GGT 111: JSP finally made another one and it will probably be stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
My OCD to have no leftover points on the Wii Shop is making me consider adding 1000 points so that I can get an 800 and 500 point game to give me zero points for the first time since I got the Wii at launch. :lol: After playing the Bit.Trip Runner demo, I'd probably get that for the 800 point game, but I have no idea what NES game I'd get to complete the deal.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']My OCD to have no leftover points on the Wii Shop is making me consider adding 1000 points so that I can get an 800 and 500 point game to give me zero points for the first time since I got the Wii at launch. :lol: After playing the Bit.Trip Runner demo, I'd probably get that for the 800 point game, but I have no idea what NES game I'd get to complete the deal.[/QUOTE]

Have you bought any NES games?

Punch-Out and River City Ransom are both pretty great.

I actually built a spreadsheet to track leftover points :whistle2:(

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Finally got to play some Socom 4 online.

The wait was long, but it was totally worth it.[/QUOTE]

What? PSN is still down for me.

[quote name='wwe101']What? PSN is still down for me.[/QUOTE]
Maybe they are rolling it out in phases? No clue. There weren't too many on Socom, so possibly.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Have you bought any NES games?

Punch-Out and River City Ransom are both pretty great.

I actually built a spreadsheet to track leftover points :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
A few (Ninja Gaiden, Mega Man, Kirby's Adventure, and SMB 1/3), but nothing really stood out to me when I looked at the list of NES games.

[quote name='distgfx']fuckin' sweet, I can finally play some of 'dat AH3 with brobeast.

EDIT: IT WORKS![/QUOTE]

Not for a little while since I'm not going to be around this weekend, but maybe next week assuming it is working for both of us.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Started up Muramasa for the Wii. I decided to use one of my Wavebird, which still works despite the batteries being a few years old. The Wii Remote that's been sitting here for a few months is completely dead. I hope their next system's controller aren't nearly as bad of a battery hog as the Wii Remote is.[/QUOTE]

Wii Remotes suck batteries like crazy. I think they turn themselves on when jumbled around in my drawer. Also, the wavebird is an amazing controller.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']A few (Ninja Gaiden, Mega Man, Kirby's Adventure, and SMB 1/3), but nothing really stood out to me when I looked at the list of NES games.[/QUOTE]

It probably doesn't help that the store interface is awful.

I was wondering why it was so fucking fast. i had thought they made improvements. it's probably just that it's not online for everyone/not everyone knows its back.

I thought you all were just fucking around. I went to the ps website and tried to log in and they still had the maintenance thing up. I almost cried...

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Alright, just finished Twin Peaks. I really hated the second half of Season 2, especially the end of the series.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, after you find out who killed Laura, it kind of goes downhill (The James side-story is absolutely terrible). I did really like the last few episodes though.

[quote name='ihadFG']Yeah, after you find out who killed Laura, it kind of goes downhill (The James side-story is absolutely terrible). I did really like the last few episodes though.[/QUOTE]
Absolutely HATED James' side story. I also didn't like
that Cooper and Audrey didn't get together! I was waiting the whole time for Cooper and Big Ed to really get together with their women. Hated heather Graham in the show, too. She didn't belong with Coop! I liked Windom Earle up until the next to last episode. The show just started to seem like they were heaping shit upon shit that didn't matter and got in the way of the normal human aspects of the story.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Wii Remotes suck batteries like crazy. I think they turn themselves on when jumbled around in my drawer. Also, the wavebird is an amazing controller.[/QUOTE]
They probably draw a certain amount of power so that you can turn the system on whenever, but the PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers don't drain this quickly when they're off.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Absolutely HATED James' side story. I also didn't like
that Cooper and Audrey didn't get together! I was waiting the whole time for Cooper and Big Ed to really get together with their women. Hated heather Graham in the show, too. She didn't belong with Coop! I liked Windom Earle up until the next to last episode. The show just started to seem like they were heaping shit upon shit that didn't matter and got in the way of the normal human aspects of the story.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hated how Windom Earle was built up to be this awesome mastermind, and he ended up being an idiot. With the Coop/Audrey thing though, I think it works best as the forbidden love kind of thing in my opinion. What I really liked about the end though was all the stuff with the Black Lodge finally coming to light.

[quote name='ihadFG']
Yeah, I hated how Windom Earle was built up to be this awesome mastermind, and he ended up being an idiot. With the Coop/Audrey thing though, I think it works best as the forbidden love kind of thing in my opinion. What I really liked about the end though was all the stuff with the Black Lodge finally coming to light.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, after watching it I seriously wondered how they got away with the whole Windom Earle thing, he is literally one of the shittiest villains ever. The whole way he acted was just stupid. I don't know about Coop/Audrey, I really wanted to see them get together. I cared about that more than Laura's death. It just seemed like something that really should've happened.

I liked how they explained stuff about the Lodge, but there was too much they ddn't cover. And what happened to Cooper? Does he get his body back? Does the movie end better than the series?

Also, were you as surprised as I was that Ben Horne turned out to be Donna's real dad?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']
Yeah, after watching it I seriously wondered how they got away with the whole Windom Earle thing, he is literally one of the shittiest villains ever. The whole way he acted was just stupid. I don't know about Coop/Audrey, I really wanted to see them get together. I cared about that more than Laura's death. It just seemed like something that really should've happened.

I liked how they explained stuff about the Lodge, but there was too much they ddn't cover. And what happened to Cooper? Does he get his body back? Does the movie end better than the series?

