Gameznflix.com coupon! $12.75 for 3 out at a time! This is CHEAP!

lilboo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
The source? My Dad. LOL

EDIT: Just found out where he got the code from, it's from http://www.retailmenot.com/view/gameznflix.com

If you don't know, Gameznflix (http://www.gameznflix.com/default.aspx?kbid=1447) is a site like Netflix and Gamefly, just together. You can rent movies and games. The only thing is their selection is limited and they DON'T have any DS games.. GRRR!!

But, when you click on sign up, go to I HAVE A COUPON and type in emmys.

Now look at the prices!

1 Out at a Time / $6.75 each month
2 Out at a Time / $9.75 each month
3 Out at a Time / $12.75 each month

3 out a time for $12.75 a month?! Holla!

I may do two at a time.. I haven't signed up YET I'm just sharing this info for anything.

I don't know if it's going to be YOUR price..as in if you stay with this company for a year.. will it STILL be $12.75? (or whatever you choose)

And a personal question. I live at home. If my dad uses this for him/mom/brother..can I have my own account..? We have the same name too LOL (with the exception of Jr in it)

I don't post deals often, but I hope this is useful to at LEAST someone!

Enjoy!

EDITED to change link to CAG referral link.

Also, here's the FAQ since alot of people seem to have questions
http://www.gameznflix.com/support/quickfaq.asp

Here is a list of the distribution centers, since this too gets asked alot in this thread!

Boston, MA
Washington DC
Orlando, FL
Franklin, KY (near Nashville, TN)
Dallas, TX
Sterling, CO (near Denver, CO)
Sacramento, CA
Seattle, WA
Los Angeles, CA

This is the customer service number if you need any assistance!
1-888-542-6817

[quote name='PyroGamer']I'm glad I forgoed the bad reviews (and missesd all the very bad reviews in the back), and decided to bite.

Fantastic service so far. I would not have had some great gaming experience hadn't it been for this service. Fantastic. Here's hoping they'll continue sending me stuff without a hitch (well, I suppose a scratched up Dead Rising, and the game DOAX2 -- oh my god can it get any worse- - could be considered hitches).[/quote]

Just wait it will get worse I did not think it would but it has. Sent a game and a movie back on Saturday and they still have not marked it as returned yet

[quote name='MrX']Just wait it will get worse I did not think it would but it has. Sent a game and a movie back on Saturday and they still have not marked it as returned yet[/QUOTE]
I feel like I'm getting spoiled. I don't know how I'll handle it if I have to cancel my service.

But also, honestly, does it "get worse", or have you just happened to hit one single bad experience in the however many months you've had it.

[quote name='PyroGamer']I feel like I'm getting spoiled. I don't know how I'll handle it if I have to cancel my service.

But also, honestly, does it "get worse", or have you just happened to hit one single bad experience in the however many months you've had it.[/quote]

No it does get worse as time goes on. Movies and games disappear from your q, items that show there never ship, ship times slow down to a crawl. Started at 2 days and now lucky to get anything in a week. Only had the service for three months and I know I am getting what I paying for and I really want to give them a chance because they are one of the few that you can get both at the same time but fuck this is getting old. Same stories from different people on the same things happening...

They supposedly shipped Crackdown on the 18th. Now it's the 26th and no sign of the game. If this keeps up I may try gamefly. It'll be $10 more, but if they prove to be more reliable then I think it'll be worth it. I still like the idea of online game rental versus buying games, but if gameznflix keeps this up, I'll make the switch.

[quote name='MrX']No it does get worse as time goes on. Movies and games disappear from your q, items that show there never ship, ship times slow down to a crawl. Started at 2 days and now lucky to get anything in a week. Only had the service for three months and I know I am getting what I paying for and I really want to give them a chance because they are one of the few that you can get both at the same time but fuck this is getting old. Same stories from different people on the same things happening...[/QUOTE]

In the last 5 years I have tried them all... the above statement applies to all of them. I think is was Netflix that was busted for this a few years ago... A guy created accounts for his entire family and would receive the newer movies faster with his latest accounts. The movies would just sit in the que of his older accounts.

these services are why digital distribution stands a chance to takeover... however I, and many many others, still like having a physical product.

I think it's a slow but inevitable change.

