General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've been wanting to learn boxer. heck, i've been using him more often than honda lately. but i think i get too impatient with him too. i have a general idea of what i can/ need to do with him, but i still need more time to mess with him.

Despite my hate of fatties, I will probably learn rufus next.

I fear Gigan playing Boxer after a while, it will be pretty scary.

yeah gigan i was working on that in training mode, but if u over head smash, u dont have back charge going into the LK into headbutt into ultra.

im trying to work on... overhead smash, lk, headd butt.

and.. lp,dash upper,lp,lk,headbutt into ultra

After trying out SFIV Championship Mode tonight, I'm not too sure if I like it. Sure it's free, but it feels just like more obsessing over rank and BP.

Give me what I want.....multiple players in one room ala HDR.

Also I ran into Esper CAG in Championship Mode. No offense to you Esper, but you let me run all over your Bison with Abel :)

I'm just going through championship mode. I think I fought asianxcore's abel from the FGT. Hi, I was the scrubby dictator, you just mopped the floor with. Your abel's insane, I can't do anything. :)

Awesome, I went up a rank! G3-D to G3-C.

I hope I run into you again. This time I'm picking boxer!

[quote name='asianxcore']After trying out SFIV Championship Mode tonight, I'm not too sure if I like it. Sure it's free, but it feels just like more obsessing over rank and BP.

Also I ran into Esper CAG in Championship Mode. No offense to you Esper, but you let me run all over your Bison with Abel :)[/QUOTE]

yo man you missed out on fudruckers tourney today.

128 people in sf4 alone. they had to cap it because hella fools showed up. i gave my spot to taunt from vallejo if you know him. ricky o. had to buy a spot off someone for like $20 extra but ended up winning against crizzle in the final. sagat vs. gief. holy shit the zoning!

they even had cvs2.

[quote name='asianxcore']After trying out SFIV Championship Mode tonight, I'm not too sure if I like it. Sure it's free, but it feels just like more obsessing over rank and BP.

Also I ran into Esper CAG in Championship Mode. No offense to you Esper, but you let me run all over your Bison with Abel :)[/quote]

Hey, I want MAD stats. I want to know how many Ultras I have blocked with Dan and which moves I favor which each character and how well I do versus other characters.

[quote name='akuma001']yo man you missed out on fudruckers tourney today.

128 people in sf4 alone. they had to cap it because hella fools showed up. i gave my spot to taunt from vallejo if you know him. ricky o. had to buy a spot off someone for like $20 extra but ended up winning against crizzle in the final. sagat vs. gief. holy shit the zoning!

they even had cvs2.[/QUOTE]

I know :(

I originally was planning to go as I told you, but I got swamped with work/school things that needed to be finished ASAP. I put it off for longer than I usually do, so in essence it was my fault.

Did Crizzle play Sagat or Gief? When I last played him he was running a mean Sagat with a smidge of Vega on the side. Dude is too good. Same with Ricky O

Unfortunately I haven't met any of the Vallejo/Fairfield guys :)

[quote name='Esper']
I hope I run into you again. This time I'm picking boxer![/QUOTE]

Good! I always am up for more Boxer practice against my Abel/Seth.

[quote name='Furashu']axc, want to play some SF4 sometime? havent played u in a while![/QUOTE]

I'm always down. Tonight though I'll be at the Giants/Dodgers game with the Misses.

I'll be online more the rest of the week, so you can hit me up then :)

[quote name='asianxcore']I'm always down. Tonight though I'll be at the Giants/Dodgers game with the Misses.

I'll be online more the rest of the week, so you can hit me up then :)[/quote]

Why arent you ever in the FGT chatroom fool!

Ooh, I need to fireup IV again for Champ mode. I dunno why, 'cause I haven't even played online yet, but it's something that has to be done!

Fken a, these hard challenges are starting to drive me up the wall. Just when I think I'm on a role I hit a brick wall.

Gief's timing from lk xx EX Green Hand is ticking me off right now among other things ~:mad:

[/vent]

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']a little over an hour till the announcement tonight of the game that will surprise no one here in FGT lol[/quote]
:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']a little over an hour till the announcement tonight of the game that will surprise no one here in FGT lol[/quote]
omg, what announcement?!?

j/k

They're gonna be in trouble...oh wait, it's Marvel.com...No MvC3 then

I'm kinda surprised they pulled the screen back a lot.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']so is this when CAG still dosn't want to admit I was right and hides behind the "wasn't confirmed until now" curtain?[/QUOTE]

Yup.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']so is this when CAG still dosn't want to admit I was right and hides behind the "wasn't confirmed until now" curtain?[/quote]

About...?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']so is this when CAG still dosn't want to admit I was right and hides behind the "wasn't confirmed until now" curtain?[/QUOTE]

Hey yeah.

