GameStop Weekly AD 9/28-10/04

Royal High Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
133 (100%)
http://www.ebgames.com/weeklyad

It's that time of the week again. This week's deals aren't the worst but are far from good.

Noteables:

360 and PS3:

Mortal Kombat- $39.99
Transformers: Dark of The Moon- $39.99

DS:

Transformers: Dark of The Moon- $19.99

HNot much to say. Maybe the ds version of transformers can be a good flip to BB?
^Nevermind

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='deletion']my roomate always took the game manuals and box into the bathroom when taking a dump. and he traded a lot. that totally turned me off on used games. i'm cheap too, but 2 bucks more for a non-shitter copy is a win for me.[/QUOTE]

Funny cause I have a bag of diaper wipes on my desk I use to clean game cases and discs (the art side). Those things are amazing...as good on other stuff as on baby asses, very handy.

I LOVE how the bottom of gamestop promos say "no dealers/ resellers PLEASE"....heehee WTF?

[quote name='Toss']Funny cause I have a bag of diaper wipes on my desk I use to clean game cases and discs (the art side). Those things are amazing...as good on other stuff as on baby asses, very handy.

I LOVE how the bottom of gamestop promos say "no dealers/ resellers PLEASE"....heehee WTF?[/QUOTE]
When did they add resellers to that?;) It used to always just say no dealers on the bottom.:razz:

As for the baby wipe thing, that explains why some games I've bought from GS smelled like baby powder.;)

[quote name='cynicalaa22']I have worked at Gamestop for 2 years, and the reason why they 'open' the case is only if they have one copy left. All of the games they get are stored in drawers/cabinets behind the counter (or maybe in the back), but one copy has to go out on the sales floor so people know that they have it in stock. They take the disc out, and keep it behind the counter in a sleeve. It's the last copy if it's not in a case.[/QUOTE] My problem with this is I've seen "New" games which have the sticker residue on them from the little sleeve they use. I have also seen a "New" Gamethat had def been played and had scrathes.

Rock Band 3 Keyboard on the ad for $60. Ad shows the Wii version, but the website says all 3 are on sale. Not bad, surprised that's been so hard to get cheap.

[quote name='WhytePanther']Rock Band 3 Keyboard on the ad for $60. Ad shows the Wii version, but the website says all 3 are on sale. Not bad, surprised that's been so hard to get cheap.[/QUOTE]

I think some of those are on clearance at Best Buy in the upper $30's. I can check later.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']You guys think I should do GS weekly deals for now on. I wouldn't mind doing it. If I wiki this you guys can also edit it as well, so you can catch any hick ups I do? Also Updated some things[/QUOTE]

if you can get them early, then yeah.

edit OP to add $50 GB with 250gb kinect purchase

20 GB hard drive for $15 seems like a decent deal. I figured everybody had a 60 GB or higher by now, until last month I walked into a Gamestop and saw someone actually purchase a 20 GB.

With all the games installs, I have my 120 GB filling up pretty fast and would prefer getting a 250 GB if I ever purchase another hard drive.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']20 GB hard drive for $15 seems like a decent deal. I figured everybody had a 60 GB or higher by now, until last month I walked into a Gamestop and saw someone actually purchase a 20 GB.

With all the games installs, I have my 120 GB filling up pretty fast and would prefer getting a 250 GB if I ever purchase another hard drive.[/QUOTE]

tbh, the 20gb isn't even worth it because it only holds a few game(like 3-5) installs and some demos.

[quote name='yahoosale14']tbh, the 20gb isn't even worth it because it only holds a few game(like 3-5) installs and some demos.[/QUOTE]

Damn I never install games into my 360. I have the 20 GB and now it's starting to get to small because of all these huge DLC. Hell I got 5 GB just from borerlands GOTY and I can't delete it because it was from the 2nd disk and I alrewady traded in the game. ( The dlc isn't in my download history)

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Damn I never install games into my 360. I have the 20 GB and now it's starting to get to small because of all these huge DLC. Hell I got 5 GB just from borerlands GOTY and I can't delete it because it was from the 2nd disk and I alrewady traded in the game. ( The dlc isn't in my download history)[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about the USB drive capability. It also works with external HDD's. You can transfer it off your 360 and do whatever you would like - for example simply store it on your computer or burn the files onto DVD's which are pretty cheap.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Don't forget about the USB drive capability. It also works with external HDD's. You can transfer it off your 360 and do whatever you would like - for example simply store it on your computer or burn the files onto DVD's which are pretty cheap.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how to do any of that. I'll try to surive on what I got. i just delete alot of dlc that I don't use. THANk GOD for the download hsitory

Decided that I will do the weekly ADs for now on. I will wiki this and I see that the great CHeapy D also helped out aswell. Question for Cheapy or whomever knows the answer- Didn't Cheapy win a contest or do some charity event in which he is a character in Saints Row the Third?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I don't know how to do any of that. I'll try to surive on what I got. i just delete alot of dlc that I don't use. THANk GOD for the download hsitory[/QUOTE]

It's really, really easy. The 360 will convert up to 16gb storage space on a USB drive. Just put in a blank drive and go to your memory management screen from the dash. It will wipe out the drive and configure it for 360 use automatically.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I think some of those are on clearance at Best Buy in the upper $30's. I can check later.[/QUOTE]
Well, they've been long gone at the BBs near me. Although I might have a chance to go by an out of the way one or two tomorrow, so I'll check there before I bite at $60. I am particularly looking for the 360 version of the keyboard. The BBs near me have about a dozen or so of the Wii ones.