I think digital distribution will be great for renting, but I prefer the physical medium for things I buy. I uninstall my PC games after I'm done playing them, if I do that with digital distribution I have to go and download the whole thing over again and who knows if there will be server problems or if my connection is going to decide to go wonky or if I decided to *gasp* play the game on a computer without internet access.

update:

I received my two games in my Q only 2 days after shipping, and my 3rd game should be here tommorrow having already shipped.

IDK why my service fell apart after the second month but after renewing this time everything has went smoothly so far.

For some reason if I drop off an item in my mailbox or at work it takes DAYS for it to show up. Drop if off at the post office and that night it shows as returned. It's odd.... Anyway, Bulletwitch came today and my other two for returned. I'll update tomorrow with what may have shippeed.

PS: Rayman Raving Rabbids is now available to rent.

UPDATE: two random old movies from the bottom of my list shipped. Dancer In The Dark and Hollywood Ending. Bah wtf *cries* At least I own plenty of games to beat still.

Wouldn't it figure, I was considering canceling and I got two games today
Battlestations Midway (360) & Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix

I'll be happy for awhile

Returned Bulletwitch and they sent me the movie "Spartan". Well, that ends the list of movies out on my list so they can only send me games now :/ I wonder why they don't carry the movie "This film is not rated"....

It's kind of good that I have no games coming since I tsarted Valkyrie Profile 2 and Phoenix Wright 2.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']For some reason if I drop off an item in my mailbox or at work it takes DAYS for it to show up. Drop if off at the post office and that night it shows as returned. It's odd.... Anyway, Bulletwitch came today and my other two for returned. I'll update tomorrow with what may have shippeed.
[/QUOTE]

That's cause the post office has that fast return thing. The item is scanned at the post office so it's marked as return they instant they process it

Couple of questions did they charge your credit card as soon as you signed up? and how many months before their service starts to lag? do movies have a long wait time?

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']oh no you won't...[/quote]

you were right rock... I wasn't and its on its way back...

back to waiting on the mail for the next one..

[quote name='paintballers']Couple of questions did they charge your credit card as soon as you signed up? and how many months before their service starts to lag? do movies have a long wait time?[/QUOTE]
Here's how it worked for me:

They charged me $1 the day I signed up, probably just to see if my credit card was valid.

A month later I was billed for the preceding month, and that's how I've been billed since: paying for the previous month's service.

So far my service hasn't "started to lag" at all. I'm getting titles on time with no problems for going on 5 months.

I highly recommend against using Gameznflix to rent films. The movie selection is pretty bad. Some of the stuff listed isn't even available, and remains "on order" for eternity. I've heard HD disks are pretty unavailable. Personally I haven't tried renting movies because of what others said, and because I have Netflix. In fact, you should get Netflix too; it's fantastic.

Ar Tonelico for the ps2 shipped. Something else did as well but it hasn't updated and my list is missing whatever the mystery item is.... Either way they are scrapping the bottom of my barrel which is annoying. Seriously, who has madden 06 for the 360 rented out? King kong? chicken little? WTF *cries*

I think i'll stick to my 1 game out at a time for 15 a month with gamefly. The opening of the east coast distr. center will help with the slow distri. time.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']Seriously, who has madden 06 for the 360 rented out? King kong? chicken little? WTF *cries*[/QUOTE]
They probably don't have copies of those games, and if they do they might be scratched up.

Be careful renting older 360 titles, alot of them will get to you unplayable (especially because of the disk-cracking issues on the 360).

[quote name='R0wdi']I have no idea how long this thread has been going on. Is this deal still availlible?[/QUOTE]

Whip out the plastic and give it a shot.

[quote name='R0wdi']I have no idea what your talking about[/QUOTE]

Plastic = credit card.

For what it's worth, I signed up two weeks ago. I received two games, which I played for a weekend and then returned, as well as three DVD movies, which I also promptly returned. Gnf received the last of my rentals on Monday. My queue contains 12 [very common] items that had "short wait" times when I added them on my sign up date. None are likely to ship before the end of my first month. My distribution center is located within an hour's drive.

Count yourself lucky if you get three games out total. This is not Blockbuster or Netflix or even Gamefly: availability and stock are both atrocious.

