GGT 247 Got Impregnated By A Chryssalid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because for some reason people keep talking about the HD FFX like it's some godsend.
I don't get it either.

PSA: Buy FFX/FFX-2 HD collection to ensure an HD FFXII.

Thankies.
No. I will not buy a set of games I hated the first time to ensure an HD port of a game I thought was a marginal improvement over the last two. Well, to be fair, maybe X-2 could've been better than X... I got too worried about missing something important and spent like 4 hours grinding in front of some Sand Pit trying to get special items in the beginning because I was afraid they would disappear (the game said something about this). After that, I thought "I don't have enough interest in FFX to continue with this game, fuck it, sell it."

X-2 >>> XII

Real talk.
Fixed that for you. You hit too many Is when you were typing it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deja Entendu is 10 years old today.

Dude Ranch is 16.

Here's letlive's new album. Click through for the playlist, k?

I want Hank's opinion on Jason's beard growing capabilities. You'll know him when you see him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wnxFJUZtp4&list=PLcZMZxR9uxC83bTbuzl_rIFGzhgfdGo_P

Multiquote broke for me, too lazy to fix, so I'll just reply and y'all can figure it out. 

Good shit, Joel. Party it up. :bouncy:

Blood in, blood out, Indignate. 

I want FFXII Zodiac Job System HD. 

Beard is nice and even, like a Chia Pet on his face. Also I trimmed my beard like two months ago, but it's still pretty unruly looking. Thing was over a foot long. 

Considering FFX HD is supposed to be coming with the stuff from International, I'm really hoping that XII comes around with the option to play IZJS. I'll be picking up the FFX HDs just to toss into the Vita case. Those are the kinda games I can see lasting on my handheld for a while. Wish they were crossbuy.

The worst game you can think of > FFXIII. Edgy.

Considering FFX HD is supposed to be coming with the stuff from International, I'm really hoping that XII comes around with the option to play IZJS. I'll be picking up the FFX HDs just to toss into the Vita case. Those are the kinda games I can see lasting on my handheld for a while. Wish they were crossbuy.

The worst game you can think of > FFXIII. Edgy.
Wrong again, friend-o.

FFXIII is the best RPG square has put out since PSOne days. Easily.

Yep. I felt the same way. Thanks for sharing! I did end up really missing Ivy. I wish she was in more stuff. I really hope we get to see her at some point during Origins.
Yeah, she's not even in comics right now after her short time with Birds of Prey (honestly I wish she would come back to that team, I'm liking that team less and less with the new additions), and her couple issues where she was in Detective Comics. But yeah hopefully she does appear in the next game.

I adore Poison Ivy (her and Clayface are my franchise favorites,) but I pretty much hate her in the Arkham games. Just didn't vibe with me for whatever reason. I'm just being a TAS baby though.
I thought she was great in Asylum, and she was mostly fine and her interactions with Catwoman were funny, but she really didn't get to interact with Batman at all. And Poison Ivy is one of my favorite villains from comics.

Honestly, Ice, if you've got other games on the table, I'd say skip the Harley DLC. It's pretty much a series of halfheartedly stitched together challenge rooms. Feels really uninspired compared to the rest of the game.
Is there nothing plotwise revealed in it about a future sequel?

Technically, Square = Square Enix, and they put out Dragon Quest VIII, which is the best RPG from last gen. Easily better than FF13.
I disagree, chief.

I don't like DQ games and even with Akira Toriyama charcter design/artwork, I couldn't get into it. It was so slow and boring. Too many places you could get to underleveled and then had to spend hours grinding to get by them. Solid game. Better story/characters than FFX or FFXII (save Fran and Lulu). Good artwork... I just didn't like the pacing or the battle systems.

FWIW, I played and finished FFX, FFXII, and DQVIIII and was not compelled to do any of the extra/side/post game stuff.

The battle system in FFXIII was amazing and I wanted to complete everything because of it. Story sucked. It sucked that you couldn't do what you wanted until like 20 hours of the game were done. Some of the characters sucked. But that battle system... hell, even Rai Rai played a bunch of it and almost kind of liked it... it an he *hates* RPGs. That's how good it is. :p

I liked XIII's gameplay. The story, not so much.
As Rai Rai says... "Gameplay > Everything else" -- or something like that.

And none of the stories in those games was worth a damn after FF9. And even that pulled some stupid shit on disc 3 or whatever.

The battle system in FFXIII was amazing
Where I stopped.

Honestly, Ice, if you've got other games on the table, I'd say skip the Harley DLC. It's pretty much a series of halfheartedly stitched together challenge rooms. Feels really uninspired compared to the rest of the game.
You know, nothing that I recall, but I haven't played since it came out. Joel or someone may remember better than I can right now.

