Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='marvelguy68']today was the last day for the limited, not the epic. its still up for now at gamestop[/QUOTE]

What since when are there deadlines to pre order games? I want the limited but havent pre ordered yet.

[quote name='The 7th Number']What since when are there deadlines to pre order games? I want the limited but havent pre ordered yet.[/QUOTE]

This.

I felt like they were trying to sell me a Portal 2 preorder the night before its release. :roll:

And the game comes out in September. Seems a bit early to end pre-orders...

[quote name='marvelguy68']today was the last day for the limited, not the epic. its still up for now at gamestop[/QUOTE]

Is there a deadline for all other retailers as well? Crap I was gonna preorder the limited edition lancer bundle just now and its been removed. fuck

Wow i talked to my friend who works at gamestop and he said it was the last day to pre order the LE Gears 3. Its not even on the site anymore. Damn! I want the LE but i dont want to pre order just yet, in case i change my mind and get the epic edition.

I didn't see it on a quick glance of the thread here, but is the gamestop bundle for the epic edition and lancer in store, is it online only? I called my friend that works at my local GS and he said it wasn't in their system.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']I didn't see it on a quick glance of the thread here, but is the gamestop bundle for the epic edition and lancer in store, is it online only? I called my friend that works at my local GS and he said it wasn't in their system.[/QUOTE]

According to the Gamestop website, the Epic Edition with Lancer is available online only. Just the Lancer should be available for ordering in-store.

Did the LE of Gears 2 ever drop in price? Like significantly like AvP Hunter Edition, or Reach?

I've been thinking of picking up the Epic Edition, but I really don't wanna be burned like with GTAIV or like Dead Space 2.(Dead Space 2 is kinda burned, it's still available on Amazon, but it hasn't dropped in price...)

The LE of Gears 2 still sells for between $60 to $70 new. Used complete ones can be had for as little as $20. I bought a used like new condition one for $18 on Half.com. It did not have the gold lancer code.

Hmmm...I want the Commando Dom skin, but I was going to get the Limited....maybe I'll have to trade the code that I get for one after it comes out or something

allow me to stir the pot a bit:
Anyone here buying anything other than the standard at Amazon or Wal-mart is not a true CAG.

I mean this thread flies in the face of CAG. These bundle prices are ridiculous. (No offense to the OP, spectacular job updating & organizing the info)

[quote name='velvet396']Anyone here buying anything other than the standard at Amazon or Wal-mart is not a true CAG.
[/QUOTE]

Somehow, I think we can live with whatever category you assign us to.

Gamestop did the same thing with Call of Duty: Black Ops Hardened Edition.

And just like when they did it with Blops, they've pushed a bunch of business Amazon's way.

[quote name='velvet396']allow me to stir the pot a bit:
Anyone here buying anything other than the standard at Amazon or Wal-mart is not a true CAG.

I mean this thread flies in the face of CAG. These bundle prices are ridiculous. (No offense to the OP, spectacular job updating & organizing the info)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but have to differ with you. Agreed, the bundles are very expensive, however you do get $20 in savings if buying as a bundle, which, I would estimate as a CAG, as a save some cash move. After all, we are a bunch of game collectors, aren't we? So, we have to buy all this stuff...

[quote name='MoCiWe']Hmmm...I want the Commando Dom skin, but I was going to get the Limited....maybe I'll have to trade the code that I get for one after it comes out or something[/QUOTE]

My preorder is at Gamestop. Let me know where you preorder and maybe we could trade codes depending on retailers.

[quote name='velvet396']allow me to stir the pot a bit:

I mean this thread flies in the face of CAG. These bundle prices are ridiculous. (No offense to the OP, spectacular job updating & organizing the info)[/QUOTE]

True the Bundle Prices are ridiculous. I am going to try to get the Epic Edition for my Birthday like I did with Halo Reach Legendary Edition since both fall around the same time. Hopefully Amazon will "accidently" drop Gears of War 3 Epic Edition to the price of the Standard Edition like they did Halo Reach Legendary Edition. Thanks anyway. No offense taken.

Thank you OP! It was your posting here that got me to place my order for the Limited Edition Lancer bundle early. I might have shown up late to the party and missed the deal. I am guessing that Gamestop will have the bundle for sale again. There is a lot of months between now and when the game releases...

[quote name='mechachrome']Gamestop did the same thing with Call of Duty: Black Ops Hardened Edition.

And just like when they did it with Blops, they've pushed a bunch of business Amazon's way.[/QUOTE]

But in their defense I only found one gamestop that had a spare Black ops Hardened Edition on launch. This was out of 14-16 gamestops.

