General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='PhrostByte']So I traded my Tekken stick and CvS2 for Bioshock, DMC4, and $30 paypal. Good deal?[/QUOTE]

If CVS2 is for PS2, I wouldn't do it. Not because CVS2 is one of my favorite games, but mostly because of how hard to find the T5 stick is as well as a PS2 CVS2 copy.

Bioshock and DMC4 will be below $30 eventually. Though if you don't play CVS2, why keep it around right?

I still have a PS2 and the Pelican adapter, so I'm keepin' my Tekken and HRAP2 sticks for now.

Waitin' on the madcatz SFIVs.

[quote name='asianxcore']If CVS2 is for PS2, I wouldn't do it. Not because CVS2 is one of my favorite games, but mostly because of how hard to find the T5 stick is as well as a PS2 CVS2 copy.

Bioshock and DMC4 will be below $30 eventually. Though if you don't play CVS2, why keep it around right?[/quote]

Don't they still have a few Tekken 5 w/ arcade stick bundles on Best Buy.com for about $100?

lol! menage a 3 IS archie w/o the bull ish!!

[quote name='StealthNinjaScyther']So I just got Guilty Gear XX Accent Core. Any tips on where to start? I've never really played any of the Guilty Gear games.[/QUOTE]

for now stick with the basics... the combo system is hella chain style so jus go for stuff like punch, kick, slash, special move... then later on you learn more advanced air combos and juggles and roman cancels and stuff

Capcom-Unity just teased that U.S. Street Fighter IV players might be able to go hands-on with Sakura next week. I believe there is some Street Fighter event going on in New York next week, so she might be there. There are also some awesome looking screens in that post too.

@JEKKI - It's really the best comic I've read in quite some time. I truly think the "Archie without the bullshit" line is the only way to describe it.

hey girl hey girl hey u go girl,

da da da da da da baby girl!

kungfucutie-d.jpg

I really don't like how things are going and important threads are getting merged or whatever. I really thought the arcade stick thread needed to be it's own thing. It wasn't trying to isolate itself to a single genre (though the majority of sticks owners did use it for fighting games).

Regardless, I'm sick of it and I don't want to deal with it if all the work/research that CAG members put together gets brushed off to the side like that.

Anywho, I'm just venting from Hong Kong. I've been working like a sweatshop kid since I got here.

I haven't even gone to the arcade yet!

I really hope this doesn't turn into a "3/4 of the page is arcade stick related" thread. Maybe posting a link to the old arcade stick thread in the OP would be a good way to help people who need help/recommendations that are stick related.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Don't they still have a few Tekken 5 w/ arcade stick bundles on Best Buy.com for about $100?[/QUOTE]

Seeing that Gamecrazy has/had them at $29.99 makes the $100 sound ridiculous.

Also for a little over $100 you can get a custom made.

I'm down for a petition or something if needed to bring back the old threads. I do agree that all the hard work and discussion just got brushed aside as if it all were one and the same by the mods.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Remember the Battle Arena Toshinden series? It's coming to the Wii according to amodf on NeoGAF.[/quote]

I always wanted to see the series revived, but like RR said, I just don't recognize the "Toshinden" in the pics I saw. Looks like they're going the Toshinden Subaru route and starting from scratch, which is pretty lame. Please gimmie Eiji, Kayin, Sho, Vermillion, Rungo, Mondo, Gaia, Ellis, etc....

I still don't get why they would drop the Arcade Stick thread. Never really contributed to it but I know it was very popular. There's no deny most of the time sticks are used for fighters, but I'm gonna assume the threads would have two entirely different discussions.

[quote name='Rodimus']
I still don't get why they would drop the Arcade Stick thread. Never really contributed to it but I know it was very popular. There's no deny most of the time sticks are used for fighters, but I'm gonna assume the threads would have two entirely different discussions.[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth to whoever looks into these sort of things, I want arcade sticks for fighting games and various XBLA titles. Have you tried dashing consistantly in Golden Axe with the 360 pad? fucking nightmare. I used my stick all the time for that game until my puppy chewed the cord apart. Half the reason I was so psyched about the US HRAPs and the Madcatz SFIV sticks was because I could get one to use for both fighting stuff like VF5 and SF IV and arcade games.

