General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw on GameFAQS you get the character, the ability to buy all the weapons, a stage (the elevator), new art, and two new endings (the apprentice's ending gets extended)

I would get it, but I haven't played SC4 in a while

if it added trophies as well as other things than probably yeah... but whatever... weird the game has yet to get rumble support but I can see how that may be asking for too much.

[quote name='akilshohen']I saw on GameFAQS you get the character, the ability to buy all the weapons, a stage (the elevator), new art, and two new endings (the apprentice's ending gets extended)

I would get it, but I haven't played SC4 in a while[/QUOTE]

hmm, I do have free money from the RB2 Stride promo... Might pick it up tomorrow when some friends come down, if they wanna play as Yoda.

hot:

stick.jpg

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']This is kind of a stupid question, but it always bugged me about SFA3

Do you guys call them I-S-M's (eye ess em) or ISM's (iz-mm)?[/quote]

I always say iz-mm because I don't recall ISM being short for anything.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']This is kind of a stupid question, but it always bugged me about SFA3

Do you guys call them I-S-M's (eye ess em) or ISM's (iz-mm)?[/QUOTE]Yeah I always thought of them as like religious branches, or philosophical constructs. Pronounced "IZm" just as if you were saying "Buddhism" or "Communism" or what have you.

A-ISM = Alphaism = The way of Street Fighter Alpha! = air blocking, alpha counters, 3-level super meter, etc.
X-ISM = Xism = The way of Super Street Fighter X! (I think that's what they called ST in Japan or something) = normals do higher damage, 1-level super
V-ism = Variable-ism = The way of the Custom/Variable combo! = uses the custom combo's from SFA2, and a few other idiosyncratic differences

Then in CVS 2 they just wanted to spell CAP and SNK so the letter-isms didn't really stand for anything anymore.

Do you guys call them I-S-M's (eye ess em) or ISM's (iz-mm)?[/quote]

Chalk another one up for iz-mm.

Kotaku has a story up about SSFIITHDR that is a little bit of a Q&A with Seth Killian. Looks like we'll have to put out $15 for HD Remix.:whistle2:(

[quote name='BlueSwim']Chalk another one up for iz-mm.

Kotaku has a story up about SSFIITHDR that is a little bit of a Q&A with Seth Killian. Looks like we'll have to put out $15 for HD Remix.:whistle2:([/quote]
Looks like I'm be out $30 then since I'll get it for both systems.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Chalk another one up for iz-mm.

Kotaku has a story up about SSFIITHDR that is a little bit of a Q&A with Seth Killian. Looks like we'll have to put out $15 for HD Remix.:whistle2:([/QUOTE]Thanks for the link! I was mentally prepared for $20 so I'm cool with that. Not to beat an old argument to death but we're a far cry from the days when it cost $70 to upgrade from a crappy port of Hyper Fighting to a crappy port of SSF2 (which would promptly be made obsolete by the arcade release of ST).

Plus we get original ST mode, hitbox mode, and I think some sort of tournament mode to play with! Yeah I'd rather it be $10 but $15 is nothing to sniff at IMHO.

Nice little set-up RR and a damn good choice of a game + internet surfing. Looks like my job on the weekends. We had a 52' Samsung LCD sitting around up stairs not being used, but they just recently moved it into the studio were I work. We'll probably use it more in 1 day than they've used it in 1 year.

[quote name='djbooba']Looks like I'm be out $30 then since I'll get it for both systems.[/quote]

Looks like I'll be shelling out three since gamesharing is awesome.

Outside of like Project Justice and Soul Calibur, does the DC have any must have fighters that haven't been ported to the ps2?

Has ANYONE picked up either Darth Vader or Yoda for Soul Calibur IV? I've seriously been tempted to get Yoda, even though I don't play it that much.

Speaking of 2D sprites, will there be a U.S. home console release for BlazBlue? I don't remember hearing anything about one.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Speaking of 2D sprites, will there be a U.S. home console release for BlazBlue? I don't remember hearing anything about one.[/quote]

Yes there will be a release. Look for it next year (can't say when) ;P

[quote name='MarkMan']Yes there will be a release. Look for it next year (can't say when) ;P[/quote]
;) Sounds good(as long as it's multi-platform).

[quote name='KingBroly']Has ANYONE picked up either Darth Vader or Yoda for Soul Calibur IV? I've seriously been tempted to get Yoda, even though I don't play it that much.[/quote]
Once you get over the balancing issues(nobody can grab him and he's too short for some horizontal strikes to hit), Yoda can be pretty enjoyable. That's not to say I'd spend $5 on him though.

[quote name='SL4IN']I thought it was a 360 exclusive?[/quote]
Is it? I know Battle Fantasia is 360 exclusive at the moment(in the U.S.) but I don't remember hearing anything about BlazBlue.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Dayum. Saw that sale on SD Tekken, and was all pumped to buy a HRAP3. Then I saw shipping. What the fuck.[/quote]

That's how it is for sticks/shipping from HK ;(

[quote name='MarkMan']That's how it is for sticks/shipping from HK ;([/quote]

Oh well, the HRAP3 coming to amazon makes me a happy camper, especially considering all the gift cards I'll have from buying games.

I wanted to get a PS2 stick, but I figured for the price of that and an adapter I might as well get the real good shit.

Maybe now I can win at Soul Calibur? :lol:

[quote name='KingBroly']WHAT!!!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? THAT'S BULLSHIT, MAN! BOO!!!!

:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

That Fatality alone was going to be the reason why I would get that game eventually. The animation of the other fighter keeling over was amazing! Now they're replacing it with THAT!? COME ON, Midway![/quote]

there is now no reason to get that game :booty::cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back