General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Nelo Ice']SFIV worth $20?(i have a $10 gift card)
thinkin bout pickin up with the modern warfare 2 preorder deal since all i gotta do is pay $5 to reserve the game and i'll get it back in $5 of rz certs[/QUOTE]

It was worth the $80 I paid for the CE at release. It's definitely worth $20, hands down.

k i'll pick it up sometime this week just wasnt sure since i dont have a proper controller to play it atm and i was thinkin of waiting to burn my gc on the pc version that comes with a fightpad
also was thinkin bout skate 2 but sfiv is probably the better deal overall

[quote name='Nelo Ice']SFIV worth $20?(i have a $10 gift card)
thinkin bout pickin up with the modern warfare 2 preorder deal since all i gotta do is pay $5 to reserve the game and i'll get it back in $5 of rz certs[/quote]

I oughta give you a Duke sized bitchslap for even asking this. I paid 120 for it on launch day and don't regret it one bit. Collectors Edition and Fight pad.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Charge characters and Zangief aren't too difficult with the 360 analog stick, you know.[/quote]

im a complete noob so i was hoping to learn using the proper controllers
i have been watching too many sfiv fight vids along with reading up a lil on the mechanics of the game

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']forgot to mention the link i posted: the remarks on Tekken 6 are completely insane.[/quote]

"crisp 2D sprites always look better than clunky 3D models."

LOL @ his underlying lowblow to tekken 6 char models.

they look pretty good imo

So I went to University Pinball to play BlazBlue today. Guess what they didn't have??
Blazblue

Guess what they did have?
King of Fighters XII!!!! It's awesome, the new critical counter system is very cool. The gameplay is pretty slow as well, I really feel like some of the people that weren't feelin 2003 or XI would definitely get down with it. Graphics are sickkkkkkk. Crazy combos are possible using the critical counters. If anyone has questions post up I'll do my best to answer them.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']at least Foley is supportive of KoFXII. That makes me happy.[/QUOTE]

were there people bashing it? I haven't really been keeping up on the internets....

I tested out my stick just now. Prolly gonna hop online and really see what it can do later on, but from what I noticed when trying it out in training mode, it feels...weird. That's partly due to my experience with arcade sticks (read: none), though. I don't like how the ball handle spins, though. It feels like it could unscrew at any moment. Also, the buttons are super-sensitive.

I'll be able to tell if it's a deal-breaker or not once I actually break it in, though.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']were there people bashing it? I haven't really been keeping up on the internets....[/QUOTE]

Yes, some people were complaining about how it looks graphically and has jagged edges.
:rofl:

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I tested out my stick just now. Prolly gonna hop online and really see what it can do later on, but from what I noticed when trying it out in training mode, it feels...weird. That's partly due to my experience with arcade sticks (read: none), though. I don't like how the ball handle spins, though. It feels like it could unscrew at any moment. Also, the buttons are super-sensitive.

I'll be able to tell if it's a deal-breaker or not once I actually break it in, though.[/QUOTE]

Ball handle shouldn't spin. You may need to open up your stick and tighten it. What stick did you get?

The bottom of the shaft has a valley through it perfect for a large straight blade screwdriver. You can use that to remove or tighten the ball.

[quote name='zewone']Ball handle shouldn't spin. You may need to open up your stick and tighten it. What stick did you get?

The bottom of the shaft has a valley through it perfect for a large straight blade screwdriver. You can use that to remove or tighten the ball.[/quote]
sfiv-ps3-arcade-stick.jpg

Well that stinks. I'll try and get the ball tightened, then...as soon as I can remember where the screwdrivers are.

[quote name='zewone']Yeah, KoFXII's graphics look pretty crappy for how much weeaboos are masturbating to it.[/quote]
but it has

BIG SPRITES

lol, KoF looks good but the animation is standard. i was a little let-down because of the amount of potential it had (graphically), but I do like the gameplay although it doesn't really play like KoF. some of the sprites are SICK too, such as Ralf and Clark.

there are only a few stages but the one that is in like Mexico or Egypt is AWESOME.

to be honest, it kind of feels like a "test" game. they wanted to mess around with HD sprites and backgrounds and revamp the gameplay, and they kind of threw things together so they could make money off of it. so far i've really liked it, but now I really can't wait for KoFXIII because I know that will be even more badass

also... completed unrelated but anyone happen to have Killzone 2 for sale?

:lol:

yeah, it's more a game to establish something. Every series or franchise has those games. It's not really known what something is going to do until you have something to self reference.

[quote name='MarkMan']So with that said RR, are you implying that SFEX4 and SFIV are one in the same?[/quote]

:lol:

more like SFEX3 needed to happen to make SFIV be real.

[quote name='zewone']Big ass sprites, dawg.[/QUOTE]

Big ass sprites. Of guys.

And guys that look like girls.

Lots of big ass pixels on their big asses for the sausage fest.

More like King of Flaming XYY.

edit: this is the worst totp.

[quote name='zewone']Yeah, KoFXII's graphics look pretty crappy for how much weeaboos are masturbating to it.[/QUOTE]

Bwahahaha. I think I just found my new best friend.

I agree in some ways ReRo, but it's not like they're creating a new genre or anything. It's a good game, don't get me wrong, just wish it had more stages, a larger cast and more special moves per character.

Also, don't even bring up SFEX3..... still waiting.... >_

[quote name='LostRoad']Playing a game for images of women is so very sad.[/quote]

... why'd I buy DoA4 then?

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I agree in some ways ReRo, but it's not like they're creating a new genre or anything. It's a good game, don't get me wrong, just wish it had more stages, a larger cast and more special moves per character.

Also, don't even bring up SFEX3..... still waiting.... >_

The SFEX series wasn't even that bad... I mean obviously it wasn't as good as any of the main games... SF2 3 or 4... but still it was fun. The Arika characters were mad cool too yo'z. D. Darko. Skullomania. That WASP shoto-Allen or whatever his name was. I thought the Maximum Impact series also was pretty fun.

[quote name='suko_32']Hey as noobs with arcade sticks, we should train![/QUOTE]I'm down for it. I think I just need to get used to how small the joystick ball is. Man, if I had the money, I'd mod this bitch right away.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I hope my stick comes soon...[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine sometime last week, and I got it today. When'd you order yours?

[quote name='suko_32']Hey as noobs with arcade sticks, we should train![/QUOTE]

+1 i don't like playing with my TE stick solely because i don't feel as comfortable with it as i do my saturn style pad

[quote name='LostRoad']Playing a game for images of women is so very sad.[/QUOTE]

What if players like controlling female characters, huh? If they like the way they play?

How terribly judgmental of you to look down on those who like to move women with their sticks. :booty:

Well I'm getting a a bit better with the stick. When I first tried I could even do SRK's or c.mk -> fireball. My PS3 stick should come in near the end of this week so take that time to train Beef! Right now all I have is my 360 TE stick that I just modded. When I have access to my good camera I'll take pics of it.

Also, from what I hear you really should mod that SE stick. Do it!!

[quote name='Mr. Beef']

I ordered mine sometime last week, and I got it today. When'd you order yours?[/quote]

I never ordered... :lol: mine is free out of goodwill and kind hearts :bouncy:

as for the Max Impact series... it was fun but always felt like it was fun because it was so broken. Half the animations feel like they have no recover time and are super clunky. It's basically a match of who can spam easy as hell combos more than the other person. very fun :lol:

I still have my copy of KoF 2006 (ie. Max Impact 2) not because I play it... I just can't find some place or person that would want it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back