Gears Of War: Judgment - Lost Relics DLC out now VIP - 6/25 for Non VIP

I guess they want to include gears 1 to show how much they destroyed the game, how far it has come to a COD clone. lol. jk.

But that horde replacement mode ebbtide talked about reminded me of COD Zombies.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Where do the weekly preorder numbers come from? Not doubting, just curious.[/QUOTE]

I usually go here:

USA Preorders

No idea where the chart from...someone posted it in the Gears forums. I'll definitely be interested to see how well this one sells compared to the other 3.

New trailer teasing parts of campaign, and you can see some of it shows Gears of War 3 sequences with Cole, Baird and Clay Carmine. Maybe the content about Gears of War 3 missions is included with the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M1FmOTP-YiA

Also, as has been known here, Gears of War does come with the game, Not sure why. The fast weapon swaps, shields, mantle kicks, sawed-off and retro weapons, one button grenade tosses, multiple lives per round playlists, updated graphics and bots would probably deter players from ever going back to the first game. All of that, and quitters, glitchers and unbalanced or stacked teams would prevent people from playing (ranked) matches, too, so it seems a little off. It's a shame, but I don't quite get their strategy with it. At least I won't have to destroy my old disc any further, though. The old Xbox 360 models scratched and scarred that thing.

Oddly, from what I've read, People Can Fly are specifically doing the Campaign, while Epic is doing the multiplayer, which is what's weird. If you notice in the trailer, in the Campaign there doesn't seem to be constant cross hairs unless aiming, and there are executions to do. And it seems to be focused on the darker, creepier aspect from the original game. Meanwhile, the multiplayer looks very different from the previous entries. It's like Epic is the one going away from the standard, and People Can Fly is trying to add or improve it. Just seems odd that the parent company would be the one completely altering it's own game, while the sub-studio is trying to keep consistent with it.

Yeah this will be the first Gears I wait for bargain bin unfortunately. $20 is the max I will pay. Heck I might just rent it for the SP and be done.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']New trailer teasing parts of campaign, and you can see some of it shows Gears of War 3 sequences with Cole, Baird and Clay Carmine. Maybe the content about Gears of War 3 missions is included with the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M1FmOTP-YiA

Also, as has been known here, Gears of War does come with the game, Not sure why. The fast weapon swaps, shields, mantle kicks, sawed-off and retro weapons, one button grenade tosses, multiple lives per round playlists, updated graphics and bots would probably deter players from ever going back to the first game. All of that, and quitters, glitchers and unbalanced or stacked teams would prevent people from playing (ranked) matches, too, so it seems a little off. It's a shame, but I don't quite get their strategy with it. At least I won't have to destroy my old disc any further, though. The old Xbox 360 models scratched and scarred that thing.

[/QUOTE]

They must be giving gears 1 away as a bonus to generate more sales. I dont really think they expect people to jump on gears 1 MP. I think people may be more likely to play its campaign though. I need achievements in Gears 1 MP and i wont even play it. Way too laggy, hard to find matches. Its not worth it. So i think they are basically trying to give the campaign away and get more sales.

What parts show gears 3 cole, baird, and carmine? It doesnt make any sense to pack in campaign chapters from gears 3 in this game. This game and Gears 3 has no relation story wise.

[quote name='The 7th Number']What parts show gears 3 cole, baird, and carmine? It doesnt make any sense to pack in campaign chapters from gears 3 in this game. This game and Gears 3 has no relation story wise.[/QUOTE]
Around 1:10 into the video, it shows Cole, Baird, Clay in their Gears of War 3 armor, meeting up with Garron. He survives the events of Judgment, and is who those 3 go looking for during 3 while Marcus, Dom, Anya, Sam, Dizzy and Jace go looking for fuel. Garron was part of the UIR before they lost and joined into the COG to fight the Locust. After the COG disband, he apparently rejoins people from the UIR, and they are like everyone else, holding out in the fight against the Lambent. Cole and Baird find him to get help, which is why near the end of Gears of War 3, Cole and Baird show up with reinforcements when the Maelstrom is shutdown.

This is probably going to be a DLC chapter, sort of like Road to Ruin was for 2, or Raam's Shadow was for 3, where is shows an addition sequence. This has also made people wonder if Sofia Hendrik will be the one to die in Judgment, then, since Garron at least survives to the events of Gears of War 3.

