General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I already posted that it was available, but I just received my Street Fighter Tribute book today and all I can say is, "Wow"

The thing is beautiful and easily worth the money. You can tell it's made of high quality materials and it's easily one of the the prettiest, best constructed art book I have... and it's not even a hardcover. If you love Street Fighter and you like art, you really owe it to yourself to pick this baby up. 318 pages of pure unadulterated awesomeness.

I remember Fighters Megamix, but I feel that Fighting Vipers got passed over here in the States for that along with the Virtua Fighter games on Saturn. I want the Fighting Vipers 2 remake to come out here on a next gen platform, preferrably as a downloadable game with online. Is that too much to ask of Sega? :)

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Sega doesn't know what would make them money. They don't know what they are doing as a company anymore. At least, that's what I think.[/quote]

Sonic 4?

[quote name='PhrostByte']Sonic 4?[/QUOTE]
Might be a start, but I'd like to see a REAL Shining Force, a REAL Phantasy Star, and Virtua Fighter 5 R on anything, and that's for starters.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Might be a start, but I'd like to see a REAL Shining Force, a REAL Phantasy Star, and Virtua Fighter 5 R on anything, and that's for starters.[/quote]

Yeah I should probably get a copy of VF5 after all the time I put into both VF4 and VF4evo. :\

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yeah I should probably get a copy of VF5 after all the time I put into both VF4 and VF4evo. :\[/QUOTE]

Do it. It's awesome. And get it for 360 so we can play. :)

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Do it. It's awesome. And get it for 360 so we can play. :)[/quote]

Yeah I definitely will. The question is just when.. and when I do get it.. when will I have time to play? I just got a 360 and the only game I've played so far is GTA4... damn pre-med... always so busy... like right now I should be sleeping, instead I'm cranked up on 6 Hour Power shots and trance. :\

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yeah I definitely will. The question is just when.. and when I do get it.. when will I have time to play? I just got a 360 and the only game I've played so far is GTA4... damn pre-med... always so busy... like right now I should be sleeping, instead I'm cranked up on 6 Hour Power shots and trance. :\[/QUOTE]

I haven't been playing it much because the 360 pad kinda sucks massive amounts of ass. I think I'll play i t online this weekend and see if those 3 Lau's I always played against are still on. Master, 10 dan, and 8th dan last time I played them. I got up to 6th dan online, so I'm not too bad. :)

I need that SFIV stick. :drool:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I haven't been playing it much because the 360 pad kinda sucks massive amounts of ass. I think I'll play i t online this weekend and see if those 3 Lau's I always played against are still on. Master, 10 dan, and 8th dan last time I played them. I got up to 6th dan online, so I'm not too bad. :)

I need that SFIV stick. :drool:[/quote]

I was thinking.. when SFIIHD Remix comes out.. I'll hook my keyboard up to my 360 and whip some ass emulator-style. :]

[quote name='PhrostByte']I was thinking.. when SFIIHD Remix comes out.. I'll hook my keyboard up to my 360 and whip some ass emulator-style. :][/QUOTE]

I used a keyboard for about 2 seconds. I'm all about PS2 to USB adapters. I want one for 360, but I'm not willing to pay $80 and put up with the only one there is.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I used a keyboard for about 2 seconds. I'm all about PS2 to USB adapters. I want one for 360, but I'm not willing to pay $80 and put up with the only one there is.[/quote]

Yeah it's too bad about the 360 d-pad... I haven't played any fighters on it yet. I guess I'm in for quite a treat huh? :roll:

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yeah it's too bad about the 360 d-pad... I haven't played any fighters on it yet. I guess I'm in for quite a treat huh? :roll:[/QUOTE]

It's not too bad if you sand down the outer ring of it. It still mostly sucks though. I blew my wireless 360 controller's Dpad out. Left and down barely work now, thanks to VF5.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']It's not too bad if you sand down the outer ring of it. It still mostly sucks though. I blew my wireless 360 controller's Dpad out. Left and down barely work now, thanks to VF5.[/quote]

Damn that sounds like fun... ugggh why does my test have to be tomorrow.. you're not any good at chemistry are ya? ;)

[quote name='PhrostByte']Damn that sounds like fun... ugggh why does my test have to be tomorrow.. you're not any good at chemistry are ya? ;)[/QUOTE]

I was in high school, like 11 years ago. :)

I don't remember much.

