GGT 211 desperately needs a reboot. WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='CaptainJoel']If you're calling that free DLC then you might as well call what they gave RE6 free DLC too.[/QUOTE]

At least people who bought RE6 wanted the "free DLC" in that case.
I don't think anyone is saying "DmC's combat is so tits, I wish it had bloody palace mode".

supsup.gif

[quote name='BlueScrote']You can sail boats in Ass Creed? How come nobody told me?[/QUOTE]
Only great part in the game.

[quote name='BlueScrote']An interesting Desmond set piece? What is this series coming to?![/QUOTE]
HAHAHAHAHA. Not too many of those great Desmond set pieces left!

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
supsup.gif
[/QUOTE]
Best thing ever. Looks like me.

Man, I know people are always down on New Vegas DLC, but I would just like to make it abundantly clear that the survivalist journals in Honest Hearts are badass as all fuck.

Also,
02cw6.gif

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']awww man
haters on AC3? For real?

whatevs
prolly played with controller backwards[/QUOTE]
Seriously? Dude, Connor is one of the worst characters ever. I'll give it to them for making a seriously historically accurate game, though. They even manage to portray British history dickheads accurately. That game is a fucking mess. I didn't even know about half the side-mission shit in the game because a prompt never came up telling me how to do any of it and I had to retry a remarkable number of missions due to my targets magically disappearing from the world.

My biggest problems though is that
Achilles' death is NOT part of the main story and that my ending was broke as fuck. I never got a prompt telling me about Homestead missions in the game, so I never knew to check back at my home more often than I did, so I TOTALLY missed Achilles dying, which (after I looked it up) I decided was not only a nice, touching moment, but was clearly a KEY PART OF THE GODDAMNED GAME.
And when I say my ending was broke, I mean the last two things you do (seeing the British troops leaving and visiting your deserted tribelands) were totally broken. I got a mission failed halfway through riding my horse to see the British off and then the game freaked the fuck out and had me visit my village, then visit Boston to see the British leave.

Oh snaps yo I didn't know there was more to Achilles' death. I just got the cutscene of him dying and then connor buries him

That's mike he's been krispy kreme's friend since they could crawl.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Seriously? Dude, Connor is one of the worst characters ever. I'll give it to them for making a seriously historically accurate game, though. They even manage to portray British history dickheads accurately. That game is a fucking mess. I didn't even know about half the side-mission shit in the game because a prompt never came up telling me how to do any of it and I had to retry a remarkable number of missions due to my targets magically disappearing from the world.

Achilles' death is NOT part of the main story and that my ending was broke as fuck. I never got a prompt telling me about Homestead missions in the game, so I never knew to check back at my home more often than I did, so I TOTALLY missed Achilles dying, which (after I looked it up) I decided was not only a nice, touching moment, but was clearly a KEY PART OF THE GODDAMNED GAME.
And when I say my ending was broke, I mean the last two things you do (seeing the British troops leaving and visiting your deserted tribelands) were totally broken. I got a mission failed halfway through riding my horse to see the British off and then the game freaked the fuck out and had me visit my village, then visit Boston to see the British leave.[/QUOTE]

Welp, shouldn't have clicked that spoiler.

[quote name='GUNNM']
Oh snaps yo I didn't know there was more to Achilles' death. I just got the cutscene of him dying and then connor buries him

That's mike he's been krispy kreme's friend since they could crawl.[/QUOTE]

Or that one.

It's like I don't learn.

Can I just spoil the ending for you? Btw if you don't need to youtube how to the beat the final mission I'll be impressed.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Seriously? Dude, Connor is one of the worst characters ever. I'll give it to them for making a seriously historically accurate game, though. They even manage to portray British history dickheads accurately. That game is a fucking mess. I didn't even know about half the side-mission shit in the game because a prompt never came up telling me how to do any of it and I had to retry a remarkable number of missions due to my targets magically disappearing from the world.

And when I say my ending was broke, I mean the last two things you do (seeing the British troops leaving and visiting your deserted tribelands) were totally broken. I got a mission failed halfway through riding my horse to see the British off and then the game freaked the fuck out and had me visit my village, then visit Boston to see the British leave.[/QUOTE]
What platform did you play on?
I never had any of those technical problems

Connor is definitely a deeper character
than either altair or enzio combined.
but I can see how people might not like him

My real interest is your complaint of not receiving in-game prompts to do stuff.
Is that really necessary? Its all on your map
And theres a detailed encyclepedia menu detailing side missions, collectibles, ect.

The fact that there is an "Animus" makes any sort of story in the AC series pretty fucking stupid. See the ending to AC2, oh lord that was a complete fucking mess.

So far the only redeeming quality I have found in the AC series is that the MP is damn fun until there is some super leveled asshole playing with lowbies.

[quote name='j-cart']The fact that there is an "Animus" makes any sort of story in the AC series pretty fucking stupid. See the ending to AC2, oh lord that was a complete fucking mess.[/QUOTE]

I disagree completely.

The Animus is one of the few reasons I actually like the AC franchise. It's definitely not because I like Ezio. If you just made a game that was AC2 -- the GTA:Renaissance Italy that it was -- and you took out the ridiculous plot twist ending and the reason for the conflict (racing templars to get the golden apple) I probably would have stopped playing halfway through.

