GGT 197: The Offical DOA5 Swimsuit Screenshot Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I can't think of a time I hated a demo and liked the game when I played it later.

There's stuff where the demo was short and underwhelming and I ended up liking the game I guess, but not where I outright hated it.

If I hated a demo, that just means the gameplay style wasn't for me at all, or I hated the controls, or thought it was overly difficult etc. and that's not generally going to change in the final release.

Anyway, I don't really bother much with demos. I really only make time for the AAA games in genres I like, and I don't have to play a demo to know that I'm going to like games like Skyrim or Borderlands 2, or sequels to my favorite game series etc.

[quote name='dmaul1114'] I really only make time for the AAA games in genres I like, and I don't have to play a demo to know that I'm going to like games like Skyrim or Borderlands 2, or sequels to my favorite game series etc.[/QUOTE]

Jer? Is that you? :lol:

I didn't like the FF12 demo that came with Dragon Quest 8, but I really liked the full game. Just some demos give you a shitty part or just plain suck. It happens. Or they just drop you into a game with no idea how you're supposed to play it and just say "Figure it out." Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

[quote name='j-cart']Also how dare you not call me attractive Hank. Ruined my dreams to make youtube videos.[/QUOTE]
So since you had issue with that part, I take it you're a lady then? Sorry, ma'am.
[quote name='Indignate']
AAA
or
No Play​
[/QUOTE]
All day.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I didn't like the FF12 demo that came with Dragon Quest 8, but I really liked the full game. Just some demos give you a shitty part or just plain suck. It happens. Or they just drop you into a game with no idea how you're supposed to play it and just say "Figure it out." Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
[/QUOTE]
Exactly. The Uncharted demo was totally a poor demo section, IMO. It seemed to focus on combat with minimal exploring and such -- yeah, I got a good idea of the combat mechanics and cover based shooting, but it didn't make me want to play the game. I was like "oh this looks nice, but it doesn't feel *right*". After I borrowed the game or found it for like $10 bucks, I said "oh, I should actually try the full game, since I repeatedly posted harsh opinions of the game based on the demo. After I played it, I found that I actually liked the full game... it was just that spot was not the spot of the game that would have sold me day one.

Brutal Legend? Holy fuck. That's a terrible demo. Leads you to believe it's sort of a hack and slash adventure type game, a little god of war-ish, maybe. Turns out it's an RTS? Yeah, I saw that coming.

Or how about MGS2 -- that demo that came with ZOE? Yeah, cool, this is amazing playing as Snake on the tanker. Go buy the game, play for 45 minutes? fuck! Who is this annoying douche? When can I play as Snake again?! (Never!)

I think I spent more time playing the demo for Daggerfall that my brother got from a gas-station-purchased PC Gamer than I did with Oblivion.

That was the fucking demo to end all god damn demos.

3.jpg

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Jer? Is that you? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Lol. Unlike him I actually stick to that mantra. No point in playing anything but the cream of the crop when you're only playing 5-10 games a year. :D

I forgot to mention this fine ass girl I saw at school today. We were walking in separate directions and when we passed each other I was all like "hi" and she was like "hi" and that was the end of that relationship.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Not really, but keep thinking that.

