GGT 180 only discusses the latest and greatest iOS/Android games

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='icebeast']I think it is actually your motherboard which matters, since I think the issue is that the TE uses some older USB type that isn't supported in all motherboards anymore. For my PC I was able to buy this USB PCI card which apparently has the a chip that the TE likes.[/QUOTE]

Nine times out of ten the CPU can determine whether out not his motherboard supports it, amd motherboards typically do not.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I've been meaning to start playing Tribes again. I played abit during the beta but then tapered off as things have gone on.

edit: holy shit https://www.google.com/search?aq=f&ix=acb&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=zerg+rush[/QUOTE]
It's certainly got its flaws - the physics are kinda fucked, and a last patch gave a bunch of new buggy-ass overpowered shit to one of the strongest classes in the game (we just got a hotfix that turned it from "super buggy and overpowered" to "just kinda overpowered") - but when it works, fuck me sideways it works.

If anyone does join in, use the link in my signature. Free EXP for both of us.

Crotch I saw your post in the CAGCast thread. :)

If I'm wrong please correct me, who should be credited then for choice in games mattering, or who promoted it this much before Bioware? Thanks in advance.

Hank might have the best answer on this:

Receiver to PC, what kind of connection should I be using? Also is there a loss of audio if a were to do such a thing?

[quote name='distgfx']Nine times out of ten the CPU can determine whether out not his motherboard supports it, amd motherboards typically do not.[/QUOTE]

I've seen another post on Steam when I had the issue from someone with a similar Intel motherboard to me that didn't work without a PCI USB card, and my motherboard also didn't support it without one. Point is, chances are even if j-cart has an issue he can probably fix it for around $6 haha.

Well I have an AMD chipset mobo. Did the research and yah it seems that worst case I would just need to get an USB pci card.

Oh Joooosh...

The SFxT team has just sent us word a gameplay patch will hit 360/PS3 in mid May. The final date is still to be determined, but we do have the list of changes that'll take effect when the patch arrives...
Kazuya Restand glitch infinite combo has been removed.
Kuro cr.MP infinite has been removed.
Xiaoyu QCB MP infinite has been removed.
Pacman Hit back on LP and LK has been changed so infinite has been removed.
Jin Chop Kick Glitch on mid air opponents has been fixed.
When first hit of Kazama Style 6 Hit Combo is a counter hit, Jin is at +2F now.
Ogre Damage properties of cr.HP have been changed so follow ups are now not possible.
Juri Senpusha's frames on block have been changed to below:

L ver. stand block -5F

M ver. stand block -10F
M ver. crouch block -10F
Shikusen causes opponents to be pushed back less far when blocked.
Rufus Falcon Kick (dive kick) properties have been changed:

Hurt box added to his feet and the move no longer crosses up easily.

Frames on block have been modified to -4F
Zangief Last hit of Quick Double Lariat (3rd hit) will no longer hit crouching opponents.
M.Bison 5th hit of his Super Art (Knee Press Nightmare) can now be blocked normally.
Jump/lever input bug Addresed issue where diagonal inputs/jumps did not come out properly.
Throw/Character Change glitch Fixed a bug for certain characters that allowed for them to get thrown when initiating a character switch.
Quick Combo Priority of command inputs has been changed so glitches that came from activating quick combos in the air have been removed.
We should have a solid date for you soon!

Guess what you can't do mindlessly with Juri anymore?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yo, hank, if you have a slot left for Torchlight 2, I'll do it.[/QUOTE]

I would be down to start another group. Though shouldn't everyone be on Diablo 3?

[quote name='distgfx']Torchlight 2 would be $15 a piece, Diablo 3 is $60.[/QUOTE]

IT'S DIABLO fuckING 3! Whatever you don't play RPGs, you don't get it.

Diablo fucking Three comes out one day before the start of my planting season. The fates themselves have decided that I shall not play it.

Unlike Starcraft 2, which came out, like, two days before the end of a planting season. Again, fate everywhere in this bitch.

[quote name='j-cart']IT'S DIABLO fuckING 3! Whatever you don't play RPGs, you don't get it.[/QUOTE]

I played Diablo fucking 2 and didn't like it.

[quote name='The Crotch']Diablo fucking Three comes out one day before the start of my planting season. The fates themselves have decided that I shall not play it.

Unlike Starcraft 2, which came out, like, two days before the end of a planting season. Again, fate everywhere in this bitch.[/QUOTE]

Planting season? What is that all about?

