General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
The master guide is good.. I mentioned it for presale on my site too... ;) But it's out now, no need to preorder!

Frame data = win!

15 SFIV machines in a row = SUPER WIN!

CRAP! That wasn't as good of a find as I thought......CHANGETHESUBJECTCHANGETHESUBJECT.......SO! Did I mention I now have thunderbolts shaved into my facial hair???

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BlueSwim']If your a fighting game fan(and by reading this, I assume you are) you have got to check this out. Consider it a history lesson of sorts.[/QUOTE]

If YOU'RE a fighting game fan, you wouldn't go to a piece of crap site that steals images.

Hm, but the Master Guide for Street Fighter IV wouldn't include console characters. I wonder if they'll rerelease a console specific Master Guide later on down the road?

They will... Enterbrain already registered/reserved a SKU for the JPN guide for console SF IV.

You didn't hear that from me tho.

Playing VF5 360 online, first time in a long time. And I won 3 matches in a row against some stiff competition. Surprisingly, I'm not that rusty. :)

If anyone wants to throw down, come get some.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Playing VF5 360 online, first time in a long time. And I won 3 matches in a row against some stiff competition. Surprisingly, I'm not that rusty. :)

If anyone wants to throw down, come get some.[/QUOTE]

Ugh... been wanting to save money for an HDTV but also want to play VF5 online with you guys.. oh well it's only $20 no big deal. You guys think I can jump right in to online mode if I played the hell out of VF4/VF4:Evo but only played VF5 once? I'm a Jacky player... Do I have to retrain him?

Jacky is pretty similar to his VF4 Evo version. You should be able to jump in and kick some ass. You should just hit up training for a bit though, and check him out.

[quote name='B:L']If YOU'RE a fighting game fan, you wouldn't go to a piece of crap site that steals images.[/quote]
:oops:...I see what you did there...:cry:
That's what I get for watching Star Wars until 4 in the morning.:lol:
[quote name='MarkMan']Yea... dirty website... stealing my infos too.[/quote]
Well that sucks! I guess that does makes sense though considering how much info they had.

yeah, we discussed it a while ago... meh.

also, from the sound of if Tsunkolodo vs Capcom has a strong chance of coming to PS3/360 (japan) way after Wii release and after SFIV is released. yep ;)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']also, from the sound of if Tsunkolodo vs Capcom has a strong chance of coming to PS3/360 (japan) way after Wii release and after SFIV is released. yep ;)[/quote]

Really!? Where did you hear that? If that's the case, I'm sooo glad that the PS3 isn't region locked.

[quote name='SL4IN']I'm contemplating importing TvC. But for the most part, it's just a thought.[/quote]

It would be the first ever imported game for me. I've never really been able to, as I've never modded a system or purchased a foreign system before. I also can't read Japanese. Now that I have a PS3 and a game that I really want that will likely never reach the states that I don't need to be able to read Japanese for, I now have the means and motivation to import. :)

[quote name='PhrostByte']Ugh... been wanting to save money for an HDTV but also want to play VF5 online with you guys.. oh well it's only $20 no big deal. You guys think I can jump right in to online mode if I played the hell out of VF4/VF4:Evo but only played VF5 once? I'm a Jacky player... Do I have to retrain him?[/QUOTE]

i don't play jacky but this should be your friend http://virtuafighter.com/combos/index.php?ver=5c&chara=jacky

i think from 4 to 5 alot of the knee combos from evo don't work or are really unsafe in the risk vs. reward department compared to other combos you can do at the amount of frame advantage a knee would give you.

also if anybody wants to play me my tag is cutitupfresh and i play el blaze. i'm not online as much anymore but if you catch me i'm always down for a good session in player matches.

oh yeah, i wish vf5r would get some sort of announcement. i really want to jump off walls and do ground throws with blaze. :p

OMG! Nice find JEKKI.

This may be a stupid question but I have to ask, I wonder where that Shadaloo hat Raul was wearing in that scene from Street Fighter: The Movie is now? I'd love to have that thing sitting on my stereo.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']lol @ kiss capcom

reminds me... I need to send EX3 to foley ;)[/QUOTE]

ya you bastard, you already missed my birthday :(

Maybe I'm missing something but did that guy say "SF EX+ is the best Street Fighter game ever made?" I'll be the first to give the EX series love but come on.

Toshinden looks like crap. I can already tell it's gonna fall into mediocrity.

lol

84_gameover.jpg

man u guys are crazy btw... that Toshinden game looks awesome!!

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']ya you bastard, you already missed my birthday :([/quote]

I R Sorry >_< I'll sending it w/ giftzorz

also that flash game is well done... very well.

That was a cool little flash game.

Now, can anyone tell me what the arcade button layout is for KoF games (specifically XI)?

is it like the old Neo Geo setup? A B C D

or is it like this: A B E
___________ C D

or like this?: A C E
_________ B D

edit: Ah nevermind, it seems to be A B E
___________________________ C D

Also, old news it seems, but SNK seems to be remaking 2002 as well. It looks awesome and features chars like Kasumi from Art of Fighting and Heidern from Ikari Warriors (loved that game as a kid).

K'9999 (aka Tetsuo biter) is going to be replaced by Nameless which seems to be a combination of Kyo and K'. With K' inheriting cloned genes from Kyo, it'll probably be another fire style character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Nerdy dudes who go to SJSU,

Arcade etiquette. When someone puts up a quarter on the glass of an arcade cabinet, it means they are putting up their spot in line. It does not mean that you not only take that person's place, but use their quarter to play said game.

