GGT 180 only discusses the latest and greatest iOS/Android games

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='distgfx']When something I say is taken this seriously I need to step in.[/QUOTE]

internet-serious-business.jpg

[quote name='distgfx']Speaking of serious business, why are you paying $45 for this again, Josh?

The gameplay looks awful, it's like they designed the game mechanics in a week then spent a year on the aesthetics.[/QUOTE]

Looks like a ton of fun to me, and I love Grasshopper.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Dude, it's Torchlight. D3 is better by default no matter how bad Blizzard fucks up. It also seems more approachable for people new to the genre, from what I played from the beta. Not to mention there's 1000x more resources going behind it and that usually equates to more value from the game, but hard to say with neither of them out right now.

I know Blizzard is the super evil corporation and Runic is the lovable underdog, but the first Torchlight was entirely primitive compared to what D2 did -- a decade ago.
[/QUOTE]

I realize my post makes it look like I'm working my way to a "super evil" dig, but it wasn't that. I just didn't know if Torchlights 1 & 2 were a viable alternative or if they're mostly thought of as asides. It's sounding like aside.

I'd still like to know the actual differences, is it just scale or cosmetic (graphics), or does it include substantial gameplay (i.e. mechanics and player development) concepts. I honestly don't know this shit, and yes, I can see that the development time/costs are much more substantial for D3 and D3 will be bigger. I guess I'm wondering what of that experience T2 matches, if at all.

Which is to say, could Torchlight 2 present a viable "motion of the ocean" argument? If pressed, of course.

[quote name='dothog']I realize my post makes it look like I'm working my way to a "super evil" dig, but it wasn't that. I just didn't know if Torchlights 1 & 2 were a viable alternative or if they're mostly thought of as asides. It's sounding like aside.

I'd still like to know the actual differences, is it just scale or cosmetic (graphics), or does it include substantial gameplay (i.e. mechanics and player development) concepts. I honestly don't know this shit, and yes, I can see that the development time/costs are much more substantial for D3 and D3 will be bigger. I guess I'm wondering what of that experience T2 matches, if at all.

Which is to say, could Torchlight 2 present a viable "motion of the ocean" argument? If pressed, of course.[/QUOTE]

I felt the first Torchlight was fun for a short while, until I started craving some more depth in the enemy set ups and level design. It's a very cute rendition of the isometric click-click-click to kill stuff genre, and I assume the sequel will be similar. Will D3 be the better choice? I would feel deceitful handing out a recommendation on such little information. Best I could say is go where your friends go, or give it some time until reviews hit.

My reviews, that is. :cool:

[quote name='The Crotch']To be fair, Wings of Liberty's Bnet 2.0 is pretty primitive compared to what we had a decade ago...[/QUOTE]

Does SC2 have chat rooms yet?

[quote name='icebeast']They've all but confirmed that it's going to get a console release (although obviously they could kill that project before it comes out, but since it is mostly a port I have a feeling it's coming).[/QUOTE]

Or it could be cancelled like SC: Ghost. I really want to see more concept/prototype stuff from that project.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I felt the first Torchlight was fun for a short while, until I started craving some more depth in the enemy set ups and level design. It's a very cute rendition of the isometric click-click-click to kill stuff genre, and I assume the sequel will be similar. Will D3 be the better choice? I would feel deceitful handing out a recommendation on such little information. Best I could say is go where your friends go, or give it some time until reviews hit.

My reviews, that is. :cool:[/QUOTE]

This is basically my opinion of Torchlight. Then again I didn't really think to much of D1 either but wasted away my life playing D2 so...

I'm drunk guys. I'm not reading anything that has been posted here. Sorry. I'm on Skype though and talking ot women while drunk. Probably a bad idea, but who cares? You only live once. Oh yeah baby!!

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I don't know what I have, but goddamn I am sick. I think it's food poisoning.[/QUOTE]

Stop making out with randos you slut.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Why hello, Gears.[/QUOTE]

That reminds me I still haven't played the most recent maps.

[quote name='BlueScrote']That reminds me I still haven't played the most recent maps.[/QUOTE]

I just spent hours playing them on the Bang Bang playlist, I think... it's under Forces of Nature; Load out is a Digger and a Boomshot. :cool:

And why do I always think Kate Beckinsale should be Kate Beckinsdale? I always want to add that d.

Sorry about my sudden departure from Skype last night. My internet decided to go to bed before I was ready.

Drunk Hank was very entertaining.

[quote name='j-cart']Hank might have the best answer on this:

Receiver to PC, what kind of connection should I be using? Also is there a loss of audio if a were to do such a thing?[/QUOTE]
Optical or HDMI out is probably the best overall "git-r-dun" in one shot solution.

For me? I have this badass $200 sound card and it's built for pimp analog output. So I run that via thick ass RCA cables to my 1979 Kenowood amp. All analog hotness. :cool:

[quote name='j-cart']I would be down to start another group. Though shouldn't everyone be on Diablo 3?[/QUOTE]
Diablows 3 is sponsored by Activision. So I cannot spend a dime on it.

[quote name='distgfx']Torchlight 2 would be $15 a piece, Diablo 3 is $60.[/QUOTE]
This.

[quote name='ihadFG']Time != Value[/QUOTE]
Reminds me of those GAF dumbfucks saying they'd pay $60 for Recettear. lol @ that shit.

[quote name='j-cart']fuck you both. Everyone should go to Evo, so we can fucking party together. I want to drink Hank under the table.[/QUOTE]
You could easily drink me under the table. But I may have an edge since you're like half Asian or something.

Asians cannot hold their liquor ever.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I just spent hours playing them on the Bang Bang playlist, I think... it's under Forces of Nature; Load out is a Digger and a Boomshot. :cool:

And why do I always think Kate Beckinsale should be Kate Beckinsdale? I always want to add that d.[/QUOTE]
Dyslexic much? I don't know.

Though if Kate Beckinsdale was hot too, I wouldn't mind having two. :drool:

[quote name='ihadFG']Sorry about my sudden departure from Skype last night. My internet decided to go to bed before I was ready.

Drunk Hank was very entertaining.[/QUOTE]
Glad I can entertain you. Drunk Hank will most likely be back tonight. :bouncy:

[quote name='panzerfaust']haven't blacked out for a while[/QUOTE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj254xvJERc

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Where did the steam daily deals go? :([/QUOTE]

Summer Sales are incoming maybe. Time to get Uraizen his favorite RPG.

[quote name='distgfx']It stopped being 20% off, I missed the deal. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Good, Blades of Time should only be bought for consoles.

[quote name='distgfx']Why?[/QUOTE]

It's an inside joke. You most likely will not be able to find Blades of Time for consoles. Regardless just wait for Anarchy Reigns instead.

I used to have "Sasquatchewan" down as my location until someone pointed out that I can make a "crotch" pun just as easily. Thanks, whoever the fuck that was, like, five years ago.

Also, no, not hairy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back