GGT 205 took a bath with a bald white man and a baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='j-cart']EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW DOA 5.

BTW you have Gran Turismo 5 two years too late. Those race nights were fun times.[/QUOTE]

I paid $10, I got it right on time.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']About time you got P4A.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't something I was willing to pay $60 for. I still think it's a shallow fighter, but it'll probably be fun to screw around with. There's a surprising amount of people I know who still have it and want to play.

[quote name='Indignate']Stop having prime.[/QUOTE]

Make me.

270622_bonusLG.jpg

A tibetan sand fox cool picture but not sure what that has to do with anything.

free 6 months of amazon prime if you use your school e-mail.

Do I want cyborg ninja from the original metal gear solid or do I want to use my $20 credit on amazon toward metal gear rising reanvnegnance?

Conclusions on The Walking Dead:

Pretty cool. Occasional silly parts. Main complaint is the voice acting and some of the dialogue for Clementine, which is kind of A Big Deal. Glad I waited until all five episodes were out. Nail puller in the third episode is still one of the highlights of the whole thing, though I was disappointed I didn't actually get to pull any nails with it.

Now I need to find something else to Go On about.

[quote name='GUNNM']Do I want cyborg ninja from the original metal gear solid or do I want to use my $20 credit on amazon toward metal gear rising reanvnegnance?[/QUOTE]

cyborg ninja

devious ass gamestop forced my hand on that one

I wonder if the grey fox twist had any impact on U.S. audiences when MGS came out. It's not like we got MG2: Solid Snake. thankfully we did finally get it on MGS3 because that game kicks serious ass.

edit: oh, i guess he was in the NES version.

[quote name='The Crotch']Conclusions on The Walking Dead:

Pretty cool. Occasional silly parts. Main complaint is the voice acting and some of the dialogue for Clementine, which is kind of A Big Deal. Glad I waited until all five episodes were out. Nail puller in the third episode is still one of the highlights of the whole thing, though I was disappointed I didn't actually get to pull any nails with it.

Now I need to find something else to Go On about.[/QUOTE]

I have only finished up to episode 3 and I have been impressed with the game. I think the voice acting has been extremely well done and all the sequences with Clem and Lee really brings home the game for me.

[quote name='gunm']uraizen, is One Piece Pirate Warriors any good?

Day off today, and I didn't play a goddamn thing yet. Shit.[/QUOTE]

That's a question better suited for whoknows.

[quote name='gunm']uraizen, is One Piece Pirate Warriors any good?

Day off today, and I didn't play a goddamn thing yet. Shit.[/QUOTE]

It's Musou with One Piece, don't buy it if you don't like Musou games.

[quote name='distgfx']It's Musou with One Piece, don't buy it if you don't like Musou games.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

whoknows likes it + musou = Money saved. :cool:

[quote name='GUNNM']Does Boa get stronger if you team up with luffy?[/QUOTE]

Obviously.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Somebody sell me on Twitcher 2. Why should I buy it?

"waits for J-cart"[/QUOTE]

You should skip it because sequels are never as good as the original.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Somebody sell me on Twitcher 2. Why should I buy it?

I like the game, but it wasn't until my second playthrough. The first chapter of that game sucks balls and isn't good until you understand how the game works since it does such a piss poor job of getting you into its mechanics. Not to mention the in-game "codex" sucks and fuck all is explained about the world. If you can get past that, it's an interesting game.

I'm... not that big on it. Part of the problem is probably the fact that I dropped the first one after only an hour or two, but... eh. I'll finish The Witcher 2 some day.

[quote name='whoknows']You should skip it because sequels are never as good as the original.[/QUOTE]
This is true. . .
[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I like the game, but it wasn't until my second playthrough. The first chapter of that game sucks balls and isn't good until you understand how the game works since it does such a piss poor job of getting you into its mechanics. Not to mention the in-game "codex" sucks and fuck all is explained about the world. If you can get past that, it's an interesting game.[/QUOTE]
Interesting. Love games that just drop you in and barely tell you shit. "Yo, figure it out yourself!"
[quote name='The Crotch']I'm... not that big on it. Part of the problem is probably the fact that I dropped the first one after only an hour or two, but... eh. I'll finish The Witcher 2 some day.[/QUOTE]
I dumped the first one about 3 hours in, but this was pre Enhanced Edition. Never went back. . .

One thing about Witcher 2, the controls are not the same as Witcher 1. Movement is all through keyboard and attacks are with left and right mouse button clicks. Blocking and dodging are keys to fighting, as is keeping that shield spell up at all times.

Unfortunately, you'd need to play witcher 1 to get the full breadth of the story, but it shouldn't matter too much overall.

See, a big part of my problem is that Geralt has this relationship built up with all these characters that I just don't give a fuck about. He's had plenty of time to get to know these people but to me they're just mohawk, tits, and "comic relief". And I shouldn't complain about that because I'm the one jumping straight in to the second game, but the first kinda pulled that shit, too. They went the "the main character has forgotten his past" route without realizing why that's A Thing in fiction, dumping him right in the middle of a bunch of people that know and respect and want to help him. Maybe their hands were tied by the novels or something; I don't know.

