GGT 243's Dawg Died Because of CAG 3.0

Yeah, I'm not hyped at all for E3.

I'm curious to see more about the PS3 and Xbox One, but with MS canceling roundtables and interviews I don't expect we'll learn much about DRM/used game policies or the other major issues. Seeing some games will be fine, but I'm not really excited about that since I won't be getting a next gen console at launch most likely.

Agree with Frosty that I'd like to see some 3DS surprises.  Doubt there will be anything of major note on the PS3/360 we don't already know about.

I'm not sure why but I'm kind of excitied for e3. I think I'm thinking there will be some suprises for some reason. I think I'm hopeful there will be some quality Vita stuff announced.

I hate quoting now. You guys are just going to have to go on without my specific thoughts on your specific thoughts. Except Blueshinra who I'm just going to continue to call Blueshinra because I don't give a fuck.

Weevles I can take or leave.

I don't even remember what happened last E3. Hopefully this one is more memorable.

haha, this guy:

smogr3M.png

Wasn't Keith David already in the first two Saint's Row?

fuckin Meta.

He was. It is.

It's awesome.

There's a pretty good video-game related list on Listserve today about creepy video game urban legends. Never heard of most of them.

http://listverse.com/2013/06/06/10-creepy-video-game-urban-legends/
That was an interesting read, thanks for posting that link! I enjoy reading up on all that legends/theory stuff with games since some of the stuff people can come up with is really creative.

Who is excited for E3?
I'm always excited for E3, give me some gaming news and I'm happy!

These are currently the only acceptable name changes allowed.

hankmecrankme -> Hank

Uraizen -> Rai Rai

Corrosivefrost -> Frosty

Icebeast -> Icebizzle

whoknows -> Zurkey

ihadfg -> ihadfg

linkpwns -> Mikey

j-cart -> Jake Heart

R. Kawhatever -> Blueshinra

CaptainJoel -> Jo-El

gunnm -> GUNNM Dawg

Last edited by a moderator:
He used Chrome to do back alley deals.

Marvel Heroes has Ms. Marvel on the roster. That might be enough to get me in there to spend money on it. I'mma download the game and try it out.

Joel, have you been keeping tabs on this game?

He used Chrome to do back alley deals.

Marvel Heroes has Ms. Marvel on the roster. That might be enough to get me in there to spend money on it. I'mma download the game and try it out.

Joel, have you been keeping tabs on this game?
You can get character drops but they're super rare. Character/costume prices are really high though.

Ms. Marvel is 900, that's not too bad.

Yeah, I've heard all about the pricing.

You get a free hero though, from like a set list, right?

Are you playing it?

Marvel Heroes is fun, but the enemies don't spawn often enough and the characters/costumes are waaaaay too overpriced. When I get a better computer I'll probably play it all the time. The opening is ridiculously awesome.

Yeah, I've heard all about the pricing.

You get a free hero though, from like a set list, right?

Are you playing it?
You get to pick one out of 5 in the beginning and then you get another free (random) hero when you complete the tutorial/prologue mission.

Yes i've played it.

Marvel Heroes is decent. It is a huge step up from the Beta. The Beta was nearly unplayable. Sucks that you have to buy most of the characters, but thankfully Scarlet Witch is free. She is all I care about in my heart. 

fuck you first page glitch

hrm can't see past page 1

OMG I WANT TO TALK TO DOT SO BADLY

oh there we go

hi guys

Marvel Heroes is decent. It is a huge step up from the Beta. The Beta was nearly unplayable. Sucks that you have to buy most of the characters, but thankfully Scarlet Witch is free. She is all I care about in my heart.
Can I only play as david banner?

E3? Ehh, I'm more excited about WWDC than E3, but that's mainly because my Mac Pro is so old now (it's a first-gen model) and Tim Cook kinda promised us new ones for this year and I really want to be able to play more modern PC games and would rather not have to go back to non-Mac hardware. Not keeping my hopes up, but there you go.

I hate quoting now. You guys are just going to have to go on without my specific thoughts on your specific thoughts. Except Blueshinra who I'm just going to continue to call Blueshinra because I don't give a fuck.

Weevles I can take or leave.
Call me whatever the fuck you want :razz:

oh hi kasahara, I'm gunnm =]

I'm eating some kashi cereal with a banana. You?

An error occurred
This reply has not been added as it has been posted too quickl

I tried the beta for Marvel Heroes and it was alright, I wish it was on the consoles and was MUA3 instead though, don't like having to buy the characters/costumes individually. I am downloading the full game on Steam now though since they have it up on there and may try it out for a while now that it's outside of the beta, probably just use Hawkeye for now.

hankmecrankme -> Hank

Uraizen -> Rai Rai

Corrosivefrost -> Frosty

Icebeast -> Icebizzle

whoknows -> Zurkey

ihadfg -> ihadfg

linkpwns -> Mikey

j-cart -> Jake Heart

CaptainJoel -> Jo-El

gunnm -> GUNNM Dawg
But uraizen is actually distgfx. Also I tried to change my name to Josh, but it was taken. I assume Hank and Mikey would be as well.

I just wanna see some new IPs at E3. Everyone is doing too many sequels. Nintendo is the worst. What was the last new Nintendo original IP? Pikman? They rely too much on Shiggy. He needs to pass the torch and step aside.

Well Frosty and Blueshinra you guys convinced me, haha.  I changed it, but we all know who I really am.  I don't plan on changing my avatar anytime soon either so that should help.

Also, I too am uber excited for Tales of Xillia!

hankmecrankme -> Hank

Uraizen -> Rai Rai

Corrosivefrost -> Frosty

Icebeast -> Icebizzle

whoknows -> Zurkey

ihadfg -> ihadfg

linkpwns -> Mikey

j-cart -> Jake Heart

CaptainJoel -> Jo-El

gunnm -> GUNNM Dawg
But uraizen is actually distgfx. Also I tried to change my name to Josh, but it was taken. I assume Hank and Mikey would be as well.
Uraizen is a two step process.

