GGT 178 may have hooked up with Uncle Dolan. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']lack of move list, bad design on training stages, jump felt funny on a pad -- tutorials don't explain tag or assist buttons/mechanics...

i really like the animation and thought it looked great. some of the tutorials felt nice and were well done with teaching combos, etc.

not worth $15. patch in lobbies, spectating, and move lists, then hit PSN discount for $10 and I'm in.[/QUOTE]

-Lack of move list is meh (its on the damn website! or I can tell you)

-Agree on the training part

-Jump felt funny? Which character were you playing? They all have something different!

-Tag, assist? Simple. Assist 1=LP+MK or MP+LK Assist 2= MP+HK or MK+HP Tags are just the mediums for tag 1 and heavies for tag 2

-PS I know how to unlock costume color 10. If you are nice to me, I might spill the beans.

[quote name='distgfx']Josh and Frost aren't buying it either.[/QUOTE]

We should have a tournament, I'll win by default. :cool: (unless j-cart shows up)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']lack of move list, bad design on training stages, jump felt funny on a pad -- tutorials don't explain tag or assist buttons/mechanics...

i really like the animation and thought it looked great. some of the tutorials felt nice and were well done with teaching combos, etc.[/QUOTE]

The jump didn't feel too funny to me, although some of the characters move really strangely (like Parasoul where she pauses every step). The lack of a move list is kind of bad, shouldn't be hard to find it online though. It's ridiculous that the text for the moves in the tutorial goes behind the characters, haha. And I'm not sure if the demo didn't have all the tutorials, but the actual game does explain the tag and assist buttons in the tutorial (basically MP+MK for partner 1 tag, HP+HK for partner 2 tag, then LP+MK or LK+MP for assist 1, and MP+HK or MK+HP for assist 2).

[quote name='icebeast']We should have a tournament, I'll win by default. :cool: (unless j-cart shows up)

The jump didn't feel too funny to me, although some of the characters move really strangely (like Parasoul where she pauses every step). The lack of a move list is kind of bad, shouldn't be hard to find it online though. It's ridiculous that the text for the moves in the tutorial goes behind the characters, haha. And I'm not sure if the demo didn't have all the tutorials, but the actual game does explain the tag and assist buttons in the tutorial (basically MP+MK for partner 1 tag, HP+HK for partner 2 tag, then LP+MK or LK+MP for assist 1, and MP+HK or MK+HP for assist 2).[/QUOTE]

Parasoul's movement is very irregular. At first I thought it was all the characters and was like wtf. Once I played around with the other characters though I got used to it.

[quote name='distgfx']It was in English, but the subtitles weren't. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yeah man. Way to watch the video before you assume it's in another language. :p

[quote name='j-cart']-Lack of move list is meh (its on the damn website! or I can tell you)

-Agree on the training part

-Jump felt funny? Which character were you playing? They all have something different!

-Tag, assist? Simple. Assist 1=LP+MK or MP+LK Assist 2= MP+HK or MK+HP Tags are just the mediums for tag 1 and heavies for tag 2

-PS I know how to unlock costume color 10. If you are nice to me, I might spill the beans.[/QUOTE]

When the tutorial that's available in the demo tells me that characters have "unique chains", that seems like something that would be specified in the move list.

Besides, I'm not going to keep a laptop/tablet/phone near me when I play or waste a bunch of paper and ink just so I can have access to what is pretty much a standard feature in all fighters for the last 10+ years.

When they patch the move list in, it becomes worthy of consideration, though the lack of lobbies is a big knock for the online features. How are Josh/Icebeast/Uraizen/Hank/myself all supposed to play together? There's a lot of reasons that SFxT or even BBCS get more playtime between our group; they have lobbies -- a bunch of own KoF13 now, but I don't think it'll move into heavy rotation anytime soon anyway solely based on the fact that we can't *all* play together.

It's just disappointing. For being a "loveletter to fighting games from people who play fighting games" or something like that, they dropped the ball on a lot of stuff. Based on the tutorial, it also looks like there's no such thing as an overhead unless it's a jumping attack? Do standing attacks whiff on crouching opponents in general? Because the tutorial flat out states "you block mid and low attacks with crouch block. only standing block if you see someone jump". That seems like an odd decision, if accurate.