I'm not going to say anything like, "I'm done with CAG" because I don't want to miss out on various deals but man, I'm not a big enough fan of internet drama/bullshit to endure these sort of shenanigans. I'll be like a silent ghost in the Video Game deals thread and nothing else.

[quote name='asianxcore']If CVS2 is for PS2, I wouldn't do it. Not because CVS2 is one of my favorite games, but mostly because of how hard to find the T5 stick is as well as a PS2 CVS2 copy.

Bioshock and DMC4 will be below $30 eventually. Though if you don't play CVS2, why keep it around right?[/QUOTE]

Everytime i put my tekken stick on craigslist, people flag it off of craigslist. I have no clue why. I have 2 extra sticks with inpin adapters i need to get rid of, but the posts keep getting flagged off.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Remember the Battle Arena Toshinden series? It's coming to the Wii according to amodf on NeoGAF.[/quote]

It's true!

I played ass loads of BAT on PSone. Maybe not because it was especially good, but because it was one of the few games I owned for PS at the time. :p

I guess I shouldn't be surprised the Wii is becoming home to a batch of old-school fighting games.

[quote name='PatFortenbaugh']we need the old threads back[/QUOTE]

Seconded. And bring back my CAG Fight Club. :cry:

At least anyone that wants to play can hit me up on AIM.

I don't know how many people this applies to but Guilty Gear Judgement for the PSP hit the Playstation Store a couple days ago. I would've "meh'd" it but then I found that it is only $5.99. I bit if only because for that price I can't really bitch about imperfect controls. Plus I sorta regretted selling the cheapass retail copy I had several months ago.

EDIT - After spending about 45 minutes with GGX2 within Guilty Gear Judgement I can confidently say I made a good purchase. I'm far from being great at GG but I had no real problems using Axel to beat up the computer. The "easy" command setting is a godsend. From what I can tell it simply makes inputting specials "looser". It's hard to explain but after playing SFA3 Upper (or whatever the PSP version was called) and switching to GGX2, I can say that it's easier to pull off supers and specials in GGX2.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is OT, but anyone play Dead Space? I was thinking about getting it with my birfday money, but I wanted some opinions first.

...Dragon Punch.

[quote name='Halo05']For what it's worth to whoever looks into these sort of things, I want arcade sticks for fighting games and various XBLA titles. Have you tried dashing consistantly in Golden Axe with the 360 pad? fucking nightmare. I used my stick all the time for that game until my puppy chewed the cord apart. Half the reason I was so psyched about the US HRAPs and the Madcatz SFIV sticks was because I could get one to use for both fighting stuff like VF5 and SF IV and arcade games.

I'm not going to say anything like, "I'm done with CAG" because I don't want to miss out on various deals but man, I'm not a big enough fan of internet drama/bullshit to endure these sort of shenanigans. I'll be like a silent ghost in the Video Game deals thread and nothing else.[/quote]

My cat chewed my 360 headset into 4 different pieces the other day. That sonuvabitch.. and yesterday he tried chewing through my TV power cord.. for a minute I was thinking about letting him so he could feel some Pavlovian conditioning... but I didn't really want him to die so I said fuckit.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Seconded. And bring back my CAG Fight Club. :cry:

At least anyone that wants to play can hit me up on AIM.[/QUOTE]

they closed fight club?!?!?!

wtf?!?! 4th rule of fight club... DO NOT CLOSE FIGHT CLUB!

violators get eaten alive and thrown into the SF Bay.

WTF FIGHT CLUB IS GONE!?

UGH!

Also!

I played Tekken 6 for the first time earlier today.

4 hours of non stop action.

Best looking fighting game out there on the market. For sure.

[quote name='MarkMan']WTF FIGHT CLUB IS GONE!?

UGH!

Also!

I played Tekken 6 for the first time earlier today.

4 hours of non stop action.

