GGT 234 Forgot to Include Fat Lee Adama in its New Expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My internet broke in half tonight. Was really weird. Sorry I missed most of Skype guys.

Here's a retrospective on Leda between now and 6 months ago to make up for it.

BIb_wcZCYAAGLr1.jpg:large

I think she looks good.

Tried going to sleep but a friend wanted me to play Injustice so we had some matches. Slade, Aquaman, and Black Adam are crazy lethal online.

[quote name='Indignate']I heard that everybody uses Deathstroke cuz he has GUNZ.

What makes Aquaman and Black Adam good?[/QUOTE]
Black Adam has lightning strikes that can hit at any range so people can play him for pretty much the same reason as Deadshot. Aquaman's good because he has a little stabby-stab-stab move with his trident that you can combo into and out of all sorts of different moves. Crazy useful.

If the character has any sort of decent zoning skills, you'll win online. That's how bad the people playing online can be and also how bad East/West coast fights are online. I completely cheese people out sometimes with Nightwing and I couldn't tell you a single combo with him. I just throw those air ninja stars or whatever and meter burn the ground spark.

[quote name='The Crotch']Also, you jerks (specifically, Josh): pick a time when you can play and I'll be there.[/QUOTE]

8 EST? And do we have enough people?

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']i wonder if star trek is gunna be good
prolly not[/QUOTE]

TNG: Best of Both Worlds coming to theaters this Thursday. Locutus of Borg gonna kick some ass, and those 2 episodes are 10-times better than whatever JJ shits out. Engage, mutherfuckers.

Final boss time for Tales of Graces f after I grind a few titles.

I told u guys Aquamang was gonna be beast, he's finally useful now. I be hoppin on Dead Island and Star Trek tomrrow yo. Only payed 10 bux, u mad?

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Oh man, Riptide is getting such bad reviews, I can't wait. Sh'mon, Gamefly.[/QUOTE]

Just watch, Square Enix will have to give another statement as to why the game did not do well.

Then again, GoW: Ascension is the big plummet title. $50 million spent and barely 1 million copies sold. When you take in the account that GoW 3 sold 2.5 million in the US alone, someone at Sony should be fired right now...

[quote name='j-cart']Just watch, Square Enix will have to give another statement as to why the game did not do well.

Then again, GoW: Ascension is the big plummet title. $50 million spent and barely 1 million copies sold. When you take in the account that GoW 3 sold 2.5 million in the US alone, someone at Sony should be fired right now...[/QUOTE]

Square Enix? wtf? Its Deep Silver bro, u high?

[quote name='snakemaster2389']Square Enix? wtf? Its Deep Silver bro, u high?[/QUOTE]

Squeenix is still the distributor for NA:

Developer(s) Techland
Publisher(s) Deep Silver
Distributor(s) NA Square Enix

--

I'm trying to think of things to ask for as birthday gifts...
I'm kicking around the idea of a 3DS after the Zelda announcement, but I'm nowhere near 100% "HOLY SHIT! I NEED THAT!"

So...
(1) Convince me that I want/don't want a 3DS, please? I'm guessing "exclusives" would do it, but other than the OoT remake and the forthcoming Zelda (and maybe NSMB2/SML3D), I'm having trouble thinking of anything; I know there's the SMT game and FE, but I have 0 interest in those... how expensive are classic gba games on the eShop -- I'd maybe be interested in playing the Oracles games since I never got the chance to before.
(2) Convince me that if I do want a 3DS, there will be no bullshit redesign or price drop in the near future and the likelihood of a second analog revision is never going to happen (much like the original PSP)...
(3) What was that deal for free Super Mario 3D/Starfox/whatever if you buy Luigi's Mansion? How long is that promo good for?

--

Oh yeah, and I wish:
JjEVUxk.jpg

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Squeenix is still the distributor for NA:

Developer(s) Techland
Publisher(s) Deep Silver
Distributor(s) NA Square Enix

--

I'm trying to think of things to ask for as birthday gifts...
I'm kicking around the idea of a 3DS after the Zelda announcement, but I'm nowhere near 100% "HOLY SHIT! I NEED THAT!"

