General Discussion for ATL CAGs In Memoriam Matthew Cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

organicow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hey guys, I figured since we totally hijacked that DS Lite thread to talk about everything from cider to live local music....we might as well have a dedicated thread for it. Especially since I think we definitely have the most robust discussions in the Southeast CAG forum!

I'll kick it off by describing my recent EB experience:

I hit the Northlake EB (the one with the cool manager) today to grab some B2G1 goodness. I ended up getting Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (XB), RE2 (GC), and RE3 (GC), all complete and mint for 86.65. Considering that MvC2 goes for $50-60 on ebay, I thought this to be a pretty good purchase! As I was leaving, the manager guy told me that the North Dekalb store had some rare shit right now too, and that I should check it out. What a nice guy!

Anyway, I f'n hate that EB, but I figured it was worth a trip (its not that far from home). I ended up getting complete mint copies of REZ (PS2), LoZ Promo disc (GC, the one with Master Quest), and Cubivore (GC) for $72.20. Cool.

I also got 3 used DS games (preparing for the Lite on Sun) for B2G1. All three of the games (Trauma Center, Advance Wars, and MarioKart) were complete. But, somehow, as the dipshit was ringing me up, the Trauma manual somehow disappeared from the box! Since they insist upon slapping those damned clear stickers on the edges at sale time, I didn't notice the missing manual until I was on the way home. Jackasses!! Well, they had another complete used copy, so hopefully they can help me out tomorrow....but I'm not counting on it.

In the meantime, this dude with a baby was trading in 20 Xbox games (and getting ripped off, I might add), and the clueless employees there couldn't seem to get it all worked out. That poor bastard must've been there for about 45 minutes, and still hadn't gotten the right trade in credit. UGH.

My two trips today really showed me how utterly opposed two EBs within a few miles of one another could really be. And that is why I always go out to Northlake!

/rant

On to more beer talk!! :cool:

[quote name='AJamal'](First time poster, long time lurker)

I was just wondering if any of you guys are out and about over the next couple of days and happen to see a 360 rock band bundle, could you please post here, I've looked all over cobb today and no luck, thanks.[/quote]

I braved Walmart on Howell Mill today and saw about 3-4 360 versions on an endcap.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']If ya'll clear out MicroCenter of the Halo headsets, I'm going to kick some ass.[/quote]Be prepared to PM. Last year someone got there early and cleared out the 29.99 360 wireless controllers and again when they had the same controllers for 19.99. I about blew a gasket when I was told "some guy just bought like all thirty of those!" when I came in fifteen minutes after they opened that day. Seriously, no limit per customer?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']hellbringer apparently bought the last H3 headset. Guess I will hope for a PM tomorrow at BB.[/QUOTE]

I know this will be a YMMV kind of thing, but I just wanted to give you hope. I did a PM on Wednesday at the Snellville BB for NFS:pS for the 360 that was on sale at Target. The girl called Target and was on hold for several minutes, while the girl right next to her had a couple come in price matching the same ad. The second girl told my cashier to just not worry about it and hang up and give me the lower price.

Hopefully, they'll not worry about calling for you too, since they won't PM it if it's OOS.

Good luck!

Has anyone checked the Duluth store? They usually have more stock than the Marietta store.

Note: According to the Marietta game section employee they show one more in stock but no one can find it.

Also, FWIW never try and PM anything at the Cobb Parkway BestBuy they call to verify stock on E V E R Y T H I N G that is not one of their own ads.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']After finding that two Wal-marts and the Best Buy did not have it in-stock, I was able to PM no problem at neo's CC.[/QUOTE]

That's good news. Isn't that in Kennesaw? Don't you live in Augusta, Cochese? I'm not sure why I think that. Maybe it was in you location at one point...

Happy new year ATL CAG's! The toys r'us in Buckhead at 7:30pm 1/1/08 actually had 4 more copies of ps2 final fantasy Xll for 4.99 each. Ignore the 9.99 red sticker on it, it rings up the discounted price.

Happy New Year! Walmart on Cobb parkway (the one next to the Sam's Club, not the one with berka wearing shoppers near value city) had lot's of Rock Band SEs : 3 for 360 and several for PS3.

Okay, I stopped by the Buckhead (Lindbergh) BestBuy Friday, they had Def Jam Icon and Street for the ps3 red tagged @ $15.

Starfox for the DS @ $15

African Safari for the 360 @ $15
Madden 360 headset $12.50

Wii games-

Ant Bully $10
Bionicle $10

Damn... I was in that BBuy last night looking at phones. Didn't notice the cheapass Starfox. Thanks for the note, though.

Perimeter CCity still had EBA, Harvest Moon DS, Children of Mana, and Custom Robo Arena as of last night (all 8.96 now). I picked up the last copy of Yakuza (PS2) at that price.