Icebeast, there are 4 tutorials in the demo: (1) dodge peacock's dropping object/bomb on the floor by walking/jumping, (2) [see above] how to block; block some mixups, (3) might have been something about basic normal attacks? Don't quite remember, but it was similar to (4) which was basic combo class where they mention that each character has specifically unique chains and the text gets hard to read because of white on white and large command blocks. I found it hard to read because of the contrast as well as the fact that they named EVERY attack...

I was actually meaning to text you to see what you think of Skullgirls, Uraizen. I'm glad to hear that it's actually not all that great because we still got tons of SFxT and SCV to play! :D

[quote name='CaptainJoel']KOF13 I'm not all that interested in, but I will pick up BBCSE.[/QUOTE]

I'm just kidding... well, most of us have BBCSE (except hank/icebeast, I think... mikey/myself/josh/uraizen) and we were playing regularly until SFxT -- it's conceivable we'll go back to that at some point, who knows -- uraizen is kind of the unofficial fighting game coordinator.

I know Hank/myself/Uraizen/Josh all have KOF13, but there's no lobbies or spectating, which makes it something for 2 of us to try out when the others are playing something else. In a strange twist of fate, last Thursday or Friday, uraizen busted out UMvC3 and whooped my rusty ass.

Just a heads up, Legend of Grimrock comes out in a few hours, and if you preorder it through the game's site, you get 20% off. It comes with a steam key.

It's a tile-based first person action-RPG/Puzzler and it's been getting really positive impressions so far.

---

Also, Bulletstorm 2 isn't going to happen. :(

[quote name='Indignate']I'mma buy Skullgirls for the 360.

So I can play by myself.[/QUOTE]

I might pick it up. Gotta try the demo first.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I've figured that out. It seems like there is a cooldown between releasing charge attacdks before you can recharge. For example spamming guile's sonic booms. Is this correct or am I just lacking in coordination?[/QUOTE]

Some games you can only have 1 on the screen at any given time, so it won't let you throw another one until either the last one has been blocked or gone off screen.

[quote name='ihadFG']
Also, Bulletstorm 2 isn't going to happen. :([/QUOTE]

We knew this, but yes, it's still sad. :(

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I might pick it up. Gotta try the demo first.[/QUOTE]

Buy it anyway to support the FGC, bro. :cool:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah man. Way to watch the video before you assume it's in another language. :p

When the tutorial that's available in the demo tells me that characters have "unique chains", that seems like something that would be specified in the move list.

Besides, I'm not going to keep a laptop/tablet/phone near me when I play or waste a bunch of paper and ink just so I can have access to what is pretty much a standard feature in all fighters for the last 10+ years.

When they patch the move list in, it becomes worthy of consideration, though the lack of lobbies is a big knock for the online features. How are Josh/Icebeast/Uraizen/Hank/myself all supposed to play together? There's a lot of reasons that SFxT or even BBCS get more playtime between our group; they have lobbies -- a bunch of own KoF13 now, but I don't think it'll move into heavy rotation anytime soon anyway solely based on the fact that we can't *all* play together.

It's just disappointing. For being a "loveletter to fighting games from people who play fighting games" or something like that, they dropped the ball on a lot of stuff. Based on the tutorial, it also looks like there's no such thing as an overhead unless it's a jumping attack? Do standing attacks whiff on crouching opponents in general? Because the tutorial flat out states "you block mid and low attacks with crouch block. only standing block if you see someone jump". That seems like an odd decision, if accurate.

Icebeast, there are 4 tutorials in the demo: (1) dodge peacock's dropping object/bomb on the floor by walking/jumping, (2) [see above] how to block; block some mixups, (3) might have been something about basic normal attacks? Don't quite remember, but it was similar to (4) which was basic combo class where they mention that each character has specifically unique chains and the text gets hard to read because of white on white and large command blocks. I found it hard to read because of the contrast as well as the fact that they named EVERY attack...[/QUOTE]

First off, this is a DLC type game. Reverge was in way of their heads in the first place, being able to see the game live on the network is just plain awesome. So some stuff not being in there was because they cared about their animations and core gameplay first. So lobbies not being in the game is sad, but at the same time, the online is silky and buttery smooth (with a decent connection).

