. The first one had no copies so I had to got to the one across the street at the mall. So I stop by BB to check out the used games and there are 2 new copies of Bloodstone for the 360 sitting there. I have a bunch of BB credit but by this time I did not print the ad and did not want to hassle with returns. Moral of this long winded post is never trust the inventory tracker at BB...it deceives you.

[quote name='Brother Daz']really? I also wonder if the ad was a misprint.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it was but I walked into gamestop today and goldeneye was set aside a 9.99 label on it

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I got my copy at GS for $7 after using a small bit of credit I had left. I am little miffed with Best Buy though because their inventory checker said there were no copies at my local BB but there were some at one 40 miles round trip from my house. I did not want to spend the money on gas so I just we to GS. The first one had no copies so I had to got to the one across the street at the mall. So I stop by BB to check out the used games and there are 2 new copies of Bloodstone for the 360 sitting there. I have a bunch of BB credit but by this time I did not print the ad and did not want to hassle with returns. Moral of this long winded post is never trust the inventory tracker at BB...it deceives you.[/QUOTE]The BB inventory tracker only shows that a store has a given item if there are at least 3 copies in stock. Your BB had 2 copies of Blood Stone, so therefore it didn't show up as being in stock there.

Sure, you shouldn't trust the inventory tracker...but that goes both ways.

[quote name='Vigilante']The BB inventory tracker only shows that a store has a given item if there are at least 3 copies in stock. Your BB had 2 copies of Blood Stone, so therefore it didn't show up as being in stock there.

Sure, you shouldn't trust the inventory tracker...but that goes both ways.[/QUOTE]

Did not know that about the tracker...next time I will just plan for all possibilities. Thanks. :)

Yeah, always call to confirm yourself - the tracker, for my BB at least, never gives a correct representation of how many copies the store actually has. Everything is out of stock but a trip to the store or a simple phone call and the store usually has multiple copies of the game(s) i'm in the market for in stock

Picked up an XBox bloodstone @ GS without issue. Guy tried to sell me a used one first... then he tried to give me a gutted one... I said look again buddy and he pulled out a sealed one... GOD I HATE THAT, makes Gamestop look so terrible.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Picked up an XBox bloodstone @ GS without issue. Guy tried to sell me a used one first... then he tried to give me a gutted one... I said look again buddy and he pulled out a sealed one... GOD I HATE THAT, makes Gamestop look so terrible.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think it will depend on the employee. The one I went to only had a gutted one left that had scratches so he called the one across the street and asked him to hold a sealed copy for me. He never even tried to get me to buy it.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Stupid question but someone explain to me Gutted and Sealed copies.[/QUOTE]

They will remove the game disk for any new copies they have on display. They will still sell them as new even though the disk is sitting in a paper sleeve in their drawer.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Stupid question but someone explain to me Gutted and Sealed copies.[/QUOTE]

Well it's not really gutted, but they open the new games and put them on the shelves minus disc, in order to prevent theft. They then consider an opened game to be "NEW" and is for sale as new.

I personally cannot stand this. Especially with DLC that may or may not come with games, and employees may or may not "rent" that game.

Anyway it just drives me up the wall. Really they are then selling us used items and should be discounted as such.

They should do the same thing many stores do now days, just have placards for the games on the shelves, then you pick up your actual game at checkout, where they have them secured behind a counter or locked cage.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Well it's not really gutted, but they open the new games and put them on the shelves minus disc, in order to prevent theft. They then consider an opened game to be "NEW" and is for sale as new.

I personally cannot stand this. Especially with DLC that may or may not come with games, and employees may or may not "rent" that game.

Anyway it just drives me up the wall. Really they are then selling us used items and should be discounted as such.

They should do the same thing many stores do now days, just have placards for the games on the shelves, then you pick up your actual game at checkout, where they have them secured behind a counter or locked cage.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the responses. Yeah that shit happened to me earlier in the month. When PVZ went on sale I went to go pick it up and they gave me a gutted copy. I looked at the employee and said "The fuck is this". Guy got mad but I don't care. I work hard for my money and to have it spent on something already used is unacceptable.