And if you don't understand the point I'm trying to make, that's not really my problem.
But just to help you out a little, the point I was discussing with Indignate was that game demos don't always represent the final product accurately. A lot of times they can, sure. But not always, and that's a fact, no matter how much you try to argue otherwise.[/QUOTE]
It's funny because you always pick something else out of an argument to make the main point, then you give all this evidence proving a point that has nothing to do with the original problem. The main point is not "Do demos accurately represent the final product." It's "Can you get impressions of a game from a demo." And the answer to the second question is yes. You certainly can get a very good impression from a demo no matter how it's cut. That's a fact, no matter how much you try to argue otherwise.
[quote name='distgfx']Demos are supposed to sell you on the game and if a demo sucks then you have every right to assume that the full game sucks. If the demo isn't a good representation of the final product then the developer has failed to sell you on their product and it's usually safe to assume that it's bad. There are very few demos where the final product is radically different from the demo. The core game is always the same and if you didn't like it then it's safe to assume you won't like the final game. Unless one of those weird people who didn't like the Bulletstorm demo, but liked the full game. It's the same fucking thing, you guys.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ihadFG']I don't think Rei's point is that demos are always 100% accurate to the full game. I think his point is that he can use even an inaccurate demo to get an idea of what a game's core design philosophy is like. Compare that with the text of reviews, and I'd say that's a pretty good way to tell if you'll like the full game or not.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Indignate']Exactly. The demo is meant to sell you on the game by providing you a portion of it. JAG, as he is known by his friends, got to experience much of what the game offered in terms of gameplay that convinced him to purchase the game. Because of that, he deemed the game as good and went out to purchase it. Sure, he might be pissed that he doesn't start off that way, but he knows that he will enjoy the game based off the demo. JAG's brother on the other hand, let's call him Fred, can play the same demo and decide that it either controls sloppily or doesn't have enough variety or something or another and decide that the game simply isn't worth his time. He can call it a bad game because of these factors and playing the actual product probably wouldn't change his mind.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, I can't think of a time I hated a demo and liked the game when I played it later.

There's stuff where the demo was short and underwhelming and I ended up liking the game I guess, but not where I outright hated it.

If I hated a demo, that just means the gameplay style wasn't for me at all, or I hated the controls, or thought it was overly difficult etc. and that's not generally going to change in the final release.

Anyway, I don't really bother much with demos. I really only make time for the AAA games in genres I like, and I don't have to play a demo to know that I'm going to like games like Skyrim or Borderlands 2, or sequels to my favorite game series etc.[/QUOTE]
Thank you guys, and we're done here.

[quote name='Indignate']Exactly. The demo is meant to sell you on the game by providing you a portion of it. JAG, as he is known by his friends, got to experience much of what the game offered in terms of gameplay that convinced him to purchase the game. Because of that, he deemed the game as good and went out to purchase it. Sure, he might be pissed that he doesn't start off that way, but he knows that he will enjoy the game based off the demo. JAG's brother on the other hand, let's call him Fred, can play the same demo and decide that it either controls sloppily or doesn't have enough variety or something or another and decide that the game simply isn't worth his time. He can call it a bad game because of these factors and playing the actual product probably wouldn't change his mind.[/QUOTE]

Did you guys catch the part where I said $$$ in here?

I'm not too proud of it, but it happened.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']It also has 100% pure concentrated awesome![/QUOTE]

I liked the part where the Nine-Tailed Fox makes an appearance.

[quote name='Indignate']I liked the part where the Nine-Tailed Fox makes an appearance.[/QUOTE]
My wife is actually watching "My Girlfriend is a Gumiho" right now. Gumiho=Korean nine-tailed fox.

Mostly all positive reviews for RE6. Yeah!

How embarrassed is Rei gonna be when he waits for a $20 sale and realizes he waited half a year or longer for the best game this console lifetime?

[quote name='GUNNM']Mostly all positive reviews for RE6. Yeah!

How embarrassed is Rei gonna be when he waits for a $20 sale and realizes he waited half a year or longer for the best game this console lifetime?[/QUOTE]
:cry:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']:cry:[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, GUNNM is going to be pretty embarrassed when Shrike figures out he's an alt account.

I will be shocked when I found out I'm an alt alternate account as well.

I'm watching sistar in HD while eating a lean burger. #YOLO

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Thank you guys, and we're done here.[/QUOTE]

I only skimmed everything and saw an argument over demos, but I'm assuming that my opinion coincided with the majority opinion for once.

[quote name='GUNNM']I will be shocked when I found out I'm an alt alternate account as well.

I'm watching sistar in HD while eating a lean burger. #YOLO[/QUOTE]

Cheddaz was pretty shocked when he found out.

[quote name='whoknows']Awww, I can't believe I missed that fun argument.[/QUOTE]

Who cares what the water was in the background. That wasn't the point of the video.

[quote name='The Crotch']America was on my side.[/QUOTE]

And America always wins. That's why Captain America is the best super hero video game.

[quote name='ihadFG']And America always wins. That's why Captain America is the best super hero video game.[/QUOTE]

It was so good the Batman games stole ideas from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back