GGT 158 Gives Thanks For SlickDeals & Fatwallet. ihadfg got a free facial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Halo05']Yes we should.

I almost went over to best buy to try and get the 3ds Zelda bundle. Then I remembered that Nintendo will release a better 3ds within 18 months and I already hardly play my PSP or DS.[/QUOTE]

Will it even be a 3ds? If this bundle and a price drop aren't enough, Nintendo will move on if they haven't already.

DS had a slow start too, I don't think Nintendo is ready to write off the 3ds without at least one redesign. The DS didn't really explode until the lite came out.

Finally got out of BB. The cashier, Sarah, knows some Guy who is represented as a statue in the game Rage. She talked a lot. I think she had too much expression.

Hm, they have $199.99 ps3 bundles here at Sony style store.

Some decent deals on other nice sorny products as well.

/tmk

so far meh deals for anything for black friday... though my pickups I'm very happy with:

Cthulu Saves the World / Breath of Death ($1)
PS3 Dual Shock 3 (been wanting to replace my leftover sixaxis to have two DS3s)
Serious Sam Random Encounter (

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

I'll drive to your house and slap you if you haven't played bulletstorm yet and don't grab it for that price. For $10, I'd rebuy on steam even though I kept my PS3 copy. And Sanctum is probably worth $2.50 if you like the idea of mixing FPS with tower defense. I approve. The other two? I've heard Dead Island is a mess and BF3... well, depends on if you like that sort of game, I guess. But if you have halo/gears/mw3/etc. do you really need BF3 for $30 or can you wait for it to go lower?[/QUOTE]

I'll probably hold off on dead island and BF3. Will pick up Bulletstorm if it doesn't go any lower during the sale. Undecided on Sanctum.

got sanctum in the indie royale pack... havent even touched it yet >_< along with a large number of other games...

I've spent more in November on gaming than I have in the past year >_<

I'll be occupied with stuff for a long while.

Steam residents: Deus Ex: HR is $20 at amazon and redeemable on steam, I think; do we think DE:HR will hit lower than that before the end of the year?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Where is Dead Island 20 bucks? If it's PC just shut up[/QUOTE]

That's not something I would say, you dolt. If you're going to impersonate me, at least get it right.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Steam residents: Deus Ex: HR is $20 at amazon and redeemable on steam, I think; do we think DE:HR will hit lower than that before the end of the year?[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I'm not impersonating you, I'm impersonating uraizen impersonating JSP who is also mikey.[/QUOTE]

You're doing a terrible job of it, because all I see is me all over. You have my avatar, my title, my XBL GT, my PSN ID and my location. If you're supposed to be impersonating me impersonating JSP who is also mikey, at least mix it up a bit.

[quote name='distgfx']You're doing a terrible job of it, because all I see is me all over. You have my avatar, my title, my XBL GT, my PSN ID and my location. If you're supposed to be impersonating me impersonating JSP who is also mikey, at least mix it up a bit.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, I figure if you were impersonating me, you'd put so little effort into it that you wouldn't change a thing, instead just making ever post as stupid as possible.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']The thing is, I figure if you were impersonating me, you'd put so little effort into it that you wouldn't change a thing, instead just making ever post as stupid as possible.[/QUOTE]

You still put in more effort than I would have. I would have just taken the avatar and title, but you went the extra mile. Therefore, you are not as lazy as I. Hence, you cannot be me in any way shape or form. I'm too lazy to explain the rest.

[quote name='distgfx']You still put in more effort than I would have. I would have just taken the avatar and title, but you went the extra mile. Therefore, you are not as lazy as I. Hence, you cannot be me in any way shape or form. I'm too lazy to explain the rest.[/QUOTE]

ex_taylor_as_jacob(1).jpg

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']
ex_taylor_as_jacob(1).jpg
[/QUOTE]

Man that guy looks hideous with long hair... but you shorten the hair and make him topless and... :drool:

HQ-JACOB-twilight-crepusculo-8511492-410-724.jpg

[quote name='Halo05']DS had a slow start too, I don't think Nintendo is ready to write off the 3ds without at least one redesign. The DS didn't really explode until the lite came out.[/QUOTE]

I think Super Land 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 will allow the 3DS to do just fine this holiday.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Went ahead and ordered Tactics Ogre, probably my only Black Friday purchase unless something awesome pops up.[/QUOTE]

That's not something I would order.

Mannn, plasma's are stressful. I'm constantly worrying about burn-in with anything I do and I've been reading online that its very vulnerable in the first 100 hours of viewing. And that you should run these colored slides for a hundred hours straight before using it normally. Wtf? I can't do that... and all the alternative prevention measures sound stressful.