[quote name='distgfx']I played Diablo fucking 2 and didn't like it.[/QUOTE]

Oh You. Stop trolling once in your life :)

[quote name='j-cart']Planting season? What is that all about?[/QUOTE]
I disappear every year some time in mid-May to go tree planting, which apparently isn't a real job in the US, but it's common-ish (and, if you're good, well paying) seasonal work in Canada. I usually resurface at the end of August. I live in a tent for a couple months and get internet access only during camp moves and laundry runs.

[quote name='distgfx']Only if you stop complaining about your PS3 woes.[/QUOTE]

Pay for the repairs and I'll call it truce.

[quote name='The Crotch']I disappear every year some time in mid-May to go tree planting, which apparently isn't a real job in the US, but it's common-ish (and, if you're good, well paying) seasonal work in Canada. I usually resurface at the end of August. I live in a tent for a couple months and get internet access only during camp moves and laundry runs.[/QUOTE]

Model citizen eh? I'll see you on the flip side for Borderlands 2 then.

[quote name='j-cart']
Model citizen eh? I'll see you on the flip side for Borderlands 2 then.[/QUOTE]
"Tree planting is résumé poison. You may as well put "sodomite" on there instead."

Maybe for Borderlands 2.

Turns out Mass Effect 3 runs on my laptop, and super well too. So...yeah gonna marathon this shit.

Happy to see the heavier focus on cutscenes and lighter dialogue set ups -- franchise seems like it finally found what it always was trying to be. I have trouble not being renegade, though, and that feels like and odd term to describe my actions. It's the end of the fucking galaxy, yeah I'm going to ask you to fight.

[quote name='j-cart']I would be down to start another group. Though shouldn't everyone be on Diablo 3?[/QUOTE]

I'd be down for that..

[quote name='j-cart']IT'S DIABLO fuckING 3! Whatever you don't play RPGs, you don't get it.[/QUOTE]

Except for this fact.. I'll probably end up buying it anyways.

[quote name='distgfx']How does this benefit me in any possible way?[/QUOTE]

You can stop lying about not liking Diablo 2.

[quote name='BlueScrote']You can stop lying about not liking Diablo 2.[/QUOTE]

It's more likely that I would lie about liking a game than disliking one.

Honest inquiry from someone who wasn't a big fan of Diablo and consequently doesn't know the game and its progeny well...

What will be the big difference between Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2? If it's size, to what extent? Will the skill sets and gameplay be deeper in Diablo 3, for instance?

I'm not equating them, I'm just wondering as someone who knows jackshit and can't find an article that assesses Diablo 3 beyond "OMG DELAYS SUCK IT BLIZZ" or "OMG D3 IS SO SWEET RITE GUYS?" or "OMG D3 IS FOR CAREBEAR CASUALS BLAH BLAH"

When folks were looking for people to go halvies, or quartersies, or whatever, on the Torchlight 2 pre-order, I read about it a bit. I'm not sure it's the game for me, but I like the approach Runic Games has taken. They seem like good people who deserve to get paid.

[quote name='seanr1221']I can't run D3 :([/QUOTE]

They've all but confirmed that it's going to get a console release (although obviously they could kill that project before it comes out, but since it is mostly a port I have a feeling it's coming).

[quote name='distgfx']I think the slot was filled by mikey last night on skype.[/QUOTE]

That jerk!

[quote name='j-cart']I would be down to start another group. Though shouldn't everyone be on Diablo 3?[/QUOTE]

No. $60 is too much for a game.

[quote name='distgfx']Torchlight 2 would be $15 a piece, Diablo 3 is $60.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Guess I'll go support indie devs by buying skullgirls then. :(

[quote name='corrosivefrost']No. $60 is too much for a game.[/QUOTE]

I'm paying $100. (And I got the regular edition for "free" from a WoW subscription). :cool:

If D3 turns out as good as D2 I'll have no regrets.

[quote name='icebeast']They've all but confirmed that it's going to get a console release.[/QUOTE]

No wonder their U.I. seemed so shitty...

[quote name='dothog']Honest inquiry from someone who wasn't a big fan of Diablo and consequently doesn't know the game and its progeny well...

What will be the big difference between Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2? If it's size, to what extent? Will the skill sets and gameplay be deeper in Diablo 3, for instance?
[/QUOTE]

Dude, it's Torchlight. D3 is better by default no matter how bad Blizzard fucks up. It also seems more approachable for people new to the genre, from what I played from the beta. Not to mention there's 1000x more resources going behind it and that usually equates to more value from the game, but hard to say with neither of them out right now.