There are plenty of overhead attacks from standing that require the player to block high. I assume you are wondering about Parasoul's st. HP, which in fact is not a high attack. Look at her f+LP and B+HK, both of those moves hit high.

If you can look past some minor things, you'll find a simple game that will have a deep and fun fighting game.

Also, anyone see my name? IT'S IN THE CREDITS!

I liked Bulletstorm, but probably not enough that I would have played a sequel anyway.

It was kind of a one time novelty thing for me. Shooters are a dime a dozen, and that one didn't leave me wanting sequels really.

[quote name='j-cart']First off, this is a DLC type game. Reverge was in way of their heads in the first place, being able to see the game live on the network is just plain awesome. So some stuff not being in there was because they cared about their animations and core gameplay first. So lobbies not being in the game is sad, but at the same time, the online is silky and buttery smooth (with a decent connection).

There are plenty of overhead attacks from standing that require the player to block high. I assume you are wondering about Parasoul's st. HP, which in fact is not a high attack. Look at her f+LP and B+HK, both of those moves hit high.

If you can look past some minor things, you'll find a simple game that will have a deep and fun fighting game.

Also, anyone see my name? IT'S IN THE CREDITS![/QUOTE]

What's your name?

I played a little bit last night. It seems right off the bat I'm better at it than SFxT because I don't have the disadvantage of not being familiar with SF or Tekken.

[quote name='BlueScrote']What's your name?
[/QUOTE]

Hey you can't be asking questions like that...

Just watch the credits and listen to some hip music. If you watch all the way through, you will have seen my name. It's great, my first game with my name in it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah man. Way to watch the video before you assume it's in another language. :p

Icebeast, there are 4 tutorials in the demo: (1) dodge peacock's dropping object/bomb on the floor by walking/jumping, (2) [see above] how to block; block some mixups, (3) might have been something about basic normal attacks? Don't quite remember, but it was similar to (4) which was basic combo class where they mention that each character has specifically unique chains and the text gets hard to read because of white on white and large command blocks. I found it hard to read because of the contrast as well as the fact that they named EVERY attack...[/QUOTE]

I can't watch videos on my PC right now; every video has a green tint since the latest Flash update.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I can't watch videos on my PC right now; every video has a green tint since the latest Flash update.[/QUOTE]

So does mine. I hate the green bar with a passion.

Check it, it's an APPLE conspiracy against FLASH.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Based on the tutorial, it also looks like there's no such thing as an overhead unless it's a jumping attack? Do standing attacks whiff on crouching opponents in general? Because the tutorial flat out states "you block mid and low attacks with crouch block. only standing block if you see someone jump". That seems like an odd decision, if accurate.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='j-cart']There are plenty of overhead attacks from standing that require the player to block high. I assume you are wondering about Parasoul's st. HP, which in fact is not a high attack. Look at her f+LP and B+HK, both of those moves hit high.[/QUOTE]

Ya, actually in the full game tutorials Frost they have a tutorial for doing mixups and you have to use Parasoul doing j.HP, c.LK, c.MK, then either do c.HK if the CPU doesn't block or do b+HK for her overhead if they do block and succeed 3 times in a row.

And I think what they meant in the tutorial you played was that you should always block high when someone is jumping in since those attacks are only going to be overheads (but maybe it was worded badly, I just assumed there were standing overheads, and they showed up later in the tutorial).

The game actually has launchers too for air combos which remind me a lot of the MvC3 launchers, which I guess wasn't covered in the demo tutorials. The launching attack is different for each character though.

[quote name='j-cart']Hey you can't be asking questions like that...

Just watch the credits and listen to some hip music. If you watch all the way through, you will have seen my name. It's great, my first game with my name in it.[/QUOTE]

The reason I couldn't make it through the credits is because I didn't want to hear the music anymore.

Just watch the credits and listen to some hip music. If you watch all the way through, you will have seen my name. It's great, my first game with my name in it.[/QUOTE]

Well, if that's the case, then hey I'm in the game too. :cool:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm just kidding... well, most of us have BBCSE (except hank/icebeast, I think... mikey/myself/josh/uraizen) and we were playing regularly until SFxT -- it's conceivable we'll go back to that at some point, who knows -- uraizen is kind of the unofficial fighting game coordinator.

