GGT 199 thinks it can review games

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ihadFG']No, what was it?[/QUOTE]

They were all in there during the
Monster Showcase Elevator Sequence

Freaking hilarious movie still.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Has blizzard stopped sucking terran dick yet? I haven't followed the patches much.[/QUOTE]
You mean in WoL or in HotS?

Because WoL terran are looking kind of sad. Their only good high-tier units are the ghost and banshee; nothing with meat. Thors and BCs are both lame, and nearly useless in TvP.

Heart of the Swarm? It's kinda funny, Blizzard keeps giving them horribly overpowered things then realizing how horribly overpowerd it is and nerfing it into oblivion/removing it entirely. Before it was the warhound. Now it's the landmine with the anti-air, anti-cloaking, splash-damage rocket launcher.

Can't wait to go home and polish off Resident Evil 6. The last week of my life has consisted entirely of studying archaic/unusual words (I take the GRE Monday), playing RE6 and drinking. Heavy helpings of work mixed in too. It has been an interesting week haha.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Having a shield has always seemed to make the Souls game extremely easy.

Think I'll change things up.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. How far are along are you?

[quote name='panzerfaust']Rang the church bell, going underground now. Some ghost lady cut my throat open so I went back to studying.[/QUOTE]

Unless you have gone to youtube, you haven't seen anything yet.

Enjoy!

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Was that supposed to be funny? I mean it's an obvious attempt at sarcasm, but it's just horrible.[/QUOTE]
While quite a bit of that was laced with sarcasm, he does prefer new Dante to old Dante.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Was that supposed to be funny? I mean it's an obvious attempt at sarcasm, but it's just horrible.[/QUOTE]

It'd be better if I wrote it.

EDIT: Actually, I will.

I like old dante, sterling likes new dante. Old dante has now been proven to be better. Now laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hai guys, umm...

Darkstalkers Resurrection will bring two of the franchise’s games to the Playstation Network and Xbox Live Arcade as a single, downloadable bundle early next year, Capcom just announced during a New York Comic Con 2012 panel.

The package includes 1994‘s Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors and Darkstalkers III, and is being produced by Capcom's Derek Neil.

Both games will include GGPO-technology to reduce online gameplay lag, HD filtering with multiple viewing options, replay sharing, spectator mode, in-game achievements, challenge/tutorial mode and an unlockable vault filled concept art, videos and more.

The online matchmaking will follow in the footsteps of Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition and Marvel vs. Capcom Origins, which include upgraded matchmaking with additional options such as region matching, ping lock and ping display. The title will also feature YouTube replay uploading.

This reveal comes after years of Capcom's Yoshinori Ono dropping hints about revisiting the 90s gothic horror fighter franchise. Whether fans of the series will be satiated by this re-release remains to be seen.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/10/11/3490410/capcom-unveils-new-old-darkstalkers-game

I'm about 5-6 hours into Dishonored now and so far it's easily one of my favorite games this year. If it keeps it up the quality, it'll probably be one of my favorites this gen. So far I've managed to avoid killing anyone or alerting any guards.

So, rented Uncharted 3 yesterday. Ragequit today during the shipyard section. Personally, I think the shine has really come off the series.

On the good side, I got the newest Game Informer and it gave me great joy to see Ni No Kuni featured on the cover. (Apparently as part of a series of games under the radar. Not sure how you can say Beyond: Two Souls is under the radar if just that very little is known about it.)

[quote name='ihadFG']I'm about 5-6 hours into Dishonored now and so far it's easily one of my favorite games this year. If it keeps it up the quality, it'll probably be one of my favorites this gen. So far I've managed to avoid killing anyone or alerting any guards.[/QUOTE]

Pacifist run? Why am I not surprised?

[quote name='ihadFG']I'm about 5-6 hours into Dishonored now and so far it's easily one of my favorite games this year. If it keeps it up the quality, it'll probably be one of my favorites this gen. So far I've managed to avoid killing anyone or alerting any guards.[/QUOTE]
I'm doing the opposite. Stealthing, but killing everyone before they see me.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'm doing the opposite. Stealthing, but killing everyone before they see me.[/QUOTE]

This is somewhat manly.

[quote name='j-cart']God damn it linkpwns.

Next time tell me that it is a Sterling article so that he doesn't get hits from me.[/QUOTE]

You know, I used to not mind his bs, but after a while his shtick gets a bit old.

