GGT 211 desperately needs a reboot. WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
69fJ0.gif

[quote name='j-cart']Nice one Hotline Miami.

Now you gave me a reason to go back and play you again.[/QUOTE]

And what would that be?
When I finished chapter 19, I promptly cleared it off my HDD... so I'm curious.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Going on a week of waiting for Gamefly to receieve the games I sent back. Hmm...[/QUOTE]
Happens sometimes. I've been waiting for about a week and a half now for them to get Dishonored back, so I'm guessing maybe it's just an influx of new users making shipping slow. Usually happens every Christmas.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I don't give a fuck how ratokckkokkeenn grew up and taught his fat friend how to hunt.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, neither did I. Then again, Connor is a shitty ass character and I care about nothing outside of his baller-ass father.

[quote name='The Crotch']Y'know, I've got a pretty foul mouth in both real life and the internet. fuck and shit and Jesus titty-fucking Christ and ratfuck-bastard and all that; fairly common depending on my company. But I'm still usually pretty careful about what I say: no cheap short-hands. No "gay", no "retard", etc. It's lazy and petty.

This isn't me trying some sort of pathetic and terrible bragging. No, I put all that out there so that y'all can better appreciate the following: God damn, panzerfaust. You cannonballed into the deepest end of the god damn autistic pool for that CAH game.

Which actually turned out to be kind of fun. We all tried to go through this weird reverse-logic whenever your turn came up.
[/QUOTE]
That was a great game even if Panzer made things ridiculously boring. I had a real time trying to explain that to my girlfriend.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']And what would that be?
When I finished chapter 19, I promptly cleared it off my HDD... so I'm curious.[/QUOTE]

I never put it together, but there are puzzle pieces in the game that gives you a different ending @ chapter 19.

Time to get those puzzle pieces!

[quote name='j-cart']I never put it together, but there are puzzle pieces in the game that gives you a different ending @ chapter 19.

Time to get those puzzle pieces![/QUOTE]

I did see something about "puzzle" as an option in the quit menu... wasn't quite sure what that was about, but wasn't interested enough to pursue either. :)
Ok, I youtubed it. No wonder I didn't find the puzzle pieces and totally better to just youtube the ending, IMO. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='j-cart']What about the achievements?![/QUOTE]

Didn't like the game enough to go for them -- played it through and decided I was done and had my fill. :)

Been trying to go through my backlog of games: last night it was Mass Effect 2. Yes, TWO.

But now Demon Souls servers are reset to Pure White. Darn, I completely forgot how to play that game. Tonight will be interesting....

I seem to have missed a cutscene thing in Hotline Miami (I quit just as it was starting, thinking it would let me view it when I next started playing) and I don't think there's any way for me to view it save by playing the previous level over again...

[quote name='The Crotch']I seem to have missed a cutscene thing in Hotline Miami (I quit just as it was starting, thinking it would let me view it when I next started playing) and I don't think there's any way for me to view it save by playing the previous level over again...[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing. Youtube is the answer.

Youtube is for cowards and traitors.

EDIT: And shitty LPs by people with annoying voices done two days after the fucking game came out Jesus Christ I hate you guys so much.

Back to New Vegas now that I have noclipped away from the deathclaws. Got Ed-E's weapon upgrade and swapped out Veronica for Cass.

[quote name='panzerfaust']recommend me a book ggt[/QUOTE]

I recommend Battle Royale (If you haven't already read it). I think it's the book I've read the most number of times, at something like 5, and I own two editions of the book.

The End of Eternity by Asimov is a good sci-fi read.

If your looking for something poetic I recommend Autobiography of Red.

And if your in the mood for more classic fiction I highly (i.e. these are a couple of my favorite books ever) recommend The Grapes of Wrath and East of Eden by John Steinbeck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm reading Neuromancer by William Gibson right now, and I'm nearly done with it. Some of the best imaginative science fiction and cyberpunk out there. However, there is quite a bit of technobabble (which is awesome to me, but a turn off for others). Snow Crash, or really anything by Neal Stephenson, is fantastic as well.

