GGT 205 took a bath with a bald white man and a baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ihadFG']I mean that I hated the stuff with The Governor.[/QUOTE]
You have terrible taste.

The Governor was one of the best parts in the comics! I love him so, so much more in the show though!

The comic hits a real low point after they get to the community after the Prison. I've been sooo bored for so long. Negan is hilarious though, so hopefully it'll get better now.

Also, Rick is a pimp. Andrea's gettin' the D and Michonne wants it so goddamned bad.

Jeezus, M$ FedEx'd my $15 copy of Forza Horizon by air. Damn thing got here today.

Now I kind of wish I had ordered more.... :p

[quote name='CaptainJoel']
Also, Rick is a pimp. Andrea's gettin' the D and Michonne wants it so goddamned bad.[/QUOTE]
Carl went from my most hated character to he ain't so bad this season.

No Lori reminded me why I hated her so much in every scene. I hope cool mustache prisoner dude gets more screen time

[quote name='GUNNM']Carl went from my most hated character to he ain't so bad this season.[/QUOTE]
I always hate Carl. Wish Kirkman didn't have such a hardon for him and would off him. He has grown into a cool kid in the comics, though.

[quote name='GUNNM']No Lori reminded me why I hated her so much in every scene. I hope cool mustache prisoner dude gets more screen time[/QUOTE]
Axle will probably get more screentime than T-Dogg did.

How was t-dogg such a fan favorite and hardly got any screen time? That'd be like saying that guy who poured the governor some lemonade was my favorite character

FTL Complaint #1: it's way too easy for defences to improve faster than weapons. Not finding any good weapons in stores or from random encounters? Well I hope you enjoy trading laser salvoes back and forth with ships, neither side taking any real damage, until one of you leaves.

DoA5 just has a weird fucking system, have no clue why the series is known to be noob friendly when there is nothing logical for new players to latch onto. Mash combos...that are completely counterable, even on hit.

Otherwise it looks pretty cool in training mode and against AI.

If I wasn't so mired in Borderlands 2, I'd continue playing Episode 1 of Walking Dead.

I guess I'll just wait until the collection comes out on disc....

[quote name='CaptainJoel']You have terrible taste.

The Governor was one of the best parts in the comics! I love him so, so much more in the show though!

The comic hits a real low point after they get to the community after the Prison. I've been sooo bored for so long. Negan is hilarious though, so hopefully it'll get better now.

Also, Rick is a pimp. Andrea's gettin' the D and Michonne wants it so goddamned bad.[/QUOTE]
michonne only likes black guys

s9Sn5.png

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']michonne only likes black guys[/QUOTE]
You see that look she gave Rick a couple of issues ago? She wants the dick. not even joking. It may even be something as base as she wants sex from him, but she DOES want him.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']The possible spoiler is Negan and that's like from 5 months ago.[/QUOTE]

I was talking about how you implied T-Dawg was dead.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']You see that look she gave Rick a couple of issues ago? She wants the dick. not even joking. It may even be something as base as she wants sex from him, but she DOES want him.[/QUOTE]
idk, i read by the compendium, what issue was it.

also her character is being handled very poorly in the show.
its been like 6-7 episodes and all shes been is angry black chick with big butt in tight jeans with a quasi lesbian relationship with andrea.
shes a much more complex interesting character in comics imo

[quote name='distgfx']I actually went to check to see if that was a thing.[/QUOTE]

Well, there's really a Gangnam Style DLC for Just Dance 4....

[quote name='gunm']Well, there's really a Gangnam Style DLC for Just Dance 4....[/QUOTE]

And it is totally awesome!

Not really, it has already been banned in the office.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']idk, i read by the compendium, what issue was it.

also her character is being handled very poorly in the show.
its been like 6-7 episodes and all shes been is angry black chick with big butt in tight jeans with a quasi lesbian relationship with andrea.
shes a much more complex interesting character in comics imo[/QUOTE]
It's like 103, I think. And yeah, she's not all that great in the show. Hilarious.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I kind of want this...[/QUOTE]
WANTWANTWANT

FTL complaint #2: it seems like enemy ships aren't affected by ion storms (environmental hazards that disable a bunch of your equipment). This is odd, as they are affected by other environmental hazards like asteroid fields and solar flares. Maybe their AI just wasn't up to it.[quote name='CaptainJoel']You see that look she gave Rick a couple of issues ago? She wants the dick. not even joking. It may even be something as base as she wants sex from him, but she DOES want him.[/QUOTE]
Michonne only likes guys that
die five issues later
[quote name='hankmecrankme']
s9Sn5.png
[/QUOTE]
Let's run this internet into the fuckin' ground!

Alright, I kinda have to take back my second FTL complaint. I just met a ship that was indeed pretty fucked up by an ion storm, and yeah, the AI was having some trouble with it. I guess the ships I was meeting before had massive power surpluses so they didn't have to drop any weapons or shields in the storm.

[quote name='ihadFG']I mean that I hated the stuff with The Governor.[/QUOTE]

Say what???!?!? That was the best part of the series by a long shot!!!!

Oh, hey. I see your game's been going pretty decently. Healthy crew count, albeit a little homogeneous, decent shields, a good missile launcher...