I know Hank/myself/Uraizen/Josh all have KOF13, but there's no lobbies or spectating, which makes it something for 2 of us to try out when the others are playing something else. In a strange twist of fate, last Thursday or Friday, uraizen busted out UMvC3 and whooped my rusty ass.[/QUOTE]

I have BBCSE...for Vita. :whistle2:#

I do not have KOF13--is it any good? And don't say it's better than XII because that doesn't mean anything. :whistle2:#

[quote name='icebeast']I'm in the credits of this game that just came out, under Additional Programming:

Worked on it while I was still at Gameloft, mostly focused on social features, but I also helped create the original engine (intended for another game) that was used as the basis for making this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvr9bdTjaM4
[/QUOTE]

It's a free game, just like The Oregon Trail: American Settler (which I also worked on). You should all download them, because I know you're all obsessively into social game.

[quote name='j-cart']

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the lobby thing is a downside, and it means our group wouldn't be able to play together, so it's a legitimate knock from our vantage point, or at least mine... would I buy it without lobbies? Sure, but at $10 and with a movelist. Period.

And I was wondering about the overheads because the game flat out says in the tutorial that you should always crouching block and only standing block when you are being jumped at. It doesn't mention overheads, it just tells you to block Parasoul's mixups by blocking low unless she jumps at you. Gives people playing the demo or trying to learn the game the impression that there might not even be specific overhead attacks.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I liked Bulletstorm, but probably not enough that I would have played a sequel anyway.[/QUOTE]

Bulletstorm was one of the best games of 2011. Period. It deserves a sequel, dicktits. More than any other FPS from this generation (definitely including all of the ones I've played for sure, most likely including those I've not played as well).

[quote name='KingBroly']Wow, Dark Souls will be GFWL on PC. LOL.[/QUOTE]

Poor decision. At least I don't give 3 fucks about playing coop or pvp.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'd love to see Bulletstorm 2. But alas, those sissy limp dicked dago whop motherfucking semen swilling sons of whores won't make it happen.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, Action Hank!

[quote name='ihadFG']I wanted it too, and apparently they started initial development on it, but as of yesterday they stated officially that it's not gonna happen.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...in-development-before-epic-decided-against-it[/QUOTE]

Huh, last I heard they'd moved People Can Fly on to a new project that wasn't Bulletstorm 2 and had said sales of Bulletsorm were low and not good making a sequel extremely unlikely.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'd love to see Bulletstorm 2. But alas, those sissy limp dicked dago whop motherfucking semen swilling sons of whores won't make it happen.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't generic enough.

[quote name='gunm']I feel ignored. :([/QUOTE]

Game is good, netcode sucks monkey dick.

[quote name='icebeast']I'm in the credits of this game that just came out, under Additional Programming:

Worked on it while I was still at Gameloft, mostly focused on social features, but I also helped create the original engine (intended for another game) that was used as the basis for making this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvr9bdTjaM4
[/QUOTE]

But you're a game dev--you'd better be in the credits.

[quote name='distgfx']Game is good, netcode sucks monkey dick.[/QUOTE]

Thank you kind sir. So local play only. Damn, none of my friends here play fighting games...

[quote name='KingBroly']Man, Demon's Souls NA servers are shutting down on May 31st. Good thing I got Platinum in it before then.[/QUOTE]

Was there a reason you needed to play online?
I'm pretty sure there are no online trophies for it... I platinum'ed the game way back when and while it would possibly make some aspects easier, if you found trading partners or something, it definitely wasn't necessary.

--

sorry gunm, no way you could play KOF13 with any of us -- i hear you need to be same coast... being in Hawaii probably fucks that up for you.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Was there a reason you needed to play online?
I'm pretty sure there are no online trophies for it... I platinum'ed the game way back when and while it would possibly make some aspects easier, if you found trading partners or something, it definitely wasn't necessary.[/QUOTE]

How does World Tendency work if you aren't online? Don't you need that pure black or white to get a couple of items for some of the achievements?