[quote name='Wario64']That's cause the post office has that fast return thing. The item is scanned at the post office so it's marked as return they instant they process it[/quote]

So Gamesnflix uses that as well, even though they don't publicize it? Doesn't surprise me considering the rest of their web design. Gamefly promotes the hell out of that.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Is "Emmys" still working? for this price, it's worth it to me.[/quote]

I would pass... I think the Orlando distro center has been closed... everything I get now (3 titles in 2 weeks?!?!) has been shipped from Kentucky.

Plus, the company looks like it's it bad shape (stock for .0004 anyone?) and they have not been getting new releases DVD's either...

I am now pissed. Item was returned two days ago, shows as returned and nothing of my 29 wants have shipped. I have stuff from the ps2, xbox, 360 and wii and none of them are in? People want happy feet? sopranos? grabbed by the ghoulies??? WTF. Sending another complaint in. On another note, I got those two games in today....

update: they responded to my complaint with grammer errors and they were a bit snippy. As of 5:48 pm est the item still hasn't shipped or been listed. Here's their response....

YOur currently have 2 items out your 3rd item will be shipped out this evening,

Have a great day

Gameznflix support

I still have very little to complain about. I sent two back on Tuesday (two in one return envelope, since I had lost the other) and just got notification tonight that two have already shipped (Bullet Witch, Crackdown).

I'm a noob here but here are my .02

I've had gameznflix for a few months and I have yet to have any problems. I send a game back it arrives to GNF the next day and next day they send the next game on my queue although twice they've sent 1 of the 5 top games in my queue. I've rented older titles from them also and I had no problems with scratches so far so good :) I also have gamefly and of course they're quicker but I'm happy with both.

It's the next day and no item shipped. Will be sending another complaint tonight, wanting a reason as to why I was lied to. May cancel and then sign up again since the service has really died on me.

Discount price ahs been the same every month for me. Have two items back and nothing shipped. Did some digging and found their customer support phone number. I PMed the TC to add it to their original post but here it is. It was simple and got me quick results.

1-888-542-6817

My third out item has been returned and shows as such. They shipped me that dumb fishing game for the 360. That's great I thought except I still have two empty slots with nothing shipped. Sent another message to them. If I don't have two items shipped by tomorrow I am demanding a refund for the month and canceling my membership.

UPDATE: They have now also shipped me my #5 want: Earth Defense Force. But still I have an empty slot and if something doesn't ship today I am canceling. I may or may not rejoin.

Well, I've got an interesting "other side of the fence" story I thought I'd share for all the people who think Gamefly's grass is so much greener. Now, before anybody jumps at me with an all out fanboy war, understand that I don't think Gameznflix is pefect by any means (as I've reiterrated time and time again). However, I do think that anybody who thinks Gamefly is perfect has their head up their ass. Example:

I decided to give Gamefly a try since they opened their new shipping center in PA and us east coasters can finally get more than one game every two weeks. I signed up on 5/7 and received my first game today (5/9). Not bad at all for shipping time. I rented God of War II...well, at least that's what I thought I rented. I did receive the God of War II sleeve, but inside it was the original God of War...which I already own.

This pissed me off to say the least. Not only did I not get a game I have been looking forward to, but Gamefly thinks I HAVE it! More than likely, somebody rented God of War II, sent back a nice used copy of God of War ($17.99 at GS), and now has a $17.99 GoWII. Obviously the rookies at the PA shipping center missed it, but since they just sent the game on to me, they have no way to prove that I, myself, didn't do the dirty deed! I didn't...but if I they come at me with that defense, I'll rip them a new asshole.

I've already sent a complaint letter because those kind of mistakes are pathetic. You could teach a monkey to sort videogames. I'll tell ya. I'm not impressed at all thus far.

Well, it took about 4 months for my account to go to shit. My queue has been clear for over a week, and they have not shipped out anything from my list of 23 items.

Not sure what the problem is, the third item hasn't shipped. Maybe it's a computer glitch on their end but either way they have refunded me for the entire month. I don't understand why you people wait days and weeks with nothing being shipped when you have low wait items in your queue.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, I've got an interesting "other side of the fence" story I thought I'd share for all the people who think Gamefly's grass is so much greener. Now, before anybody jumps at me with an all out fanboy war, understand that I don't think Gameznflix is pefect by any means (as I've reiterrated time and time again). However, I do think that anybody who thinks Gamefly is perfect has their head up their ass. Example:

I decided to give Gamefly a try since they opened their new shipping center in PA and us east coasters can finally get more than one game every two weeks. I signed up on 5/7 and received my first game today (5/9). Not bad at all for shipping time. I rented God of War II...well, at least that's what I thought I rented. I did receive the God of War II sleeve, but inside it was the original God of War...which I already own.