So...
(1) Convince me that I want/don't want a 3DS, please?
(2) Convince me that if I do want a 3DS, there will be no bullshit redesign or price drop in the near future and the likelihood of a second analog revision is never going to happen (much like the original PSP)...
(3) What was that deal for free Super Mario 3D/Starfox/whatever if you buy Luigi's Mansion? How long is that promo good for?[/QUOTE]

If u get a 3ds, I suggest u get a xl. I have the original 3ds, its got a special Zelda design on it, pretty cool. 3ds is fun, I play it more than my vita. Lego City Undercover and Luigis Mansion are good fun games on 3ds. The promo is that if u buy an xl and either lugi's mansion or pokemon mystery dungeon and register them, u get either layton, star fox 3d or super mario 3d land for free. good deal. Donkey Kong returns 3d comes out on may 21

[quote name='snakemaster2389']If u get a 3ds, I suggest u get a xl. I have the original 3ds, its got a special Zelda design on it, pretty cool. 3ds is fun, I play it more than my vita. Lego City Undercover and Luigis Mansion are good fun games on 3ds. The promo is that if u buy an xl and either lugi's mansion or pokemon mystery dungeon and register them, u get either layton, star fox 3d or super mario 3d land for free. good deal. Donkey Kong returns 3d comes out on may 21[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it'd be an XL... but I wouldn't play it more than my Vita, I can already guarantee that. Especially with Soul Sacrifice coming -- I've already put 15+ hours into that and it's a fucking demo. :lol:

When does the promo end, do you know?
I'd be interested in LM2, since I liked the original on Gamecube... and if it got me free SML3D, that'd be bonus...
Donkey Kong Returns 3D I might have to look up. I loved the original DKC, but haven't really cared about a DK game since DKC2 and the last I played was DK64 which I never finished.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah, it'd be an XL... but I wouldn't play it more than my Vita, I can already guarantee that. Especially with Soul Sacrifice coming -- I've already put 15+ hours into that and it's a fucking demo. :lol:

When does the promo end, do you know?
I'd be interested in LM2, since I liked the original on Gamecube... and if it got me free SML3D, that'd be bonus...
Donkey Kong Returns 3D I might have to look up. I loved the original DKC, but haven't really cared about a DK game since DKC2 and the last I played was DK64 which I never finished.[/QUOTE]

promo might end soon i think. I tried that Soul Sacrifice demo and I dont get it, its boring

[quote name='snakemaster2389']promo might end soon i think. I tried that Soul Sacrifice demo and I dont get it, its boring[/QUOTE]

Go play your Lego game and be happy then. ;)

Soul Sacrifice is amazing -- it's everything I thought Monster Hunter would/should be, IMO, of course.

Looks like I'll miss that promo, so that's a strike against the idea of getting one.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Go play your Lego game and be happy then. ;)

Soul Sacrifice is amazing -- it's everything I thought Monster Hunter would/should be, IMO, of course.[/QUOTE]

But i donnt like Monster Hunter :( and yes I am enjoying my Lego game and Luigis Mansion :p gonna check out Mirror of Fate soon also

[quote name='snakemaster2389']But i donnt like Monster Hunter :( and yes I am enjoying my Lego game and Luigis Mansion :p gonna check out Mirror of Fate soon also[/QUOTE]

I don't either. But I like the idea of Monster Hunter -- boss rush with co-op. And I think Soul Sacrifice does it in a way that I really like... so yeah, I'm totally stoked, I just wish Sony would put up the damn pre-order digital version in NA. fucking SCEA.

Haha, you sound pretty against it already.

It's a cool console with a cool library, but outside of Nintendo AAAs and JRPGs, you'll probably be left wanting. I'd say I play it and my Vita an equal amount. Overall, my PSN/Vita collection is larger due to all of my PSone classics and PSP titles. As far as original content goes though, the 3DS library has a pretty clear number advantage. Doesn't mean much if they're not your kinda games though.

Wish I had an answer to going rates on the eShop. I'm not in there terribly often.

And let's not kid ourselves. Look how many times the DS got a makeover. It's probably gonna happen again.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Haha, you sound pretty against it already.

It's a cool console with a cool library, but outside of Nintendo AAAs and JRPGs, you'll probably be left wanting. I'd say I play it and my Vita an equal amount. Overall, my PSN/Vita collection is larger due to all of my PSone classics and PSP titles. As far as original content goes though, the 3DS library has a pretty clear number advantage. Doesn't mean much if they're not your kinda games though.

