GGT 249 welcomes everyone

axolotl, is that a fish in your avatar pic?
Its *drum roll* an axolotl!

You have a much nicer display than I do, then. I just keep all of mine on top of my entertainment center. I need to invest in a case one day.

And woooo on the lack of accent! I haven't had one since I was around 13. So happy to be a southerner without one.
Well its like I said my room is an otakuden. It has everything except a hug pillow lol. I could post a few pics later of what my room looks like, including the curio. Maybe some other day.

I'm at the tail end of FFXII. Dunno if I should just beat it to see what happens or keep chipping away at sidequests and shit. I worry that my auto-shelf protocol will kick in once I beat it and I'll leave everything sitting there. I'm having a blast, I just NEED CLOSURE.

I'm about halfway through TLOU. Haven't really been impressed so far...

Does Ellie ever get any less annoying or useful? Seriously. And the AI is terrible. I'm busy trying to attack an enemy and my people are busy hiding behind cover for no reason and running all over the place. This is silly.

And people talk crap about Sheva's AI in RE5...lol

TLoU is basically Resident Evil with the Uncharted game engine.  I'm only around the third act or so.  It's getting a little better as far as understanding the gameplay a bit more, but it's still too early for me in the game to make any decisions about it.  I agree that so far, beyond the graphics, I'm not getting what the hype is about.  The game, to me, does not do a very good job of introducing you to the stealth elements, which are very critical, especially if you play on harder difficulties where resources are even more limited than they would be.  I don't think it's a matter of hand holding so much as I just found the beginning of the game more frustrating and confusing than it needed to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ellie pretty much won me over when she yelled "HEY fuckER" at a hunter and threw a brick at him allowing me to rush him and kill him. That was such a great moment. I loved the story (except the ending), characters and graphics but I wasn't digging the gameplay so much. Mainly because of things like heavily armed enemies rarely dropping ammo and one particular level where due to circumstances your enemies should barely be able to see you except they are perfect goddamn shots. I still think it's good, a solid 8, just not this huge revolution everyone has been saying.

The AI is the only part of the game I disliked. I found Ellie to be helpful. She would occasionally stun enemies which would give me enough time to heal or reload.

The game, to me, does not do a very good job of introducing you to the stealth elements, which are very critical, especially if you play on harder difficulties where resources are even more limited than they would be. I don't think it's a matter of hand holding so much as I just found the beginning of the game more frustrating and confusing than it needed to be.
You press circle and hide behind stuff. :p

Ellie pretty much won me over when she yelled "HEY fuckER" at a hunter and threw a brick at him allowing me to rush him and kill him. That was such a great moment. I loved the story (except the ending), characters and graphics but I wasn't digging the gameplay so much. Mainly because of things like heavily armed enemies rarely dropping ammo and one particular level where due to circumstances your enemies should barely be able to see you except they are perfect goddamn shots. I still think it's good, a solid 8, just not this huge revolution everyone has been saying.
I'm surprised people didn't like the ending. Not sure what people were expecting.

TLoU is basically Resident Evil with the Uncharted game engine. I'm only around the third act or so. It's getting a little better as far as understanding the gameplay a bit more, but it's still too early for me in the game to make any decisions about it. I agree that so far, beyond the graphics, I'm not getting what the hype is about. The game, to me, does not do a very good job of introducing you to the stealth elements, which are very critical, especially if you play on harder difficulties where resources are even more limited than they would be. I don't think it's a matter of hand holding so much as I just found the beginning of the game more frustrating and confusing than it needed to be.
I wish they made a resident evil like this. When I finished the game I thought of what if it was jill and chris in the same game.

I wish they made a resident evil like this. When I finished the game I thought of what if it was jill and chris in the same game.
there is that underdevelopment game title "[SIZE=111%]The Evil Within", made by the guy who created resident evil[/SIZE] series

I'm at the tail end of FFXII. Dunno if I should just beat it to see what happens or keep chipping away at sidequests and shit. I worry that my auto-shelf protocol will kick in once I beat it and I'll leave everything sitting there. I'm having a blast, I just NEED CLOSURE.
I don't think the story really has a lot of closure. It just kind of... ends.

I'm surprised you care about it at all, since it's just kind of ... there. I blame Ivalice. I really don't like that "world".

When I got as far as you did, I wanted 'closure' too... the ability to finish the game, take the disc out of my PS2, and promptly sell it. :p

I don't think the story really has a lot of closure. It just kind of... ends.

I'm surprised you care about it at all, since it's just kind of ... there. I blame Ivalice. I really don't like that "world".