Now 2 weeks later a few stores had some in, because people didn't pick them up

[quote name='deantjeep']Thank you OP! It was your posting here that got me to place my order for the Limited Edition Lancer bundle early. I might have shown up late to the party and missed the deal. I am guessing that Gamestop will have the bundle for sale again. There is a lot of months between now and when the game releases...[/QUOTE]

Your welcome. It is confirmed the Gears of War 3 Limited Edition has been Permanently Shut Off at Gamestop. Both Online and In Store.

It is official. Gamestop has Shut Off the Limited Edition both Online and In Store. If you already have an existing Preorder for the Limited Edition with Gamestop you will still get your Preorder so dont worry. If you want the Retro Lancer Bundle you will either have to get the Standard Edition or Epic Edition. Prices are list in First Post. Or if you dont mind spending the Extra $20 you can get the Retro Lancer from Gamestop for $100 and get the Limited Edition from another Retailer.

[quote name='deantjeep']Sorry, but have to differ with you. Agreed, the bundles are very expensive, however you do get $20 in savings if buying as a bundle, which, I would estimate as a CAG, as a save some cash move. After all, we are a bunch of game collectors, aren't we? So, we have to buy all this stuff...[/QUOTE]

I don't understand the mentality around here in that every game must be acquired at some enormous discount. Sure I enjoy saving a few bucks when possible like most people, BUT I am a game collector first and foremost! If I think something will be hard to find later or may go OOP, I don't care what the price, just let me get one before that happens:cool: That being said, locked in a pre-order for the Epic Edition Lancer Bundle. Wanted to wait on further packaging details, but seeing the LE disappear so quickly, decided I'd rather pay more now than risk a discount and missing out later.

http://www.warpzoned.com/?p=8532
So the Gears of War 3 “Campaign Trailer” was supposed to make its world premiere during game six of the NBA Eastern Conference playoffs. There’s just one problem. Lebron James and the Miami Heat steamrolled over the Chicago Bulls in five games. This never would have happened in Michael Jordan’s heyday! But don’t worry, Epic Games has a backup plan. The trailer will still premiere tomorrow, but instead of appearing on our TVs during the NBA Playoffs, it’ll be available online at the Gears of War Facebook page. Epic is even holding an Online Viewing Party at 3:00 PM (Eastern Time) for the official unveiling of the trailer. Which is three hours earlier than we would have gotten it if it had aired during the basketball game.

There is also a Golden Retro Lancer. Exclusive to Europe and Play. Please no Prince William jokes. Lol.
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/44522/Playcom-selling-Gears-of-War-gun
184_26790_gold-lancer-200x200.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said, we are game collectors! But, it never hurts to save some cash and getting a great deal is really CAG!

[quote name='Diafolic zR']Does anyone have a 48hr trial i could use my account got hacked and i had to make a new account and no live right now :([/QUOTE]

Wrong thread. All Xbox 360's have a free 30 Day Trial on them if you create a new Gamertag. Go here. You are also a CAG Newbie and this was your first post. This thread is for Gears of War 3 therefore it is under Video Game Deals. Use the link I have below and try there. Hopefully you will find some help. I know how you feel if your account got hacked. I hope you are able to recover it. Good luck. Just remember the guidelines and you will be fine.

DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. ONLY POST SPECIFIC VIDEO GAME DEALS!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61

[quote name='Ionotropic']Too bad play doesn't ship to US. I was gonna order it.[/QUOTE]

If they did ship to the US it would cost $125 USD. In order to have it shipped from them you have to convert the currency. They use to Euros which equals out to 87.49 and convert that to USD which is around $125. But you dont have to worry about trying to get this shipped over here because they dont ship Gadgets outside of the UK and the Gears of War 3: Gold Retro Lancer is Classified as a Gadget because of the Machine Gun Sound Effect. Sucks dont it.

I would imagine a lot of collectors in the UK would rather have the US version of the Retro Lancer. They get the gold cause of the gun laws, I believe. Which would you prefer? Me, I go with the US version.

[quote name='deantjeep']I would imagine a lot of collectors in the UK would rather have the US version of the Retro Lancer. They get the gold cause of the gun laws, I believe. Which would you prefer? Me, I go with the US version.[/QUOTE]

Gun laws? For a toy? Both are nice but I would get the US Version. Like I said earlier if you could get the Gold Retro Lancer shipped you would have to pay $125. Which is $45 extra if you bundled and saved $20 from Gamestop.

sometimes its hard to keep up with the deals. if i knew the GS deadline was yesterday i would have ordered it in time. bad timing because i missed it within a few hours literally. Damn you GS for shutting off preorders before the lot was even sold out.

