Gears Of War: Judgment - Lost Relics DLC out now VIP - 6/25 for Non VIP

[quote name='dutch72']So you ordered it today for instore pick up and still got the pre-order bonus ?[/QUOTE]

Oops sorry if I wasn't clear. I preordered Friday. After I picked up the game I got the codes emailed to me within 15 min.

[quote name='Donut2922']If you buy the all weapons pack and all armor skins pack separately your total should be 3,600 MS points.

400 points cheaper than the whole bundle. lol.[/QUOTE]

Weird...wonder if the bundle includes possible future skins.

The game has like 9 characters and i still have to join a game in progress with Baird. -_-

Its taking some time to getting used to. Played some TDM on Gondola and idk seems like you spend a lot of time just trying to find people. Im still trying to adjust to the busy levels, so much clutter all around, guess im used to the wide open gears 3 maps that seem small compared to these.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Weird...wonder if the bundle includes possible future skins.[/QUOTE]

Nvm I was going off the posters on the Epic forums. When I look it up myself you save 400 MS points buying it altogether. 1,600 for skins and 2,800 for armors = 4,400

I thought something was off.

My Best Buy messed up on my transaction, and they had to void it, but I ended up being emailed 2 hammerburst and 2 anya skins.

Anyone want to trade for Alex Brand...:lol: I know longshot!

EDIT: Oh, and I ended up getting the 3+1 Month GoWJ branded pass...no metal skins :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really digging this that much. I mean i really like the gameplay and the feel. But the maps are just too busy. I dont mind vertical type maps, but there is just too much going on. Too many corners, too many paths. Its like trying to play gears of war in a 3D mouse maze. Streets is a pretty nice map. But the rest are just all over the place. Half the time im just trying to find an enemy.

I was already getting killed in ridiculous ways. This one guy one shot me dead from like 20 feet away with a gnasher. More than once!

And i really am not feeling the red/blue type armor. It makes me not even want to wear any special armor because it just clashes and looks so generic.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Not really digging this that much. I mean i really like the gameplay and the feel. But the maps are just too busy. I dont mind vertical type maps, but there is just too much going on. Too many corners, too many paths. Its like trying to play gears of war in a 3D mouse maze. Streets is a pretty nice map. But the rest are just all over the place. Half the time im just trying to find an enemy.

I was already getting killed in ridiculous ways. This one guy one shot me dead from like 20 feet away with a gnasher. More than once!

And i really am not feeling the red/blue type armor. It makes me not even want to wear any special armor because it just clashes and looks so generic.[/QUOTE]

You are so wishy washy :lol:

I honestly never take your options seriously. No offense you are just all over the place.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I am not sure about Survivor mode. Horde was much more fun as you could rebuild defenses...[/QUOTE]

And survivor is hard as shit!

I like it though but damn!

Any more detailed opinions/experiences on Survivor? It is my understanding that Horde was taken out or "evolved" into Survivor. Is it just basically Overrun mode against AI (5v5), or are there more than 5 enemy types on the locust side at any given time in the map? I am a huge Horde fanatic, as it really is the only mode I ever played consistently in Gears 2 and 3. I know it's class based now, but can I use the Jungle Tai skin I have, or is that only restricted to Versus?

I have my sealed copy in hand, but I just want to see what the community thinks of the new mode when compared the last Horde mode. Thanks in advance.

So far really liking the multiplayer very fun though I do hate the fact that its Cog vs Cog, I hope they consider making it cogs locust again and 4 maps is really a paltry offering just hope the dlc is not too far off. Have yet to play Survivor or overrun(got enough of that mode in the demo)

Anyone's overrun xp, carry over? I was at 7.5 and i started today with a tad little bit over 1.

Edit: also the Brisk coffee that downloaded as Tai initially didn't unlock Tai.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']My Best Buy messed up on my transaction, and they had to void it, but I ended up being emailed 2 hammerburst and 2 anya skins.

Anyone want to trade for Alex Brand...:lol: I know longshot!

