GGT 253 Wished Upon Lights for the Steam Summer Sale and it Came True

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside of having no idea what is going on and the death of
Doctor Light
be essentially meaningless, it was an OK issue. It has a better start than Avengers vs X-Men and Flashpoint, but it lacks the conviction that Civil War and Blackest Night had. Ivan Reis once again shows us why he is one of the best pencilers in the business, though I think the scope of the script really hinders his work in some areas that he is forced to put so much shit on one page or panel. And where are the Justice League Dark? That is a travesty in and of itself considering it has been the most consistent JL title.

But if we want to talk comics, Young Avengers and Hawkeye easily win this week. Such amazing writing.

I wish you would do something with me sometime...

Spoiler it for me.
Superman
kills Doctor Light and fights Captain Marvel.
Awesomeness.

Outside of having no idea what is going on and the death of
Doctor Light
be essentially meaningless, it was an OK issue. It has a better start than Avengers vs X-Men and Flashpoint, but it lacks the conviction that Civil War and Blackest Night had. Ivan Reis once again shows us why he is one of the best pencilers in the business, though I think the scope of the script really hinders his work in some areas that he is forced to put so much shit on one page or panel. And where are the Justice League Dark? That is a travesty in and of itself considering it has been the most consistent JL title.

But if we want to talk comics, Young Avengers and Hawkeye easily win this week. Such amazing writing.
The villains are probably working with Despero or Eclipso to mess with Superman. Either that or Pandora's Box really affected Supes more than he thought. JLD will pop up soon in it. It was only the first issue, gotta leave time for things to unfold. As for lacking conviction, I don't think it really needs a whole lot of reason to be going on. I mean, this is basic comic stuff with enemies tampering with heroes so that their tempers are flaring to the point that they fly off the handle and fight each other. Don't worry though, Batman will prevail. Most of the heroes in these books are still kind of new to the whole teaming up thing, so they're still learning the ins and outs of misunderstanding brawls.

Can't really agree with Young Avengers. Still really disliking it. The only issue that I've even seriously enjoyed was #6. I do adore Hawkeye though, it is wonderful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joel, I need you to explain Zod to me. Why does he have the same powers as superman and why did he lose?
Because he's Kryptonian and because Superman finds a way. It's one of those "good will always triumph over evil" things. No matter the odds, Superman will ALWAYS win. Unless Batman is the odds. Because Batman is Batman.

Edit: I'm re-reading JL #22 and still can't get over how fucking great it is. Best issue of JL in years. Most of the shit since Final Crisis has sucked so bad that I was constantly wishing the book would be canceled. Now I'm so happy that it's good again.

Because he's Kryptonian and because Superman finds a way. It's one of those "good will always triumph over evil" things. No matter the odds, Superman will ALWAYS win. Unless Batman is the odds. Because Batman is Batman.

Edit: I'm re-reading JL #22 and still can't get over how fucking great it is. Best issue of JL in years. Most of the shit since Final Crisis has sucked so bad that I was constantly wishing the book would be canceled. Now I'm so happy that it's good again.
fuck Superman.

Zod should crush his skull into dust.

Kara is stronger than both of them, so whatever.

I wish I could read comics without feeling the need to read every other fuckin comic so i don't feel like I'm missing out on the full story. It's the only thing that continues to stop me.

Kara is stronger than both of them, so whatever.

I wish I could read comics without feeling the need to read every other fuckin comic so i don't feel like I'm missing out on the full story. It's the only thing that continues to stop me.
Y'know, there is that site I told you about...

That place scares the hell out of me.

I can't even remember what I signed up with either.

Maybe I'll make a new account and start posting 4 relz dis tyme..

Well, I'd suggest at least posting there enough for the peeps to get a feel on you. And if you decide to read old threads, please don't judge too much. Been making posts there since I was 18, so I have said and done a LOT of stupid shit on those boards.

Superman is also more experienced with his super powers so there's that too. Zod was still learning.

As much of a KH fan as I am, I don't think I'm getting the HD collection. 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ghi3BB1IxQ[/youtube]

Rather just watch it. 

Still gotta get myself KH:3D. 

The FFX collection is being released this year, right? 

I have realized that growing up with an accent and learning several others as I've grown up has severely affected my ability to some understand rap lyrics. 

It's okay, though. Don't gotta know exactly what you're saying as long as you can mimic the sounds.

I'm getting 1.5 ReMIX cuz it's friggin Kingdom Hearts.

Summer seal in 10 hourssssssssss

I have been away

Bioshock Infinite done

No point to the end

Seriously, I get all the connections to make the ending work, but that was a snore of a game.  The game was also not designed around 1999 mode.

I'm getting 1.5 ReMIX cuz it's friggin Kingdom Hearts.

Summer seal in 10 hourssssssssss
I would *love* to knock a bunch of stuff off my wishlist. I have a feeling it's going to be like the last sale and disappointing to those of us who have amassed a large collection of Steam games. :\

Just got back from watching Monsters University and Man of Steel, and I thouroughly enjoyed both and would recommend watching them if you ever get the chance, I knew nothing about Monsters so it surprised me and I heard some bad things about Man of steel so I was happy I actually enjoyed that.

I do have a phone but its oldddddd and dying and stuff
It can't be that old! I still have a last-gen phone techincally kinda....and I bet it's newer than the newest handheld you own! Which if I remember correctly was like an original GameBoy or something, so yeah, get on that!

How hard is it? I'm not all that great at shmups, even though I enjoy them.
I didn't play much but I don't remember it being all that hard, I enjoy my shmups though I don't to play them much, did some bullet hell stuff a bit this week though, pretty fun.