Hell, the ending to AC2 had me dreaming of what sort of epicness the next AC game would bring... and instead of any of it, we got Brotherhood, where it was more of AC2 plus multiplayer. And then they continued to beat that cash cow with Revelations. When they finally said "oh, people are getting tired of this shit, let's do something new", we got AC3, which is still, as far as I can tell, more of the same in a different setting.

If you want to know what I was hoping for after AC2, I've put the gist of it in spoilers here:
After the "whoa, holy shit, he just did all that to see the prophecy and it was something incomprehensible to him in the fact that it was intended for Desmond" combined with the "make Desmond do some climbing and such and begin to show bleed through of the Assassin abilities", I was really hoping the *next* AC game (preferably 3) would have been Desmond and his crew travelling all over the world, trying to get to all the sites that were on the map... maybe having a metroidvania type system of some sort perhaps?

Like "Oh, where do we go first? Mayan jungle? Tibet? Japan?" and you pick one. Then you get a crash course in some relevant assassin to that area... so a ninja or samurai in Japan, who knows for China/Tibet time period, ancient Mayan warrior in the Mayan civilization -- and while in the memory, not only do you get varied locales and missions from the past, but the point would be that whatever skill/item/whatever that Desmond took from the memory you could use in a modern day mission to try to retrieve the artifacts.

I thought that sounded a hell of a lot more interesting and fun... but then again, I'm usually in the minority, liking games that people hate and hating games that the masses adore, so it probably would have been a financial failure for Ubisoft. :lol:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I disagree completely.

The Animus is one of the few reasons I actually like the AC franchise. It's definitely not because I like Ezio. If you just made a game that was AC2 -- the GTA:Renaissance Italy that it was -- and you took out the ridiculous plot twist ending and the reason for the conflict (racing templars to get the golden apple) I probably would have stopped playing halfway through.

Hell, the ending to AC2 had me dreaming of what sort of epicness the next AC game would bring... and instead of any of it, we got Brotherhood, where it was more of AC2 plus multiplayer. And then they continued to beat that cash cow with Revelations. When they finally said "oh, people are getting tired of this shit, let's do something new", we got AC3, which is still, as far as I can tell, more of the same in a different setting.

If you want to know what I was hoping for after AC2, I've put the gist of it in spoilers here:
After the "whoa, holy shit, he just did all that to see the prophecy and it was something incomprehensible to him in the fact that it was intended for Desmond" combined with the "make Desmond do some climbing and such and begin to show bleed through of the Assassin abilities", I was really hoping the *next* AC game (preferably 3) would have been Desmond and his crew travelling all over the world, trying to get to all the sites that were on the map... maybe having a metroidvania type system of some sort perhaps?

Like "Oh, where do we go first? Mayan jungle? Tibet? Japan?" and you pick one. Then you get a crash course in some relevant assassin to that area... so a ninja or samurai in Japan, who knows for China/Tibet time period, ancient Mayan warrior in the Mayan civilization -- and while in the memory, not only do you get varied locales and missions from the past, but the point would be that whatever skill/item/whatever that Desmond took from the memory you could use in a modern day mission to try to retrieve the artifacts.

I thought that sounded a hell of a lot more interesting and fun... but then again, I'm usually in the minority, liking games that people hate and hating games that the masses adore, so it probably would have been a financial failure for Ubisoft. :lol:[/QUOTE]
I have found it.

The person who enjoyed the plot of Assassin's Creed.

But how do I kill it?

I might actually be interested in your idealized AC3, actually. Minus any "modern day" stuff.

I didn't mind the animus it just bugged me when I had to exit to listen to shitty desmond talk about his life.

AC is so cool there's two easter eggs in MGS games :>

[quote name='j-cart']No Crotch, you can only be what your ancestors were in the Animus. So go watch your conception instead.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

That'd be so wrong on so many levels.

Half Minute Hero Ridiculously Long Title is pretty fun. ^__^ And I like Ass's Creed because I like killing people. So that's basically all I do in them. Don't give a fuck about Desmond or the future shit. But I do want Assassin's Creed: Ninjastyle. Would be awesome.

[quote name='icebeast']Hank both of those videos really got me laughing, haha.[/QUOTE]
I aim to please. :bouncy:

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']awww man
haters on AC3? For real?

whatevs
prolly played with controller backwards[/QUOTE]
Imma play it with the mouse and keyboard, just because.
[quote name='BlueScrote']Welp, shouldn't have clicked that spoiler.

Or that one.

It's like I don't learn.[/QUOTE]
I read them too, and I don't even have the game yet. ^__^
[quote name='corrosivefrost']:rofl:

That'd be so wrong on so many levels.[/QUOTE]
That's hot.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']What platform did you play on?
I never had any of those technical problems

Connor is definitely a deeper character
than either altair or enzio combined.
but I can see how people might not like him

My real interest is your complaint of not receiving in-game prompts to do stuff.
Is that really necessary? Its all on your map
And theres a detailed encyclepedia menu detailing side missions, collectibles, ect.[/QUOTE]
360, but I'll replay it on PS3 at some point like I did on all the other games. Connor's only deeper if by deeper you mean dumb as fuck. He's thick headed and ignores some of the most common sense shit ever. He makes so many shitty decisions during the game that totally took me out of it because I feel like a real person would not have made one of those decisions themselves. I know a lot of people dislike Ezio, but at least I know he wouldn't ever be stupid enough to think he could
join the Templars and Assassins together.