Who, me? Oh, I'm just a randomly generated, randomly placed pirate ship with twice the weapons you have, better shields, and cloaking. Get the fuck back to the beginning of the game, douchbag.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Considering the show is one of the most boring things I've seen in my life, I'd say the game is better. I don't know how the show is now, but up until the midpoint of the second season it bored me to hell.[/QUOTE]

To each their own of course. And you and I seldom ever like the same things anyway. :D

The show did drag a little around the middle of last season I'd agree, but I still enjoyed it as I really like the characters and watch the show more as a character drama than for zombie action.

Season 3 has been more action heavy though.

The reason I don't like The Governor in the comics is that the thing I adore about The Walking Dead is that most things are morally gray. It's about humans surviving and making difficult choices to do so. That's why I love Shane as a "villain" in the TV show. The Governor in the comics is a complete psychopath. The evilest of evil. The comic was no longer about humans surviving, and was about humans vs. a psycho. That bored me. It was too comic book over-the-top.

[quote name='j-cart']What is FTL? And should I care?[/QUOTE]
Like I said, "Better Than Rewatching Firefly or Battlestar Galactica: The Game".

The plot - you're a federation ship with some important information that has to outfly the rebel fleet from one side of the map to the other - is just an excuse to cruise around getting in to trouble. Though ship difficulty is scaled, encounters are random. Maybe the first thing you find is an asteroid field and a rebel ambush. Maybe you find an exploding space station and one of your crewmen gives up their lives to rescue the alien on board, so now instead of your ship being piloted by some chick named Mara you have a giant preying mantis at the helm. Maybe it's a slaver ship that demands one of your crew. Maybe it's nothing.

It can be total bullshit - running into an enemy with thick shields and a defence drone is pretty much the worst fucking thing ever - but it can be awesome at the same time. It's all about trying to put yourself into a position where you can overcome whatever the game throws at you next.

[quote name='ihadFG']The reason I don't like The Governor in the comics is that the thing I adore about The Walking Dead is that most things are morally gray. It's about humans surviving and making difficult choices to do so. That's why I love Shane as a "villain" in the TV show. The Governor in the comics is a complete psychopath. The evilest of evil. The comic was no longer about humans surviving, and was about humans vs. a psycho. That bored me. It was too comic book over-the-top.[/QUOTE]
But you know that would happen in a real Zombie apocalypse, so it's not really that over the top. I know that I'd totally be down with everything he did (minus the rape). Also, I don't see how that book is morally grey in the least bit. Then again, I suppose I don't have the best morals as things go.

The Governor arc in The Walking Dead comic was awesome. The dude was totally nuts, but the right kind of nuts. The world is in ruin, what would you do to keep you and your people safe?

[quote name='ihadFG']The reason I don't like The Governor in the comics is that the thing I adore about The Walking Dead is that most things are morally gray. It's about humans surviving and making difficult choices to do so. That's why I love Shane as a "villain" in the TV show. The Governor in the comics is a complete psychopath. The evilest of evil. The comic was no longer about humans surviving, and was about humans vs. a psycho. That bored me. It was too comic book over-the-top.[/QUOTE]

"It's about humans surviving and making difficult choices to do so" and "That's why I love Shane" don't go together. What is it that Shane did? Try to kill his best friend so he can fuck his wife? Welcome to daytime drama. Shane wasn't a good villain, hell, Shane wasn't a good anything. He was only around to serve as an antithesis to Rick until they could get Rick to the place he needed to be at the end of the second season.

[quote name='Indignate']"It's about humans surviving and making difficult choices to do so" and "That's why I love Shane" don't go together. What is it that Shane did? Try to kill his best friend so he can fuck his wife? Welcome to daytime drama. Shane wasn't a good villain, hell, Shane wasn't a good anything. He was only around to serve as an antithesis to Rick until they could get Rick to the place he needed to be at the end of the second season.[/QUOTE]

Shane falling in love with Lori and wanting Rick gone was far more human to me than The Governor raping women and killing everyone. Plus, the difficult choices thing was at it's best when Shane killed Otis in the TV Show. That's a prime example of the kind of "villainous" behavior I like in this kind of series. I don't want to see someone who rapes and kills everyone because YOTHISGUYISEVIL. That's too black and white for this kind of series. I'm more interested in struggles within the group dynamic as a result of the setting. I'm more interested in good people doing questionable things than good people fighting an evil dude.

Oh, and permadeath. I've had plenty of restarts so far. FTL calls itself "roguelike", which basically translates to lots of randomization, only one save slot, and forced quitting on save. Everything's going fine until four mantises board you and head straight for your shielding while missiles pound the shit out of your weapons and oxygen. In retrospect, maybe I could have tried asphyxiating the mantises instead of fighting them hand-to-hand, but air was pretty hard to come by in that fight...[quote name='TheLongshot']I expected people to say that, but considering all the work that probably went into it, what do you expect them to charge? At least for that price you are getting new content.[/QUOTE]
I'm still not clear what makes it so much better than "Baldur's gate with a bunch of mods and fixpacks".

But their site is down, so I guess that means things are going well for them so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back