[quote name='WhytePanther']Well, they've been long gone at the BBs near me. Although I might have a chance to go by an out of the way one or two tomorrow, so I'll check there before I bite at $60. I am particularly looking for the 360 version of the keyboard. The BBs near me have about a dozen or so of the Wii ones.[/QUOTE]

I went by today, and they had 2 ps3 versions for $39.99. You could ask them to see if a store nearby has one at a price you want and have shipped to you.

I pricematched :ps3:007 Bloodstone at Best Buy tonight. The manager didn't look too happy when he realized that by PMing it it was dropping $40 off the price(game is $49.99 there;)).

I got the last new copy of blood stone for PS3 today. It was still sealed, so no gutted copy for me. I started playing it, and it is actually quite fun. I couldn't imaging paying $60 for it, but for $10 it is definitely worth the money. It is very short as well. I am over half way through in just about 2-3 hours of play time.

Just curious guys, as of recent days, how is Gamestops used games? Is it still incredibly shabby with gutted copies and scratched up discs?

[quote name='Velo214']i noticed the $3 psn points are off of pur website. oh wellz[/QUOTE]
They've been glitched a while anyways. They show up as instock and disappear as soon as you click them.

[quote name='kyrhon']Just curious guys, as of recent days, how is Gamestops used games? Is it still incredibly shabby with gutted copies and scratched up discs?[/QUOTE]
Is...the same as it ever was.
Some are nearly mint condition, others not so much. When they have multiple copies of the same game you have the option to choose which one, and so on.

It's a disadvantage of sorts in the way that they accept nearly every game for trade-in, even if it's missing a case or booklet. But still great and with a big variety for relatively decent prices.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']If you want a sneak peek at tomorrow's ad, they have the pdf file live.
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/080311/pdf/olfsi_080311.pdf

Nothing to see though. Must have been wore out from last week's ad.[/QUOTE]

seems pretty good. liking that 14 months for 12. Im going to wiki this thread, if someone else wants to put up the weekly ad this week go right ahead, if not ill get to it when I come back from work.

I don't know, I think we've had some decent stuff in the ads up till the last two weeks. This especially sucked since WWE's been that price for the last 2-3 weeks.

[quote name='Kaiser499']$29.99 for the Sims 3 Deluxe. Is that a good price or can I find it somewhere cheaper?[/QUOTE]

i say no since its not new, but a gut copy/used. look on amazon

[quote name='Kaiser499']$29.99 for the Sims 3 Deluxe. Is that a good price or can I find it somewhere cheaper?[/QUOTE]

very good price on sims 3 deluxe. guy above just anti gs. never gotten a gutted pc game there. cheaper than best price on amazon.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Wow, almost every week I say to myself "Wow this is the worst gamestop ad of the year so far" and they prove me wrong the next week lol[/QUOTE]

i agree. This might be the worst week of the year. With WWe 12 coming around the corner, dumbass GS is still trying to make a profit on RVS 11 by selling it for $40. No thanks GS

Just priced matched Sims 3 Deluxe at my Bestbuy with no problems since the Gamestops only had gutted copies. Got it for $14.99 with a $15 Reward Zone Coupon.

glad i pre-ordered those sexy Sony PS3 virtual 7.1 surround sound wireless headphones for $65 at Amazon back in July.

They need to bring back a used deal of the week, and maybe a deal of the week for new games also. Trade in deal of the week would be cool also. It seems the layout is the same bullshit every week.

Front page covers either MSRP priced big release or MSRP new low price drop of a system or game, the back page generally consists of pre order this game and receive this bonus and games that just been released at MSRP prices, then the bottom page advertises trade in deals that are already going on.

[quote name='strait edge follower']They make so much money off their used market that they don't even try, How sad. they only specialize in gaming and yet they have the worst "deals"[/QUOTE]

Y give good deals if you dominate the market.

Honestly right now I think GS is just holding off and seein if BB will sink themselves to deep to get out on their used game market. In the meanwhile raking in the large profits from people buying GS games, that would probably be unsellable if not for BB (read ps2 games, 2 worlds 2 etc.) flippers.

There was 2 ways they could have gone offensively trying to compete or wait it out. If BB trade in does sink GS will make out majorly. Not only from the flippers, but also BB will probably sell of their used games to a secondary market where GS will possibly pick them up for cheap.

Of course if it goes the opposite and is even semi successful then GS will have some major catching up to do. On top of that their money maker (used games) will be depleted making it that much harder.

We'll see how it pans out soon enough.

bread's done
Back