The trailer makes me think the game could be fun, even though I don't like the multiplayer changes.

So they've changed the Sawed-Off Shotgun to almost exactly what I wanted it to be. It's similar to the Gnasher now. They've reduced the Gnasher range, and it's supposed to fire a bit slower. Apparently, you really won't notice the slower fire rate, but it's there.

So with the Sawed-Off, it has the same range as the Gnasher, and fires faster, but fires each barrel individually. I actually expected this when I first played the Gears of War 3 Beta almost 2 years ago, as it just seemed like a ranged shotgun, or hunting gun.

The concept is that if a Gnasher and Sawed-Off user are fighting, the Sawed-Off has speed, but if the user misses their two shots, they have to reload, and it still has a longer reload than a Gnasher. While the Gnasher is a slower firing weapon, it still has more shots. This could be a neat contrast, but expect to see the charging Sawed-Off shooters quickly rolling and roadie running away (hit or miss), just like in 3.

And the Longshot (Sniper) now penetrates, and is silenced, like in Gears of War 2. It's moved back to the Gears of War setup, but since there are no active reload bonuses, the Longshot can practically kill, even if not from a head shot. Essentially, a body shot, followed by a few pistol rounds should kill an enemy (remember, there are no more downs).

And more new news is that the Scorcher can wrap its fire blast around a Boomshield. Would be good if there is a Horde mode to use this in...so I hope it's still there. But this somewhat makes a Boomshield impractical for competitive battles, as it sounds like the Longshot can also penetrate it.

In all honesty I have never been a huge Gears fan. Played through all three and have about 3060/5000 achievement points. This new game looks amazing from a visual standpoint but I am just not sold. I will be waiting for certain. I am not sure exactly what I don't like but the overall feel of this game just seems off for a Gears game. It does make you wonder if this is the game that cause the departures at EPIC. It seems like it could definitely have caused a rift among the higher ups.

Multiplayer demo coming in March

Gears of War: Judgment is getting a demo in March, courtesy of Epic Games and Microsoft. It’s a multiplayer demo focused on the game’s OverRun mode, and if you pre-order from GameStop you can get it early.

Microsoft’s Major Nelson posted the news on his blog, and explained that anyone pre-ordering Gears of War: Judgment through GameStop’s ‘PowerUp Rewards’ will get the demo on March 15th via Xbox Live Gold. Everyone else must wait until March 19th to play.

Specially, early access will run between March 15 at 11:59 pm PT and Monday, March 18 at 11:59pm PT. No European early access has been revealed yet.

All XP earned during early access and the demo will carry over into the full game when it launches.

Nelson says of OverRun mode, “OverRun is a thrilling new class-based competitive mode that pits Locust and COG soldiers in a head-to-head battle unlike anything “Gears” fans have experienced yet. An objective-oriented mode that lets five-player teams alternate between playing as Locusts and COG soldiers, OverRun marks the first time that a class-based, competitive multiplayer experience has been introduced in the “Gears of War” series.”

I think i can wait 4 days to play overrun mode. Im honestly not even interested in that mode. I would rather have Gears 2 horde style back. Plus i intend to buy the game from where ever is giving away the Alex Brand skin.

PS. I just noticed MS store is giving 1600 pts, Alex Brand skin, and the Hammerburst gun if you pre order from them. Looks like thats what im doing. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The 7th Number']I think i can wait 4 days to play overrun mode. Im honestly not even interested in that mode. I would rather have Gears 2 horde style back. Plus i intend to buy the game from where ever is giving away the Alex Brand skin.

PS. I just noticed MS store is giving 1600 pts, Alex Brand skin, and the Hammerburst gun if you pre order from them. Looks like thats what im doing. :)[/QUOTE]
That still isn't a good enough deal. Anyone know any promo codes for the MS store?

"DelHoyo said fans didn’t love playing as the locusts, so they took them out of the competitive game, and replaced them with red and blue COG teams."

Are you kidding me? This sounds like total shit. Cog vs Cog, and no locust? This really is the end of gears. I really have no idea what the fuck they are doing anymore. No wonder Cliff, Rod, and every one else left. They dont want this on their record.

