GGT 131 Has got dat ice cold water, and it's only $1

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'd much prefer TAS costume take on the same way that they tried with the Batman Beyond suit.
[/QUOTE]

I don't know why they didn't give the beyond costume the same look as the TAS model. It would look much better with flat black rather than six pack muscles.

Can we refrain from putting giant pictures outside of spoiler tags?

[quote name='BlueScrote']Can we refrain from putting giant pictures outside of spoiler tags?[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to ghettoize my pictures?!!! I don't appreciate you comparing them to cockroaches you know.

Seriously though I can put them in spoiler tags, not sure what the big deal is though, since it's just game artwork. (Unless you're browsing CAG on a dial-up modem or something).

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']I like seeing Justin Wong get beat up in SF3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS7hkwbKmBM&feature=player_embedded

I seriously can't wait for SF3rd Strike Online to come out, we are having a GGT night for that on Xbox[/QUOTE]

Love that they put that in 3SOE as a top challenge under parrying! :whee:
Have fun with JimboSlice while the rest of us are fighting it out on PS3. :lol:
I've got 1200 points set aside for a copy on 360 too... don't worry.
Anyone hear from Jimbo since EVO?

--

http://kotaku.com/5826593/it-looks-...ying-saucer-but-it-plays-a-little-differently

--

Vita launches October 28th?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']He isn't an adult, he's only 16ish in this. I don't see him looking like an adult at all. He's just Tim Drake with Damian Wayne's haircut. I can see how you think he looks like Chris O'Donnell now since you're someone that doesn't delve into the deeper Batman stuff. I wish I could wash the Chris O'Donnell from your mind so you could better enjoy him in this game, my friend. :cry:[/QUOTE]
I do delve deeply into Batman lore and I think Robin looks terrible. If it's supposed to be Tim Drake then he looks nothing like Tim and and looks stupid in general. If it's supposed to be Damian then he still looks nothing like him (Damian doesn't have a shaved head and is not that old).

The whole point of Robin is to be a counter of Batman. He's the one part of Batman's life that keeps him from going over the edge. Anyone who is deep into Batman lore would know this. The entire reason Tim became Robin was he noticed Batman was becoming too extreme and deduced that it was because there was no Robin at the time. Tim being all grim as the artwork suggests goes against his character completely. As for Damian, he is a counter as well since he's Robin at a time when Dick is Batman. Dick being a much more lighthearted person needed a "darker" Robin. So if it is an older Damian, then it completely ruins the point of Batman having Robin at all. Finally, if it's just a made up Robin then that's just stupid when you have four Robins to choose from.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

Vita launches October 28th?[/QUOTE]
I just saw that. I think they're going for it because of the 3DS pricedrop.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I do delve deeply into Batman lore and I think Robin looks terrible. If it's supposed to be Tim Drake then he looks nothing like Tim and and looks stupid in general. If it's supposed to be Damian then he still looks nothing like him (Damian doesn't have a shaved head and is not that old).

The whole point of Robin is to be a counter of Batman. He's the one part of Batman's life that keeps him from going over the edge. Anyone who is deep into Batman lore would know this. The entire reason Tim became Robin was he noticed Batman was becoming too extreme and deduced that it was because there was no Robin at the time. Tim being all grim as the artwork suggests goes against his character completely. As for Damian, he is a counter as well since he's Robin at a time when Dick is Batman. Dick being a much more lighthearted person needed a "darker" Robin. So if it is an older Damian, then it completely ruins the point of Batman having Robin at all. Finally, if it's just a made up Robin then that's just stupid when you have four Robins to choose from.[/QUOTE]
I literally think the hair looks just like Damian's just a teensy bit shorter. And I don't get how you think the artwork is suggesting that Robin's dark in this game, it's just black and white like the art with Batman and Catwoman and he is posing. They've already said it's Jason Todd with Damian's hair and a mix of both their costumes, maybe it'll be a blen of their attitudes as well. They haven't been specific on how he acts, I think the fact that they put two together mainly speaks to the fact that they wanted to use Tim but he isn't Robin in the reboot so they had to make him look as close to Damian as possible.

