GGT 106 : In Memorandum of The Black Mage

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Nice. Brad Nicholson left Giant Bomb after the twig boy instantly outclassed him as a news writer.[/QUOTE]

Who's twig boy? I'm guessing it's Patrick Klepeck, of 1up notoriety?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']At least Sonic Generations is still coming out.

Cheer up. ^__^[/QUOTE]

That is true.

Sonic Generations saved me from suicide.

Man, Crysis 2 looks beautiful, even on that 360. Just started the single player. I'll probably finish it tonight. What is it like, two hours?

[quote name='linkpwns']Man, Crysis 2 looks beautiful, even on that 360. Just started the single player. I'll probably finish it tonight. What is it like, two hours?[/QUOTE]

like 10.

[quote name='Chacrana']They canceled Sonic Generations.[/QUOTE]

But that would mean I have no reason to keep going on with life

Yeah, 8-10 is a good estimate for Crysis 2...maybe longer if you actually shoot everyone. I cloaked through like 85 percent of it.

But its an FPS... My friend was complaining that its too short. And I can assure you, he wasn't stealthing...
Then again, he complained that Fallout 3 was short.

[quote name='linkpwns']But its an FPS... My friend was complaining that its too short. And I can assure you, he wasn't stealthing...
Then again, he complained that Fallout 3 was short.[/QUOTE]

If this friend wasn't BriBri, you shouldn't listen to him.

[quote name='linkpwns']But its an FPS... My friend was complaining that its too short. And I can assure you, he wasn't stealthing...
Then again, he complained that Fallout 3 was short.[/QUOTE]

Fallout 3 CAN be short. My friend ended up beating the game within 12 hours. Didn't side quest, just tried to find his father. Now another friend of mine, he made sure that he killed everyone in the game, took him around 70 hours to do so.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I liked Baldur's Gate, I hate Diablo, though.[/QUOTE]

How can you hate diablo? Do you have no soul?

[quote name='j-cart']Diablo2 had HC mode. That was my pinnacle of WRPG online experience. Soo much rage when my character was backstabbed for loot. Though I did it quite often too :D[/QUOTE]

This guy knows what I'm talking about

I have never played DIablo 2, and I've only played about 5 minutes of Diablo 1 on PS1.

But I love Torchlight. ^__^

Probably think about getting Diablo 3, but it's Activision/Blizzard, so that's not happening. Not giving those fucks money. :nottalking:

Apparently PSN is down because custom firmware: REBUG was allowing people to log on to PSN as a "debug" console. After doing so, they could add funds from a dummy credit card and purchase everything in the store for free. It is not believed that anyone stole existing user information or credit cards.

According to PSX-Scene former moderator, "chesh," the now six-day-long PlayStation Network outage is the result of a particularly exploitative custom firmware (CFW) modification. In a post on Reddit, chesh claims that a CFW known as "Codename: Rebug" had given its users the ability to log into PSN as if they were doing so from a developer console (or "debug unit").

As a result, chesh contends, this same exploit allowed its users to add funds from "dummy" credit card accounts into their PSN wallets, ostensibly giving them the ability to "unlock" (read: steal) PlayStation Store content. Joystiq's research into the purported exploit has turned up multiple tutorials detailing the process, which appears alarmingly easy to execute on consoles running the Rebug CFW.

The hack does not allow its users to access the credit card or other personal information of PSN users, chesh adds. Nevertheless, as we reported earlier today, Sony is working to rule out information theft as part of its investigation during the maintenance outage in which the company is also implementing new security measures.

Sony has not yet responded to our request for comment on this story.

I blame those people for PSN being down then.

They should gameshare their accounts with me so I can download everything for free and I'll forgive them.

[quote name='whoknows']I blame those people for PSN being down then.

They should gameshare their accounts with me so I can download everything for free and I'll forgive them.[/QUOTE]

I'd think those accounts are probably banned, brah. :lol:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Mana, is that you?[/QUOTE]
SHIT YEAH, BRO!! Stopping me from enjoying my MAG online AND preventing me from hosting WARHAWK NIGHT?

Unacceptable. :nottalking:

I had this thought last night. So if you bought a PSP Go right now, would it be a fancy paperweight, since you can't get games for it?

[quote name='distgfx']Like a laser beam, my eye's on you[/QUOTE]
uraizen trying to be the next Lady Gaga, methinks.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']For real yo.

Modnation Racers sucks. It's like a shitty Mario Kart clone with bad controls and long load times.[/QUOTE]ModNation Racers is the best kart racer ever that isn't Super Mario Kart. I really like the game outside of load times. The amount of mods to download is so awesome, tracks are awesome, controls are great (you just gotta figure out how to drift right), etc. One of my top 5 favorites last year.

Anyway, I've been playing tons of Ar Tonelico Qoga. Now on Phase 3. I started Dragon Quest VI and Legend of Heroes: Trails of the Sky. About to play SOCOM 4 tonight finally.

I ordered K-On! import on PSP. Can't wait until it arrives:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9f-49-en-70-3w4w.html

[quote name='distgfx']Watch me save the day[/QUOTE]

You should play it. You'd like it.

I've played minutes of it and enjoyed it.

Modnation Racers seems... ok but half the point of kart racers is characters doing stuff they don't usually do. Mario and friends driving cars, shooting shit at each other, etc.

That said, I don't believe for a second that Modnation Racers is better than the king of all kart racing games, Crash Team Racing.

[quote name='whoknows']You should play it. You'd like it.

I've played minutes of it and enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]

Feel my storm, it's getting close

[quote name='distgfx']Feel my storm, it's getting close[/QUOTE]

The loading times are a small price to pay to be able to play such a great game.

[quote name='whoknows']The loading times are a small price to pay to be able to play such a great game.[/QUOTE]

Headed your way

[quote name='manthing']Crash Team Racing>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Modnation Retards[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%.

But that Crash racing game on iOS? that's some stank ass garbage.

[quote name='manthing']Not surprising coming from someone who worships at the altar of Sonic 2006[/QUOTE]

It's not really an altar. What I built at home is more of a shrine.

bread's done
Back