OH they added a COD mode called Domination where you have to capture 3 rings. -_-

These are all the competitive MP game modes shipping with Judgment:

- Free For All
- Team Deathmatch
- Domination
- Overrun

If this is true... :bomb:

[quote name='The 7th Number']Are you kidding me? This sounds like total shit. Cog vs Cog, and no locust? This really is the end of gears. I really have no idea what the fuck they are doing anymore. No wonder Cliff, Rod, and every one else left. They dont want this on their record.

OH they added a COD mode called Domination where you have to capture 3 rings. -_-

If this is true... :bomb:[/QUOTE]
The odd thing being that people on the forums have wisely pointed out that it could really make combat confusing. In team games you could tell when an enemy threw a grenade because they'd make a noise, while your teammates would also talk in game as well. With everyone being human it could be difficult to tell when talking is friendly or enemy.

And the whole thing Quinn DelHoyo is talking about is players were complaining about the hitbox sizes, and how Locust were usually at a disadvantage, since there is only one female Locust. But, even with that detail noted, it's not like games in 3 lacked Locust players. People didn't just quit out because they hated playing as the Locust any or every game.

But rather than address the hitbox issue, they just decided to make everyone human, assuming that eliminated the problem. But it still does not correct the hitbox issue. That, unfortunately, should still be in Judgment.

It's been pointed out on a few sites, but because GameStop gets the early demo bonus (how lame is that, a store specific demo...and I thought DLC skins were lame), you could just put $5 towards Judgment if you're not sure about your purchase to get the demo code e-mail. If you play Overrun and just don't enjoy it, at least you can cancel your order(s), and maybe even move that $5 to another pre-order.

I will still buy the game, because i love gears, and i want to play the campaign, but it really saddens me what they have done to the MP modes. No DBNO, No Locust, No Horde, No Executions, No Guardian, Execution, Warzone, No Active Reloads. I even read they changed TDM to count up instead of down. Its like they are trying to make this Halo of Duty 3rd person MP.

Its really funny too because they talked about how going back to the pendulum wars would be boring because it would be human vs human and the locust would not exist. Then they go and take the locust out of MP. I really dont know what they are thinking over at epic. Bunch of fans cry that they want them to go back to Gears 1 and 2 and they just move further away from what made this game great.

So, no DBNO (and thus no curbstomps or executions), no active reloads, and multiplayer is human vs human? Well, that's not how *I* would have designed it, that's for sure!

Domination, as a KOTH/Annex variant, sounds kinda cool, though.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Wait... no KOTH either? Yea, screw that. Not gonna bother picking this up at launch just for the campaign.[/QUOTE]

From what i understand, Domination is like KOTH but with 3 rings.

So Quinn DelHoyo, the guy 7th Number quoted a few posts ago, just announced he's leaving Epic, and moving over to 343i. This is the guy who altered the controls for Judgment. He's also the guy who worked on weapon balance, multiplayer maps, and took feedback on Twitter for the game, and would even play with people if you asked him.

He's another (somewhat) big name from Epic to leave, and this is literally just before the game comes out. What is going on...

As for the Achievements, these seem like they should be attainable, and not system destroyers like Seriously 3.0 and even 2.0 were. Hopefully people on this site will be willing to team up in the campaign. I'm also hopeful that Epic lets us know what Survival mode is, aside from the obvious. Anarchy Mode in Bulletstorm was fine for me, but I wonder if it'll have similar 'goals' each wave to progress forward.

Im really starting to think Gears as we know it is dead. All the main people are leaving or have already left. They arent even trying to go back to what made gears so awesome. Instead they are turning it into a casual COD/Halo type 3rd person shooter to make a profit. Further and further away from its roots it goes, but they can offer a classic hammerburst to try and keep those devoted fans. They dont even have one damn Gears MP mode left. Its all COD style TDM, Domination, or Halo Free for All type bullshit. Only thing left is Overrun. I dont even want to think about a Gears of War 4 on the Nextbox. Its really sad what they have done to this series.

PS if anyone has an extra jungle tai code from the brisk/lipton sweepstakes please give me one, i dont have a cell phone and i cant even find a drink to buy in the store with a code.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Im really starting to think Gears as we know it is dead. All the main people are leaving or have already left. They arent even trying to go back to what made gears so awesome. Instead they are turning it into a casual COD/Halo type 3rd person shooter to make a profit. Further and further away from its roots it goes, but they can offer a classic hammerburst to try and keep those devoted fans. They dont even have one damn Gears MP mode left. Its all COD style TDM, Domination, or Halo Free for All type bullshit. Only thing left is Overrun. I dont even want to think about a Gears of War 4 on the Nextbox. Its really sad what they have done to this series.

