Gears Of War: Judgment - Lost Relics DLC out now VIP - 6/25 for Non VIP

I've been doing FFA since that's what I like to do in any game, and I'm just not that great at this game :/ I've played all of the others and enjoyed them, but it took me like 18 games to finally win one, I'm getting more used to it but have to use the gnasher/melee stuff since everyone is, and I've been getting better with the frags at least. I tried a few overruns as well and that seems fun but my team kept getting destroyed.

shoutouts to spell checks!
prestiged ;)
[quote name='MoCiWe']I've been doing FFA since that's what I like to do in any game, and I'm just not that great at this game :/ I've played all of the others and enjoyed them, but it took me like 18 games to finally win one, I'm getting more used to it but have to use the gnasher/melee stuff since everyone is, and I've been getting better with the frags at least. I tried a few overruns as well and that seems fun but my team kept getting destroyed.[/QUOTE]
Like masturbation practice makes perfect

[quote name='GUNNM']shoutouts to spell checks!
prestiged ;)

Like masturbation practice makes perfect[/QUOTE]

Oh I've been getting better! I'm usually decent/pretty good at games and am just currently sitting at a .7 k/d in this, doesn't help that I like to switch up what I'm playing a lot since I have to keep getting adjusted but I'm sure after a while I'll be used to it though. But as you pointed out, doesn't help that I'm level 10 and keep getting thrown in with people who have played a lot since launch.

I think there are too many people in FFA. Half the time i spawn and start running im being chased by two people. I personally dont like it really. Maybe i would get the hang of it more if i figured out where all the spawn spots were.

I play this game totally different than i did gears 3. In judgment im more rushing around, trying to be as quick as possible. Gears 3 i would back my teammates, camp a power weapon maybe. Just feels like a different game.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I think there are too many people in FFA. Half the time i spawn and start running im being chased by two people. I personally dont like it really. Maybe i would get the hang of it more if i figured out where all the spawn spots were.

I play this game totally different than i did gears 3. In judgment im more rushing around, trying to be as quick as possible. Gears 3 i would back my teammates, camp a power weapon maybe. Just feels like a different game.[/QUOTE]

That's kinda the funny thing, I usually prefer running around gunning over being more tactical, so I would think I'd do better in this one then the old games, but unfortunately that's not the case. Hopefully I'll get better though since from what I've played there's been moments that are really fun but then there's also been the opposite.

This is getting ridiculous. :lol: I was out of town for four days and thought for sure I'd have my Alex Brand/Classic Hammerburst code by the time I got back. I guess Microsoft is going to take all 10 of those days.

So this is SP -- Go in one room fight 20 enemies. Go in another room fight another 20 enemies repeat until chapter is done.

How lame is this, get a rare prizebox, and inside is 400xp. LOL. Ive unlocked the mummy and Cel Shaded armor skin. Wish i would unlock the others.

I still havent gotten my Alex Brand skin.

[quote name='The 7th Number']How lame is this, get a rare prizebox, and inside is 400xp. LOL. Ive unlocked the mummy and Cel Shaded armor skin. Wish i would unlock the others.

I still havent gotten my Alex Brand skin.[/QUOTE]
I've gotten like 4 epic boxes and each time its 400 xp. the fuck.
The only skin I want is cell shaded or maybe the astro division but I don't wanna pay $4 for a skin

I was thinking of buying the zombie skin to use on Kim, but IDK. I kinda like the candy cane one too, also cascade is nice. Im kind of waiting for my alex brand skin to get emailed to me before i go buying any of them. Then i can see what she would look like with some on. But i mostly play overrun so at this point idk if i will buy any. Not much use unless i put them on Cole, Paduk, Sofia, or Baird.

Also in Overrun, you can eat Coles Booshka bullets as a Ticker, just like how you can eat nades from grenadiers. Then when you blow up, they blow up after. Its just hard to eat them because the coles usually spam them over and over and if you eat one you usually end up getting blown up by the other shots.

No I didn't. I just read over your posts like I always do why would I report something I don't read? Seems senseless and can we get back on GOW J talk? Thank you.

Finally finished campaign on hardcore, going to return it to Redbox and just wait for my free copy from Brisk to arrive..if ever lol

Anyone still waiting on your DLC codes from the Microsoft Store, they will give them to you over live chat on the website. You need your order # and last 4 digits of your credit card number.

[quote name='GUNNM']I saw someone who has predigested twice last night. Jesus[/QUOTE]

I know a few of my friends who boosted the three re-up achievements. It apparently takes 2 hours for each set of 50.

Apparently you can get quad xp if you buy the microtransaction for double xp then go into the VIP list and play domination and circle jerk the hill.

I'm for boosting and all but that is just fucking stupid.

Yeah I don't have a problem with boosting but I'm not gonna pay money for it.
Cool you're max level now and out of a real money now what

Seems dumb to boost like that so early. You're going to get XP from doing all the other achievements so why not save the level ones for last.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Anyone still waiting on your DLC codes from the Microsoft Store, they will give them to you over live chat on the website. You need your order # and last 4 digits of your credit card number.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. Just got my codes.

[quote name='GUNNM']Who uses the hammerburst?[/QUOTE]

Well there is a medal for it. But yeah i tried it and it sucks. Takes like 3 or 4 sprays to kill someone with it. Good luck with that. most other weapons will kill you faster.