EDIT: Oh, and I ended up getting the 3+1 Month GoWJ branded pass...no metal skins :/[/QUOTE]Exact same here except they didn't have the GoWJ branded 3+1 pass so I got the plain anyway considering the ten bucks off and 400 points. Did they have to manually take off the ten bucks for you? Also, did you get your 400 points for buying both? I saw the two codes on the receipt and thought it was all good, but got home and realized I had forgotten about the hammerburst which is what the second code was.

Also, anyone else preorder the season pass from GS and not be able to redeem the 400 points code? They told me to hurry and enter the code because earlier in the day the 400 point codes weren't working, but by the time I got home and entered it the problem was back.

Also, no posters at my best buy. All in all a crappy launch day for me.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Any more detailed opinions/experiences on Survivor? It is my understanding that Horde was taken out or "evolved" into Survivor. Is it just basically Overrun mode against AI (5v5), or are there more than 5 enemy types on the locust side at any given time in the map? I am a huge Horde fanatic, as it really is the only mode I ever played consistently in Gears 2 and 3. I know it's class based now, but can I use the Jungle Tai skin I have, or is that only restricted to Versus?

I have my sealed copy in hand, but I just want to see what the community thinks of the new mode when compared the last Horde mode. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

It's fun but its not horde

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone's overrun xp, carry over? I was at 7.5 and i started today with a tad little bit over 1.

Edit: also the Brisk coffee that downloaded as Tai initially didn't unlock Tai.[/QUOTE]

I played the demo this morning while waiting for my package, got to level 9, and it carried into the retail game.

Yeah my jungle tai save didnt work. And there was like 300 codes on epic forums i didnt think about because i believed i already had it. :bomb:

single player of this game is a major disappointment. The single campaign feels like hored mode during alot of the segments and there is not enough story to hold the game together. The mp is great like you suspect from gears but mp with only 4 maps is not worth 60 dollers. I;m thinking of selling this and just keep playing gow3. Two weeks in a row i get disappointment by the two bigger games i was looking forward to and both were prequels. At least we got bioshock next week should take the sour taste out of my mouth.

had a lot of trouble getting into matches but it wasn't as bad when gears3 first came out and definitely not as bad as gears2.

after a minute of saw of searching for matches and getting "No suitable matches" etc, I would either join a room with 1 or 2 people or a brand new room. the "Special Events" playlist was also broken as it became a FFA or regular domination.

several hours after my first session, I started the game up and was able to have several "real" matches.

Moving seems very clunky. I hate how grenades are utilized and have no idea how I keep getting "tagged". I saw a level 32 trying to plant a frag on cover to no avail. Not sure if ink actually stuns but it does get kills easily. Incendiaries are terrible due to the grenade mechanics.

The sawedoff is garbage and I can understand why there's 2 shots. No idea why longshot has 2 zoom levels - doesn't matter as the markza and the other long range rifle are much better. The digger seems different and not as good. The shotgun is only usually at close range and semi mid but still a bit op imo as I got blasted when rifling rushers.

I have no idea why the mp is trying to be a Gears inspired cod. The game modes, level designs, and questionable change to game play mechanics make this obvious. Haven't tried campaign yet but seems like I'll be disappointed if it's a Gear's themed COD campaign.

Picked up Gears Judgment game and poster, yesterday.
But, didn't have time and couldn't find the Gears points cards so I thought I could order online. Nope, bestbuydotcom is having troubles and Amazon wants me to enter a credit card for one click ordering, even though I have credit on my amazon account.:cry:

I thought I could get a round of gaming in last nite, but I guess I'll hold off till this weekend, when I can get enough points to get the VIP pass.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']single player of this game is a major disappointment. The single campaign feels like hored mode during alot of the segments and there is not enough story to hold the game together. The mp is great like you suspect from gears but mp with only 4 maps is not worth 60 dollers. I;m thinking of selling this and just keep playing gow3. Two weeks in a row i get disappointment by the two bigger games i was looking forward to and both were prequels. At least we got bioshock next week should take the sour taste out of my mouth.[/QUOTE]

4 maps only? Really? That's pretty sad. I've got every other Gears game on release except for this one. I wanted it, but didn't have the money I could have got it for 40 from Newegg. Of course I have the money for it now when there isn't any deals floating around.