Love,
AsianXcore

---------------

Saw The Roots, Gym Class Heroes and Estelle with my girlfriend over the weekend at SJSU. Seeing that she is amazing, I convinced my girlfriend to let us kill an hour at the Bowling Center where they had SFIV among everything else I play.

Put my quarter for SFIV on the glass, this dude comes up takes it and uses my spot to play as Akuma. I looked super confused and a couple of guys who saw me put up the quarter were pissed haha :)

I think the funniest thing one of them told me was, "You are the winner IMO. You obviously have a girlfriend and you don't smell. Yup, you win"

Wise up suckas.

Yes, I would consider having a girlfriend and not smelling to trump the success of stealing someone's quarter in an arcade.

That's pretty funny that someone would do that though.

[quote name='heavyd853']Yes, I would consider having a girlfriend and not smelling to trump the success of stealing someone's quarter in an arcade.

That's pretty funny that someone would do that though.[/QUOTE]

Might be one of the top random/confusing/funny moments I've ever had at an arcade.

It's up there with the time someone wanted to "dance battle" me at an arcade. He wasn't nice about it either, came at me super hard. One of my best friends was there and couldn't stop laughing

Why you ask? A) I was standing next to a DDR machine watching people play and B) He thought I looked like I was with a dance/breaking crew.

P.S: I hate dancing

Seriously? I challenged someone to a dance battle at work once, but that was just a joke.

I know there's a couple of weirdo's at my school's arcade that provide some funny moment's. Like this guy was playing some random doujin game on his laptop and was seriously yelling "Hey! Look at me play this cool anime-style fighting game! I'm kicking the computer's ass!"

Everyone was all confused.

Also, last week these 2 business major girls came down to look at the MVC2 cabinet to see what could be fixed in the design of the cab and the game itself.

So these 2 girls are sitting at the cab, and I come down into the room and like 6 dudes are waaaay on the other side of the room all confused and in a little group. It was brilliant. Ahhhh women! What are we gonna do!?

[quote name='heavyd853']
So these 2 girls are sitting at the cab, and I come down into the room and like 6 dudes are waaaay on the other side of the room all confused and in a little group. It was brilliant. Ahhhh women! What are we gonna do!?[/QUOTE]

Exactly this...

scanners4.gif

[quote name='heavyd853']Also, last week these 2 business major girls came down to look at the MVC2 cabinet to see what could be fixed in the design of the cab and the game itself.

So these 2 girls are sitting at the cab, and I come down into the room and like 6 dudes are waaaay on the other side of the room all confused and in a little group. It was brilliant. Ahhhh women! What are we gonna do!?[/quote]

Man, I'd be lining up my quarters ready to challenge those bitches! :)

That sucks asian. I didn't have that problem at SJSU but it was a pretty cool mix of five guys that were taking turns on the machines.

[quote name='depascal22']That sucks asian. I didn't have that problem at SJSU but it was a pretty cool mix of five guys that were taking turns on the machines.[/QUOTE]

It's all good. I wasn't mad just massively confused. He was doing it to everyone (cutting in line) but I was the only person he used a quarter from :)

Glad you had fun while you visited in the Bay. SJSU's Bowling Center is a little slice of heaven. Hopefully I'll be spending even more time there eventually when I transfer.

[quote name='asianxcore']Saw The Roots, Gym Class Heroes and Estelle with my girlfriend over the weekend at SJSU.[/quote]
I read my friend's blog and he went to that thing too.
2usidl3.jpg

[quote name='asianxcore']Glad you had fun while you visited in the Bay. SJSU's Bowling Center is a little slice of heaven. Hopefully I'll be spending even more time there eventually when I transfer.[/quote]

It's always fun to go back. I lived in El Cerrito for a while and I was stationed at Travis AFB so it's like old times when I visit. I was pleasantly surprised about SJSU though. Nice arcade, good looking girls, and hot weather are all good things in my book.

Ugh, such bad manners in an arcade. Reminds me of when I was playing CvS2 through 1P mode (since it was hella slow that day in the arcade). Some dude pops in a quarter without asking, and I thrash him. So I expect him to let me beat 1P mode, and he throws in another one. I beat him again, then 3 other dudes sneak in from the shadows and throw their quarters in line. Ain't asking the proper thing to do?

[quote name='kainzero']I read my friend's blog and he went to that thing too.
2usidl3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice! It was a fantastic show. Love the picture your friend took. I was sitting down watching The Roots at the beginning of their set and I heard everyone cheer. That guy in blue ran out and I thought "Hey that looks like Mos Def, but with a giant beard". Started to look closer and pretty much shat myself. The Roots + Mos Def= Tha Win

The Roots were amazing. They've been my favorite hip-hop group for a long time now. Gym Class Heroes and Estelle were pretty amazing as well.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Ugh, such bad manners in an arcade. Reminds me of when I was playing CvS2 through 1P mode (since it was hella slow that day in the arcade). Some dude pops in a quarter without asking, and I thrash him. So I expect him to let me beat 1P mode, and he throws in another one. I beat him again, then 3 other dudes sneak in from the shadows and throw their quarters in line. Ain't asking the proper thing to do?[/quote]
I ask but on MVC2, CVS2, 3S, T5DR, and SF4 I always expect someone to play if I'm playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back