Also, were you as surprised as I was that Ben Horne turned out to be Donna's real dad?
[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree that I wanted Coop and Audrey to be together at the time, but in retrospect I still think it works best with them not actually ending up together.

As for the movie, it's a prequel, so don't get your hopes up for it to tie everything neatly together. There are implications in it though. I don't see the ending as something that was meant to be final. I think the series got canceled before they could finish the story.

As for the Ben Horne thing, I actually predicted that fairly early on. There were plenty of subtle hints throughout the series.

I'm with ihadfg on pretty much everything. I think Coop / Audrey was better as "forbidden love" and I thought the thing with Ben wasn't that hard to see coming. The Black Lodge stuff was great but I wish it could've gone deeper.

Agreed with both though that the James thing was fucking stupid.

From what I hear, there was supposed to be a 3rd season which is why basically every characters story was left open.

Also, am I crazy, or is Peggy Lipton (Norma Jennings in the show) like the hottest milf ever?

PS: I wish Hawk got more screen time... he was sweet.

After quite a bit of frustration I beat what I expected to be the final boss in Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones, instead turns out it wasn't and after the cutscene played the game freezes during a loading screen. What is wrong with these games?! I don't think I've played any games as glitchy as the Prince of Persia games.

These are even the PS3 ports, but apparently they didn't do anything to fix the glitches of the original releases.

I just beat Mass Effect 2 on Insanity. Overall, despite some early bullshit
Archangel Mission
it went really well. I accidently gave Legion over to Cerberus so I didn't have him, but I saved everyone else. Now I just need to beat Lair of the Shadow Broker on Insanity or Hardcore and I'll be done with Mass Effect 2. I'll go with Hardcore though because I need a break from Insanity.

[quote name='ihadFG']
I don't disagree that I wanted Coop and Audrey to be together at the time, but in retrospect I still think it works best with them not actually ending up together.

As for the movie, it's a prequel, so don't get your hopes up for it to tie everything neatly together. There are implications in it though. I don't see the ending as something that was meant to be final. I think the series got canceled before they could finish the story.

As for the Ben Horne thing, I actually predicted that fairly early on. There were plenty of subtle hints throughout the series.
[/QUOTE]Aww, that sucks. I was really hoping there would be some closure. :(

fuck, I need to rewatch it to catch the hints.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']
I'm with ihadfg on pretty much everything. I think Coop / Audrey was better as "forbidden love" and I thought the thing with Ben wasn't that hard to see coming. The Black Lodge stuff was great but I wish it could've gone deeper.

Agreed with both though that the James thing was fucking stupid.

From what I hear, there was supposed to be a 3rd season which is why basically every characters story was left open.

Also, am I crazy, or is Peggy Lipton (Norma Jennings in the show) like the hottest milf ever?

PS: I wish Hawk got more screen time... he was sweet.
[/QUOTE] I really wish there had been a 3rd season. It really needed it. I totally agree on Norma! She was smokin' hot. Hawk's a badass, too.

Pretty good day altogether. Found out I basically have this job, the boss is just shifting people around first because he doesn't want to make me work 2nd shift, the girlfriend is buying her tickets to come down here on June 18th, and I'm gonna be done with Dawson.

[quote name='KingBroly']I just beat Mass Effect 2 on Insanity. Overall, despite some early bullshit
Archangel Mission
it went really well. I accidently gave Legion over to Cerberus so I didn't have him, but I saved everyone else. Now I just need to beat Lair of the Shadow Broker on Insanity or Hardcore and I'll be done with Mass Effect 2. I'll go with Hardcore though because I need a break from Insanity.[/QUOTE]

Archangel mission wasn't bad when I did it... I'm mainly dreading anything with Scions or YMIR-Mechs.
Horizon and the Reaper Ship (trap) were the two worst spots that I remember during my soldier playthrough on 360... will be interesting to see how it changes as an infiltrator.

Why do you need to do shadowbroker on Hardcore or higher?

So uh... it's raining/hailing here pretty badly. I get a knock on the door and it's a hot girl who was out getting people to sign a petition. She got stuck in the weather, so I slammed the door in her face and told her to get off my porch.

I let her in.

[quote name='distgfx']So uh... it's raining/hailing here pretty badly. I get a knock on the door and it's a hot girl who was out getting people to sign a petition. She got stuck in the weather, so I slammed the door in her face and told her to get off my porch.

I let her in.
[/QUOTE]

But the real question is,
did she let you in? ;)

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']What is outland?[/QUOTE]
A wanna-be Metroidvania that was made for hipsters, basically due it's art-style choice of loading the game with neon colors

[quote name='Seifer']A wanna-be Metroidvania that was made for hipsters, basically due it's art-style choice of loading the game with neon colors[/QUOTE]

There is so much wrong with this that it hurts.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']But is it a game[/QUOTE]
Yes it is a game, as I said before "a wanna-be Metroidvania", so it's actually good, just the art-style bothered me....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Skizye']I wish Cave would show some love to the PS3 :cry:[/QUOTE]

Hell, I wish Sony would show some love to the PS3.

[quote name='distgfx']So uh...

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/05/12/deathsmiles-2x-dodges-retail-hits-games-on-demand-next-week/

A Games on Demand game without a domestic disc release, no translation, and you're forced to use a CC to buy it. It's nice that the first two things are allowed, but CC only? Blah.

At least you can pay with paypal now.

EDIT: It would appear you can use your moon money on it, I thought that was kind of weird.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's this upcoming Tuesday. I guess I really need to go buy some points then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back