I looked up the mp stuff on Youtube. I only saw 4 game modes. I always played King Of The Hill in Gears 3. I'm kind of sad it doesn't have that.

Far as mp goes. All it has is

Overrun
Free For All
Domination
Team Deathmatch

I know Domination is kind of like King Of The Hill except its 3 circles instead of 1.

My biggest question is... How is the online to this one?

I use to play Gears Of War 3 and it use to play great, but when I played it recently some matches played pretty well with minor lag here and there. Then there was a few that was rather wonky.

4 Maps + selling a Season Pass is the biggest rip off I have ever seen. The only good thing is I expect this to reach $20 really fast.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']Haven't tried campaign yet but seems like I'll be disappointed if it's a Gear's themed COD campaign.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what this means. Gears of War has never been Shakespeare.

After playing a couple of hours of multiplayer last night, I feel exactly the same way as Gerstmann in saying that this "game is aiiiiight."

[quote name='jdawgg76']Exact same here except they didn't have the GoWJ branded 3+1 pass so I got the plain anyway considering the ten bucks off and 400 points. Did they have to manually take off the ten bucks for you? Also, did you get your 400 points for buying both? I saw the two codes on the receipt and thought it was all good, but got home and realized I had forgotten about the hammerburst which is what the second code was.

Also, anyone else preorder the season pass from GS and not be able to redeem the 400 points code? They told me to hurry and enter the code because earlier in the day the 400 point codes weren't working, but by the time I got home and entered it the problem was back.

Also, no posters at my best buy. All in all a crappy launch day for me.[/QUOTE]

They had to get a MOD override to adjust pricing based on the promo, but in the end I did get the poster, x2 400pts codes, $10 off, and my preorder codes.

Game is great with a full team of friends. It's a mixture of Gears + Halo, different but enjoyable.

Gnasher fans should love FFA, everyone there uses gnashers.

It's like I told you guys a month ago. This game is not worth the price tag, and the sp campaign is a joke. If this game was 39.99 I'd buy it, but it is so not worth it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']They had to get a MOD override to adjust pricing based on the promo, but in the end I did get the poster, x2 400pts codes, $10 off, and my preorder codes.

Game is great with a full team of friends. It's a mixture of Gears + Halo, different but enjoyable.

Gnasher fans should love FFA, everyone there uses gnashers.[/QUOTE]
Did the 400 points for buying the game and 3+1 months live card print as a code on your receipt?

If anyone else had trouble with the 400 points code for preordering the season pass from Gamestop, try again mine finally worked a few minutes ago.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Did the 400 points for buying the game and 3+1 months live card print as a code on your receipt?

If anyone else had trouble with the 400 points code for preordering the season pass from Gamestop, try again mine finally worked a few minutes ago.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they both did, and they were emailed as well.

[quote name='GUNNM']Using Y to switch weapons was a pretty ingenious idea.[/QUOTE]

On the other hand, I end up throwing my grenades on accident when I want to use my Tac Com.

[quote name='menikmati']On the other hand, I end up throwing my grenades on accident when I want to use my Tac Com.[/QUOTE]
Took me a couple of times to get used to it. Especially putting away grenades you used to be able to swing them and then stop and they'll be put away now you need to press Y

[quote name='dennisb407']lol at used copies already showing up on the Gamestop site. Yesterday already had 2 within my zip code radius[/QUOTE]
It really is dumb that people don't rent games they aren't sure about. Dummies just lost $30

[quote name='GUNNM']It really is dumb that people don't rent games they aren't sure about. Dummies just lost $30[/QUOTE]
True, plus they can get a descent deal buying used with the birthday coupon code

[quote name='dennisb407']True, plus they can get a descent deal buying used with the birthday coupon code[/QUOTE]
I see it all the time on this site people excited about getting $30 back from gamestop when the game is barely a month old

[quote name='GUNNM']Using Y to switch weapons was a pretty ingenious idea.[/QUOTE]

I cannot disagree more. I don't understand after three games into the series why they're changing the controls now. Not only is it weird coming from all previous Gears games, but it's not as easy to change weapons while you're roadie running anymore either.