Thinking back to last week, Jack Tretton should have totally spiked the MIC and done an endzone dance after the used game announcement.

The last JRPG I've finished is FF12, which was great. Yes, the story was whatever, but I loved tweaking my gambits, doing hunts, and exploring. If I didn't have to push a button to win battles, I was pleased, but I'm a whore for strategy. I liked how the game felt like a large world and it was fun to explore and see things. FF13 just rammed me down a corridor most of the time, and had a battle system that was largely mash X, change paradigms, mash X, change, repeat. Wasn't a fan of the battle system, to say nothing of the nonsensical story and lame characters. I'd probably have liked it more if it opened up earlier in the game, but whatevs. No sweat off of my back. 

FF15 looks sweet. 

After FF7, FF sucked lets keep it real. Frosty I said this earlier but you either missed it or hate me and skipped my post which I don't blame you but I loved Ascension. The boss battle was better in A then 3.

Lies. FFIX is the best one in the series. Though the only one I've truly loathed with a fiery passion was VIII (also the only one I haven't beaten) terrible characters and systems.

Lies. FFIX is the best one in the series. Though the only one I've truly loathed with a fiery passion was VIII (also the only one I haven't beaten) terrible characters and systems.
Wrong.

FF7, FF8, FF9 are the pinnacle of the series and a continuation of the classics that were 4 and 6. <3 FF8, fuck the haters. Triple Triad for life!

The last JRPG I've finished is FF12, which was great. Yes, the story was whatever, but I loved tweaking my gambits, doing hunts, and exploring. If I didn't have to push a button to win battles, I was pleased, but I'm a whore for strategy. I liked how the game felt like a large world and it was fun to explore and see things. FF13 just rammed me down a corridor most of the time, and had a battle system that was largely mash X, change paradigms, mash X, change, repeat. Wasn't a fan of the battle system, to say nothing of the nonsensical story and lame characters. I'd probably have liked it more if it opened up earlier in the game, but whatevs. No sweat off of my back.

FF15 looks sweet.
FFX is ramming people down a corridor, pretty much. And people LOVE that one. :rofl:

All RPGs are pretty much MASH X. But the changing paradigms and thinking about what you needed or how to best deal damage with your setups was key. Some people claimed they just mashed x all day without every carefully choosing paradigms -- I don't know what game they played, but once Lightning had to fight Odin that shit didn't really fly any more.

Sorry for your bad taste bro.

People complain that you push X a lot in XIII...I guess you don't push that button a lot in 99% of other RPG's or something.
*HIGH-FIVE*

I imagine you saying this as Grumpy cat. And I love you for it. :D

I thought FFXIII had a pretty fun battle system that happened to be poorly utilized for the majority of the game.

My biggest problem with FFXIII is that I didn't care for the pacing.  The game felt very repetitive to me in a way that other RPGs don't.  I guess if I was more vested in the story, some of that tediousness could have been alleviated.  But I think the larger cause of that for me was that it's hard for me to stay interested in a game for 40 hours when it feels like there's nothing to do except walk forward and battle.

I thought FFXIII had a pretty fun battle system that happened to be poorly utilized for the majority of the game.

My biggest problem with FFXIII is that I didn't care for the pacing. The game felt very repetitive to me in a way that other RPGs don't. I guess if I was more vested in the story, some of that tediousness could have been alleviated. But I think the larger cause of that for me was that it's hard for me to stay interested in a game for 40 hours when it feels like there's nothing to do except walk forward and battle.
This. All fucking day.

Yep. I felt the same way. Thanks for sharing! I did end up really missing Ivy. I wish she was in more stuff. I really hope we get to see her at some point during Origins.
Yeah, she's not even in comics right now after her short time with Birds of Prey (honestly I wish she would come back to that team, I'm liking that team less and less with the new additions), and her couple issues where she was in Detective Comics. But yeah hopefully she does appear in the next game.

I adore Poison Ivy (her and Clayface are my franchise favorites,) but I pretty much hate her in the Arkham games. Just didn't vibe with me for whatever reason. I'm just being a TAS baby though.
I thought she was great in Asylum, and she was mostly fine and her interactions with Catwoman were funny, but she really didn't get to interact with Batman at all. And Poison Ivy is one of my favorite villains from comics.

Wellll, you find out that Harley's
positive pregnancy test from the main game was a false positive/miscarriage.
Other than that, there's nothing in it. Batman does keep talking about how badly he misses the Joker, though.

