GGT 106 : In Memorandum of The Black Mage

The best thing to come out of kart racing games is Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing.

The best thing to come out of racing games is Sonic R.

[quote name='whoknows']The best thing to come out of kart racing games is Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing.

The best thing to come out of racing games is Sonic R.[/QUOTE]

The best thing to come out of fighting games is Sonic the Fighters

[quote name='whoknows']The best thing to come out of kart racing games is Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing.

The best thing to come out of racing games is Sonic R.[/QUOTE]

The best thing to come out of party games is Sonic Shuffle.

The best thing to come out of skateboarding games is Sonic Riders.

[quote name='distgfx']The best thing to come out of fighting games is Sonic the Fighters[/QUOTE]

It was an amazing game. Maybe that's why I don't like Street Fighter. I played Sonic The Fighters first and it just blows Street Fighter away.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']The best thing to come out of party games is Sonic Shuffle.

The best thing to come out of skateboarding games is Sonic Riders.[/QUOTE]

These are both true. I have both of those games and they're amazing.

Sonic Riders 3 being on Kinect amplified the amazingness.

serenitygod - today, 08:06 pm i have to agree with the mana kinght. It is only popeye's! Garlic butter shrimp now also! However i have taken a liking to grilled wings. So anything fried goes in the backseat now.

:cool:

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Gonna try to get my brother to go halfsies on a copy of Mortal Kombat.[/QUOTE] SWEET! You'd be getting a PS3 copy, right?

[quote name='j-cart']Fallout 3 CAN be short. My friend ended up beating the game within 12 hours. Didn't side quest, just tried to find his father. Now another friend of mine, he made sure that he killed everyone in the game, took him around 70 hours to do so.[/QUOTE] I've done it in 8 before. You just have to know what you're doing and exactly where you're going. Just like how you can beat New Vegas in literally no time.

[quote name='BlueScrote']How can you hate diablo? Do you have no soul?
[/QUOTE] With the exception of Borderlands, I hate loot games. Diablo really bored me. So did Torchlight.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Does anyone know how long GS will hold a used game for you if you do the "pick up in store" option on the website?[/QUOTE] 24-48 hours. It depends on your store. Mine holds it for 48, but my friends' store in TN only holds for 24. Call to check, I'd say.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Apparently PSN is down because custom firmware: REBUG was allowing people to log on to PSN as a "debug" console. After doing so, they could add funds from a dummy credit card and purchase everything in the store for free. It is not believed that anyone stole existing user information or credit cards.[/QUOTE] HOLY SHIT! That's crazy! I can't believe it if that's actually the case. Surprising that someone would be able to make cfw to do that. I wonder how much longer it's going to take to fix.

[quote name='distgfx']Sonic Heroes, Sonic Heroes

You all just lost out on a dollar.[/QUOTE] I really enjoyed Sonic Heroes. Especially the Team Chaotix levels.

Edit: Dude, GameStop's shipping is crazy fast now. Free 2 day shipping on the order I made this morning. fuck yes.

Joel - No, it would be 360 because that's what he has and I doubt I could get him to go in for a game he can't play without my PS3. And nevermind then on GS since I won't be near mine for a couple weeks.

You're KIDDING. Black Roommate started using his psn funds on fucking DLC costumes for final fantasy disssidaieuucociem retard shit fried chicken the movie the game.

LOL

There's a deal on XBL where you renew your XBL Gold and get either 60% off or 600 points. Can't decide what i'd use the 600 points on... I may go with that 60% off though.

Played some of that Crysis 2. Pretty chillin game.

[quote name='linkpwns']LOL

There's a deal on XBL where you renew your XBL Gold and get either 60% off or 600 points. Can't decide what i'd use the 600 points on... I may go with that 60% off though.

Played some of that Crysis 2. Pretty chillin game.[/QUOTE]

Um.

You sure it's not 10% off?

80 points = $1
600 points ~ $6.25

60% off would be $36 making a year of XBL $24.
If it's really 60% off, you'd be an idiot to take the points. :p

[quote name='corrosivefrost']What the hell is wrong with you?
And how is he using the funds when PSN is down? Can PSP buy shit online without PSN?[/QUOTE]
He isn't, he bought the PSN card a while back and has already used some. And no, the PSP can't connect to the store or anything, I just tried.

Also, I was joking. Some of the Duodecim costumes look boss.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Um.

You sure it's not 10% off?

80 points = $1
600 points ~ $6.25

60% off would be $36 making a year of XBL $24.
If it's really 60% off, you'd be an idiot to take the points. :p[/QUOTE]

Double checking. That would make a lot more sense.

EDIT: Nope, I was right, it was 60% off or 600 points.