Wish I had an answer to going rates on the eShop. I'm not in there terribly often.

And let's not kid ourselves. Look how many times the DS got a makeover. It's probably gonna happen again.[/QUOTE]

I was never mad about the extra 3DS models after the DS Lite. I started with a Lite and was happy with it... but if I had gotten a 3DS before the XL or price drop? I'd have a grudge against Nintendo. That ambassador program was bullshit and not really compensation for the early adopter fee.

I'm pretty sure I'd use it as a DS/3DS (by this I mean I wouldn't touch the 3D function, it'd be essentially locked in the "off" position)... but if for some reason those Oracle games are going to the WiiU virtual console and not the 3DS eShop, then that's another strike.
Speaking of -- did the DS backwards compatibility ever get any better than it was originally -- lots of people complained about the aspect ratio and blurriness of the original emulation, I think because of the screen sizes?

And I'm not against it, I just hate the idea of someone spending $150+ on me and then me not really digging the gift, y'know? I'm in no rush here. I'm sure I can cop one eventually, but right now it's about the only thing I could think of that fits the probable budget constraints for what I'd ask for and is something where I'd never really buy it myself but might love it if someone gave one to me.

I have a 3DS wishlist on Amazon, though I should probably update it to figure out exactly how many games there are that I would like to play on the system.
If Mirror of Fate was a proper Castlevania or even Metroidvania, I'd be more into it, but the impressions are all over the board, so I know it's not the next SotN or Dawn of Sorrow.

The Amazon wishlist has 9 titles, but nothing I'm dying for:
Zelda OoT
Starfox
Mario Kart
Super Mario 3D Land
LM2
NSMB2
Shinobi
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Mirror of Fate
Edit: Add DKCR 3D... this might have just sold me on it.

Shame that promo is ending, if it was good til the end of May, I'd be all over it.
Does any one know what the game sizes are for going digital on a 3DS? It takes generic SD cards of some sort, right? How big of a card can you get? Also, is Nintendo's digital policy any better since they started pushing digital sales through the eShop?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I was never mad about the extra 3DS models after the DS Lite. I started with a Lite and was happy with it... but if I had gotten a 3DS before the XL or price drop? I'd have a grudge against Nintendo. That ambassador program was bullshit and not really compensation for the early adopter fee.

I'm pretty sure I'd use it as a DS/3DS (by this I mean I wouldn't touch the 3D function, it'd be essentially locked in the "off" position)... but if for some reason those Oracle games are going to the WiiU virtual console and not the 3DS eShop, then that's another strike.
Speaking of -- did the DS backwards compatibility ever get any better than it was originally -- lots of people complained about the aspect ratio and blurriness of the original emulation, I think because of the screen sizes?

And I'm not against it, I just hate the idea of someone spending $150+ on me and then me not really digging the gift, y'know? I'm in no rush here. I'm sure I can cop one eventually, but right now it's about the only thing I could think of that fits the probable budget constraints for what I'd ask for and is something where I'd never really buy it myself but might love it if someone gave one to me.

I have a 3DS wishlist on Amazon, though I should probably update it to figure out exactly how many games there are that I would like to play on the system.
If Mirror of Fate was a proper Castlevania or even Metroidvania, I'd be more into it, but the impressions are all over the board, so I know it's not the next SotN or Dawn of Sorrow.

Zelda OoT
Starfox
Mario Kart
Super Mario 3D Land
LM2
NSMB2
Shinobi
Mirror of Fate[/QUOTE]

I played alot of those games on that list. Zelda is always fun but identical to the n64 version. super mario 3d land is pretty good, way better than nsmb2. Shinobi is alright but nothin special. I bought Paper Mario, its cute and kinda fun but i got bored of it and traded it in

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I was never mad about the extra 3DS models after the DS Lite. I started with a Lite and was happy with it... but if I had gotten a 3DS before the XL or price drop? I'd have a grudge against Nintendo. That ambassador program was bullshit and not really compensation for the early adopter fee.

Zelda OoT
Starfox
Mario Kart
Super Mario 3D Land
LM2
NSMB2
Shinobi
Mirror of Fate
Edit: Add DKCR 3D... this might have just sold me on it.