Best looking fighting game out there on the market. For sure.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']but yeah, the game looks like what you feel during sex without the pain.[/quote]

You're not doing something right, homey.

Good to see a fighting thread back. I've been knee deep in bull sheezey in the political forums. I'm also about done with CAG as it is. Mods like to delete any good comments because it's troll baiting but other people seem to get a license to completely spew garbage all day and night without any repercussions..../rant

[quote name='JEKKI']they closed fight club?!?!?!

wtf?!?! 4th rule of fight club... DO NOT CLOSE FIGHT CLUB!

violators get eaten alive and thrown into the SF Bay.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's time for Project Mayhem? ;)

We need to just put the Fight Club shit at the beginning of the FT.

And Tekken 6 better have immaculate online if they are going to make me wait until Fall 2009.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']even up against the quality of KoFXII and Blaz Blu (even though those are 2.5D...).

but yeah, the game looks like what you feel during sex without the pain.[/quote]
Haha, wow, you must be having some pretty rough sex.

anywayz... Has anyone imported KoF '98 UM? Also, how does it compare to KoF XI?

Overall, I've been hearing good things about it and look forward to a scheduled US release.

Visual wise, 3D graphics and detail, Tekken 6 is superior than anything else! It is SO different when watching a video comparing it to the HD monitor at it's full frame rate...

KOF XII and BlazBlue are pretty yes. I can't say anything about KOF XII since I haven't seen it up close, but BlazBlue is not as pretty as Tekken 6(initial impact wise). I've played that one a lot.

Thanks for the impressions MM. IMO, what I've seen of Blaz Blue suggests it's the weakest visually of those 3 (different) games. I've always enjoyed the graphics of the Tekken series. Especially the cutscenes.

Sad about CAG Fight Club. Maybe now we need specific matchmaking threads for each individual game?

Markman, you had previously listed some vendors that will be supporting the SF4 controllers and sticks. You said that basically any vendor that sells Madcatz stuff. I'm assuming that this would include Amazon? I'm also curious if it includes Blockbuster, as they've been trying to get more into the gaming scene lately and are jumping at accessory/promotion opportunities.

[quote name='option.iv']anywayz... Has anyone imported KoF '98 UM? Also, how does it compare to KoF XI?

Overall, I've been hearing good things about it and look forward to a scheduled US release.[/QUOTE]

KOF98 UM is pretty tight. It's essentially '98 with more characters ('96 Boss Team FTW!), 3D backgrounds that look just like '98 on Dreamcast, 480p support, and a new groove, Ultimate, that I've never used. The AI is tuned up and is a good challenge.

Overall, if you like '98, you'll like '98 UM. KOFXI is excellent too. As far as a comparison goes, it's old school KOF vs. new school KOF. Both have good things and the roster is different enough so that you can play both and have a good time. :)

GAH! So confused. I had the old thread tagged, and usually just hit my subscribed threads, so lost track of this one. So a little catch up:

MM: Don't leave us! We love you! IDK who's been on a power trip, but I hope it gets settled down soon.

Toshinden coming back: Yay? I really, really enjoyed Remix on Saturn back in the day, but I just tried it on an emu a couple weeks back... and it is unplayable. Anyone recommend 3 or 4 on PS1? Maybe it's just too old for me to play now :(

GG advice: Jeki's right. Get the basics down, combo system is crazy flexible, and once you get that down, Roman Cancels, False Roman Cancels, juggles, Bursts, etc. are all easy to learn, tough to master. My advice though: don't fuck around with the instant kill attacks. They're fun against friends that don't know the game, but pretty much completely useless in actual play.

Finally, a question: I have Tekken Dark Resurrection on PSP, but can't stand the imprecise D-pad. Against the brutal AI, just too infuriating. So I picked up 5 on PS2, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Now that I have a PS3, the PSN Tekken DR is looking tempting, but what I want to know is this: Is it a significant change on 5 to warrant picking up. I probably won't pick up the online play add on, as my internet is too unreliable (why I don't play SC4 online :( )

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back