[quote name='icebeast']How does World Tendency work if you aren't online? Don't you need that pure black or white to get a couple of items for some of the achievements?[/QUOTE]

Pure black is simple, die alot. Pure white I believe you need to be online because you need to be helping people out.

As for Skullgirls credits, I am in the fun section that is very Japanese. I think you guys can figure out what section I am in.

[quote name='j-cart']Pure white I believe you need to be online because you need to be helping people out.[/QUOTE]

Black tendency is gained from dying in human form in a world.
Tendency shifts to white for events such as killing bosses without dying, killing primordial demons, etc.
While you can gain white tendency from helping others or from defending against black phantoms, it is in no way necessary to play online to change this.

Towards White
Kill a Demon (boss) in a particular World (+1)
Kill the Red Dragon (+1) in 1-2
Kill the Blue Dragon (+1) in 1-4
Kill the Black Phantom Form of one of the 5 special named NPCs that appear in Pure Black World Tendency
Defeat Black Phantom Executioner Miralda (+3) in 1-1
Defeat Black Phantom Scirvir, The Wanderer (+3) in 2-2
Defeat Black Phantom Lord Rydell (+3) in 3-1
Defeat Black Phantom Satsuki (+3) in 4-1
Defeat Black Phantom Selen Vinland (+3) in 5-2
Defeat a Primeval Demon (+3) (once per world per game)
Defeat Black Phantom NPC (see above) and 1 Primeval Demon without returning to Nexus. (+6) (once per game)
Defeat Black Phantom NPC (see above) and Primeval Demon without returning to Nexus, and then defeat 1 Boss. (+7) (once per game)
Kill an invading Black Phantom
Resurrect a summoned Blue Phantom

Italics are actions online.
Bold is a way to shift from pure black to pure white in one section of a level, should you be skilled enough.

--

I wanted to like this so bad because shit like this looks awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Eh9A1bort0

Still, pricedrop or bust.

[quote name='icebeast']Localization? (I haven't looked at the credits yet).[/QUOTE]

Hah I wish, but I can only understand spoken chinese. Plus who makes games for china besides Blizzard?

/edit: HAHAHA @ Frost waiting for a price drop on a $15 game.

[quote name='j-cart']Hah I wish, but I can only understand spoken chinese. Plus who makes games for china besides Blizzard?

/edit: HAHAHA @ Frost waiting for a price drop on a $15 game.[/QUOTE]

Price drop, PSN discount, whatever. Oh, and don't forget what site you're on. This isn't SRK or GAF, buddy.

The short of it is this: I'm not giving them $15 for no move list and no lobbies, especially not after almost a 6 month delay. They waited too long, I have no less than 6 fighters in a stack over there. I'll put my $15 toward TTT2 and be a-okay with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

:whistle2:k.

[quote name='whoknows']Weren't you the Skullgirls fanclub?[/QUOTE]

Peacock_Smoking.jpg

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Cannot fucking wait for Tekken Tag 2. September, baybee!!! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I still don't seem to care about that game, probably because it seems like an awful entry point into the series (haven never played any Tekken game, ever) given the whole team thing, I might still get Tekken X Street Fighter when that finally comes out if it has cool characters in it (but I expect to be equally confused).

[quote name='whoknows']Weren't you the Skullgirls fanclub?[/QUOTE]

Was part of, yes. Then I watched them fuck it up, IMO. Between being made to wait an extra ~6 months (I'm pretty sure it was originally supposed to be released in Nov/Dec 2012) and having them drop the ball on basic features in their "fighter made by fighters", not so much anymore. The demo didn't impress me either.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Cannot fucking wait for Tekken Tag 2. September, baybee!!! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[quote name='icebeast']
I still don't seem to care about that game, probably because it seems like an awful entry point into the series (haven never played any Tekken game, ever) given the whole team thing, I might still get Tekken X Street Fighter when that finally comes out if it has cool characters in it (but I expect to be equally confused).[/QUOTE]

Never played a Tekken game? :error:
DOES NOT COMPUTE. DOES NOT COMPUTE.
And if they make TTT2 right? I can honestly say I will have little to no interest in TxSF. Sidestepping Devil Jin's lasers? Fine. Sidestepping sonic booms, hadokens, and psycho crushers? No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back