This pissed me off to say the least. Not only did I not get a game I have been looking forward to, but Gamefly thinks I HAVE it! More than likely, somebody rented God of War II, sent back a nice used copy of God of War ($17.99 at GS), and now has a $17.99 GoWII. Obviously the rookies at the PA shipping center missed it, but since they just sent the game on to me, they have no way to prove that I, myself, didn't do the dirty deed! I didn't...but if I they come at me with that defense, I'll rip them a new asshole.

I've already sent a complaint letter because those kind of mistakes are pathetic. You could teach a monkey to sort videogames. I'll tell ya. I'm not impressed at all thus far.[/QUOTE]

I hope you were polite about it. The difference in this siltation is, most likely Gamefly will treat you with respect about it (as long as you were respectful)...and actually respond to you. Gameznflix would have just ignored you, and/or charged you for the game.

Rayman for the 360 has shipped now. So I now have 3 out.... Eh... Maybe it will all run smoothly when I return these since I'm sue the fishing game will be mailed back the same day or the next day and most likely the same for rayman. I actually think the fishing game will come today on my day off.

My debit card that I used for this expired after I canceled, I wonder if I used my new one if I'll be able to get the first month for $1 again? LOL This way I get $1 rental + some good service for 2-3 months.. Hmm..

[quote name='Wolfpup']I hope you were polite about it. The difference in this siltation is, most likely Gamefly will treat you with respect about it (as long as you were respectful)...and actually respond to you. Gameznflix would have just ignored you, and/or charged you for the game.[/quote]

I was as polite about it as someone can be when they are a brand new customer to a service and the VERY first experience with them is a bad one. I told them that I was extremely disappointed and frustrated. That I was already a member of Gameznflix.com and wanted to try out the new distro center in PA as a means for comparing the two services. After explaining their screwup and what most likely happened, I informed them that the service thus far was pathetic, and if the issue was not addressed immediately, I would like to cancel my service and be refunded for my first month. Also, if the service did not improve dramatically, I'd be sticking with Gameznflix.com.

It's been about 24 hours since I sent the email and still no response. Those must be great rosy colored glasses you've got. Can I borrow them?

[quote name='Wolfpup']The difference in this siltation is, most likely Gamefly will treat you with respect about it (as long as you were respectful)...and actually respond to you. Gameznflix would have just ignored you, and/or charged you for the game.[/quote]

Still no response from Gamefly. I crossed out the barcode, wrote "wrong game" on the sleeve, and dropped it back in the mail. We'll see what happens when they get it back. I still think the rampant fanboyism for one company or the other is ignorant though. No company is perfect.

I still haven't been charged for my account. No complaints here. I signed up as a Circuit City employee on November 7 for my two free months of service using a special code. Every month on the 7th I get charged 0.00. I have kept about 30-40 items in my que and have had pretty good luck getting blu-rays and hd-dvds in my que. No complaints here, heheh

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Still no response from Gamefly. I crossed out the barcode, wrote "wrong game" on the sleeve, and dropped it back in the mail. We'll see what happens when they get it back. I still think the rampant fanboyism for one company or the other is ignorant though. No company is perfect.[/QUOTE]

No company is perfect, but one of those companies has a good reputation, the other has a long list of Better Business Bureau complaints which are rarely resolved, and frequently not even responded to.

For some reason my last game that got sent back to Gameznflix took a really long time. I dropped it off at the mail office last thursday and they finally got it back. Normally it only take 2 days for them to get it back and ship me a new one but maybe their was some mix up, I tried being patient and it ended up working out.

Getting Crackdown and hopefully it will have the beta invite on it :)

anyone know if you still get the discount if you close your account and then reactivate it? school's almost out and i'm stupid enough to open it back up, maybe.

I don't think the coupon works.. :(

I tried re-signing up (with different e-mail & CC) and the prices were still the same.. ;(

Correction, I just re-signed up and the coupon worked! I did 2 at a time..i'm on 14 day free trial..so that's nice.
Hopefully I get a few good months again. I just want a few games to play. Tis all :)

bread's done
Back