PS if anyone has an extra jungle tai code from the brisk/lipton sweepstakes please give me one, i dont have a cell phone and i cant even find a drink to buy in the store with a code.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i'm very concerned about this potentially ruining the Gears series for fans before the next gen iteration comes out.

Is TDM not going to have DBNO and active reloads?

[quote name='Donut2922']Yeah i'm very concerned about this potentially ruining the Gears series for fans before the next gen iteration comes out.

Is TDM not going to have DBNO and active reloads?[/QUOTE]

Nope, none of that. From what i read its not even going to have survival like 1 left vs a team of 5. Its just going to count up and everyone respawns until a certain score is hit. No more clutch moments for anyone.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Nope, none of that. From what i read its not even going to have survival like 1 left vs a team of 5. Its just going to count up and everyone respawns until a certain score is hit. No more clutch moments for anyone.[/QUOTE]

If thats true then this game is going to turn bad.

I'll have to hold off on trading in my Gears 3 copy then.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I will still buy the game, because i love gears, and i want to play the campaign, but it really saddens me what they have done to the MP modes. No DBNO, No Locust, No Horde, No Executions, No Guardian, Execution, Warzone, No Active Reloads. I even read they changed TDM to count up instead of down. Its like they are trying to make this Halo of Duty 3rd person MP.

Its really funny too because they talked about how going back to the pendulum wars would be boring because it would be human vs human and the locust would not exist. Then they go and take the locust out of MP. I really dont know what they are thinking over at epic. Bunch of fans cry that they want them to go back to Gears 1 and 2 and they just move further away from what made this game great.[/QUOTE]

sounded like a lot of internal 'creative differences.' sad, cause everyone loses.

Gears of War franchise, nerf'ed. RIP 2006 - 2013.

AOL says 'good-bye.'

yeah, I'll still buy it on clearance ($15~$20 range), just to play campaign for the canon storyline.

When this was announced my initial impression was it's something that was only coming out so they had a big name exclusive release for 2013 that wouldn't take away from the next console hype (hence the Spring release instead of holiday release). Had a bad feeling that it was going to seem pretty weak compared to the main Gears titles.

Kind of hate that it looks like I may be right. Hope the campaign is incredible, since it looks like they kind of fucked the MP. Not holding my breath.

I don't think the game is going to be terrible. I'll still pick it up for the campaign in the $20-$25 range. I expect it to be decent, just not Gears of war 3 quality.

[quote name='bhk']I don't think the game is going to be terrible. I'll still pick it up for the campaign in the $20-$25 range. I expect it to be decent, just not Gears of war 3 quality.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'll probably wait until I can get it cheap. It's crazy because I like Gears a lot. I have all three games but I barely have any interest in Judgement at all. Also, if I recall, there isn't going to be any horde mode? I like Gears for the SP and Horde Mode...so if that's the case then i'll for sure wait until it's cheap. I very rarely play any of the other modes.

[quote name='shotgunshine']Same here. I have all three games but I barely have any interest in Judgement at all. [/QUOTE]

Well, franchise burnout does happen. This is the 4th game in 6.5 years I think. We're at the end of a console life cycle, etc. I think other franchises are getting there as well (Halo, Assassins Creed, Call of Duty) where they're releasing too many games too close together and it just ends up hurting things (see: Guitar Hero)

It really is surprising that they were never able to make a game as good as the first one. Epic has been on the decline ever since the first Gears came out. They killed UT and now it looks like Gears is going to die as well.

Also, there is no way I am getting burned by an Epic game again. They aren't getting me to pay full retail for one of their games until they prove they are going to put out quality shit. The ratio of good vs. shit I have paid full price from them is sitting at 33% (Gears and UT2K4 v. GoW 2 and 3, UT3, and Unreal Championship).

[quote name='shotgunshine']Also, if I recall, there isn't going to be any horde mode?[/QUOTE]
There's Survival Mode, which may or may not be like Horde. They're just not telling the fans what it is. It's just over a month away, has apparently gone gold, and they still have not officially announced that Horde is gone.

And there's no word yet if those pre-order skins will work in modes other than versus. It'd be lame if they don't carry over to Survival, and just allow you just pick your class regardless of character.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']It really is surprising that they were never able to make a game as good as the first one. Epic has been on the decline ever since the first Gears came out.