Aha, it's a three month subscription for 10 bucks.
or 600 points.

[quote name='linkpwns']Double checking. That would make a lot more sense.

EDIT: Nope, I was right, it was 60% off or 600 points.

Aha, it's a three month subscription for 10 bucks.
or 600 points.[/QUOTE]

Use the math for the points to figure out which is worth more. :)

And Jo-El, I was asking JSP what the hell was wrong with him, you just snuck a post in front of my reply. :p

Hey guys, is Shift 2: Unleashed related to Sonic Unleashed in any way? They both have Unleashed in the title so does Shift take place in the Sonic universe or something? If it does I need it.

[quote name='whoknows']Hey guys, is Shift 2: Unleashed related to Sonic Unleashed in any way? They both have Unleashed in the title so does Shift take place in the Sonic universe or something? If it does I need it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's a direct sequel.

[quote name='panzerfaust']So has everyone picked a character for MK9 yet?

Going Jax, and perhaps Kitana as an alt.[/QUOTE]

Ermac high on my list.
Quan Chi, Reptile, Smoke, Cyber Sub-Zero are also possible.

[quote name='panzerfaust']So has everyone picked a character for MK9 yet?

Going Jax, and perhaps Kitana as an alt.[/QUOTE]
List right now:
Ermac, Cyrax, Smoke, Raiden.

I'm still hammering out the kinks while beating arcade ladder, though.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Ermac high on my list.
Quan Chi, Reptile, Smoke, Cyber Sub-Zero are also possible.[/QUOTE]

Ermac is such a cheap bastard.

So far raiden and liu kang are on my shortlist. I haven't put much time into it the last couple of days because I've been wanting to play online.

How do you do 'wake up' attacks? The computer does them occasionally but I don't specifically see them in the moves list.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']List right now:
Ermac, Cyrax, Smoke, Noob, Raiden.

I'm still hammering out the kinks while beating arcade ladder, though.[/QUOTE] Oops! Forgot to add Noob!

[quote name='BlueScrote']Ermac is such a cheap bastard.

So far raiden and liu kang are on my shortlist. I haven't put much time into it the last couple of days because I've been wanting to play online.

How do you do 'wake up' attacks? The computer does them occasionally but I don't specifically see them in the moves list.[/QUOTE]
I don't think Ermac is that bad, actually. Shang-Tsung has some real cheap moves, though.

I'm not sure how you do wake-up attacks, I keep doing them by accident just playing normally, though.

Edit: So like, I'm a game reviewer at this one site now and I don't know how to write a biography for myself. I've been using my current biography for like, the last 8 years.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']
Edit: So like, I'm a game reviewer at this one site now and I don't know how to write a biography for myself. I've been using my current biography for like, the last 8 years.[/QUOTE]

Don't write one. I assure you, whatever you write in that box will come off as 100% lame, 100% of the time. Just look at facebook. Asking people to write about themselves is almost always a terrible idea.

[quote name='linkpwns']Don't write one. I assure you, whatever you write in that box will come off as 100% lame, 100% of the time. Just look at facebook. Asking people to write about themselves is almost always a terrible idea.[/QUOTE]
I think my current biography I put on everything is completely awesome. :cool:

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I think my current biography I put on everything is completely awesome. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Most people do :p
Though, if it's a game review site, I suppose just try to write about your gaming preferences and whatnot. Try to avoid fandom like, "OMFG, I LUV MK9. SO GOO. FATALITIES ARE COOL, CAUSE IM 12!"
Stick with something like, "I mostly play fighters and JRPGs, I also like a good SHMUP. I like games like..."
This may sound like common sense, but I've seen some fucking terrible Biographies

[quote name='linkpwns']Most people do :p
Though, if it's a game review site, I suppose just try to write about your gaming preferences and whatnot. Try to avoid fandom like, "OMFG, I LUV MK9. SO GOO. FATALITIES ARE COOL, CAUSE IM 12!"
Stick with something like, "I mostly play fighters and JRPGs, I also like a good SHMUP. I like games like..."
This may sound like common sense, but I've seen some fucking terrible Biographies[/QUOTE]
Here's what I've been using the last 8 or so years-

Born in Cambodia to a robot named Chinchilla, I AM IRON MAN.

I won't pick a character in MK9 until I buy it. Which might take a while.

MM10 Mr. Perfect Update: Got to Wily 4 this morning. I think I'm going to be stuck there for quite a while. I can beat Solar Man no problem, am about 60% for Chill Man and 40% for Sheep Man. Everyone else I haven't gotten to yet but I'm fairly confident about them. Then I'll just have to worry about Wily...yeah...it's going to drive me mad!

bread's done
Back