GGT 180 only discusses the latest and greatest iOS/Android games

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='hankmecrankme']I reviewed Josh's top 5 games of this year.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...I don't think I've actually played a whole lot this year, but I guess that would mean you reviewed:

Lone Survivor
Journey
Mass Effect 3
SFxT
Fez

[quote name='hankmecrankme']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2mpHD7xjeg[/QUOTE]

For some reason I have that movie on my hard drive.

---

Speaking of movies, I just saw this picture for Headhunters today:

headhunters.jpeg

Which looks conspicuously similar to the cover of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, which is one of my favorite movies:

kiss-kiss-bang-bang.jpeg

[quote name='ihadFG']Lone Survivor
Journey
Mass Effect 3
SFxT
Fez[/QUOTE]

Lone Survivor - Didn't play it.
Journey - Didn't play it.
Mass Effect 3 - Don't need to play it.
SFxT - Agreed.
Fez - Didn't play it.

You hipster.

I've been playing a lot of Rayman Origins recently.

Some of the time it's this: :)
Others it's this: :bomb:

Somewhat disappointing, but still a good game.

Screenshots from the PC version of Binary Domain.

2012-04-28_00003.jpg

2012-04-28_00002.jpg

2012-04-28_00001.jpg

Using mouse and keyboard controls... this shit is a straight up console port. The very definition of "pump it and dump it." The aiming in it sucks with a mouse, too.

[quote name='ihadFG']Lone Survivor
Journey
Mass Effect 3
SFxT
Fez[/QUOTE]

Lone Survivor - Been playing it at work, really liking it, reminds me of a 2D Silent Hill 2
Journey - Really need to boot this up and play through it (especially since I know one of the guys who made it, and all my friends have told me how awesome it is)
Mass Effect 3 - Liking it so far, need to get back to it and finish it up
SFxT - Seems fun, although seems a little tougher than MvC3, but I'm not going to be a good judge of how good a fighting game is
Fez - Might be interested, but I haven't played and don't own it, and I still do think it is ridiculous how many awards it won from multiple years where it didn't actually come out.

[quote name='icebeast']Lone Survivor - Been playing it at work, really liking it, reminds me of a 2D Silent Hill 2[/QUOTE]

Ooooh, that game! I've played that; it wasn't bad, but not my GOTY.

My top 5 games of this year are:

Street Fighter x Tekken
Devil May Cry HD Collection
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend

Uh... I don't remember anything else at the moment.

[quote name='distgfx']Ooooh, that game! I've played that; it wasn't bad, but not my GOTY.

My top 5 games of this year are:

Street Fighter x Tekken
Devil May Cry HD Collection
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend

Uh... I don't remember anything else at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Don't you have that Michael Jackson game on Vita?

I bet you feel silly for forgetting such a high quality AAA game like that.

[quote name='ihadFG']Don't you have that Michael Jackson game on Vita?

I bet you feel silly for forgetting such a high quality AAA game like that.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, the demo of that ended up being the full version, LOL!

I want to play Lone Survivor, it looks interesting.

And speaking of Silent Hill, I bought Shattered Memories for the Wii. I think it's worth it to say that I've never liked a Silent Hill game ever.

[quote name='ihadFG'] Which looks conspicuously similar to the cover of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, which is one of my favorite movies:[/QUOTE]

I love that fuckin movie.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Just moved a folder to my desktop. It totally vanished, taking with it all the homework i've done for the past week. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

You should get a Mac.

I beat Rayman Origins. This game really falls on its' face, chipping all of its' teeth in the process at the end.

And that's before the 25-minute long credit sequence.

Found a bottle of Camus deep in the pantry. Must have been from graduation or something. More reasons everyone should go to Evo, I'm going to have a room so its all good.

[quote name='distgfx']So, j-cart, what did you actually do for skullgirls anyway?[/QUOTE]

Played the shit out of it.

/edit: Hank, I'm not that AZN.

/MGSedit: did you know that it is possible to platinum MGS3 (HD collection) in a single play through?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='j-cart']
/MGSedit: did you know that it is possible to platinum MGS3 (HD collection) in a single play through?[/QUOTE]
YEP!

As someone that has beaten the absolute shit out of that game, I know exactly how much you can accomplish in a playthrough. :cool:

You would have to start up a New Game+ playthrough to get a couple of the trophies unlocked right (the facepaints/camo ones)? I know that's how the 360 version was for the achievements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back