And yeah, there's some iffy combat and the whole thing can feel really god damn silly sometimes and some sidequests are a little fucked and it's unstable as all hell for me and... I really want to like the series, and some parts of The Witcher 2 are genuinely cool, and CD Projekt itself is awesome (they run GOG and are responsible for a lot of really high quality RPG translation in Poland), I just... I can't get in to their games.

EDIT: Also, Steam never put FTL up for sale.

Everything is ruined forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joystiq is a bunch Wii U haters.

Everything looks and plays better on the Wii U. They should put that on the box so people know. Just like how MS let's people know when games are better with Kinect.

[quote name='The Crotch']See, a big part of my problem is that Geralt has this relationship built up with all these characters that I just don't give a fuck about. He's had plenty of time to get to know these people but to me they're just mohawk, tits, and "comic relief". And I shouldn't complain about that because I'm the one jumping straight in to the second game, but the first kinda pulled that shit, too. They went the "the main character has forgotten his past" route without realizing why that's A Thing in fiction, dumping him right in the middle of a bunch of people that know and respect and want to help him. Maybe their hands were tied by the novels or something; I don't know.

And yeah, there's some iffy combat and the whole thing can feel really god damn silly sometimes and some sidequests are a little fucked and it's unstable as all hell for me and... I really want to like the series, and some parts of The Witcher 2 are genuinely cool, and CD Projekt itself is awesome (they run GOG and are responsible for a lot of really high quality RPG translation in Poland), I just... I can't get in to their games.

EDIT: Also, Steam never put FTL up for sale.

Everything is ruined forever.[/QUOTE]

The story of Geralt spand beyond the game. He is of Polish folk lore, which is why the game kind of expects you to know about the characters.

The book is pretty god damn awesome, just a bunch of mini tales of Geralt and how he proves his badassery around the world.

While The Witcher series has a lot of Polish folk lore in it, Geralt himself was created by Sapkowski for his books. He's a fantasy character, not Slavic Beowulf.

Anyway, the fact that one can explain the reason for the thing that I'm complaining about doesn't make it any less bad. Planescape Torment had an optional area (I didn't even realize it existed on my first playthrough) called the Rubikon Dungeon that was designed as a parody of shitty dungeon crawl RPGs. And while it had a few humourous bits and contained a really cool character, it was a godawful fucking slog and the absolute worst part of the game, and the fact that it was a parody didn't really help much when I was searching hundreds of identical, monster-filled rooms arranged in a completely random layout.

I liked The Witcha 2 even though I stopped playing it halfway through. I thought the combat was fun and engaging and I didn't really have a problem with the way the story or the characters were presented. The only real problem I had with the game was that the elves were never shown as being a truly viable option during the fork. I still don't understand why anybody would want to go with them who aren't just doing it to see both paths or just have a hard on for elves.

Speaking of hard ons, The Walking Dead is really good, even though some characters are suffering from a case of T-Dawg. Favorite character is definitely Carley. Chick is fuckin rad and Lee should tap that. I finished the second episode tonight
and it's great how quickly Kenny turned into a piece of shit.

[quote name='Indignate']. Favorite character is definitely Carley. Chick is fuckin rad and Lee should tap that.[/QUOTE]
I'll be here for you after episode 3...

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'll be here for you after episode 3...[/QUOTE]

Certainly a
GOD DAMN WTF LILY MOMENT!

/edit:

Also, I rock a Nostromo, so I spent a decent amount of time in the arena mode in The Witcher 2 to iron out my controls. The alchemy tree is so godlike that you can be rocking triple HP with increased blade damage. My enjoyment may have had to do with me getting blitzed, headphoneson and light out, but I was sucked into the world of Geralt. It has been awhile since I have played just one game all the way through and The Witcher 2 was that game.

Every PC gamer needs a Nostromo, that thing is awesome.

And Hankypanky, check your gift box.

[quote name='j-cart']
/edit:

Also, I rock a Nostromo, so I spent a decent amount of time in the arena mode in The Witcher 2 to iron out my controls. The alchemy tree is so godlike that you can be rocking triple HP with increased blade damage. My enjoyment may have had to do with me getting blitzed, headphoneson and light out, but I was sucked into the world of Geralt. It has been awhile since I have played just one game all the way through and The Witcher 2 was that game.

Every PC gamer needs a Nostromo, that thing is awesome.

And Hankypanky, check your gift box.[/QUOTE]

I just looked up what a Nostromo is and wtf is that monstrosity.

[quote name='j-cart']Certainly a
GOD DAMN WTF LILY MOMENT!
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that sucked. And sucks it's not a decision you can affect and happens no matter what.

After that I
left her ass behind. Had let Kenny bash Larry's brains in too rather than trying to save him. Those two annoyed the shit out of me so I was happy to get rid of them, consequences be damned).

Haven't gotten time to move on to Ep 4 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back