GGT 197: The Offical DOA5 Swimsuit Screenshot Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BlueScrote']One thing I do love about gaf is the moderation in general is better than most online forums[/QUOTE]

That's the one thing I hate about GAF.

[quote name='distgfx']That's the one thing I hate about GAF.[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying is that you love everything else about GAF?

[quote name='ihadFG']I keep thinking everyone with scene girl avatars is indignate.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Weekend was great. ^__^[/QUOTE]

Even though I worked this weekend, I saw Dredd in 3D last night and it was dope. Nothing spectacular, but dope. Tonight I'm going to see Looper, so my weekend is all about the movies.

[quote name='ihadFG']I keep thinking everyone with scene girl avatars is indignate.[/QUOTE]

Me too.

[quote name='whoknows']So you think Uraizen is Indignate?[/QUOTE]

Alt account.

[quote name='j-cart']I thought the same thing.

Even though I worked this weekend, I saw Dredd in 3D last night and it was dope. Nothing spectacular, but dope. Tonight I'm going to see Looper, so my weekend is all about the movies.[/QUOTE]

Saw Looper last night. Enjoyed it. Willis and JGL were really good in it, even if I'm not a huge fan of time travel stories. Gonna see Dredd next weekend I think.

[quote name='distgfx']I can't get hype for Vortex/Option-Select Fighter 4 anymore.[/QUOTE]
It was cammy vs akuma. :cool:

Now FC is bickering over a draw and skisonic is yelling like an asshole.

[quote name='GUNNM']ah shit yo
Delivery Estimate: Tuesday October 2, 2012
Shipped
[/URL][/QUOTE]

360? Gross. "I can't see anything, it's all black!" "That's how you know it's a horror game!"

Speaking of, why hasn't mine shipped yet?!

[quote name='corrosivefrost']360? Gross. "I can't see anything, it's all black!" "That's how you know to shoot everything!"[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']360? Gross. "I can't see anything, it's all black!" "That's how you know it's a horror game!"

Speaking of, why hasn't mine shipped yet?![/QUOTE]

That's weird.

Mine has
probably. I'm assuming Best Buy already has them

[quote name='whoknows']That's weird.

Mine has
probably. I'm assuming Best Buy already has them
[/QUOTE]

Are you going to gameshare that Leon Mercenaries map with me, buddddy? :cool:

Relevant

iHmRLhvlvxFvm.gif

I just spent 5 hours writing an essay.

2 of those hours was me procrastinating against doing it and another 2 hours of watching The Voice for whatever reason.

I spend my time in the best way possible.

[quote name='Indignate']I just spent 5 hours writing an essay.

2 of those hours was me procrastinating against doing it and another 2 hours of watching The Voice for whatever reason.

I spend my time in the best way possible.[/QUOTE]

You are now the shining example on which I will base my continued existence! :cool:

My RE6 didn't ship because
I cancelled my preorder. Thankfully. The reviews are just as bad as the demo made it seem, if not worse.

[quote name='heavyd853']yoooo hit me up when this happens hahah[/QUOTE]
For sure.
[quote name='BlueScrote']I started writing a post on my favorite pixar movies and realized I couldn't order them. Only that the cars movies and a bugs life are on the bottom.[/QUOTE]
Me either. I basically love all of them.
[quote name='BlueScrote']Then again Halo 4 comes out a week earlier so there's no way I'll get it at launch.[/QUOTE]
Let me in on your Halo crew!

[quote name='The Crotch']Bumpy and uneven. 9/10

Absolute shit. 4.5/10[/QUOTE]

Yeah, looking at the metacritic for the PS3 version, the scores have 7 positives with a pretty even distribution between 75 and 92.

There's 1 mediocre review (Playstation Official UK) of 70 that just says it would have been better if it was shorter and more focused (from the clip they used on metacritic, at least).

Then there's the Gamespot review which gave it the 45.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']For sure.

Me either. I basically love all of them.

Let me in on your Halo crew![/QUOTE]

I'm always looking for people to play Halo with.

[quote name='The Crotch']Bumpy and uneven. 9/10

Absolute shit. 4.5/10[/QUOTE]
Pretty much. Its people expecting old style dog jumping out a window resident evil. When people realize that RE is dead they'll start to embrace this change.

The demo was better than RE5 and I liked RE5 so paint me happy when UPS delivers my game tomorrow.

[quote name='GUNNM']Pretty much. Its people expecting old style dog jumping out a window resident evil. When people realize that RE is dead they'll start to embrace this change.

The demo was better than RE5 and I liked RE5 so paint me happy when UPS delivers my game tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Even though I had a bunch of complaints about 5, I still had a bunch of fun with it. Am I constantly hoping for something that catches the magic of RE4 again? Yes. Did RE5? Not exactly. Will RE6? I dunno.

But since I don't give a damn about reviews, the fact that some people are bitching isn't going to sway me either way. What did sway me to cancel my pre-order initially was the horrible HDR in the 360 version and the fact that I couldn't *see* anything in Leon's campaign on my TV. After I played the PS3 version and saw the lighting was a bit different and worked okay on my TV, I put the pre-order back in, as I figured the $10 credit at Amazon was worth biting still. I'll play through it -- if I like it, I'll keep it. If not, I'll turn around and sell it for near what I paid for it. No big deal either way.

Yup if you hate it you can re-sell it for $30-40 anywhere. Also I got $10 back from amazon as well and a merc map so win/win!~

^__^ I'm pretty excited for mercs more than the story line tbh.

[quote name='GUNNM']Pretty much. Its people expecting old style dog jumping out a window resident evil. When people realize that RE is dead they'll start to embrace this change.

The demo was better than RE5 and I liked RE5 so paint me happy when UPS delivers my game tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
It has nothing to do with the old REs. If that was the case RE4 wouldn't be one of my favorite games and I even thought RE5 was ok. RE6 is just a bad game.

RE5 was funnish.

RE6 looks to be a lot better. Gonna grab it as soon as Best Buy opens tomorrow :bouncy:

I haven't played very many games in the past week.

Work, working out, training and visiting grandparents has been tying up my time.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']It has nothing to do with the old REs. If that was the case RE4 wouldn't be one of my favorite games and I even thought RE5 was ok. RE6 is just a bad game.[/QUOTE]

That's how I feel too. If it was a good action game, I'd be fine with buying RE6. From the demo though, it seemed to be the sum of everything I don't like about $60 games these days without any of the good stuff.

For what it's worth, I can appreciate, but do not particularly like, both survival horror and third-person shooters.

So I've got no Mexican fighting cock in this back-alley betting ring.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah, looking at the metacritic for the PS3 version, the scores have 7 positives with a pretty even distribution between 75 and 92.[/QUOTE]

I think he was making a statement about how the scores don't really match the text/use the full scale.

[quote name='ihadFG']I think he was making a statement about how the scores don't really match the text/use the full scale.[/QUOTE]
It was both that and the wide range (from, like, 9.5 to 3.0 or some shit on metacritic), but you're the first one to pick up on that bit.

Granted, I cherry-picked examples a bit, but the Gamestop review in particular seemed... bizarre to me. It shit on virtually ever aspect of the game, then ended with, "Eh, 4.5/10, I guess."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back