Gears of War - General Discussion 2 - Re-release 6/24 w/Maps and Extras (No PC Stuff)

[quote name='seanr1221']Hah, to stay at my friends apartment, because I've never been there. Plus they made a new pong table I wanted to try out :lol:

Ah well, I might just go during my spring break, which is a week before PSUs[/QUOTE]

Alright just wondering... I may be a little biased but I have to say State College is a great town and Penn State has a great campus... don't forget to check out the campus, you might just see where my avatar comes from...

Decided to play through the campaign

MAYBE SPOILERS!

Act1 was good, 2 and 3 were horrible and 4 and 5 were great.

SPOILERS!!!

Was that cape dude the next General RAAM for GOW 2?

Sorry I couldn't get in your game Zoo and Trakan. I played through the round and checked the message and by the time I got out to the boards I guess yall had a full room.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']..speaking of which, let's get a Gears game going tonight. I've been away from this game far too long.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably be on around 9 EST maybe a bit earlier.

Man, the online community for this game is rather immature. How many 10 year olds can you take screaming in your ear various forms of profanity or acting as though they were the real life version of Elmo? Comparing CoD3 and GoW I must say that I prefer CoD3's multiplayer overall because it is far more redeeming than GoW, but on the other hand I kind of suck other than the 'noobish' move of chainsawing people, which never gets old but I'm mainly doing for the achievement. I just can't get a handle on the weapons like the boomshot because it and the other guns are so damn innacurrate. Again, maybe I just suck and my skill isn't upto par yet.

Anyway, new question: to get the achievements, such as the chainsaw one, does it tally it up throughout the various modes?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Man, the online community for this game is rather immature. How many 10 year olds can you take screaming in your ear various forms of profanity or acting as though they were the real life version of Elmo? Comparing CoD3 and GoW I must say that I prefer CoD3's multiplayer overall because it is far more redeeming than GoW, but on the other hand I kind of suck other than the 'noobish' move of chainsawing people, which never gets old but I'm mainly doing for the achievement. I just can't get a handle on the weapons like the boomshot because it and the other guns are so damn innacurrate. Again, maybe I just suck and my skill isn't upto par yet.

Anyway, new question: to get the achievements, such as the chainsaw one, does it tally it up throughout the various modes?[/quote]

To my knowledge, it does because I had 95 executions in Warzone and got the achievement so it must've added from the very few games I played in Execution.

[quote name='nintendokid']To my knowledge, it does because I had 95 executions in Warzone and got the achievement so it must've added from the very few games I played in Execution.[/QUOTE]

Yep it's universal... I had about 45 curb stomps in exe and warz each with about 10 in assas (horrible word shortening...) giving me the acheivement...

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Thanks guys. Any tips on how to become better with the shotgun, etc.?[/QUOTE]

don't aim with the left trigger... aim from the hip. Plus practice your pistol... it's underapreciated.

I'll be on tonight looking to play some versus - preferrably with some CAGs. I tried playing last night but I got called a fag within 5 minutes by some dude who was "getting his liquor on" and "loves tequila" because I'm not that good at it and apparently chainsawing him is cheap or something. Not fun.

[quote name='javeryh']I'll be on tonight looking to play some versus - preferrably with some CAGs. I tried playing last night but I got called a fag within 5 minutes by some dude who was "getting his liquor on" and "loves tequila" because I'm not that good at it and apparently chainsawing him is cheap or something. Not fun.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to xbox live :D

I was playing the other day and heard some kid yelling at his friend's mom on the phone. I think she was accusing him of getting her son into drugs and being an overall crap friend. The best is when you don't talk smack, kill their arses and they bump you from the game.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Man, the online community for this game is rather immature. How many 10 year olds can you take screaming in your ear various forms of profanity or acting as though they were the real life version of Elmo?...[/QUOTE]

The more popular the game the worse the online community is going to be. Same situation with Halo 2 and it will be the same with Halo 3. Kids usually only play the most popular games, which is unfortunate because the most popular games are often the best. But as far as I'm concerned if Microsoft adds private chat for 4-8 people, I won't care who I'm playing because I won't be listening.

[quote name='Apossum']Welcome to xbox live :D[/quote]

I kept playing on mute and all I tried to do was chainsaw that guy over and over. I got him 4 more times. :D

I just mute those people I can't stand hearing. I can take trash talking ok until it changes to racial slurs homophobia or other immature banter. Two clicks and my blood pressure stops rising and I don't have to listen to them complaining or calling me god knows what.

Gonna send some of you guys that I don't have on my friends list (javeryh, felix lighter, bisquit and some others) a friend invite so we can get some games going sometime, so when you get a thing from ISmashHotChicks don't think it's some weirdo.

edit: sent them to pretty much anyone that wasn't on my friends list that posted in the last 2 pages

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']don't aim with the left trigger... aim from the hip. Plus practice your pistol... it's underapreciated.[/QUOTE]

You can aim with the shotgun, just don't do it in a firefight with a ton of people. I aim with it when I know I can kill the person and want to make sure that I get them.