When I got as far as you did, I wanted 'closure' too... the ability to finish the game, take the disc out of my PS2, and promptly sell it. :p
That's likely what's doing it for me. I adore Ivalice and I find that lore and art style just keep me in there. I tend to get really into the story and world-building of any games I play, but that particular production team always managed to get me. Vagrant Story's probably my biggest example of continuing to dig for story even after I've unearthed every damned thing on the disc.

There's plenty of closure, it happens throughout the game for each character. The ending is just the product of all their decisions, where everything else has been pretty much answered well before the final fight begins. 

This thread is kind of terrible right now.

BNtrxHQCQAEqlCE.jpg

Oh. Better.

I'll replay FF XII when its upscaled in HD and includes the international version. I thought it was "meh".

My Etrian Odassassy IV arrived today. Fun times for moi.

I also thought FFXII was pretty meh, never could get that into it overall, both the characters and the combat just weren't for me really.

I'm like 2 hours into Project X Zone and actually am enjoying it and looking forward to playing some more.

That free Spartacus game is out on Xbox now, I never really got into the show but I'm always up for a Gladiator game so I'll be downloading that shortly 

I also thought FFXII was pretty meh, never could get that into it overall, both the characters and the combat just weren't for me really.

I'm like 2 hours into Project X Zone and actually am enjoying it and looking forward to playing some more.

That free Spartacus game is out on Xbox now, I never really got into the show but I'm always up for a Gladiator game so I'll be downloading that shortly
you talking about the sparatacus legends? i heard there is a glitch in that game.

Y'all best be careful with the welcoming of the new people. That's brought us to some dark places in the past.

Speaking of dark places, I'm out of the mountains and back to the swamps now. Mountain work was a lot shorter than usual, though it got extended by a couple days on account of the river we were camped by flooding.

bxkO4VV.jpg

g2goyHN.jpg

Been playing the hell out of Small World this season; think we're going to have to arrange some Vassal games of that when I get back to Saskatchewan. Should be some time in early August; just after Shadowrun Returns comes out.

Also, CAG looks like hell now. What the fuck?

Man, I have this problem so bad. Every open world game I play I seem to drop immediately after finishing up the main story, even if I was having a lot of fun with the game.

Dont worry much about me.  Ive been doing this foruming stuff forever.  I have thick skin and I dont like to cause drama.  I come home from work and relax in my little castle of cute otaku things and try to make the most out of life.

Your own fault for always picking the character that gets brigged, dude.

What's the average play time like on Small World?
For us, it depends a lot on how many smoke breaks there are and how windy it is. It's a lot less hefty than BSG, though.

Nice to meet you.
greetings!

Im lookin forward to the Neptunia anime. Same character designer who worked on Date a Live and that show was stupid and fun. console wars is generally a hilarious topic so a game/show based on it should be fantastic.

Dont worry much about me. Ive been doing this foruming stuff forever. I have thick skin and I dont like to cause drama. I come home from work and relax in my little castle of cute otaku things and try to make the most out of life.
Have you ever or are planning to ever ask guys to A) cuddle and or B) say they look cute? If no is your answer is both crotch will not hate you.

The hell is crotch doing? If hes not planting trees hes off fighting floods. A regular captain planet

100 degrees to hot to run outside so I'm going to stay inside and play japanese video games like the weeabo that I am

Have you ever or are planning to ever ask guys to A) cuddle and or B) say they look cute? If no is your answer is both crotch will not hate you.
Your description of me is rather unflattering; I've no particular objection to either of those things in particular so long as they do not encompass the entirety of your posting career.

And both of those things are superior to godawful wannabe-haikus.

Also, more flood-evading than flood-fighting. Nobody pays me to build bridges.

The hell is crotch doing? If hes not planting trees hes off fighting floods. A regular captain planet

100 degrees to hot to run outside so I'm going to stay inside and play japanese video games like the weeabo that I am
cute people are cute. Im asexual pretty much though I have a bit of attraction towards women. I just lack much of a sex drive and generally dont give a shit if I never get laid. Im a sappy person so I get emotional at times but not in public generally. and on a forum Im typically just kind of sarcastic and crazy. I dont cuddle either. I have been known to hug people of both sexes when they need one as well as even coworkers. Im not a shy person (anymore)

I didn't even know you had a gaf account. I know Indiggle doesn't cuz apparently he's too cool for it. Or something.

That link just reminded me i need to replay Continuum Shift after i beat TLOU.

I miss cereal. Had that shit everyday of my life. Then I got IBS or Crohn's or something last year and I now that stuff destroys me. Literally happened over night, and I specifically remember because it was the night I marathoned Diablo 3. Game was so bad it gave me a chronic illness.

I'm just making pasta with butter and some Parmesan cheese. Really need to go grocery shopping tomorrow.

bread's done
Back