Also, there is no way I am getting burned by an Epic game again. They aren't getting me to pay full retail for one of their games until they prove they are going to put out quality shit.[/QUOTE]

People on their site are asking if there will be a Season Pass again, as if they'd like to pay for more content. After what happened with the last Season Pass, I'm surprised people are in such a rush to hand over more money.

okay, I'm waiting nervously on the horde announcement. If they get rid of regular horde, I'll be pissed. Gears defined the genre and to abandon the excellence that was horde in Gears 3 would be crazy.

I love the idea of Overrun. But as another option. Not as a replacement!

[quote name='The Ebbtide']People on their site are asking if there will be a Season Pass again, as if they'd like to pay for more content. After what happened with the last Season Pass, I'm surprised people are in such a rush to hand over more money.[/QUOTE]
what happened with the last season pass?

[quote name='AlphaQSilly']what happened with the last season pass?[/QUOTE]

Gears of War 3's season pass contained about the same amount of content as Gears of War 2's All Fronts Collection.

Season pass was $30, if I remembered correctly. And All Fronts was $20?

That was just it, there was 'nothing' revolutionary or special about the season pass, maybe except it cost more $$. Consumers are smart, ya'know!

Burnt customers remember their scars better, too.

I thought the season pass was fine. I didnt like the horde update, or a shitty remakes of maps like escalation and bulletmarsh. But most of the new maps were pretty good. The RAAM Campaign was cool too.

Also i thought Gears 2 was the best in the series. Campaign was fun, so much that i replayed it the minute i beat it, which doesnt happen that often with me. Also i loved Gears 2 MP. To me its the best in the series. Well its the MP i had the most fun with in the series. Ill take Gears 2 MP and Horde over Gears 3.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Epic dumping MD studio[/QUOTE]
Weird, from the way Epic talked so much about Infinity Blade it seemed like it was a successful franchise.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']Gears of War 3's season pass contained about the same amount of content as Gears of War 2's All Fronts Collection.

Season pass was $30, if I remembered correctly. And All Fronts was $20?

That was just it, there was 'nothing' revolutionary or special about the season pass, maybe except it cost more $$. Consumers are smart, ya'know!

Burnt customers remember their scars better, too.[/QUOTE]
It's not just that, but other issues with it. The Horde Command Pack was definitely supposed to come with new copies of the game, like the Flashback Maps did with Gears of War 2. Clearly they realized that 3 DLCs in a Season Pass was much harder to sell than 4 DLCs, so they pulled it. Also, Horde Command Pack is already on the disc, but they justified it by claiming it was so that the weapon and character skins were able to be seen by all players, even though the character skins were mostly already in the Campaign, and so they should have been available to everyone to begin with.

Also, the Horde Command Pack withheld some content from Horde, so it was incomplete, and reset peoples Silverback progress when it was released.

Lamest of all with that pack, was that it came with extra maps. After a few weeks, these maps were added into the rotation online, since they were already on disc, meaning that people who didn't buy the DLC could play them still in matchmaking, further insulting those who bought it.

I have no complaints about Raam's Shadow, except for that it was a better Campaign than Gears of War 3, which is sad for an expansion to be better and fit more with the theme of a game series than an actual title for it.

Fenix Rising was sort of bland, and I'm surprised they brought back Escalation, as it was an uneven map.

Forces of Nature was okay, but the big deal with it was that it included a slightly altered Guardian. That was literally the hype of that map pack, which was stupid to begin with. They removed one of the most popular playlists from Gears of War 2 (like Horde in Gears of War Judgment), with no real justification. Their excuse was that "people will love Capture the Leader," which they didn't, and the drop in that playlist was steep from release.

People on their forums demanded Guardian back, and Epic claimed it was literally impossible to bring back. The number of people playing multiplayer was greatly declining, since they worked to butcher their game, and added a bandaid with a quick mod to capture the leader, making it play slightly like Guardian.

(Expect to see this with Judgment if the multiplayer number steeply decline from release.)

The bigger fiasco was the 1 day sale on the Season Pass around Christmas. The last two DLC packs hadn't even released yet, and Raam's Shadow had just come out. The Season Pass was advertised as the best discount on all of the DLC content yet to release, yet that was not true. A Season Pass is a preorder on content, and to have a sale on it when it's not even completely released yet is an insult to your fans. Everyone who had purchased it prior to that day should have at least received the last two packs on sale, since they paid for the initial 2 packs.