[quote name='El Gray']THE THING is showing tomorrow night at The Plaza. I'll probably be there with some friends. Come see Wilford Brimley's finest hour on the big screen!

www.plazaatlanta.com[/quote]
I can't believe Wilford Brimley is still alive...and still doing infomercials. Quaker oatmeal FTW, apparently.

As of 2pm today, the Mall of Georgia CC had 1 copy of Yakuza in the game clearance bin right next to the Verizon kiosk. I thought to get it, then realized I'd never play it and it would sit on my shelf in shrink wrap until I die in a retirement home.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']As of 2pm today, the Mall of Georgia CC had 1 copy of Yakuza in the game clearance bin right next to the Verizon kiosk. I thought to get it, then realized I'd never play it and it would sit on my shelf in shrink wrap until I die in a retirement home.[/quote]Wish I could make it up there.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Wish I could make it up there.[/QUOTE]

Man, I'm so, so sorry. I had it in my hand and I even thought that one of us on here would want it and I should buy it. I really should have bought it and met up with you to give it to you. Even if nobody would have wanted it, I would have only been out $9.

I'm really sorry, man. And I owed you one too, from your help with Sega Rally.......:oops:

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Man, I'm so, so sorry. I had it in my hand and I even thought that one of us on here would want it and I should buy it. I really should have bought it and met up with you to give it to you. Even if nobody would have wanted it, I would have only been out $9.

I'm really sorry, man. And I owed you one too, from your help with Sega Rally.......:oops:[/QUOTE]

I was going to do that when I went on my CC trip by lo and behold all the CAGs already raided the CC.

hey all, i've lurked here now and again for a bit and have liked what i've seen. thought i'd make the jump to an actual user today. just wanted to say hi.

Hey Chuckie, and welcome. I'm probably going to stop by my local CC, so if there is anything anyone is looking for let me know and I'll pick it up if they have it.

Edit: thanks cochese my brother got one from the shallowford GR today!

I am putting out feelers now, if anyone spots a 60gb ps3 NIB in metro-ATL area please let me know (PM FTW). I am selling my other one to my brother and need a replacement but would of course like the ffreebies and insist on retaining my full BC. (reward for locating said PS3 and my subsequent successful puchase).

UGA ends the season at #2. Not too shabby...I think LSU more or less pasting OSU resulted in Georgia leapfrogging USC in most voters minds. The SEC really is the toughest conference in the country.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Georgia ranked #1 this fall. Guess we'll see.

In all fairness, USC was ranked below UGA in the 14th week.

h3llbring3r: There was a 60GB PS3 at the GR @ Sandy Plains/Shallowford a couple of weeks ago. No idea if it was new or used.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Man, I'm so, so sorry. I had it in my hand and I even thought that one of us on here would want it and I should buy it. I really should have bought it and met up with you to give it to you. Even if nobody would have wanted it, I would have only been out $9.

I'm really sorry, man. And I owed you one too, from your help with Sega Rally.......:oops:[/quote]Don't worry about it, man. How would you know I or anyone else was looking for it? I may be up that way soon so I can just stop in and check for it. At least I know where one may be lurking now. By the way, how do you like SRR? I haven't played it too much as I try to drive it like DiRT which is not good and CoD4 keeps getting "stuck" in my 360. :D

I was going to do that when I went on my CC trip by lo and behold all the CAGs already raided the CC.
Which CC? Duluth? I got a Project S and BulletW, but there were some left. May change my mind on BW.

Still looking for College Hoops 2k7 and NHL2k7. I like the games, but don't need up to date rosters.

Reminds me Best Buy in Tucker had 360 NHL2k8 and the Bigs for 19.99 each.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Don't worry about it, man. How would you know I or anyone else was looking for it? I may be up that way soon so I can just stop in and check for it. At least I know where one may be lurking now. By the way, how do you like SRR? I haven't played it too much as I try to drive it like DiRT which is not good and CoD4 keeps getting "stuck" in my 360. :D

Which CC? Duluth? I got a Project S and BulletW, but there were some left. May change my mind on BW.

Still looking for College Hoops 2k7 and NHL2k7. I like the games, but don't need up to date rosters.

Reminds me Best Buy in Tucker had 360 NHL2k8 and the Bigs for 19.99 each.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, SRR is a lot of fun. It's very arcadey, but it's a blast. I prefer racing sims, but I have to have some arcade racers in there to balance things.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Yeah, SRR is a lot of fun. It's very arcadey, but it's a blast. I prefer racing sims, but I have to have some arcade racers in there to balance things.[/quote]Yeah, I just need to sit and run more than two races in a row and I'll get a better feel for it.

By the way, your guilty conscience is off the hook on Yakuza. Checked out Cumberland CC on my break and got the last one. Also saw one Quake 4 and two Condemneds. Haven't seen either of those for a long time at the CCs in my area. They had 3 Superman Returns (clearanced, right?), NBA2k6, and most old EA sports games. If you ask about a particular game it may jog my memory and I'll let you know as I had to search the whole disorganized mess. Still no Okami, NHL2k7, or College Hoops 2k7. Maybe I'll get lucky next time I go by Mall o' GA.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Yeah, I just need to sit and run more than two races in a row and I'll get a better feel for it.