[quote name='Trakan']I cannot disagree more. I don't understand after three games into the series why they're changing the controls now. Not only is it weird coming from all previous Gears games, but it's not as easy to change weapons while you're roadie running anymore either.[/QUOTE]
While I think it's weird that they did it, too, I really had no problem getting used to it by my second match into the Demo.

And I've never had an issue switching while running. I just use my index finger on Y while using my thumb on the A button.

I think if you play it for a week you might get used to it, as it is more conventional than the somewhat unreliable Xbox 360 D-Pad. It just feels wrong after having played 3 games where it's always been the same buttons to switch weapons. I am surprised that they changed the execution button for the third time in the series, and that caught me really off guard.

---

I actually enjoyed the Campaign and played through it all last night. The end battle was challenging on Normal, so I wonder how it'll be on Insane. And some of the effects of the Declassified Missions are really well done, especially fog and dust visibility limitations.

Playing Aftermath reminded me exactly why I didn't enjoy Gears of War 3's campaign though. And I agreed with Adam Sessler's view about it. It doesn't really add much, and actually left me with more questions. When you play it, you'll probably wonder a few of them as well.

[quote name='Trakan']I cannot disagree more. I don't understand after three games into the series why they're changing the controls now. Not only is it weird coming from all previous Gears games, but it's not as easy to change weapons while you're roadie running anymore either.[/QUOTE]

I died yesterday because I ran out of ammo and couldn't figure out how the hell to change to my pistol. I ended up rushing the guy and trying to melee him to death...

[quote name='menikmati']On the other hand, I end up throwing my grenades on accident when I want to use my Tac Com.[/QUOTE]

Got into a few matches today, and damned if the first thing I did on the first match ever was throw my only stim-grenade. And, that went on a few more times.

Man, I still suck at matches...5 kills-10 Deaths, 4-6, 6-9...1st 2 ribbons, revenge kill and most headshot deaths. :(

What is the button for Tac-Com now? I too kept throwing 'surprise' grenades.

[quote name='GUNNM']Down on the d-pad didn't anyone play the campaign?[/QUOTE]

Not yet :lol:

I tried lb and b to stick my grenade but it didn't work like you said in overrun. :whistle2:(

Hold lb and hit b ;)
If you just hit lb its gonna throw the nade then again I'm not sure if grenade tagging is allowed in overrun

[quote name='GUNNM']Hold lb and hit b ;)
If you just hit lb its gonna throw the nade then again I'm not sure if grenade tagging is allowed in overrun[/QUOTE]

Ahh it must not work! :whistle2:(

They wanted a more fast paced game obviously. I guess they got tired of gnasher of war and wanted a quicker way to switch weapons on the fly or to make it easier to throw nades without having to sacrifice using a weapon.

So is this game worth the price?? I have a pre order from best buy that i can pick up but not sure yet if i should pass or wait?? I love all the previous three games and was a little unsure about this game.

[quote name='dennisb407']lol at used copies already showing up on the Gamestop site. Yesterday already had 2 within my zip code radius[/QUOTE]

Those could also be copies stolen from BB or anywhere the case is open and sold for cash also.

Only reason I got Gears is I got $40 for trading in Tomb Raider at GS (and got to keep my Target Steelbook for a long way down the road rebuy) and with another game traded in only paid $9 of leftover credit on my card and I have a month to get at least $30 back that would go towards either Bioshock, Fuse, or Metro: Last Light.

No one plays TR MP after like 9 p.m. central in my experience (I can find games of Yugioh, Magic, or Uno on XBLA easier late at night) and with no SP DLC coming the thing they put in MP to prevent is what caused me to trade the game in.

bread's done
Back