AND YES THAT IS NECESSARY! When the homestead mission which I referenced happened it was during the endgame, between missions, so I was in New York. I never got any prompts to go back home. I continued with the main game instead of going alllllllll the way back to the homestead to check up on things. I didn't have a problem with the collectibles or any of that shit, I just had a problem with the fact that I missed some nice story bits because some fucktard decided to make the main story short by marking some nice moments off as side missions.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']360, but I'll replay it on PS3 at some point like I did on all the other games. Connor's only deeper if by deeper you mean dumb as fuck. He's thick headed and ignores some of the most common sense shit ever. He makes so many shitty decisions during the game that totally took me out of it because I feel like a real person would not have made one of those decisions themselves. I know a lot of people dislike Ezio, but at least I know he wouldn't ever be stupid enough to think he could
join the Templars and Assassins together.

AND YES THAT IS NECESSARY! When the homestead mission which I referenced happened it was during the endgame, between missions, so I was in New York. I never got any prompts to go back home. I continued with the main game instead of going alllllllll the way back to the homestead to check up on things. I didn't have a problem with the collectibles or any of that shit, I just had a problem with the fact that I missed some nice story bits because some fucktard decided to make the main story short by marking some nice moments off as side missions.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played AC3, so maybe it pulls some dumb shit, but AC2 didn't prompt you for new side missions, IIRC. Wait, did AC2 have side missions? It had all those assassinations I skipped and stuff, but I did the story to 100%... I suppose the tombs, maybe? But those you just had to watch for the icons and stuff...

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I haven't played AC3, so maybe it pulls some dumb shit, but AC2 didn't prompt you for new side missions, IIRC. Wait, did AC2 have side missions? It had all those assassinations I skipped and stuff, but I did the story to 100%... I suppose the tombs, maybe? But those you just had to watch for the icons and stuff...[/QUOTE]
The tombs were the only thing, really. The story was pretty much contained in itself. AC3 is different and puts a really large amount of its story into the side missions, which bothered the hell out of me. I got side missions every great once in a while when I'd be traveling through large areas, but they were never actually anything serious (stuff like find the bear in the green area) so I stopped searching out every side mission about 6 hours into the game. I suppose it's partially my fault for not going back home while I was in the end game, but still... I find it pretty unfuckingforgiveable.

Also, I still really wish AC3 had been the game that GameInformer had done that big story on when it was announced. That article said that Washington and Franklin played huge roles in the game, but that was not the case at all. Franklin was in that game for all of a half hour and G Dubs was barely a tertiary character.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Oh yeah, I also never got any more chances to recruit Assassins. I still don't know why the fuck that was.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I had no idea how to recruit other assassins. I just got that one dude that one time and sent him on a mission I don't think I saw him every again...

I also hated having to change discs to play MP halo had the same problem but at least it was an install disc this is why we need a new disc format on xbox.

[quote name='GUNNM']Yeah I had no idea how to recruit other assassins. I just got that one dude that one time and sent him on a mission I don't think I saw him every again...

I also hated having to change discs to play MP halo had the same problem but at least it was an install disc this is why we need a new disc format on xbox.[/QUOTE]
I saw him a few other times because I'd hit the Assassin button and he'd kill like ONE WHOLE PERSON, but still... Pretty lame. I went through everywhere and synced every viewpoint, but I never saw any Assassin recruits pop up on the map.

The thing that bugged me the most was how shitty the horse was. I've played games like RDR and skyrim where your horse can do little things like a cross a river waist high or jump higher than 2 feet. I spent more time running through trees than using that shitty horse. I liked the hunting aspect they added but after that one tutorial of how to catch a rabbit with a zip line I never used it again.

At least AC 3 had some TIV value -- RE6 no one is offering anything for that game.

I actually hunted a lot. I was in the top 25% of the leaderboards for hunting after three or four hours, which means I either killed a fuck ton of things (which I did) or that almost nobody hunts in that game. I hear you on the Horses sucking, though. That Paul Revere mission was some of the shittiest shit I've played this gen. A horse and AI not being able to cross a shin high creek is fucking ridiculous.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I actually hunted a lot. I was in the top 25% of the leaderboards for hunting after three or four hours, which means I either killed a fuck ton of things (which I did) or that almost nobody hunts in that game. I hear you on the Horses sucking, though. That Paul Revere mission was some of the shittiest shit I've played this gen. A horse and AI not being able to cross a shin high creek is fucking ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
I know which part you're talking about. One of the co objectives or w/e its called was to not get spotted but that was almost impossible to do when the bridge is being guarded and the only way to get to the other side was 3 feet water.

My favorite weapon was that spear and rope that was very fun to use. I would yell GET OVER HERE whenever I used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back