[quote name='Carlanga']ehh should be only $6.02 for your flip; the used copies are @ $24 a pop in GS; only the "NEW" versions are in the sale for $9.99.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, for some reason I was calculating in my head that they were $9 each instead of $9.99. Either way its a decent flip for me

[quote name='Royal High Knight']thanks for the responses. Yeah that shit happened to me earlier in the month. When PVZ went on sale I went to go pick it up and they gave me a gutted copy. I looked at the employee and said "The fuck is this". Guy got mad but I don't care. I work hard for my money and to have it spent on something already used is unacceptable.[/QUOTE]

I hate it also, but in all fairness it is completely legit. Obviously an employee "renting" it is illegal, but if it stays in a paper sleeve, is not played and all content that would notmally come with it is there then by legal standards it is considered new. Stupid policy by GS in my opinion, but it is what it is. What's better is going in and buying a new game that's gutted along with a used game that is sealed.

My worst experience is finding gutted Mass Effect 2 new. I open the case, no manual or Cerberus Network Pass. I understand the policy, but it gets to me when someone steals the guts out of a new copy.

Is Blood Stone worth it for $10? I've seen 1 007 movie in my life, and I remember it looked interesting but, is it worth it?

I decided to try my luck getting a price match at Best Buy since I had a $5 coupon from my Shopkick rewards. They had no problem price matching with a printout of the Gamestop ad. What they did have a problem with was giving it to me for $9.99 when they sell their copies for $49.99. It took four employees, a manager, and some phone calls, but they finally agreed to price match. With my certificate, I walked out the door with a Xbox 360 version of Blood Stone for $5.29. I already beat it on the PS3 when it first came out. It's an excellent game and easily worth $10. If anyone is in the Palm Beach, FL area, the Boynton Beach Best Buy had at least 15 copies of the Xbox 360 version.

Hey, people ranting about GS opening games and removing the disk, maybe if people didn't steal games there wouldn't be an issue. Just my 2 cents but it's not unreasonable if you're going to open it anyway. If you're looking to keep things sealed then don't shop at GS, but remember you're the minority of people who buy games. Keeping the games in cages wouldn't work for a game store either as they'd need several employees on hand at all times just to open them up for everyone going "Can I see that? Can I see that?" I'm just so sick of the complaints every time GS is mentioned :I

[quote name='deletion']my roomate always took the game manuals and box into the bathroom when taking a dump. and he traded a lot. that totally turned me off on used games. i'm cheap too, but 2 bucks more for a non-shitter copy is a win for me.[/QUOTE]

wat?

Anyway, this thread has been totally derailed. Anyone know if people still play Bloodstone online on PS3?

[quote name='mightymek']I decided to try my luck getting a price match at Best Buy since I had a $5 coupon from my Shopkick rewards. They had no problem price matching with a printout of the Gamestop ad. What they did have a problem with was giving it to me for $9.99 when they sell their copies for $49.99. It took four employees, a manager, and some phone calls, but they finally agreed to price match. With my certificate, I walked out the door with a Xbox 360 version of Blood Stone for $5.29. I already beat it on the PS3 when it first came out. It's an excellent game and easily worth $10. If anyone is in the Palm Beach, FL area, the Boynton Beach Best Buy had at least 15 copies of the Xbox 360 version.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wondered how BB would react to the $40 difference. Glad to see you at least got it though.

I am in the market for a new XBOX 360. Does anyone know if Best Buy would match the gift certificate in this ad? I have some credit there to use.

[quote name='aptanor']Hey, people ranting about GS opening games and removing the disk, maybe if people didn't steal games there wouldn't be an issue. Just my 2 cents but it's not unreasonable if you're going to open it anyway. If you're looking to keep things sealed then don't shop at GS, but remember you're the minority of people who buy games. Keeping the games in cages wouldn't work for a game store either as they'd need several employees on hand at all times just to open them up for everyone going "Can I see that? Can I see that?" I'm just so sick of the complaints every time GS is mentioned :I[/QUOTE]

You know, stores have display models of pretty much everything from Perfume Bottles, to Toasters to TV's, Cameras ect....however....these stores offer a discount for the opened "demo" or "display" models and usually their return policy is still valid. This is not the case for GS. You can buy an opened copy as "NEW", but when you leave the store, they will not take it back as "NEW" - sheer hyprocracy. Also, there is no discount.

bread's done
Back