And you have to stay the same, so it's good that Josh was taken.

So MS has confirmed that you'll have to go online once ever 24 hours to keep a game active, and once every hour when playing at a friends (all your game installs are in the cloud, so you can log in and play your games from any console).

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/connected

I actually don't mind that all that much as I'll always go with an ISP that can give me reliable service as I need it as I work at home a ton, but I'm sure a lot of people will be up in arms about it. And rightly so for people who don't have good internet service available.

I'm more concerned about how limited options will be for selling games after beating them than any always online requirements.

Edit:  NM, they have another page up with game licensing details.  

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

Used game trade ins only at participating retailers.  Up to publishers on whether to allow it.  MS isn't charging any fee for doing.  Games can be given once (and only once) to someone on your friends list who's been on their for 30 days or me.

Meh.  That's pretty lame.

I actually do like that I can give games to people on my friends list. I've played a lot of games on 360 I would gladly have sent over to friends once I was done with them (Tornado Outbreak). That's about the only thing I like at all about the One. 

I just wanna see some new IPs at E3. Everyone is doing too many sequels. Nintendo is the worst. What was the last new Nintendo original IP? Pikman? They rely too much on Shiggy. He needs to pass the torch and step aside.
While I would like to see some new IPs from Nintendo for sure, it is worth noting that they have put out some great new IPs on the 3DS in the form of smaller downloadable games. On the console side, there's Nintendoland, but I seem to be the only person here who actually cares about it. And unlike Microsoft, I don't feel like Nintendo milks all of their big series to the point where they need new IPs as much. Mario certainly gets his fair share of milking as a character, but at least some of the games in that universe feel almost like their own IPs (Mario Sunshine for instance). So while I definitely would like to see some new stuff from Nintendo, things like Metroid, Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion, Star Fox, etc. seem to disappear for long enough that when they do put out a new entry, I can get excited about it. And on top of that, aside from general aesthetic or character milking, the actual gameplay ideas in a lot of Nintendo series get reworked or overhauled to a much higher degree than most other games. Not everything of course (Mario Kart, I'm looking at you), but enough to keep me interested.

Microsoft on the other hand, does need to put out some new IPs to impress me. Gears and Halo just aren't gonna cut it for me. For me Microsoft are by far the worst when it comes to needed some new games. Especially with all the Xbox One bullshit to wade through.

Sony has been pretty great about new IPs (at least on consoles), so I hope they keep up the good work into the PS4.

I actually do like that I can give games to people on my friends list. I've played a lot of games on 360 I would gladly have sent over to friends once I was done with them (Tornado Outbreak). That's about the only thing I like at all about the One.
Yeah, that's an ok feature.

And I guess since the friends list is a lot larger (1,000 rather than 100 currently I think) I suppose people could just add members of a site like this and still sell games. Just do paypal transfer and then gift the game. But of course the downside is that whoever buys it is then stuck with it since it can only be gifted once.

I'm guessing Sony will have pretty much the same system though as EA wouldn't have dropped online passes if they didn't know they'd be able to control used games on both major platforms.

As someone who doesn't buy as many used games and is always connected online I am okay with how that is currently set up. Being able to gift games (even if it is only once) does seem like it could help a lot in being able to do a trade or get some good deals on games, so I guess now it's just wait and see for what Sony does. 

I'd only think that Sony would do the same if EA made them do it. After the backlash Microsoft is getting I don't think Sony would hop in that grave.

I'm not sure if this thread is moving fast than usual or it's just the PPP setting it all fucked up.

I'd only think that Sony would do the same if EA made them do it. After the backlash Microsoft is getting I don't think Sony would hop in that grave.
All Sony has to do to win most people (including myself) over for next gen is to do nothing. So hopefully they don't find some way to mess that up.

I think this is probably something the major publishes like EA and Activision pushed. I'd be shocked if it wasn't on both systems--again EA wouldn't have dropped online passes across the board if they didn't know they could control used games on both platforms.

All Sony has to do to win most people (including myself) over for next gen is to do nothing. So hopefully they don't find some way to mess that up.
True, but sadly this was probably driven by the big third party publishers so Sony may not have much say in it as they have to have CoD, Madden etc. on their console or they might as well not even bother launching in the US.

There may be other things they can take advantage of. Maybe MS will restrict used game trade ins on the games they publish, and maybe Sony won't. Maybe Sony can require internet license checks less frequently etc.

But I'd be shocked if used games restrictions weren't more or less the same as on the Xbone.

I think this is probably something the major publishes like EA and Activision pushed. I'd be shocked if it wasn't on both systems--again EA wouldn't have dropped online passes across the board if they didn't know they could control used games on both platforms.

True, but sadly this was probably driven by the big third party publishers so Sony may not have much say in it as they have to have CoD, Madden etc. on their console or they might as well not even bother launching in the US.

There may be other things they can take advantage of. Maybe MS will restrict used game trade ins on the games they publish, and maybe Sony won't. Maybe Sony can require internet license checks less frequently etc.

But I'd be shocked if used games restrictions weren't more or less the same as on the Xbone.
If the PS4 ends up having the same set of wonderful features that the XBox One has, I'll gladly not buy either of them. PC + WiiU + Handhelds + Backlog will keep me happy. I do think that the third party publishers are pushing in certain directions, but it's not like Sony can't push back. And pushing back could be a smart move if they want to attract the purchase of everyone like me who is completely put off by the XBox One shenanigans.

Edit: This new quote system is weird.

bread's done
Back