GGT 106 : In Memorandum of The Black Mage

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Last night I got drinking, drove to walmart (sober) at 1am to pitch in 10 bucks to buy Mortal Kombat. what a fun![/QUOTE]

To get a version you can't play with most of the ggt, yay!

[quote name='distgfx']To get a version you can't play with most of the ggt, yay![/QUOTE]

He couldn't play either version with the GGT.

[quote name='ihadFG']He couldn't play either version with the GGT.[/QUOTE]

For multiple reasons...

Hey, ihadfg I know you like Deadly Premonition, how long is that game; I'm thinking maybe I'll start it as my next action game (I got it for my birthday). I think this weekend I need to finish Dragon Age Origins: Awakening though, and go straight to Persona 4 (since I want to beat that before Otakon... which may still be impossible since I don't have that much time left, and I need to do a bunch of sewing on the weekend now to make sure I finish my second costume in time).

[quote name='distgfx']To get a version you can't play with most of the ggt, yay![/QUOTE]

My friend had 50 bucks and I pitched in 10, which he is going to pay me back. So I paid 10 that I am being refunded to be able to play it with him for the next two weeks until school ends.

[quote name='icebeast']For multiple reasons...

Hey, ihadfg I know you like Deadly Premonition, how long is that game; I'm thinking maybe I'll start it as my next action game (I got it for my birthday). I think this weekend I need to finish Dragon Age Origins: Awakening though, and go straight to Persona 4 (since I want to beat that before Otakon... which may still be impossible since I don't have that much time left, and I need to do a bunch of sewing on the weekend now to make sure I finish my second costume in time).[/QUOTE]

It took me around 24 hours to beat if I remember correctly. And just as a warning, it isn't much of an action game. It is a story-driven comedy/horror/drama/everything. And it starts kind of slow.

[quote name='ihadFG']He couldn't play either version with the GGT.[/QUOTE]

He would eventually, whereas with the 360 one, he'd have to buy all of us a copy.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']My friend had 50 bucks and I pitched in 10, which he is going to pay me back. So I paid 10 that I am being refunded to be able to play it with him for the next two weeks until school ends.[/QUOTE]

Oh ... really? Sweet.

[quote name='distgfx']He would eventually, whereas with the 360 one, he'd have to buy all of us a copy.
[/QUOTE]

By the time PSN comes back he won't be playing it anymore anyway. :booty:

[quote name='ihadFG']By the time PSN comes back he won't be playing it anymore anyway. :booty:[/QUOTE]

YOU DON'T KNOW THAT! You can't predict the future. :booty:

[quote name='ihadFG']It took me around 24 hours to beat if I remember correctly. And just as a warning, it isn't much of an action game. It is a story-driven comedy/horror/drama/everything. And it starts kind of slow.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I mean I'm hoping it is kind of like Silent Hill but a little more funny, by "next action game" I basically meant "next game that isn't an RPG", haha. :lol:

If I knew psn was gonna be down. I wouldn't have bought Mortal Kombat on release day.

[quote name='sendme']Seeing how the PS3 network is down looks like the 360 got something that PS3 owners didn't get and that is the online play. So for now online play is a timed exclusive for 360 owners.[/QUOTE]

That comment rubs me the wrong way. I'm tempted to go in there tmk style.

[quote name='jman619']That comment rubs me the wrong way. I'm tempted to go in there tmk style.[/QUOTE]

I mean he is being a bit of a dick about it... but unlike most comments made by fanboys that one is mostly true.

[quote name='icebeast']Ya, I mean I'm hoping it is kind of like Silent Hill but a little more funny, by "next action game" I basically meant "next game that isn't an RPG", haha. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a bit like Silent Hill in the town structure. Although it is obviously less of a straight up horror game than Silent Hill. Although they do manage to do a great job of combining comedy, horror, drama, and romance. It really is like Twin Peaks in that regard.

[quote name='Chacrana']Online play is more like a 360 permanent exclusive, because the garbage online play on PSN is barely online play at all.[/QUOTE]

I love you.

For those who've played 999 for the DS and Heavy Rain:

Which is better, story-wise? I just beat 999 and that it was amazing. Was wondering if HR would better or worst.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']For those who've played 999 for the DS and Heavy Rain:

Which is better, story-wise? I just beat 999 and that it was amazing. Was wondering if HR would better or worst.[/QUOTE]

They're pretty different, but 999 is much, much, much better. Heavy Rain has too much mundane shit for my liking, and I'm someone who likes slower paced games.

psnmaintenance530.jpg

Would TMK apply for this job?

Heavy Rain's story is ass, it just has some intense playable scenes. Can't wait for someone to make a similar game with some thought behind it.

Fun game though.

[quote name='Chacrana']They're pretty different, but 999 is much, much, much better. Heavy Rain has too much mundane shit for my liking, and I'm someone who likes slower paced games.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I bought HR last week, but haven't started it. I might delve into "less awesome" stories for awhile to water down the awesomeness that was the 999 True Ending. Holy Jesus did the ending get me hooked. I started the end of the Safe End at like 1 am and finished the True End like at 7 am. I am also very tired at work.

I finally know where ihadFG's sig character comes from.

Yeah, as everyone else has said, Heavy Rain's story was pretty bad compared to 999. Still worth playing, but it's really just special for the interaction and not the story itself. The writing is amateurish.

Playing the PSN version of the original Sonic the Hedgehog shows me that this more a game about careful jumping and going slow rather than running fast and blowing past everything. Don't know how I could make it through without the handy save states.

[quote name='ihadFG']Yeah, as everyone else has said, Heavy Rain's story was pretty bad compared to 999. Still worth playing, but it's really just special for the interaction and not the story itself. The writing is amateurish.[/QUOTE]

999 sucks, that game was fucking terrible. There was no gameplay, the characters weren't likeable and the story was pure ass.
j/k

[quote name='Chacrana']Online play is more like a 360 permanent exclusive, because the garbage online play on PSN is barely online play at all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah man. I mean, I tried MvC3 on PSN and it was laggy as fuck and uraizen wouldn't play, but as soon as I bought dat bro-box 360 and copped Mahvel, me and uraizen be playin' all day like we was in the same room!

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah man. I mean, I tried MvC3 on PSN and it was laggy as fuck and uraizen wouldn't play, but as soon as I bought dat bro-box 360 and copped Mahvel, me and uraizen be playin' all day like we was in the same room![/QUOTE]

True story.

[quote name='whoknows']I played MvC3 once and then I was like "This isn't MK" and then I waited for MK to come out and now I play MK.[/QUOTE]

I played MvC3 once and then I was like "This isn't MK," and I was happy. Now I play AH3. :cool:

[quote name='whoknows']I played MvC3 once and then I was like "This isn't Sonic 2006" and then I went back to Sonic 2006 and now I play Sonic 2006 again.[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

bread's done
Back