I would get 3rd Strike on PS3 expect
I don't own a PS3

Looks like Lollipop Chainsaw is being published here in America by Warner Brothers. Expect the game to tank and be 20 bucks in 2 months

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I literally think the hair looks just like Damian's just a teensy bit shorter. And I don't get how you think the artwork is suggesting that Robin's dark in this game, it's just black and white like the art with Batman and Catwoman and he is posing. They've already said it's Jason Todd with Damian's hair and a mix of both their costumes, maybe it'll be a blen of their attitudes as well. They haven't been specific on how he acts, I think the fact that they put two together mainly speaks to the fact that they wanted to use Tim but he isn't Robin in the reboot so they had to make him look as close to Damian as possible.[/QUOTE]
If his atittude is different than what the artwork suggests then it's just a terrible design. That is far more than a teensy bit shorter than Damian's hair:
damian-wayne.jpg

Also I highly doubt the DC reboot is affecting what they do with the game, and if it was why would it affect only Robin's look? The fact of the matter is that Robin was redesigned to appeal to the insecure male gamer who enjoys CoD, and it sucks.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']The fact of the matter is that Robin was redesigned to appeal to the insecure male gamer who enjoys CoD, and it sucks.[/QUOTE]

At least they like blondes with huge breasts though. :roll:

Mainstream, always ruining our (game) characters.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']If his atittude is different than what the artwork suggests then it's just a terrible design. That is far more than a teensy bit shorter than Damian's hair:

Also I highly doubt the DC reboot is affecting what they do with the game, and if it was why would it affect only Robin's look? The fact of the matter is that Robin was redesigned to appeal to the insecure male gamer who enjoys CoD, and it sucks.[/QUOTE]
I really doubt it was to make an appeal. I think it was supposed to clearly look like Damian because in this new reality Tim was not a Robin (unless you count the Red Robin) and Damian is. It's supposed to appear to the people that don't know the lore that the current Robin is the Robin in this game. Or it may be that Dini is doing this because he did the same thing in Batman The New Adventures when he mixed Jason Todd and Tim Drake together into one character and just called them Tim Drake, he is a fan of doing that kind of thing.

Also, I can't find a picture but it was in either Batgirl or Batman and Robin (or maybe RIP?) that Damian had a high and tight and I think that's what the hair is supposed to be.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']If his atittude is different than what the artwork suggests then it's just a terrible design. That is far more than a teensy bit shorter than Damian's hair[/img]

Also I highly doubt the DC reboot is affecting what they do with the game, and if it was why would it affect only Robin's look? The fact of the matter is that Robin was redesigned to appeal to the insecure male gamer who enjoys CoD, and it sucks.[/QUOTE]

Yup. And this was the complaint I saw against the Batman Beyond costume too (and I agree with it mostly). If you want to put a Beyond easter egg/skin in, and you can change the skin to look goofy for TAS skin, then make it look like Terry, man. :roll:

Going to see if I can get some frames tonight for all the artwork I got at Otakon, so I can hopefully hang that all up soon.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

Vita launches October 28th?[/QUOTE]

I think it's too early and there hasn't been an official announcement from Sony as of yet.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']So who besides Frosty and I are getting a Vita at launch?[/QUOTE]

October 28th might be a bit early -- it's on my Christmas list... as to whether or not I wait for Christmas... well, that depends on my finances and the launch lineup, I suppose. The oddesst thing is that October 28th is, what, 4 days before Uncharted 3? Are they really going to launch Vita with Golden Abyss or whatever alongside Uncharted 3?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']So who besides Frosty and I are getting a Vita at launch?[/QUOTE]

I'll probably hold off till a game I can't live without is announced and nearing launch.

Probably not, I'll just wait for it to drop in price or I might trade in my PSP for it.

Powa 2 teh playas.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']October 28th might be a bit early -- it's on my Christmas list... as to whether or not I wait for Christmas... well, that depends on my finances and the launch lineup, I suppose. The oddesst thing is that October 28th is, what, 4 days before Uncharted 3? Are they really going to launch Vita with Golden Abyss or whatever alongside Uncharted 3?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the release date is one of the reasons I was asking. If it really releases at the end of October then I will be busy as shit and I know that I will not have a reason to get it unless I have friends that will be getting it too and may want to play something together. If I don't have a reason to get the console when it comes out then I'll probably not get around to picking it up for a looooong time.