[quote name='gunm']Finally got out of BB. The cashier, Sarah, knows some Guy who is represented as a statue in the game Rage. She talked a lot. I think she had too much expression.[/QUOTE]

Was she cute?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Mannn, plasma's are stressful. I'm constantly worrying about burn-in with anything I do and I've been reading online that its very vulnerable in the first 100 hours of viewing. And that you should run these colored slides for a hundred hours straight before using it normally. Wtf? I can't do that... and all the alternative prevention measures sound stressful.[/QUOTE]

I didn't do any of the prep stuff and mine has been going strong for like 4 1/2 years without any issues. If you're playing something with crosshairs forever in the middle of the screen, just make sure you do something (pause the game, switch inputs, turn off the TV) every couple hours for like 3 minutes and nothing will stick.

lol man, functional games with all placeholder graphics always make me smile... been working on this for the past few hours for one of my classes getting it to function before redoing graphics and intro and outro screens... plus another game as well in dev for same class

placeholders.png

the other game has a built in room generator but it's mostly chaos right now... inspired by roguelikes.

Been programming both to work with NES controllers as well ^_^

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']lol man, functional games with all placeholder graphics always make me smile... been working on this for the past few hours for one of my classes... plus another game thing as well

placeholders.png

the other game has a built in room generator but it's mostly chaos right now... inspired by roguelikes.[/QUOTE]

At least you make your own stuff, I use sprites I find online as placeholders. Last time I used Phoenix Wright sprites, it was sweet. I am not a artistically talented man.

I'm really loving Zelda Skyward Sword. 26 hours in, just saved at the start of the 4th dungeon (out of 7 I think).

Wii graphics look pretty bad on my HD TV (lots of jaggies etc.), but the art design is great. The motion controls actually work well and add to the game for once. And the Dungeon design etc. is top notch thus far. If it keeps the quality bar this high it will rank near the best Zelda games.

[quote name='distgfx']At least you make your own stuff, I use sprites I find online as placeholders. Last time I used Phoenix Wright sprites, it was sweet.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what the game above will look like other than it will have Pugs as grenades (and yes, the pug grenades have their graphics and code put in already)

I use sprites online as well, but for placeholders temporarily and even rarer in finished stuff.

Most of my placeholders start as color blocks and sometimes even stay that way in final version, only animated to be weird near end.

The other game I have looks bland as fuck in pics, but is fucking crazy in motion (ie. color strobing and randomized loading textures)

swa.png

i should put seizure warnings >_

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I have no idea what the game above will look like other than it will have Pugs as grenades (and yes, the pug grenades have their graphics and code put in already)

I use sprites online as well, but for placeholders temporarily and even rarer in finished stuff.

Most of my placeholders start as color blocks and sometimes even stay that way in final version, only animated to be weird near end.

The other game I have looks bland as fuck in pics, but is fucking crazy in motion (ie. color strobing and randomized loading textures)

swa.png

i should put seizure warnings >_

[quote name='distgfx']How is that "level" being generated? Are you reading it from an external file with a layout you created or something similar? If so, what are you using? Last time I did something like this, it was just reading from a text file, it was so ghetto. I'm not too into game design, I like to fuck around sometimes, though.[/QUOTE]

I primarily fuck around, then try to get it to function into a "thing" or "game" so I understand >_<

I'm doing a bullshit method that actually looks nice in motion when done: I have an object (called the Destroyer... pretty straightforward), that is a certain size and randomizes its movement around a room filled with blocks that it destroys whenever it touches one of them. Every time the player crosses the edge of the game room it loads up the destroyer with a new set of blocks. It then moves the player to the proper side of the screen (ie. if I hit the right side of the screen I appear on the left side in the next room... etc)... and so on and so on... spawn enemies, etc. rinse, repeat

was broken for the past 2 weeks and yesterday finally got it fixed ^_^

I'm a shitty programmer and I want to get these up running fast so I'm using GameMaker :p

[quote name='gunm']Finally got out of BB. The cashier, Sarah, knows some Guy who is represented as a statue in the game Rage. She talked a lot. I think she had too much expression.[/QUOTE]

I meant to say "expresso". Stupid touch phone keypad.

I ended up following the wife around to all the malls she wanted to visit today. She was nice enough to go to malls that had Sony Styles, Best Buy, or Apple Stores so I had something to do. >_<

Sony Style was fun. They had tons of $199.99 playstation holiday bundles. I almost wish I had more rooms in the house so I could justify buying a third one. :p

Today's been weird as fuck. I fell asleep and woke up to a couple of my girl friends acting really sweet on me through texts. I feel like I seriously missed something somewhere.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I primarily fuck around, then try to get it to function into a "thing" or "game" so I understand >_<

I'm doing a bullshit method that actually looks nice in motion when done: I have an object (called the Destroyer... pretty straightforward), that is a certain size and randomizes its movement around a room filled with blocks that it destroys whenever it touches one of them. Every time the player crosses the edge of the game room it loads up the destroyer with a new set of blocks. It then moves the player to the proper side of the screen (ie. if I hit the right side of the screen I appear on the left side in the next room... etc)... and so on and so on... spawn enemies, etc. rinse, repeat

was broken for the past 2 weeks and yesterday finally got it fixed ^_^

I'm a shitty programmer and I want to get these up running fast so I'm using GameMaker :p[/QUOTE]

Thanks to you, I just spent 40 minutes looking up graphics libraries, good job. I have a major senior project to do soon-ish and the only thing I need is approval from my instructor to do whatever I choose. As long as it demonstrated proficiency in my field. So uh, I'm just gathering ideas for a while.