Shame that promo is ending, if it was good til the end of May, I'd be all over it.
Does any one know what the game sizes are for going digital on a 3DS? It takes generic SD cards of some sort, right? How big of a card can you get?[/QUOTE]

I think the xl comes with a 4gb sd card. Luigis Mansion takes up around 5,500 blocks and Lego City takes up 6,000 blocks. Games like Adventure Time and NSMB2 take up way less space

[quote name='snakemaster2389']I think the xl comes with a 4gb sd card. Luigis Mansion takes up around 5,500 blocks and Lego City takes up 6,000 blocks. Games like Adventure Time and NSMB2 take up way less space[/QUOTE]

I'd probably throw the 4 in the trash and get a 32gb or bigger.
The question is -- how many blocks = 1gb... ;)

Looks like 128kb = 1 block.
So a 1gb card is like 8,000 blocks.
Which means most games are less than 1gb? That's good.
Now, if their download/account policy doesn't suck ass...

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'd probably throw the 4 in the trash and get a 32gb or bigger.
The question is -- how many blocks = 1gb... ;)[/QUOTE]

dunno bro, im bad at math. we hogging up this thread yo, we should get a room ;)

Oh, I definitely feel you. We would have the consoles for pretty much the same reasons. I never rock the 3D either, I just know I need Nintendo machines on deck. I'm a nostalgia monster though.

Even though I think $150 is a great price for the thing, I've seen too many people cop em for closer to $120 in the Cowboom thread. I know they're out there for cheaper, and it will probably get easier to do as time goes on. If that's your biggest concern--and I could understand why it would be--I might pass as well.

As far as emulation goes, it's about par for the course when you put any low-res game onto a larger screen. It ain't pretty. Absolutely playable, but I'm not gonna lie and say it's not blurry and aliased. If you like, I could try to grab some snapshots of mine running Pokemon Conquest or Kirby or some shit.

310869_10151360323475986_2003623553_n.jpg

We're proud to announce that METAL GEAR SOLID: THE LEGACY COLLECTION will be coming to PlayStation 3 this June! This is the premiere way to experience the series with METAL GEAR SOLID 1-4, Peace Walker, VR Missions, and the Ashley Wood digital graphic novels all in one exclusive package. "Like" this if you can't wait to relive the MGS saga from start to finish this June!

Did you buy the HD Collection? Well SUCK IT, IDIOTS. Not like I bought it...twice or anything. Still waiting for my god damned actual Vita support for Peace Walker.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']
310869_10151360323475986_2003623553_n.jpg

We're proud to announce that METAL GEAR SOLID: THE LEGACY COLLECTION will be coming to PlayStation 3 this June! This is the premiere way to experience the series with METAL GEAR SOLID 1-4, Peace Walker, VR Missions, and the Ashley Wood digital graphic novels all in one exclusive package. "Like" this if you can't wait to relive the MGS saga from start to finish this June!

Did you buy the HD Collection? Well SUCK IT, IDIOTS. Not like I bought it...twice or anything. Still waiting for my god damned actual Vita support for Peace Walker.

[/QUOTE]

that looks like fail. no mgs1 hd

[quote name='Indignate']I think the original MGS came with the HD collection as a classic too.

So I don't know, MGS4 I guess?[/QUOTE]

mgs1, mgs4: trophy edition and vr missions

[quote name='Indignate']I think the original MGS came with the HD collection as a classic too.

So I don't know, MGS4 I guess?[/QUOTE]

Didn't for me. Be nice if it did. I got the LE for the artbook initially, then realized the Vita port of Snake Eater was actually fucking incredible. Ended up with both. Not really sorry either, as the whole transfarring thing is actually pretty bad ass.

The only way I'll buy it will be if it has an HD version of MGS1 that maybe is a little like the Twin Snakes remake. I've already bought MGS HD collection 3 times.

Yeah, Silicon Knights is done, so I can't imagine it'd be too hard to get. Maybe it's locked up in licensing, though? And I don't understand why they went to the trouble to call MGS4 "MGS4: Trophy Edition" when all versions of MGS4 have trophies now.

for alphas in canada with no internet connection

if your going to release the same collection every year
i want you to spend a few bucks to snag twin snakes
not too much to ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back