[quote name='javeryh']I'll be on tonight looking to play some versus - preferrably with some CAGs. I tried playing last night but I got called a fag within 5 minutes by some dude who was "getting his liquor on" and "loves tequila" because I'm not that good at it and apparently chainsawing him is cheap or something. Not fun.[/quote]

I'll send an invite to you.

On a side note, I'd like to get a few ranked games in tonight with some CAGs, as its rather boring playing with random strangers (well the random part is killer) and would rather play with people I see around here on a regular basis.

[quote name='javeryh']I kept playing on mute and all I tried to do was chainsaw that guy over and over. I got him 4 more times. :D[/QUOTE]

Always the best thing to do, its just a game. Even though you yourself will one day find it annoying when you get chainsaw'd or tagged.

I remember i stopped tagging and chainsawing all together once i got the achievements but my kill count suffered as well.

This one time though i got saw'd and it pissed me off so the next round i chainsaw'd all 4 of them before any of my teammates found them lol.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Gonna send some of you guys that I don't have on my friends list (javeryh, felix lighter, bisquit and some others) a friend invite so we can get some games going sometime, so when you get a thing from ISmashHotChicks don't think it's some weirdo.

edit: sent them to pretty much anyone that wasn't on my friends list that posted in the last 2 pages[/QUOTE]

Cool. I downloaded the new maps last night, but i haven't had the chance to try them. I'll be on around 11pm est.

Sweet. I saw your invites when I was done playing single player but I'll be on later tonight for multiplayer. I'm on 4-6 right now going through on hardcore. I've got 25/30 COG tags with no help - but I think I'm going to use a guide to get the last 5 the next time through... I'd love to play some ranked matches with friends because I would like to get some of the MP achievements eventually...

Just saw the invite earlier jimfoley16 hopefully we all can get a big cag game tonight. Right now I'm playing the demo for crackdown and loving it, this is definitly a buy for me.

[quote name='javeryh']I'll be on tonight looking to play some versus - preferrably with some CAGs. I tried playing last night but I got called a fag within 5 minutes by some dude who was "getting his liquor on" and "loves tequila" because I'm not that good at it and apparently chainsawing him is cheap or something. Not fun.[/quote]

Hey fag, I'll be down to get my liquor on and chainsaw to the face on. Accept the FR and we will have to get an all CAG room.

[quote name='Kendal']Hey fag, I'll be down to get my liquor on and chainsaw to the face on. Accept the FR and we will have to get an all CAG room.[/quote]

Word. I'm in.

The new update might be a clan system.

If anyone has seen the most recent 1up show apparently MS gave Ubi the ok to put a clan system into GRAW2.

What's a clan system? I'm guessing you can form permanent teams or something?

... yeah, this is my first online shooter game...

[quote name='jimfoley16']i'm down for the CAG room. You guys wanna do it soon? It's 6:09 PM EST right now, it'd be cool to get it goin by like 7 PM.[/quote]
Zewone, Xecutioner and myself are playing ranked matches now if you want to be our 4th. 19 rounds, Execution, War Machine. There's currently 3/8 players.

:rofl: Yup, that's the crowd that plays Gears of War. Really sad, but that's why I play Call of Duty more. It's a far more pleasing multiplayer game IMO, but Gears is still good.

[quote name='javeryh']I kept playing on mute and all I tried to do was chainsaw that guy over and over. I got him 4 more times. :D[/quote]

Yup, I love the chainsaw, but I hate how erratic it is. It should be a quick and simple press B to rev up and then a quick fire from the right trigger. Sometimes I'll have it revved up and come around a guy and quickly turn the camera, but the chainsaw won't work:cry:. I don't know why either.

I played a little last night. I'm right at the end of Chapter 5-2 on hardcore (the last checkpoint before 5-3 and the RAAM fight). I'm hoping I can beat RAAM but I had a very hard time with him on casual so I might be calling out for some CAG assistance - will I still get the achievement points if someone plays as Dom with me?

[quote name='javeryh']I played a little last night. I'm right at the end of Chapter 5-2 on hardcore (the last checkpoint before 5-3 and the RAAM fight). I'm hoping I can beat RAAM but I had a very hard time with him on casual so I might be calling out for some CAG assistance - will I still get the achievement points if someone plays as Dom with me?[/QUOTE]
Yeah you still get the points.

I beat insane last night, but wait Microsoft had to give ubisoft the ok to make a clan system for Graw 1.5? I thought clan systems could be put in whenever as well as party systems.....The only thing the Microsoft policy prohibits is inviting friends into a ranked match. That is why Bungie is including their party system and a clan system in Halo 3

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']My guess is that the gears update will replace this weeks xbla release...[/QUOTE]

Ugh, it better not be. :bomb:

bread's done
Back