Depends on what the DLC is. I'm not spending real money on things like character exclusive clothing items/accessories.

[quote name='SL4IN']Depends on what the DLC is. I'm not spending real money on things like character exclusive clothing items/accessories.[/quote]

I will. Tekken is my baby and I like to throw all my money at it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I will. Tekken is my baby and I like to throw all my money at it.[/quote]

I might >_>

[quote name='SL4IN']
Edit: Is it crazy of me to say I'd rather want a new Capcom vs SNK than a new Marvel vs Capcom? Because I kinda do :\[/quote]

I'm with you on that one.

as I say, I liked MvC1 better than MvC2... MvC2 always felt like a clusterfuck and fights always took longer than I felt necissary.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm with you on that one.

as I say, I liked MvC1 better than MvC2... MvC2 always felt like a clusterfuck and fights always took longer than I felt necissary.[/quote]

They largely became a flurry of tagging in and out and super ultra omega over the top moves for the win.

CVS just feels more fluid and solid.

[quote name='SL4IN']They largely became a flurry of tagging in and out and super ultra omega over the top moves for the win.

CVS just feels more fluid and solid.[/quote]

Yeah, CVS had more of a baseline weight to the fighting mechanics. MvC2 was all over the place.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Yeah, CVS had more of a baseline weight to the fighting mechanics. MvC2 was all over the place.[/QUOTE]

Only visually. At it's core it was just as capable a fighter.

CvS for the Dreamcast was great. But it didn't have any real modes beyond the arcade mode to keep you playing. Give me a good Capcom fighting game with the Quest mode from Virtua Fighter 5 and I'll be happy.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Only visually. At it's core it was just as capable a fighter.[/quote]

it's capable, but it's a drag. nothing wrong with it, just... I relate it to golf games.

ok, so I JUST heard about Yoda coming to PS3 SC through DLC. For 6 bucks. SIX fucking DOLLARS?! R U fucking KIDDING ME NAMCO. Wow, Ace Combat, Katamari Damaci, and now SC. Namco is a bitch, pure and simple. fuck that shit.

I'd like to see a CvS3 but I like the characters in MvC better. The characters lend themselves to an over the top slugfest that takes some time. After missing out on both series, I'd buy both of them on day 1.

I still can't believe I passed over all those great fighting games from 1999 to 2006. Then again, I didn't have the money anyway.

yes please -->

tk_asktolili.jpg

2 years ago I would've said gimmie CvS3 over MvC3, but now that I'm back into comics I'd perfer to see a new Marvel vs. game.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']not to sound like a pervert, but man, asuka has a nice rack.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that in Tekken 5. It was distracting on my T5 stick. :drool:

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Only visually. At it's core it was just as capable a fighter.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Though I have always preferred CVS2 over MVC2, high-level MVC2 play had shorter matches than most people would expect. As I've mentioned before it's insane how tight MVC2 is on execution & timing regardless of what it looks like on screen. Obviously too low-tier MVC2 matches tend to take a lot longer than your normal high tier team matches (damage scaling, ridiculous separation between MVC2 tiers)

Not that CVS2 is missing all that (since it took me a handful of months to learn how to roll cancel properly) but though both games are visually different, as Jim said both are very capable (and execution heavy) fighting games.

1UP has a hands-on preview of Bleach vs. Crusade for the Wii. They say the hardcore will like the challenge, but the casual audience coming over from the DS games might "be in for a shock". I have the first Bleach DS game and I have to say, as awesome as the gameplay is, you really need to be a fan of the show before you pick it up. I didn't watch any episodes before I got it and it just never clicked with me. The characters just look generic as hell. The same black kimono or karate uniform or whatever it's called is on almost everybody. The only way to tell the difference between who is who is hair color, skin color, or a guy with a laundry basket on his head. Hulu has some subbed episodes up so I think I might need to watch a little bit before I go back to Blade of Fate. Good game, but you need to be a fan.

I've been going crazy the last few days. I bought a new HDTV last week and I've been trying to get the settings just right so my PS2 games won't look like crap. I've been using the Street Fighter Alpha Anthology to help me calibrate it and I think it looks okay now. I think I figured it out, but I think I'm going to have to find some component cables for the PS2 at some point. On the plus side, VF5, DOA4 and Soul Calibur IV look fantastic on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back