Where's the MGS game for Wii, Rolento?

And where's Retro's first person Zelda remake?

[quote name='Strell']Hey yeah.

Where's the MGS game for Wii, Rolento?

And where's Retro's first person Zelda remake?[/quote]

:lol: can't a man be wrong for once?

oh and that MGS game for Wii was a joke, so sorry if people took me too seriously... I thought that one was obvious.

[quote name='KingBroly']About...?[/QUOTE]

He's the one who first broke the news about MvC2 and everybody shit on him. I think he deserves an apology from those who did shit on him myself. He won't get it of course cause everybody's going to be a dick about it, but he deserves it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: can't a man be wrong for once?

oh and that MGS game for Wii was a joke, so sorry if people took me too seriously... I thought that one was obvious.[/QUOTE]

You made it pretty clear it was definite.

All I'm pointing out is that yeah, people on CAGs are morons, and that thread a while ago was a train wreck, but you aint exactly white as snow.

[quote name='distgfx']He's the one who first broke the news about MvC2 and everybody shit on him. I think he deserves an apology from those who did shit on him myself. He won't get it of course cause everybody's going to be a dick about it, but he deserves it.[/quote]

thanks for the support. I don't expect anyone to be nice to me after this. probably downhill to be honest :lol:

[quote name='Strell']You made it pretty clear it was definite.

All I'm pointing out is that yeah, people on CAGs are morons, and that thread a while ago was a train wreck, but you aint exactly white as snow.[/quote]

I agree. I'm not perfect, and I admit my faults (which I'm sorry for if I've caused any CAGs pain), but CAGs don't have to be an ass about it. We don't need another typical internet forum.

[quote name='distgfx']He's the one who first broke the news about MvC2 and everybody shit on him. I think he deserves an apology from those who did shit on him myself. He won't get it of course cause everybody's going to be a dick about it, but he deserves it.[/quote]

I saw the ESRB rating, so if it came after that, he gets nothing.

In fact, he'll still get nothing until Valkyria Chronicles gets Trophies :bomb:

[quote name='KingBroly']I saw the ESRB rating, so if it came after that, he gets nothing.

In fact, he'll still get nothing until Valkyria Chronicles gets Trophies :bomb:[/QUOTE]

It came before that.

Even after the ESRB rating, people still shit on him.

I dunno. The ESRB rating was a good while ago. I know Broly rolls over at GoNintendo a lot, and I remember seeing it there. Might be fun to cross reference the two, but even if you did and saw one before the other, it's not like it would really prove anything substantial or interesting.

H'ah well. I'm honestly not that much of an MvC2 fan, for two reasons: 1) because I never learned how to play it so I get my ass handed to me, and 2) playing it on the DC after playing SF4/3rd Strike made it looks extremely primitive in a bad way, so I never bothered. (Yes I'm not much of a fighting game fanatic.)

But I'm sure I'll pick it up on XBLA because of the slew of cheap points from a few weeks ago + playing it online with people.

The story was on GoNintendo on the 13th of October. I didn't report it there since it wasn't rated for Wii.

I do report a lot of ESRB goings-on there, though. I originally reported on Dr. Mario Wii, which became Dr. Mario Online Rx.

EDIT: PSN demo this week!

EDIT 2: No unlockable characters! All 56 from the start

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingBroly']The story was on GoNintendo on the 13th of October. I didn't report it there since it wasn't rated for Wii.

I do report a lot of ESRB goings-on there, though. I originally reported on Dr. Mario Wii, which became Dr. Mario Online Rx.

EDIT: PSN demo this week![/QUOTE]

He broke it on October 9th, here's the blog capcom forced him to take down:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=3648

That's definitely quite odd. I'll guess the ESRB rating was the same day, but since they knew who Rolento was, Capcom pressured him.

Still gets nothing from me until Valkyria Chronicles gets Trophies. Sources, smorshes.

It's interesting to see that the negative stuff people were b'ch'n about when it was the "alleged" MvC2 (ew, it's XBL version/DC is best) were mostly all addressed. They seem to have convered all the bases, so short of them making MvC3, I'm cool and will prolly pick it up. Yay on the speediness of the demo.

wow... how'd I miss this?

Art + SF = !!!!

http://www.gallerynucleus.com/gallery/pieces/183

wish I could buy

this one is great:

derekYu_theRedCyclone_1.jpg

http://www.gallerynucleus.com/item/image0/7478/7irq9u/derekYu_theRedCyclone_1.jpg?1240600764

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back