I know Blizzard is the super evil corporation and Runic is the lovable underdog, but the first Torchlight was entirely primitive compared to what D2 did -- a decade ago.

[quote name='icebeast']They've all but confirmed that it's going to get a console release.[/QUOTE]

No wonder their U.I. seemed so shitty...

Hope they get that fixed.

[quote name='icebeast']I'm paying $100. (And I got the regular edition for "free" from a WoW subscription). :cool:

If D3 turns out as good as D2 I'll have no regrets.[/QUOTE]

As long you play it for 100+ hours, I don't see the problem.

[quote name='panzerfaust']
I know Blizzard is the super evil corporation and Runic is the lovable underdog, but the first Torchlight was entirely primitive compared to what D2 did -- a decade ago.[/QUOTE]
To be fair, Wings of Liberty's Bnet 2.0 is pretty primitive compared to what we had a decade ago...

I couldn't disagree there.

And I do have very real concerns for D3, but even if I end up hating it, it will probably appeal to some ridiculously huge demographic like SC2 did.

[quote name='ihadFG']Time != Value[/QUOTE]

While I'll agree that short games can be really fun. I also kind of agree with Uraizen, if I can play a game for 100 hours and not get bored (and trust me I'd have to not get bored to play a single game that long, especially now that I have a lot less time to play) then I wouldn't feel bad dropping $100 on it (and based on my extreme love for D2 there is a very real possibility of spending a good chunk of time with D3). If I was dropping $100 on something that is extremely short like Braid I think I'd feel jipped.

[quote name='ihadFG']I actually think I might pick up Marduk.[/QUOTE]

A non-SF character? Are you sick? Shit, I'm not gonna know how to fight him, lol.

[quote name='ihadFG']Time != Value[/QUOTE]

You're right, I could put 500 hours into Skyrim or ME3 and still consider them worth less than $5.

I think I'm approaching my switch to recreational gaming. Which is a shame because my Sakura did pretty well at the last tournament I entered. Just can't manage my time well enough to practice more.

[quote name='distgfx']A non-SF character? Are you sick? Shit, I'm not gonna know how to fight him, lol.
[/QUOTE]

Well first I would have to learn to play him, so I don't think you have any reason to worry.

[quote name='distgfx']
You're right, I could put 500 hours into Skyrim or ME3 and still consider them worth less than $5.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly my point. And likewise, I don't need to put 60 hours into Bayonetta for it to be worth $60 to me. I'm not saying time/content don't factor into things though.

[quote name='distgfx']That's why I said you were right.[/QUOTE]

I never said you disagreed. ;)

I was just expanding on it.

[quote name='ihadFG']I'm not saying time/content don't factor into things though.[/QUOTE]

You mean like my example of paying $100 for Braid? Maybe for you it's different but as a game approaches a fairly short length with no major replayability the amount I'm willing to spend goes down exponentially.

For instance if I know a game lasts 30 minutes to an hour I probably wouldn't pay more than $2-3.

Time/value is entirely subjective. If you're commuting 2 hours a day by train, bite-sized DS games may suddenly be amazing to you.

And I paid $15 for Journey the other day, a regret because I'm a broke college student, but that hardly changed my opinion on the game -- which is 2 hours long.

[quote name='icebeast']You mean like my example of paying $100 for Braid? Maybe for you it's different but as a game approaches a fairly short length with no major replayability the amount I'm willing to spend goes down exponentially.

For instance if I know a game lasts 30 minutes to an hour I probably wouldn't pay more than $2-3.[/QUOTE]

What I'm saying is that time isn't as important to me as the amount of quality content and the quality of the overall experience. For instance, even though I put 100 hours into Skyrim, it wasn't worth $60 to me (not that I even paid that much) because I wasn't super impressed with the game. It was fun, but it's not like it was 100 hours of constant amazement. The game requires a lot of time due to the way it's designed, but something like Portal 2 provided me with a lot more satisfaction overall within the 14 or so hours I spent on it.

Likewise, Journey only took me an hour and a half to beat, but I have no regrets about paying $15 for it because the amount of enjoyment and polish per square inch of that game is much higher than other games. It didn't have any downtime or fluff, and it was something to be played through in one sitting. It was a lot like a movie in that regard (not that the design of the game is actually like a movie though).

So to me, time only matters insofar as the way it reflects the content of the game. I don't think the value of a game can be reduced to a mathematical formula involving time and money. There's a lot more that goes into it than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back