Well now you are, and now I can see you're playing Jamestown! :razz:

And if you mean getting over the EVO thing, I will probably be too busy wrapping up some JRPGs which I've been playing for way too long. And stalking Steam sales, of course >_>;
Now I have to add you on Steam since you added Indignate and demz da rulez.

P4A Master Race.

JRPGs > Evo.
I agree with the second statement, I have more interest in JRPGs than EVO :D

Yes.

Are people that squeamish?

Whatever, I'll put it in spoilers I guess.
I can be squeamish and I didn't think that picture was really bad at all.

Rather just watch it.

I'll most likely be getting the KH HD collection, I hate watching games, I must play them!

Also, I have all of the games in the series...

Unlike last year's disappointing holiday sales i have a feeling this year's sale is going to be a lot better!

There will probably be a metagame dealing with trading cards. Calling it now.

If i'm right all of you must give me all of your steam cards. C:

Just got back from watching Monsters University and Man of Steel, and I thouroughly enjoyed both and would recommend watching them if you ever get the chance, I knew nothing about Monsters so it surprised me and I heard some bad things about Man of steel so I was happy I actually enjoyed that.

I'll most likely be getting the KH HD collection, I hate watching games, I must play them!

Also, I have all of the games in the series...
Still gotta watch Monsters. I loved the first one.

Well, one of the three games can only be watched so... :p

No, dot. No Steam cards for you.

Still gotta watch Monsters. I loved the first one.

Well, one of the three games can only be watched so... :p

No, dot. No Steam cards for you.
If you loved the first one you will enjoy the new one for sure! Some references to it are in there even, pretty cool.

I know, and it's really stupid that they did that, luckily I've already beaten that game so I don't even know if I will re watch the cutscenes or not, might throw them on while I'm doing something else.

I sold all my cards yesterday for money for the sale, so I can't give out any cards now even if I wanted to :D
Guys, I think I might be done with SWTOR...
But the Force!

I made like ~$7-8 bucks off the ones I sold, still have to run three games to get the rest I can.

Most sold for like .30-.50, with a couple going a little bit higher or lower than that, nothing crazy but it's usually around a buck for each games worth of cards.

Just beat X Zone like 5 minutes ago, holy crap that last chapter was long, I started it at about 10:30...

Rather just watch it.

I wasn't planning on it, but my wife begged me to pre-order when we were in GS and trading in a bunch of stuff. Since I already had Xillia paid for I figured what the hell and used some of my credit on that.

summer seal summer seal summer seal summer seal summer seal summer seal summer seal summer seal

LBy9hqt.gif

I would *love* to knock a bunch of stuff off my wishlist. I have a feeling it's going to be like the last sale and disappointing to those of us who have amassed a large collection of Steam games. :\
Same here, I'm intrigued, yet I don't want to get too hyped about it.

FFX and X-2 are next on my list and I just got copies in the mail, so I won't be waiting for the HD versions :cry:

I wonder how bad these are going to look on my HDtv...

FFX and X-2 are next on my list and I just got copies in the mail, so I won't be waiting for the HD versions :cry:

Any specific reason you chose to get them now instead of waiting for the HD collection? I'm just wondering since it's not exactly that far away from coming out? As for how it will look on an HD, usually playing older games doesn't bother me graphics wise, but sometimes the text is just plain impossible to read, hopefully that doesn't happen since that would really suck in an RPG.

Trying to play and review the entire main series (not including MMOs) before the holidays. I've beaten IV, V, VI (just now), VII, VIII, IX, and XIII all since November. I still have the HD collection pre-ordered but I'm just in the mood to play them now.

Hoping to write some other articles and put together some kind of compilation when I'm all finished.

Trying to play and review the entire main series (not including MMOs) before the holidays. I've beaten IV, V, VI (just now), VII, VIII, IX, and XIII all since November. I still have the HD collection pre-ordered but I'm just in the mood to play them now.

Hoping to write some other articles and put together some kind of compilation when I'm all finished.
Gotcha, I actually think I've read most of your reviews, and I suppose that's a fair reason wanting to finish the series and do some write ups about them, would be kind of interesting to read an article about the whole series from somebody who recently went through them instead of having them be compared to a game you haven't played in years.

Having recently beaten FFX (for like the 20th time!) and started FFX-2, I can say that they look pretty bad on an HD TV. Not unplayable, mind you, but some textures and landscapes just look like diarrhea.

I answered that before! I quoted what I said before. To give a sense of how much I made though I sold all of the cards I had on my account yesterday and went from like around a buck in Steam cash to $8.54, so I should be able to crack 10 bucks after I get the rest of the cards I can.

I made like ~$7-8 bucks off the ones I sold, still have to run three games to get the rest I can.

Most sold for like .30-.50, with a couple going a little bit higher or lower than that, nothing crazy but it's usually around a buck for each games worth of cards.

Yeah, listing them for 5 cents is way too low.

If you search for the particular game on the steam market you can see the card prices. Most cards are sold in the 20-30 cent range. There are even some cards that are worth double that much.

1 more hour until the summer seal!

Yeah, listing them for 5 cents is way too low.

If you search for the particular game on the steam market you can see the card prices. Most cards are sold in the 20-30 cent range. There are even some cards that are worth double that much.

1 more hour until the summer seal!
I'm not sure my house is a proper living environment for a seal, dot. :\

August 13th for Ducktales? Dammit I'll be too busy playing Xillia and Dream Team then (and maybe even Dragon's Crown)....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back