Code Name Verity
The Book of Madness and Cures
The Towers of Trezibond

Graphic Novel:
Saga 1
Wonder Woman 1: Blood

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']BS, what place sells $11 chicken sandwiches but also sells ghetto ass beer like steelie?[/QUOTE]
Exactly. And $2 for that shit too. Ripoff.

Apathy

May not apply to you yet in life, but hopefully it sheds some light on how you not want your young adult life to be like. Great read and fucking hilarious.

Of course, I was always find time to read Catch-22. Sometimes I re-read the whole book or just read small parts of it, always entertaining.

Dunbar sat up like a shot. "That's it," he cried excitedly. "There was something missing – and now I know what it is." He banged his fist down into his palm. "No patriotism," he declared.

"You're right," Yossarian shouted back. "You're right, you're right, you're right. The hot dog, the Brooklyn Dodgers. Mom's apple pie. That's what everyone's fighting for. But who's fighting for the decent folk? Who's fighting for more votes for the decent folk? There's no patriotism, that's what it is. And no matriotism, either."

Gets me everytime :p

[quote name='GhostShark']I'm reading Neuromancer by William Gibson right now, and I'm nearly done with it. Some of the best imaginative science fiction and cyberpunk out there. However, there is quite a bit of technobabble (which is awesome to me, but a turn off for others). Snow Crash, or really anything by Neal Stephenson, is fantastic as well.[/QUOTE]

I got Neuromancer for christmas, haven't started reading it yet though. Recently finished The Road which had more literary aspirations than my standard fare. Started reading Grant Morrison's Supergods recently.. It's crazy dense, but not surprising at all given Morrison's love of the medium.

Oh and before I forget, if any of you have even the slightest inkling of interest in fantasy, check out The Magicians and The Magician King by Lev Grossman. Awesome, awesome books.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']

Oh Microsoft,
you shouldn't have[/QUOTE]
I got the same e-mail yesterday. So glad they splurged and will be adding a whole quarter's worth of MSP to my account. That e-mail is literally a "fuck you!" from MS.

So I go to fight the genital bisection of a dragon, get him down to about a third of his life, fall through the world, and die.

No biggie, head back down, collect my souls, get him down to about a third of his life, fall through the world, and die.

You know what? That's fine. The game can barely keep a consistent framerate half of the time, stupid ass shit is bound to happen. So I head back down and traverse the white light for the third fucking time. Oh, but what's this? No glowing green orb to signify my last attempt of skydiving to the core of the earth? That's silly, it must be around here somewhere. Oh, it isn't? Oh, is it stuck somewhere in the black void that is the Dark Soul's game engine? Oh, are you actually going to let me kill the dragon now? Oh, Dark Soul's, you're too kind to me. I don't think I'll be playing you for a few weeks as I try to get over how nice you are.

So we have a bit more information on the new Torment game, and I'm a little mixed on it. It's using a new setting designed by Monte Cook, which is cool, because Cook did a lot of work on the original Planescape. But it's also worrying, because Cook was also responsible for D&D 3E and a lot of its awfulness.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I got the same e-mail yesterday. So glad they splurged and will be adding a whole quarter's worth of MSP to my account. That e-mail is literally a "fuck you!" from MS.[/QUOTE]

Its better than nothing I guess.
I just don't understand what their trying to accomplish from a marketing standpoint
since the only thing your doing is invariably pissing off your consumer base.

I never pay for MS points
Theres so many events to exploit, bing, ect.
Its sad I get more points from a few days worth of bing searches
than MS gives me for my birthday

BSG tomorrow-tomorrow? That's some heathen-level shit, man.

I've never played a proper D&D game. Never been around a decently-sized group of people that actually wanted to play, either. Whatever knowledge I have of D&D comes from computer games and the stories of other nerds.

tried D&D with friends and it just got awkward and stupid fast, also tried to RP in NWN2 and same result. can't do that shit with people i know, it's just too funny.

Stupid Vassal, they should let us play Munchkin.

D&D requires a very patient Dungeon Master. I am that very patient man. We can setup something up if you guys want. I have three books in digital format for everyone to check out if they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back