Waiting for a severe price drop or until I see 2-3 got to have it games that isn't just a rehash of a PS3 franchise.

I may grab the Vita.

[quote name='Indignate']Bleach: Soul Resurreccion sounds horrible. I can't wait till it goes on sale so I can buy it.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I've had my fill of mindless button mashing with DWG3 for a while.

EVO, boring.

Vita?, Dumb and gay not a slur for boring/dumb.

Am I the only person here who thinks Alice of WarMadness Returns is really boring/not fun?

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']Quick question: What's a good, possibly cheap fight controller/stick for the 360?[/QUOTE]

good and cheap do not go in the same sentence here. it's a or b.

though if you can find a madcatz fight stick SE, it's close to a TE and you can replace a lot of parts to bring up the quality. stay away from the $50 (MSRP) or so hori ex2 sticks. The tekken 6 stick (ps3) is okay, but it's only okay.

[quote name='icebeast']Are you trying to ghettoize my pictures?!!! I don't appreciate you comparing them to cockroaches you know.

Seriously though I can put them in spoiler tags, not sure what the big deal is though, since it's just game artwork. (Unless you're browsing CAG on a dial-up modem or something).
[/QUOTE]

It's just a pet peeve of mine, No offense was meant.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']The tekken 6 stick (ps3) is okay, but it's only okay.[/QUOTE]

No, it's not, stay away from that piece of crap.

[quote name='distgfx']No, it's not, stay away from that piece of crap.[/QUOTE]

Good thing I didn't get it then, BB had Tekken 6 with the controller for dirt cheap a while back, and I decided not to pick it up

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']Quick question: What's a good, possibly cheap fight controller/stick for the 360?[/QUOTE]

Get the WWE fightpad for $20 or the standard stick for $60 at Gamestop. They have WWE art on them, but it can be modded (much easier to do on the stick) and these are the updated versions of the Mad Catz SF fightpad and standard SF stick from 2 years ago.

Disappointed that the GameSpy Debriefings cast will be doing an independent podcast, though they said that there would be a replacement GameSpy show on IGN that I hope has at least Ryan and Anthony.

[quote name='distgfx']No, it's not, stay away from that piece of crap.[/QUOTE]

I have the ps3 one and it worked just fine while I was modding my TE.
My main complaint against it is the buttons -- but for the purpose it served, I was okay with it.
Now it acts as the second stick in the house if I actually have company over (and they aren't a mashy 8-year-old kid).

It will depend on the launch lineup for me. I'm not getting one until there's a must have game for me or several that I want to play.

I'll have my namco stick ready for when 3sO comes out! I have been practicing another character in addition to Dudley/Chun!

[quote name='distgfx']I'll have my namco stick ready for when 3sO comes out! I have been practicing another character in addition to Dudley/Chun![/QUOTE]

Can't wait to play with you! Too bad I'll probably lose because I'll be paying attention to how loud your stick is ;)

[quote name='Japanese Dorito']Can't wait to play with you! Too bad I'll probably lose because I'll be baying attention to how loud your stick is ;)[/QUOTE]

You wish you could beat your stick as loud as I beat mine.

Lolipop Chainsaw will be mine upon release. :drool:

[quote name='manthing']EVO, boring.

Vita?, Dumb and gay not a slur for boring/dumb.

Am I the only person here who thinks Alice of WarMadness Returns is really boring/not fun?[/QUOTE]
Oh shit, it's Mandingo! Sup, good sir?

I see you are bringing the heat.
[quote name='distgfx']I've learned my lesson about buying products at launch from this gen.[/QUOTE]
Amen. Not beta testing shit again. I've done that enough.
[quote name='distgfx']You wish you could beat your stick as loud as I beat mine.[/QUOTE]
Gross.

[quote name='distgfx']What did he do to you?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what bug the AI got up its ass, but it continually went hyper fireball spam, unbelievably on reaction focus attack beatdown on me after I wiped the floor with the 1st six opponents (using Oni). I've never seen the AI act like that. Not sure if he's programmed like that for the rival battle or what, but it was enough that I said eff this shit and turned AE off.

I think I dig the SSJ4 Evil Ryu costume... one of the things I hated most about Evil Ryu's model was his hair, for whatever reason... replacing it with the SSJ4 heavy metal locks works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back