GGT 106 : In Memorandum of The Black Mage

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Everybody is dying.[/QUOTE] Yeah, but I think I maaaay really be. :(

[quote name='Chacrana']You put more detail into your brother's ability to play Portal 2 than your own oncoming death.[/QUOTE] Hey, Portal techniques are important stuff!

Also, no joke. Think I have colon cancer. Going for tests on Tuesday.

Yeah, seriously. I'm having Spine surgery already this summer, it's like I'm fuckin' falling apart. If I find out I have Colon cancer I'm going to dedicate the last of my life to transform myself into a machine/AI.

Edit: Also, anyone know why my internet would be fuckin' awful and disconnecting every 5 minutes? It's been like this since Friday and no matter what I do (restarted/complete reset of modem/router or anything else) has worked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I got TWIZTED last night... tomorrow I will probably dedicate to relaxing and playing some games (last day of my districts Spring Break). I wish the Redbox around here had games, cause Portal 2 would be like the perfect thing to rent from it. Lame.

[quote name='j-cart']Pictures, post them.[/QUOTE]
Not a pictures person, sorry. I did take a picture of an Asian man who loved his moe pillow though: http://twitpic.com/4oozc9
[quote name='panzerfaust']I don't like nearly enough anime to go to a convention. I could probably name 5 great ones and everything else is pretty meh to me.[/QUOTE]
I haven't watched any good anime in years, but I've been going to Anime Boston since it started and at this point it's just a reason to spend a weekend with friends. I probably spent more on Kpop than I did on anime. There was a nice Kpop booth this year, and I got some cool SNSD stuff!

[quote name='whoknows']For those of you wondering, anchovy pizza is nasty.

So don't try it out of curiosity like I did.[/QUOTE]

Yo, that shit is HELLA NASTY. Good lord it's awful.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Man I got TWIZTED last night... tomorrow I will probably dedicate to relaxing and playing some games (last day of my districts Spring Break). I wish the Redbox around here had games, cause Portal 2 would be like the perfect thing to rent from it. Lame.[/QUOTE]

Hang out with me, I just killed my liver these two past weekends. I don't remember how I got home last night.

That picture is more than what I was expecting. He is totally going on reddit. Going to make that dude famous.

No more going out until finals and school is over -- do not have the money and I want to be able to afford some dubstep events in chicago next month.

I also have MK9 for PS3, so whenever PSN is back up...

I just saw a commercial for Mortal Kombat on Telemundo. It is the only game commercial I've ever seen on it. Also PS3 version.

Solo hace todo.

MK = for Mexicans confirmed.

I find it very sad that the next Zelda is already guaranteed to a be another outdated Wii title. So, maybe 5-6 years before an HD Wii-2 Zelda is even announced.

[quote name='panzerfaust']No more going out until finals and school is over -- do not have the money and I want to be able to afford some dubstep events in chicago next month.

I also have MK9 for PS3, so whenever PSN is back up...[/QUOTE]

Add me if you ever want to play MK9 (or SSF4 or whatever), holdthephone. Once PSN is reanimated, of course. :cool:

Also, it'll be whack as hell if Skyward Sword suddenly becomes Twilight Princess all over again... :(

I don't anticipate buying Skyward Sword if it's anything like the E3 demo. Or uses motion controls.

Can we get another Gamecube version?

I would actually consider buying Skyward Sword if it supported the GC controller. Which is crazy to me... Nintendo has found a way to make a game that I absolutely should like... and yet, made it so I will never, ever give it a chance solely because of the controls.

[quote name='Chacrana']I'm gonna laugh if the Lakers are out in the first round.

Bulls v. Nuggets in the finals.[/QUOTE]

Won't happen.

I...definitely owned that game. It was stolen by a crack whore along with the rest of my OG Gameboy games/system.

Man, I got myself some of dat cash money. Picked up Crysis 2 for that 360. Not the optimal set up, but I can play with my friends, which is more important than texture quality to me.
I think I'm gonna get on that PS3 Portal 2 soon after this. Or maybe just save for eight copies of LA Noire. Who knows.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Cutscene heavy games are fine -- MGS4 just did a really shitty job with it is all.[/QUOTE]

I feel the exact opposite. Cutscene heavy games are usually not great, but I loved MGS4's cutscenes.

[quote name='panzerfaust']There's something called pacing.[/QUOTE]

I went into MGS4 expecting a movie with some playable bits. I got what I wanted.

I mean, yeah the cutscenes were better than the game itself. And then the cutscenes themselves weren't quite an actual movie.

It was a pretty disconnected game, suffice to say.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I mean, yeah the cutscenes were better than the game itself. And then the cutscenes themselves weren't quite an actual movie.

It was a pretty disconnected game, suffice to say.[/QUOTE]

As a huge MGS fanboy, I was thoroughly engaged. But from a game design perspective, I can say that it wouldn't work for any other game for me. MGS was definitely the exception for me.

Do you think I'd have to have a solid background in MGS to enjoy MGS4? I've heard it's good and always wanted to "play" it, but I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it having not really played any of the other games.

Playing MGS4 without playing MGS1,2, and 3? You could probably enjoy it, but most of the cool shit won't have the same impact, since you don't know the characters' histories.

So, my vote is to play MGS 1, 2, then 3 prior to 4.

bread's done
Back