That totally blows that they would close it off so early, especially without notice. Luckily I went yesterday and switched it since I had been meaning to do it but I have friends that still wanted to get it. x.x

[quote name='Luxuria']That totally blows that they would close it off so early, especially without notice. Luckily I went yesterday and switched it since I had been meaning to do it but I have friends that still wanted to get it. x.x[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Donut2922']sometimes its hard to keep up with the deals. if i knew the GS deadline was yesterday i would have ordered it in time. bad timing because i missed it within a few hours literally. Damn you GS for shutting off preorders before the lot was even sold out.[/QUOTE]

You two can still Preorder the Limited Edition from Amazon, Best Buy, and Walmart.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']You two can still Preorder the Limited Edition from Amazon, Best Buy, and Walmart.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I preordered it at Best Buy after I found out about the GS last minute notice :roll:

I just wanted the lancer replica deal from GS

[quote name='RedStep']Somehow, I think we can live with whatever category you assign us to.[/QUOTE]

wasn't trying to change anyone. Dunno. Can't justify the prices myself, for what you get.
Don't get me wrong, they are tempting bundles... but the point is gears, and the game plays the same in all the editions.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']That trailer is wicked! When I heard War Pigs, I got chills. This cemented my Epic ed. pre-order![/QUOTE]

Yeah, that trailer was nuts. My expectations were high, but that completely blew them away.

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']Yeah, that trailer was nuts. My expectations were high, but that completely blew them away.[/QUOTE]

Lambent Berserker and Lambent Leviathan. My expectations were high also but this has just shot them down and raised the bar even higher. I mean this is EPIC. Whats next Lambent Brumak and Lambent Corpser.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']Lambent Berserker and Lambent Leviathan. My expectations were high also but this has just shot them down and raised the bar even higher. I mean this is EPIC. Whats next Lambent Brumak and Lambent Corpser.[/QUOTE]

Whats next? Lambent RAAM, Back for revenge! :cool:

[quote name='The 7th Number']Whats next? Lambent RAAM, Back for revenge! :cool:[/QUOTE]

That would suck but you never know with Epic Games. I did read on a Gears of War 3 Discussion Board under Boss Battles that the Final Boss will be the toughest boss you have ever fought in a video game. Spoiler alert.
So I am thinking maybe Lambent Queen Myrah because Queen Myrah is the boss in Gears of War 3 or so I hear and sine Epic has introduced the Lambent as a new species to fight. Sorry for any spoilers people.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']That would suck but you never know with Epic Games. I did read on a Gears of War 3 Discussion Board under Boss Battles that the Final Boss will be the toughest boss you have ever fought in a video game. Spoiler alert.
So I am thinking maybe Lambent Queen Myrah because Queen Myrah is the boss in Gears of War 3 or so I hear and sine Epic has introduced the Lambent as a new species to fight. Sorry for any spoilers people.
[/QUOTE]

Damn, Raam was a pain in the ass on Insane, they say the Gears 3 boss is tougher... *runs and shivers in the corner*

OP, maybe you should add to the poll, how many are ordering or plan to purchase the Retro Lancer. Just and idea, and might be interesting.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Damn, Raam was a pain in the ass on Insane, they say the Gears 3 boss is tougher... *runs and shivers in the corner*[/QUOTE]

Lets put it this way. The way I understood it is the Final Boss in Gears of War 3 if you play it on Casual will be like fighting Ramm on Insane. Here let me try to explain it because I dont have the chart saved. I dont know if this is true or not. It had like 5 different charts explaining Reloads, Damage, Fire Rate, Weapons, and Health. ETC...ETC...ETC...

Gears of War 3: Final Boss Battle.
Casual = Raam on Insane times One
Normal = Raam on Insane times Two
Hardcore = Raam on Insane times Three
Insane = Raam on Insane times Four

[quote name='deantjeep']OP, maybe you should add to the poll, how many are ordering or plan to purchase the Retro Lancer. Just and idea, and might be interesting.[/QUOTE]

I thought of that but I dont know how to edit the poll. If you could explain it to me I would.

Didn't most people beat Raam on Insane through Cooperative play? Maybe that's why they made it so difficult, since it now has 4 player campaign mode. They had to raise the difficulty somehow.

Question:
While I'm aware that you can swap guns with other players in the game, can you swap weapons with Non Playable Characters like you can in Halo? Has anyone heard any information on this? I'm curious if you could give Dom, Baird or Cole a torque bow or boomshot in exchange for their lancer or shotgun if you were playing the game solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back