GGT 150 is Full of Trolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry about it.

[quote name='distgfx']Why ya gotta hate? I worked hard for two of those degrees and I'm still working on the third.[/QUOTE]

What're your degrees in?

[quote name='BlueScrote']What're your degrees in?[/QUOTE]

All IT related, I plan to go for a masters after the the CS degree, too. Well, part time schooling for a masters.

I'm like Chac, I come here to act like an idiot because I can't anywhere else.

[quote name='distgfx']All IT related, I plan to go for a masters after the the CS degree, too. Well, part time schooling for a masters.

I'm like Chac, I come here to act like an idiot because I can't anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

Masters in CS is a waste IMO.

Got to
the third scarecrow part
in AA.
Still took me by surprise

[quote name='BlueScrote']Masters in CS is a waste IMO.

Got to
the third scarecrow part
in AA.
Still took me by surprise
[/QUOTE]

It's more for personal gratification than anything. I'd really only go for it if I happen to get an employer that would be willing to fund it.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']From personal experience, having a master's degree in anything /= intelligence.

It just says "I slugged it out, did work, and paid money."[/QUOTE]

Meanwhile, hank spent that time sticking pomegranates up his asshole to see if his sense of feeling had come back after being gangbanged by 8 black men.

Meanwhile, Chac has rich parents and goes to one of the most expensive law schools in the country so he can be a corporate lawyer AKA one of the bad guys down the line since he didn't have to put his plans to go to school on hold because Real Life didn't derail them.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Meanwhile, Chac has rich parents and goes to one of the most expensive law schools in the country so he can be a corporate lawyer AKA one of the bad guys down the line since he didn't have to put his plans to go to school on hold because Real Life didn't derail them.[/QUOTE]

Gosh, it sounds like I won :booty:

[quote name='distgfx']It's more for personal gratification than anything. I'd really only go for it if I happen to get an employer that would be willing to fund it.[/QUOTE]

fair enough. I have a CS degree, but I would rather go back for an MBA if my employer paid for it. I honestly don't think I would get much out of a Masters in CS, it's all stuff I could learn on my own.

[quote name='BlueScrote']fair enough. I have a CS degree, but I would rather go back for an MBA if my employer paid for it. I honestly don't think I would get much out of a Masters in CS, it's all stuff I could learn on my own.[/QUOTE]

But you could say you have a masters in CS at least... I guess?

ill have my CS degree completed in the summer, not entirely confident in what's been taught to me thus far though. As in, my school's entire course philosophy is a program that's due every week, and then a few exams. no hands on or real world connections into how exactly i'm supposed to use any of this shit.

[quote name='panzerfaust']ill have my CS degree completed in the summer, not entirely confident in what's been taught to me thus far though. As in, my school's entire course philosophy is a program that's due every week, and then a few exams. no hands on or real world connections into how exactly i'm supposed to use any of this shit.[/QUOTE]

Have you asked your advisor if your school maybe offers some classes like that? I know mine has a software engineering class designed to show you how to apply your skills in the real world, as if you were developing a real piece of software from start to finish for a client.

[quote name='ihadFG']Have you asked your advisor if your school maybe offers some classes like that? I know mine has a software engineering class designed to show you how to apply your skills in the real world, as if you were developing a real piece of software from start to finish for a client.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like it would actually be worth doing. Real world work experience.

[quote name='distgfx']But you could say you have a masters in CS at least... I guess?[/QUOTE]

I have three degrees, two BS and one MS;
I can honestly say the MS in CS looks best on my resume and helps when I need that distinction against other candidates for a job.

Seriously, in a world where corporations need to weed out the fluff in the thousands upon thousands of resumes they go through and do so by tossing out everything under a certain GPA (for example), every little bit helps.

The Beat Hazard Ultra demo did a great job in integrating my music into the game, as it automatically added the first two songs from the first artist that I have on my HDD to try out the game with.

The Dungeon Defenders demo is broken, as my character cannot move at all. Decided to try it with Move and now I can move around, though the tutorial wasn't designed for Move at all. Seems like a big mistake to support a peripheral but not give people a way to learn how to play the game with it.

[quote name='Indignate']Dungeon Defenders actually came out?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, though maybe they'll find the time to finish it before the end of 2012.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I have three degrees, two BS and one MS;
I can honestly say the MS in CS looks best on my resume and helps when I need that distinction against other candidates for a job.