Found the cabin in the woods easter egg
l4d
jpBdSh.jpg

FjaeGh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheLongshot']So, rented Uncharted 3 yesterday. Ragequit today during the shipyard section. Personally, I think the shine has really come off the series.[/QUOTE]

I know me and uraizen (and I think another GGTer as well) also hated that section the most. I was really disappointed in that game overall.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Pacifist run? Why am I not surprised?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='distgfx']You always knew he was a bitch.[/QUOTE]

Honestly I do them for the challenge/feeling of accomplishment. After I finish the game this way, I'll probably go back one day and mess around with all the cool lethal ways to deal with people.

[quote name='TheLongshot']So, rented Uncharted 3 yesterday. Ragequit today during the shipyard section. Personally, I think the shine has really come off the series.

On the good side, I got the newest Game Informer and it gave me great joy to see Ni No Kuni featured on the cover. (Apparently as part of a series of games under the radar. Not sure how you can say Beyond: Two Souls is under the radar if just that very little is known about it.)[/QUOTE]

The Ship Yard is the the slowest part of Uncharted 3. The game picks up again after that, but you can tell Uncharted 3 was a rushed product.

[quote name='Indignate']There's nothing manly about stabbing someone in the back.

Just ask Zeki, the five year old girl.[/QUOTE]

Ninjas would like a word with you.

Mass Effect wasn't that buggy. Invisible enemies and hovering characters aside.

Xcom has characters looking in the wrong direction when they shoot. It has weapons getting stuck in hands (my sniper, for example, once had his rifle stuck in his hands even when firing his pistol or throwing a grenade). It has an item that sometimes falls through the floor of the map. Sometimes the regular tooltips are replaced with Xbox tooltips. It has tiles that go god damn crazy when hover the mouse over them, making them almost impossible to move to (though I think there's only one map with that). It has enemies that I can see and shoot (and that can presumably see and shoot me, though I didn't give them the chance) even though they're inside a building with no windows. It has characters hovering in the air. It has spotty detection on nearby airborne enemies.

Most significantly, the game once overrode my choice of missions, sending me into a fight in India when I chose to send my squad to France. That was fucking bullshit.

Bugs aside, I have two major problems with the game. No picking up items off the ground is absolutely terrible. My medic is on the ground, bleeding out? Can't pick up his medkit and heal him. Trying to capture an alien and the guy with the taser goes down? fuck it, guess we just have to kill everything.

The second major problem for me is the whole "free move" thing that aliens get when you encounter them. It's fine if they use it to retreat and take cover, which happens in 95% of the cases, but it's pretty fucking bullshit when chrysalids or berserkers get to magically appear in the middle of my squad.

Bugs and those two terrible, terrible things aside? Game's damn good. The smaller squad size works way better than I thought it would.

I remember watching my friend play GRAW's campaign and having one of his AI dudes rocket launcher the wall directly in front of him, killing his whole squad.

[quote name='The Crotch']Mass Effect wasn't that buggy. Invisible enemies and hovering characters aside.

Xcom has characters looking in the wrong direction when they shoot. It has weapons getting stuck in hands (my sniper, for example, once had his rifle stuck in his hands even when firing his pistol or throwing a grenade). It has an item that sometimes falls through the floor of the map. Sometimes the regular tooltips are replaced with Xbox tooltips. It has tiles that go god damn crazy when hover the mouse over them, making them almost impossible to move to (though I think there's only one map with that). It has enemies that I can see and shoot (and that can presumably see and shoot me, though I didn't give them the chance) even though they're inside a building with no windows. It has characters hovering in the air. It has spotty detection on nearby airborne enemies.

Most significantly, the game once overrode my choice of missions, sending me into a fight in India when I chose to send my squad to France. That was fucking bullshit.

Bugs aside, I have two major problems with the game. No picking up items off the ground is absolutely terrible. My medic is on the ground, bleeding out? Can't pick up his medkit and heal him. Trying to capture an alien and the guy with the taser goes down? fuck it, guess we just have to kill everything.

The second major problem for me is the whole "free move" thing that aliens get when you encounter them. It's fine if they use it to retreat and take cover, which happens in 95% of the cases, but it's pretty fucking bullshit when chrysalids or berserkers get to magically appear in the middle of my squad.

Bugs and those two terrible, terrible things aside? Game's damn good. The smaller squad size works way better than I thought it would.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The Crotch']Xcom bug count: really fucking high.[/QUOTE]
That's funny because I'm playing it on the PS3 and haven't encountered a single bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back