Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

I'm glad I started on the insane campaign but dread seeing the final boss.
She (and her Therons) gave me such a hard time, without mods, on hardcore setting.
I'm glad I've got the super-reload mod for insane setting but wished I would have worked towards getting some of the other mods, too.

tbh, the level that I had the most difficulty with is the submarine level on insanity. mutators really don't have any affect and you can fail so easily and quickly.

The final boss was near-impossible on Hardcore, much less Insane. And the rest of the game was so easy compared to the previous Gears games, I think they felt like they had to make up for it with an ultra-hard final boss. I only beat it on 4-player Insane because we got that glitch where the Palace Guards quit spawning.

I'm on insane Act 5, already and the only levels that gave me trouble were the leviathan, submarine level, and any scene with the Gunkers. The lambent berzerker, brumaks & Armored Kantus, were easy compared to those Gunkers. Even playing on Horde, I automatically run for cover, when Gunkers show up.

I just finished insane single player last night. It wasnt too bad with super reload on, I fucking ran out of ammo on the last part and kept getting killed by therons trying to get to the ammo boxes, so make sure you keep your ammo up

So, despite what the press release said about the Impossible skins unlocking after Christmas, if you download the Booster map pack right now (and have beaten the campaign on Insane of course) they will unlock right away.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']So, despite what the press release said about the Impossible skins unlocking after Christmas, if you download the Booster map pack right now (and have beaten the campaign on Insane of course) they will unlock right away.[/QUOTE]

thats good news!

[quote name='Ryuukishi']So, despite what the press release said about the Impossible skins unlocking after Christmas, if you download the Booster map pack right now (and have beaten the campaign on Insane of course) they will unlock right away.[/QUOTE]

sweet I am gonna work on it after the Packers game.

Hm, downloaded the MP map pack, but for some reason I'm only seeing Clocktower and Bulletmarsh when I do a private match. The other 3 new maps aren't showing up. I tried it with a TDM match.

From what I recall the other 3 are not supposed to be available for private and horde matches. Only for matchmaking for those without the Horde pack.

[quote name='menikmati']Logged on for the Thanksgibbing event.[/QUOTE]

Gonna miss this event, I'm no where near my Xbox right now :cry:

[quote name='menikmati']Logged on for the Thanksgibbing event.[/QUOTE]

Its rather entertaining. :lol:

Glad they gave us some free maps. I still can't believe they was free.

Is this like the previous Gears games where you get credit for beating the campaign (or an Act) on the difficulty even if you do just the last chapter? Or at least do you get the credit for doing the last one?

I ask because once again this game wiped out my achievement progress. Beat the game on Hardcore, but for some reason I can only go back to Act 1 and 5, the rest are gone. Anyone wanna do Hardcore co-op on whatever I need to unlock insane again and then try an Insane run? I would just start with Insane, but I can't.

[quote name='Logg']Anyone up for Horde tonight. Made it to 39 last night would like to some day beat it.[/QUOTE]

I would also like to beat Horde. What time are you trying to start this? Send me an invite: Jjuniorp12.

[quote name='Logg']Anyone up for Horde tonight. Made it to 39 last night would like to some day beat it.[/QUOTE]

I haven't beaten it, yet either. Highest I've gotten was 44+ with 3 players, on Overpass, then 1 had to leave so didn't get much farther after that.

Send me a FR and if I'm on, I'll join in.

Ya my son is here and Gears my be a little much for a 7 year old. I probably won't be able to play till like 9 central time but I have a Mic and all that I will send some friends requests and will be on playing lego games during the day.

I'd be up for it. I need to resume around 15 or so.

I could get in on this, but I won't be back on until Sunday

Every time I try to join a game that Ryu invites me to it keeps giving me a Connection to host error message. I was able to play and complete Insane Horde with other people from this site, but I still have trouble getting into Horde games. Is there a way to correct this?

I people need a fifth and can't find someone, message me. I should be on tonight and this weekend.

damn, no BF deals on the $80 version. I don't know why I want that damn medal so badly but I'm apparently willing to pay $40 over the going price for the game today just to get the stupid thing.

So I feel asleep watching some old Garfield cartoon with my son at like 9:00 pm. LOL but I gotta take him to his mom's this afternoon so I should be on later today and tomorrow if anyone still wants to play.

[quote name='nasum']Ahh you're a good man Charlie Prime[/QUOTE]If you didn't get that deal, I have an open LE that I can part with. I HAVE used the Adam Fenix code. The other stuff isn't that interesting to me although I admit the medal is pretty cool and hefty for it's size. LMK.

Do any of you guys play competitive multiplayer on a regular basis? All my friends have moved on to MW 3 and BF3 so I need some more guys to play with.

[quote name='Sinfulfate']Do any of you guys play competitive multiplayer on a regular basis? All my friends have moved on to MW 3 and BF3 so I need some more guys to play with.[/QUOTE]

I still do, but I'm really really really bad at this game.

I do. I just can't play anything else. MW3 didn't hold my interest so I've been back.

[quote name='nasum']Ahh you're a good man Charlie Prime[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Anyone up for trying to get the skins for beating Insane in the upcoming weeks? I have to finish up on Hardcore, but after that I'm ready to go.[/QUOTE]

But if you beat it on insane then it counts as hardcore too, so you dont have to finish it up first.

I still play competitive, just really been busy with school and work. Between BF3, MW3, and Gears 3 I probably play Gears more than anything else with what little time I have.

Whew!! Just finished the insane campaign.\\:D/

Act 1, sans mutators. Act2, started using SR. After getting killed numerous times and getting frustrated on Act5:chp 6, I decided I needed unlimited ammo and worked 2-days on getting the mutator. 2 more days of frustration even with SR & UA, I was able to finally beat her....of course, the game did glitch and the Therons & Guards didn't respawn, leaving me free to riddle her with countless lancer rounds & HOD...but, I'm finally done with her. Got my 2nd Onyx medal and Impossible Mission Set.

Now I can go back to concentrating on the Horde, once again.

[quote name='knightsmith']shhhhhhh... just got my SB left to work on lvl 3 right now! man the rockets are sick with it![/QUOTE]

I am still stuck at Level 1. Hope to get some solid MW3 and GOW3 play time in today, maybe I can get it up to Level 2.

So can I get credit for beating the game on Insane co-op if I'm playing with someone who unlocked the difficulty even if I haven't? I know it doesn't work in split screen, but wasn't sure about online co-op.

And does anyone want to do an Insane co-op run? I might have to finish Hardcore first if the above doesn't work.

bread's done
Back