Seriously, in a world where corporations need to weed out the fluff in the thousands upon thousands of resumes they go through and do so by tossing out everything under a certain GPA (for example), every little bit helps.[/QUOTE]

I graduated with a 3.9 :roll:

It's all about work experience IMO. Definitely try and get an internship or co-op. I've been meaning to start some side projects on my own.

Yeah I know, the previous Dante was really awesome, in a "things I thought were cool in the fifth grade" kinda way. Surf that mannequin! Scarf that pizza! Giving a thumbs-ups is still cool! I'm being sarcastic of course. The new emo Dante is kinda douchey but I'll take that over the embarrassment we had in DMCs 1 and 3 (although he is alot better in DMC 2 and the anime)

are other people on CAG capable of trolling or is this guy for real?

[quote name='panzerfaust']are other people on CAG capable of trolling or is this guy for real?[/QUOTE]

He's probably for real, because CAG outside of the GGT is a cesspool.

Finally fixed my Dungeon Defenders issue. The problem was apparently caused by the fact that I turn on my PS3 with my BT remote, which I'm kind of surprised is a thing that could cause any game to have troubles. I turned off my system, used a DS3 to turn it on, and I could finally play with a controller.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Finally fixed my Dungeon Defenders issue. The problem was apparently caused by the fact that I turn on my PS3 with my BT remote, which I'm kind of surprised is a thing that could cause any game to have troubles. I turned off my system, used a DS3 to turn it on, and I could finally play with a controller.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, maybe Sony will fix this issue with a future firmware update?

Actually who the fuck am I kidding? They only give us updates to try and stop pirates and hackers, not actually add any new features or fix bugs.

[quote name='Chacrana']He's probably for real, because CAG outside of the GGT is a cesspool.[/QUOTE]

I thought we were the cesspool? Isn't that why Rei left?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Amen.

In reality, the GGT isn't locked up with CAG, rather, the rest of CAG is locked up with the GGT.[/QUOTE]

tru.dat.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I walked in a straight line down a hallway today, felt like I was playing FFXIII.[/QUOTE]

Did you do it in a melodramatic kind of way?

[quote name='Indignate']Did you do it in a melodramatic kind of way?[/QUOTE]
Some dude named Snow was talking about saving everyone or some shit, I don't know. Dude's lame.

Would rather have this Snow talking to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StlMdNcvCJo

[quote name='panzerfaust']get a preemptive strike on any bitches?[/QUOTE]
I wish.

That'll have to wait for the weekend. :bouncy:

It's not a Sony issue since no other PS3 game I've played has been affected by that. It's a bug that the dev needs to fix with a patch ASAP.

It's a slow game, as I quit the demo about halfway through a mission and that took about 30 minutes or so to do. Due to this bug and there not being a launch sale for PS+, I'll wait for word of a patch to fix that and maybe a sale at some point down the road. I have enough playable games to play for now.

[quote name='ihadFG']Well, to be fair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8qG4AlK1qk[/QUOTE]

And to make a rebuttal:

dmc_dante_ii_by_animesucker-d337h2e.jpg

[quote name='BlueScrote']I graduated with a 3.9 :roll:

It's all about work experience IMO. Definitely try and get an internship or co-op. I've been meaning to start some side projects on my own.[/QUOTE]

Work experience is good, but if you don't have it, it's still all about GPA -- my best friend had ~3.0 and my company wouldn't look at people under 3.5 just to keep out the fluff. It's not that they don't know that people with lower GPAs can do amazing things (sometimes better than those with 3.9s :p), it's that they *need* SOMETHING to sort on.

My point was an MS degree isn't as useless as people make it out to be sometimes. Especially if you can get someone else to foot the tab.

[quote name='distgfx']And to make a rebuttal:

[/QUOTE]

I wasn't saying the new Dante doesn't seem stupid. Just that DMC1 Dante was pretty hilarious as well.

[quote name='ihadFG']I wasn't saying the new Dante doesn't seem stupid. Just that DMC1 Dante was pretty hilarious as well.[/QUOTE]

arherthateheathdgnhfgnrf

[quote name='hankmecrankme']The reason I don't want to play DmC is because fucking NINJA THEORY is making it.[/QUOTE]

Josh is going to try and defend it.

Enslaved wasn't that bad!

Neither was the holocaust, by his accommodating standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back