My biggest problem with FFXIII is that I didn't care for the pacing. The game felt very repetitive to me in a way that other RPGs don't. I guess if I was more vested in the story, some of that tediousness could have been alleviated. But I think the larger cause of that for me was that it's hard for me to stay interested in a game for 40 hours when it feels like there's nothing to do except walk forward and battle.
What do you do in other RPG's? Walk to the side and battle?

FFXIII is really no more linear than most other JRPG's. There's only ever one right path.

Not to mention FFXIII is really no more linear than most of the games this gen that people love. Uncharted, Gears of War, God of War, etc are all just as corridory as FFXIII. I haven't played The Last of Us yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case as well.

So you didn't like FFX either, then? ;)

FFXIII took like, maybe 20-25 hours where it was all story (ha!) and not exploring. At that point, the game opens up and there's a lot of stuff you can do.

Still, I'll take L'cie or whatever over Syn (religion) or whatever the hell the political story in FFXII was any day. :lol:

FFXIII took like, maybe 20-25 hours where it was all story (ha!) and not exploring. At that point, the game opens up and there's a lot of stuff you can do.

Still, I'll take L'cie or whatever over Syn or whatever the hell the political story in FFXII was any day. :lol:
Never played FFX, so I couldn't tell ya. I'll give it a try when the HD version comes out.

I think they did much better with XIII-2 I just finished that one recently.

Still, I'll take L'cie or whatever over Syn or whatever the hell the political story in FFXII was any day. :lol:
Never played FFX, so I couldn't tell ya. I'll give it a try when the HD version comes out.
I think I missed a couple summons or something, but I recall that game was a straight line from start to finish and there's like... 1 little field in between the big town and the mountain that you could explore and find one of the summons I missed in a random battle or something? I just remember after FF7, FF8, FF9 that I bought FF10 the day it released and was so excited. Tidus looked like he would be a cool main character like Cloud/Squall/Zidane and I figured after having villains like Sephiroth/Edea & Seifer/Kuja that it would deliver there too. But for me, it didn't -- I hated the story and everyone except Lulu (and Rikku, some what). After trying to explore during my first 15 hours but noticing everything was run from A to B in a mostly straight line (with a little exploration in dungeon type areas), I started to get upset. Then I tried to play blitzball and wanted to snap the disc in half. I managed to force my way through the stupidity to the last boss and he managed to repeatedly beat the hell out of me so I stopped playing and put the game down for at least 6 months. One day, I finally put it back in, somehow managed to beat the final boss, saw the ending and was disappointed. Sold/traded it and never looked back.

FFXIII is really no more linear than most other JRPG's. There's only ever one right path.

Not to mention FFXIII is really no more linear than most of the games this gen that people love. Uncharted, Gears of War, God of War, etc are all just as corridory as FFXIII. I haven't played The Last of Us yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case as well.
Other RPGs tend to have NPCs, towns, some puzzles, open environments, or at least something else to take up your time than walking, battling, and cutscenes. And while I'm not a huge fan of those other games you mentioned, it's worth noting that those games are very different experiences compared to FFXIII. For one, they don't have to stretch their gameplay over 40+ hours. And secondly, I'd still argue that they have more variation in gameplay than FFXIII, even if the story paths are linear.

I will say FF13 >>> Xenosaga 2. That game is pure trash.

Jecht and Yu Yevon took dirt naps pronto when I faced them. Super easy final bosses. 

Blitzball sucked dick. 

No game should take 25 hours to become good. fuck that noise. 

All games are repetitive. 

Also if you want easy? I'm pretty sure I just unleashed an omni-slash (it's been years) and Sepiroth was done.

Other RPGs tend to have NPCs, towns, some puzzles, open environments, or at least something else to take up your time than walking, battling, and cutscenes. And while I'm not a huge fan of those other games you mentioned, it's worth noting that those games are very different experiences compared to FFXIII. For one, they don't have to stretch their gameplay over 40+ hours. And secondly, I'd still argue that they have more variation in gameplay than FFXIII, even if the story paths are linear.
Yeah, running up to cover, shooting an entire army and then running up to the next area with cover and doing the same thing is an experience with a lot of variety. I couldn't imagine a game like Gears or Uncharted being 40 hours. The 6 or 7 hours they last for already feels like too much. The fact that I played through FFXIII and didn't get bored says something about it. I don't think it took 40 hours though.

Those games go for the extremely linear and cinematic experiences which is something I'm personally getting tired of. Besides, even though XIII doesn't have towns there's still a ton to do in the game besides the story. Can easily spend more time doing the extra stuff than it takes to beat the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back