By the way, your guilty conscience is off the hook on Yakuza. Checked out Cumberland CC on my break and got the last one. Also saw one Quake 4 and two Condemneds. Haven't seen either of those for a long time at the CCs in my area. They had 3 Superman Returns (clearanced, right?), NBA2k6, and most old EA sports games. If you ask about a particular game it may jog my memory and I'll let you know as I had to search the whole disorganized mess. Still no Okami, NHL2k7, or College Hoops 2k7. Maybe I'll get lucky next time I go by Mall o' GA.[/QUOTE]

Now I feel better! Quake 4 and Condemned are very, very fun games and are highly underrated. Hopefully, you picked them up!

[quote name='jdawgg76']Still no Okami, NHL2k7, or College Hoops 2k7. Maybe I'll get lucky next time I go by Mall o' GA.[/quote]

Still going for Okami, even though a likely superior version is on tap for the Wii? That's the one I'm waiting for.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Yeah, I just need to sit and run more than two races in a row and I'll get a better feel for it.

By the way, your guilty conscience is off the hook on Yakuza. Checked out Cumberland CC on my break and got the last one. Also saw one Quake 4 and two Condemneds. Haven't seen either of those for a long time at the CCs in my area. They had 3 Superman Returns (clearanced, right?), NBA2k6, and most old EA sports games. If you ask about a particular game it may jog my memory and I'll let you know as I had to search the whole disorganized mess. Still no Okami, NHL2k7, or College Hoops 2k7. Maybe I'll get lucky next time I go by Mall o' GA.[/QUOTE]

I might be heading that way this weekend... I'll take a looksy for ya.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Now I feel better! Quake 4 and Condemned are very, very fun games and are highly underrated. Hopefully, you picked them up![/quote]They're in my gaming backlog from previous deals. . .

Still going for Okami, even though a likely superior version is on tap for the Wii? That's the one I'm waiting for.
. . .which is massive and one reason that I haven't gotten/may not get a Wii :bomb:
I don't have the time for what I've got let alone for a new system although I do have a lot of credit at Blockbuster/Gamerush and would like a Wii or a PS3 for games and BluRay.

I might be heading that way this weekend... I'll take a looksy for ya.
I appreciate that!

Target on Cobb Parkway (Marietta) has about a dozen copys of Tony Hawk Proving Ground Limited Edition at the $14.75 clearance price.

NOTE: These are not on the video game clearance section, sale section, or game section end-cap.

They are mysteriously crowded on the backside of the end-cap where PC games are- facing the HD-DVD and Bluray section. (This is where the clearance PC games usually go.)
If anyone is interested.

Thanks fo the PM about the ps3 . . . LOL

[quote name='CocheseUGA']In all fairness, USC was ranked below UGA in the 14th week.

h3llbring3r: There was a 60GB PS3 at the GR @ Sandy Plains/Shallowford a couple of weeks ago. No idea if it was new or used.[/quote]

I didn't know there was a Game Rush there!

Visited the Morrow CC today. One copy each of Meteos (!) and Trauma Center left. That DDR game that's on clearance, a Karaoke Rev Party bundle w/ Mic marked at $30, and probably a few other things. No Soul Calibur III or Karaoke Country or Game Boy Micros, though. Booo.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Target on Cobb Parkway (Marietta) has about a dozen copys of Tony Hawk Proving Ground Limited Edition at the $14.75 clearance price.

NOTE: These are not on the video game clearance section, sale section, or game section end-cap.

They are mysteriously crowded on the backside of the end-cap where PC games are- facing the HD-DVD and Bluray section. (This is where the clearance PC games usually go.)
If anyone is interested.
[/QUOTE]

Is that the 360 version?

dagnabit. I really want to get another copy of Metoes. Of the five games I lost when I left my first DS on Marta (Brain Age, Worms, Phoenix 1, Meteos, and Hunters) Meteos was the one with which I had the most fun. It's one of the best, and most addicting puzzle games I've ever played

[quote name='AlohaMars2']Is that the 360 version?[/quote]
YES
Also, could someone keep there eyes open for a cheap copy of the MechAssault: Phantom War for the DS

[quote name='Tybee']Still going for Okami, even though a likely superior version is on tap for the Wii? That's the one I'm waiting for.[/quote]I don't remember if Okami is one of the ones that dropped futher, but I did pick up a few at CC for 16.96 before Christmas. If someone needs one, lemme know.

Sorry to hear about losing the games, Wolfkin. Nothing worse than losing loved games, than realizing you lost your save files as well. =(

Are we still good with this, or does anyone want to make a atl new thread?

Okay, wish me luck. I have to birthday shop for the dreaded sister in law today, so I'm going to try and find The Solomon Brothers at 3340 Peachtree Rd. Gad, I have no clue where that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back