GGT 211 desperately needs a reboot. WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, powered through Spec Ops like a champ.

In brief: a lot of really awesome shit undermined by the fact that the two major turning points in the game only occur because the protagonist is quite possibly the stupidest motherfucker in the world.

Gameplay's alright, I guess. Third-person shooters aren't really my thing. Most of the guns feel good. Wish people would stop mapping everything to the same fucking keys. Kinda wish I had a god damn health bar, too.

Hi, I'm Spec Ops "No Colon" The Line. As you probably already heard, I'm a military shooter that's about how military shooters are bad. Regardless, I'm going to go into slow motion every time you get a head shot because fuck you you piece of shit.

Also, I probably have the weakest exploding barrel technology ever. Shit looks like firecrackers.

it's mocking the genre so it has an excuse to be completely mediocre. get with it.

In brief: a lot of really awesome shit undermined by the fact that the two major turning points in the game only occur because the protagonist is quite possibly the stupidest motherer in the world.

on one hand i'm willing to let all that slide, i get it's a fantasy playground for them to work their magic or whatever. but the decisions walker makes are so out of line that it's impossible for me to be in sync with the character, and thus all of the game's criticisms of me fly right over my head.

"do you feel like a hero yet?" fuck off.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']

Holy fuck. I want this game so bad now. Not even joking when I tell you that I preordered it just off that now.[/QUOTE]
That wasn't my intention...

I've thought about playing Spec Ops, but I'm too busy causing mayhem in Sleeping Dawgs.

Besides, I watched my friend play most of Spec Ops. Shit's hilarious.

[quote name='panzerfaust']i forgot my SWTOR password and my secret question is one i don't remember answering.[/QUOTE]

You should see my passwords, they are like legit passwords.

[quote name='The Crotch']I remember my password. I'm just not playing The Old Republic.

CAH tonight for either of you?[/QUOTE]

Deal still stands.

[quote name='GUNNM']
Dude the game sucks I forced myself to beat it to get the $38 TIV at amazon
I tried playing the MP for that one achievement of winning a game but I couldn't be arsed.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Connor is one of the worst protagonists ever.
[/QUOTE]

ffffffuuuuuuuuu not filling me with much confidence.

Super simple. The only thing you really need to know is that if you get the YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS card, you should probably save it until it's my turn.

If you get on now you can hear me play Spec Ops "Guitar Riff" The Line.

I'm about to shoot white phosphorus at people because this game is as edgy as Homefront.

Hey, you see this huge group of people that are just standing around? Yeah, those that looked like they're caged in and not scrambling around to get weapons? Go ahead and shoot a couple bombs at them. No worries.

Oh, and while you do that, we're not going to show you as it happens, because you've become so detached. What was that? This looks like a scene out of Call of Duty? Nope, I have no idea what you're talking about. And is that your reflection in the computer while you bomb those obvious solider dudes? Geez, don't you look like some kind of fuckin monster.

In the games defense, I already knew what happens here. But come on.

It's okay, cuz we're not just reloading now.

We're fucking reloading.

Tango down? Nah.

I Got That Motherfuckin Hostile!

Shit's taken a turn.

[quote name='The Crotch']The first Baldur's Gate is... Well, as Bioware's first-ever RPG and second-ever game, it was pretty fucking amazing. But it aged terribly, whereas the other IE games just aged poorly.[/quote]You take that back.

[quote name='The Crotch']
cV0FV.jpg

I was heartbroken when I found out this was fake.
[/QUOTE]Dead give away - That profile screamed, "I'm sitting on my a$$ at home doing nothing all day." Ayn Rand fanatic would rather be dead than contributing nothing.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']I hear talk this thread is only for "hipsters"?[/QUOTE]I was a GGT before it was cool.
tongue.gif

Few noticed this but the game doesn't actually let you fail the "choices" that drive the story forward. You can't let the hostage die on the plane or you will get a game over, for example. It's a pretty lame magic trick they got going on but you begin to see through it, and how it's all built to make you do a lot of dumb shit.

But you chose to play Spec Ops, the game should of bothered you so much that you should of put it down. But instead you were hooked on how entertaining the combat was.

[quote name='Indignate']Why does this game keep throwing choices at me that don't mean anything? Is that the point?

I'm going to stop playing now.[/QUOTE]

Excellent choice, motherfucker!!

[quote name='panzerfaust']Few noticed this but the game doesn't actually let you fail the "choices" that drive the story forward.[/QUOTE]

Then they're not choices. I mean, the game even says that.

"We don't have a CHOICE!"

"There's always a fuckin CHOICE!"

"Not this time bitch my hand was forced bombs away!"

Dialogue exchange I never want to hear in a game again:

"There was no choice!"

"There's always" a choice."

EDIT: I totally typed this before you posted that.
[quote name='guinaevere']You take that back.[/QUOTE]
My first BG character was a cavalier who specialized inhalberds. In halberds, Gwen! Do you know how many halberds are in Baldur's Gate? Two. There are two halberds in Baldur's Gate. One is near Nashkel. The other is in the Iron Throne building.

Damn you Bioware, I just wanted to play a dude with a halberd.
[quote name='guinaevere'] Dead give away - That profile screamed, "I'm sitting on my a$$ at home doing nothing all day." Ayn Rand fanatic would rather be dead than contributing nothing.[/QUOTE]
What, so now we're supposed to act in accordance with the things we profess to believe? That sounds time consuming.

[quote name='Indignate']It's okay, cuz we're not just reloading now.

We're fucking reloading.

Tango down? Nah.

I Got That Motherfuckin Hostile!

Shit's taken a turn.[/QUOTE]

tango suckah

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Going on a week of waiting for Gamefly to receieve the games I sent back. Hmm...[/QUOTE]
Looks like a post man gave himself an early/late christmas gift

Played the first few, four I think, chapters of Spec Ops. That is some pretty awful writing and I have no idea what the fuck is going on. I guess the gameplay is decent, but the neverending sandstorm is pretty annoying.

Y'know, I've got a pretty foul mouth in both real life and the internet. fuck and shit and Jesus titty-fucking Christ and ratfuck-bastard and all that; fairly common depending on my company. But I'm still usually pretty careful about what I say: no cheap short-hands. No "gay", no "retard", etc. It's lazy and petty.

This isn't me trying some sort of pathetic and terrible bragging. No, I put all that out there so that y'all can better appreciate the following: God damn, panzerfaust. You cannonballed into the deepest end of the god damn autistic pool for that CAH game.

Which actually turned out to be kind of fun. We all tried to go through this weird reverse-logic whenever your turn came up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back