---------

Is this the GameMaker you're talking about?

http://www.yoyogames.com/make

[quote name='distgfx']Thanks to you, I just spent 40 minutes looking up graphics libraries, good job. I have a major senior project to do soon-ish and the only thing I need is approval from my instructor to do whatever I choose. As long as it demonstrated proficiency in my field. So uh, I'm just gathering ideas for a while.

---------

Is this the GameMaker you're talking about?

http://www.yoyogames.com/make[/QUOTE]

Let me know if you need any resources since sometimes stuff like that can be a bitch.

yeah that's the gamemaker i'm using. There's going to be a release soon that can export to Windows, ios, OSX, and HTML5 which I hope to use later.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Let me know if you need any resources since sometimes stuff like that can be a bitch.[/QUOTE]

I'm good, but thanks.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Today's been weird as fuck. I fell asleep and woke up to a couple of my girl friends acting really sweet on me through texts. I feel like I seriously missed something somewhere.[/QUOTE]

It's that Joel Swag.

I walked into Kmart earlier today with some and got dat number.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']good luck though. I honestly hate programming most of the time till the damn thing works.[/QUOTE]

Really? That must suck.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']We should all make a fighting game.[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='Indignate']It's that Joel Swag.

I walked into Kmart earlier today with some and got dat number.[/QUOTE]Really? That's great! I'm really proud of you, dawg!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']in I think every five years I always have friend's asking to make one... It's hard as fuck honestly...
[/QUOTE]I totally believe that it's hard. It's been something I've wanted to do for a long time because I keep coming up with characters with all these crazy fighting styles all the time and they just seem like they'd fit in a fighting game perfectly. I know literally nothing about programming or balancing though, so I can't make it.

[quote name='distgfx']
No.[/QUOTE]
I know :cry:

[quote name='CaptainJoel']
I totally believe that it's hard. It's been something I've wanted to do for a long time because I keep coming up with characters with all these crazy fighting styles all the time and they just seem like they'd fit in a fighting game perfectly. I know literally nothing about programming or balancing though, so I can't make it.
[/QUOTE]

Learn how code functions and just be good at writing pseudo code and you have a career of a game designer to look forward to... I just can't promise it'll be a good one.

just do a reboot of Homies

Homies_Titel.jpg

gahh.. man that series of whatever always makes me want to vomit honestly.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Learn how code functions and just be good at writing pseudo code and you have a career of a game designer to look forward to... I just can't promise it'll be a good one.[/QUOTE]

Or even start in the first place.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Homies are more than quarter machine stereotypes?[/QUOTE]

72895-homie-rollerz-box-shot-copy1-535x479.jpg

EDIT: wow... wtf have I just made? this program I made is a bit fucked up even for me... I need a break. My brain is mush.

[quote name='distgfx']At least you make your own stuff, I use sprites I find online as placeholders. Last time I used Phoenix Wright sprites, it was sweet. I am not a artistically talented man.[/QUOTE]

I tend to use Mega Man sprites. They're everywhere and have decent animations already set up. Colored Blocks/Polygons before you get there.

An alternative to not-coding is Construct2, which i find a bit more interesting than GameMaker.

If you actually know how to write software, XNA + an engine (like FlatRedBall), or something like Pygame are the way to go.

EDIT: This thread on gaf has a decent discusion of different things Gaffers are making (mostly the last couple pages)

[quote name='BlueScrote']I tend to use Mega Man sprites. They're everywhere and have decent animations already set up. Colored Blocks/Polygons before you get there.

An alternative to not-coding is Construct2, which i find a bit more interesting than GameMaker.

If you actually know how to write software, XNA + an engine (like FlatRedBall), or something like Pygame are the way to go.

EDIT: This thread on gaf has a decent discusion of different things Gaffers are making (mostly the last couple pages)[/QUOTE]

Is this a hobby of yours or do you work in the gaming industry? It's just a hobby for me, so I don't really know much about it. I'm more interested in making something work using C++ rather than making something fun/playable and using all the available tools.

-------------------

EDIT: Oh yeah, ihadfg, you're an asshole for buying me this crappy game, you suck, I hate you, etc.

Sorry, I just forgot because the game didn't have much of an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back