Man im starting to think the only way to get a solid kill with the gnasher is to melee. When i dont melee it seems like they sponge sometimes. When i do melee i get kills easy. I just dont like doing it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Seems dumb to boost like that so early. You're going to get XP from doing all the other achievements so why not save the level ones for last.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. But you know how the TA ratio whores are. Though with the method being common knowledge now that ratio will fall like a rock and therefore defeating the purpose of doing it so early. And yeah those friends of mine haven't even touched campaign. I got to a 28 doing all 126 stars on hardcore with my buddy and that wasn't even trying too hard. :)

Haven't played aftermath but man that SP was a chore. Was not fun at all.
I was surprised at the lack of karn you saw in the game.

[quote name='GUNNM']Haven't played aftermath but man that SP was a chore. Was not fun at all.
[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I think another great boss squandered first RAAM then Skorge now Karn

I deleted my post because I wasn't sure but I looked it up and yes imulsion wrench's do appear in the first game. Remember when you need to ride the carts? I remember one yelling and then a pack rush you

[quote name='GUNNM']Haven't played aftermath but man that SP was a chore. Was not fun at all.
[/QUOTE]
What difficulty did you use? I played on hardcore and seemed as easy as Gears 3 hardcore IMO

[quote name='dennisb407']What difficulty did you use? I played on hardcore and seemed as easy as Gears 3 hardcore IMO[/QUOTE]
It wasn't hard just boring.
Karn is easily the worst GOW boss EVER.

[quote name='GUNNM']It wasn't hard just boring.
Karn is easily the worst GOW boss EVER.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The ending was definitely lackluster

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hardcore does seem pretty easy, only challenge is getting 3 stars at each omen checkpoint.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just went for the 100 for the achievement, you have to get all 3 in all for Insane Mode though

joined a FFA mid match (1st had either 5 or 8 kills) and ended up coming in 2nd. next few games I wasn't doing as well as I should have been getting around 12-15 kills each and the same guy won twice and 2nd in another. next game someone got a huge lead with 6 kills and then "lag" (switch?) set. I and 4-5 others die and this happens at least 2 more times. I somehow get to 18 kills but end up finishing 5th with 20.

That whole match two people wouldn't shut the fuck up so I finally found out how to quickly mute people. I also discovered that that interface shows what players are in parties. The two noisy fuckers were one and the 4 people at the top each game were a party as well! fuck that shit. also there was someone playing with a friend locally on a guest account (first time I saw one in Judgment).

EPIC needs to fix this bullshit in FFA. If people aren't boosting (haven't seen yet) or teaming up (saw on several occasions) they still benefit as they tell each other where other players are (a party of 5-6 were talking in public and calling out where people were though they did try to kill each other but the whole group were top 4 6+ games in a row).

Also comments here make me want to hold off on campaign even more as I suspected it would be shit :roll:

[quote name='Gamer SDP']Also comments here make me want to hold off on campaign even more as I suspected it would be shit :roll:[/QUOTE]
I liked the campaign when I played through it on Normal. I definitely am not enjoying it as much on Insane, though.

Karn is worse than Myrrah on Insane. I can't beat that section or the last chapter from the previous act. I just get overwhelmed and the AI of Kilo, while very helpful, ends up usually getting downed easily at those parts.

The last part with Karn always has me dying after his second dismount from the structures. Between Therons with Torque Bows, Ragers either sniping you or rage charging, and Maulers pounding around you, it's just chaotic. Throw in extra Drones, as well as Karn shooting, launching flames and trying to crush you, and it just isn't fun.

Worse yet, I was trying to get Karn to run over the enemy players. He does, but it doesn't kill them. Just sucks.

I'm doing this all solo, though, so if you play with a group you may have much better teamwork and strategies for for those parts, and the rest of the game.

So im wondering why i can use classic hammerburst in MP but i didnt use any pre order code to unlock it. Did it come with the VIP season pass? I got my code today for classic HB but not sure if i should use it or trade it.

Im starting to like the MP more and more. Sure its not classic gears, but its fun. I still dont like the maps though, and wish there were 2 spawns with power weapons in the middle. Its kind of odd to spawn right on top of power weapons. But im slowly learning, that to win TDM you have to usually camp a section and let them come to you.

Im not hating any weapons at the moment. But it is kind of lame how we spawn with frags, inks and such. To me its too Call of Duty for me. I even start playing it like COD, where ill see a guy and sometimes my first reaction is to throw a frag/ink.

But overall i LOVE LOVE LOVE the breechshot. That gun is so fun popping domes with.

I really wish i knew about that Locust Armor Skin. I want to buy it but other than leaks, thats the only way ive seen or heard about it. Right now i dont think im going to buy any armor skins. 4-5 dollars is just way too much. Plus ive been using my alex brand with cel shaded skin. Works for me.

I kind of want that Tiger Stripe skin... I suck so bad at competitive MP though, I want to know if they're going to bring Horde back before I spend money on skins.

Got my preorder codes this morning. The hammerburst code worked fine but the Alex Brand code was already used. Contacted customer service and jumped through a series of verification hoops before finally being told that my issue will be sent to a higher department. Now I gotta wait for 3-5 days for a reply.

My first order from the Microsoft store isn't a pleasant one.

[quote name='Kotomine']Got my preorder codes this morning. The hammerburst code worked fine but the Alex Brand code was already used. Contacted customer service and jumped through a series of verification hoops before finally being told that my issue will be sent to a higher department. Now I gotta wait for 3-5 days for a reply.

My first order from the Microsoft store isn't a pleasant one.[/QUOTE]

I had an issue when I tried to copy and paste..but when I typed it in it took the code just fine....

bread's done
Back