Other issues were that game boldly stated dedicated servers on the back of the game case, with no asterisk behind it mentioning the need for all content. But if you wanted the chance to play on potentially smooth playlists (there was no guarantee of a dedicated server when you joined a match), you needed all the DLC by at least the 3rd DLC release.

And, after the release of the last DLC, they pretty much abandoned support of the game. Aside from putting everyone at 29/30 events played for War Supporter because of their own laziness, it's been lackluster with any real interest from Epic.

They have increased the XP recently, though, to encourage returns to the game to hype Judgment.

(Another issue with the game was the useless Event Calendar that only told you to "Buy More SHIT!" It never actually told you about actual events, which would have helped the community with War Supporter.)

It just had a lot of potential, but was fairly disappointing. If they hadn't have hyped it so much, it wouldn't have been so bad. But it just wasn't as grand as they made it seem. If they hadn't have had the Season Pass, I wouldn't have minded them having as sale on content after it was released. It's the idea that only a few months after the Season Pass comes out that they have a sale on it, that it becomes a true insult to the people who actually play your game.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I didnt like the horde update[/QUOTE]
I really wish they had a Classic Mode, that also had Join-in-Progress. I'd rather have less characters, and weapon skins (that actually meant something, rather than were just additional purchases), to allow for me to Join-in-Progress with my character skin. And the 'Tower Defense' of Horde just didn't work. Either somebody would buy a Silverback, hogging kills (intentionally or unintentionally), causing people to quit due to little to no kills, no money made, and little progress in rank or defense levels, or people would hold their money, barely using it, so that you'd be overrun with no defenses. And teh Silverback guy would beg you for money to repair their Silverback at higher levels.

Horde in Gears of War 2 just felt 'better.' Hold a spot, defend it with shields and firepower, and survive. This whole, spend money, invest in bases, rebuy when you die felt...odd. I did like the boss waves, though. Just a neat way to make Wave 10 more intense.

If anyone did play the weekend(s) they had Classic Horde, the new setup didn't work with Classic Horde mode. Shields disappeared literally at the end of a wave because there was no longer the pause between waves. Enemies climbed over cover and knocked down shields, so it was much harder to hold them back. They would have needed to have two completely different setups for a Classic Horde to work.

I just feel like the more the edit and alter, the more I don't like it. Adding new modes, like Beast Mode, is fine, but keep things the way they were.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Also i thought Gears 2 was the best in the series. Campaign was fun, so much that i replayed it the minute i beat it, which doesnt happen that often with me. Also i loved Gears 2 MP. To me its the best in the series. Well its the MP i had the most fun with in the series. Ill take Gears 2 MP and Horde over Gears 3.[/QUOTE]

Loved Gears 2. but no way would I take it over Gears 3. 3 is just so polished. And horde is just so perfect on so many levels with a lot more complexity and options. 2's horde feels limiting in comparison.

[quote name='dirtyvu']Loved Gears 2. but no way would I take it over Gears 3. 3 is just so polished. And horde is just so perfect on so many levels with a lot more complexity and options. 2's horde feels limiting in comparison.[/QUOTE]

I agree gears 3 is more polished, and even just the movements are so smooth compared to gears 2. But they changed so much from Gears 2 to Gears 3. I prefer the weapons, damage, and how they work more in Gears 2 than 3. I think i like Gears 2 horde better because there is no upgrading after each wave. I think it makes you feel more vulnerable with no fortifications, but does lack bosses.

Horde just got stale in both games whether it had upgrades or no upgrades. How can you like the guns in 2? How could you even use them that game was almost unplayable online. 3>2 all day. lol smoke grenades that launched you

[quote name='The 7th Number']I think i like Gears 2 horde better because there is no upgrading after each wave. I think it makes you feel more vulnerable with no fortifications, but does lack bosses.[/QUOTE]

I love Gears 2 horde as well (though not as much as 3's horde). more vulnerable? the big problem I had with Gears 2 was the shields were practically invincible. plant them and you're basically safe. every map had a certain design where if you plant them at the right places, you only had a couple things to worry about. In 3, it's much harder to have a set plan that you can execute throughout all the waves.

bread's done
Back