GGT 257 Supports CheapyD and his love for Microsoft

Why isn't hayter writing xmen days of future past? Also reading old new x-men that guy with three faces has to be the shittest mutant I've ever seen. I mean at least jubilee could throw fire crackers. This guy had three fucking faces that did nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why isn't hayter writing xmen days of future past? Also reading old new x-men that guy with three faces has to be the shittest mutant I've ever seen. I mean at least jubilee could throw fire crackers. This guy had three fucking faces that did nothing.
Probably because he's busy secretly voicing Solid Snake in MGS5. And you're right. The only person I dislike more than three face dude is Blob Herman.

I picked up Persona 3 since it's on sale on PSN. I'm excited to finally play it.

It is? Maybe I'll give it another chance.I got to the end back on the PS2 but the end boss was just so massively cheap I gave up.

Probably because he's busy secretly voicing Solid Snake in MGS5. And you're right. The only person I dislike more than three face dude is Blob Herman.

I picked up Persona 3 since it's on sale on PSN. I'm excited to finally play it.
Yeah he's pretty bad too.

Oooooooh.  Mutant Blobs Attack got Steam Trading Cards?  Finally a game I like enough to collect them all for.   :lol:

If you have the game and get some cards and have doubles, please look to me before you sell them on the market for $0.15. :D

We are. You can only be wrong for disliking it.
I've been wrong for most of my life. Not sure P4G is going to change that. I already know that Chie's new VA is worse and I haven't even played it!

I'm pretty sure I'd like to buy P3P too -- I've seen many love/hate comments on it, but based on the info that it's the only version of the game where you can control your whole party, I think that's the seller for me right there. 3D map wandering and anime cutscenes won't be missed that much, I think. I think it's missing "The Answer" part too? But I could choose to be a female lead?

Arrrg. Help?

I've been wrong for most of my life. Not sure P4G is going to change that. I already know that Chie's new VA is worse and I haven't even played it!
Haha, I honestly am interested to see what you think. Despite my love for the franchise, I can absolutely see why some people wouldn't be into it. It's a blast, but it's far from perfect. As is the case with most of my favorites.

New Chie 4 life.

Haha, I honestly am interested to see what you think. Despite my love for the franchise, I can absolutely see why some people wouldn't be into it. It's a blast, but it's far from perfect. As is the case with most of my favorites.

New Chie 4 life.
See my edit above, please.

I'm a little hesitant cause I have no interest in the social sim aspects, so I'm wondering if the game will suck because I don't give a fuck about making friends or dating or whatever. In GTA4, you could skip that shit, mostly, and not have it affect the story/outcome. I'm worried here that you miss out if you don't feel like doing it.

And the new Chie voice (I already find her character annoying based on rampant internet fanboys, etc.) reminded me of Vanille, for some reason. And I loathed her voice. Indiggy is right, the old voice is superior.

I'm pretty sure I'd like to buy P3P too -- I've seen many love/hate comments on it, but based on the info that it's the only version of the game where you can control your whole party, I think that's the seller for me right there. 3D map wandering and anime cutscenes won't be missed that much, I think. I think it's missing "The Answer" part too? But I could choose to be a female lead?

Arrrg. Help?
The main advantage of FES is The Answer as you mentioned, which is basically a 30 hour epilogue to the main game. And I did like being able to walk around the school/dorm/etc in 3D space. In P3P, you do get to take control of all of your party characters in battles instead of just the main character. That's not something that ever really bothered me in the main game, but I can see the appeal of that for other people. Personally, I'd recommend FES over P3P, but that's just my personal preference since I'd rather have the additional content over controlling the party members.

The main advantage of FES is The Answer as you mentioned, which is basically a 30 hour epilogue to the main game. And I did like being able to walk around the school/dorm/etc in 3D space. In P3P, you do get to take control of all of your party characters in battles instead of just the main character. That's not something that ever really bothered me in the main game, but I can see the appeal of that for other people. Personally, I'd recommend FES over P3P, but that's just my personal preference since I'd rather have the additional content over controlling the party members.
If there's anything I can't stand, it's AI party members who don't do what I want them to and then cause me to lose a difficult battle. That and the fact AI party members take away from the general interactivity of the random battles fought. I suppose it makes grinding easier, but if I'm not engaged by making choices of what spell to cast or ability to use or which enemy to target, what's the fucking point (unless it's like FF12, where you control the AI behaviour through gambits). Might as well turn the main character to AI and I'll just walk around and it can fight the entire battle for me. :p

Add in the fact that I would be more likely to play it if I could play on my Vita, and P3P is the clear winner of the 2 for me, providing that what the positive reviews say about the game still being great in that form are accurate. Unless PS2 Classics suddenly become playable on Vita somehow, I know which version I'm leaning toward, should I throw more money at the dying Atlus corporation.

Is there any reason I'd need to play P3P before P4G?

Yeah, it's very player-dependant. For me, not having party control is literally a deal breaker, so I went with P3P. I didn't miss the 3D wandering or the cutscenes, and after recently spending some time playing The Answer I'm glad that I opted to watch it on youtube instead. I had a blast with P3, but The Answer has waaaay more griding and way fewer story beats.

One of the main reasons I like the series is that it manages to balance the story moments and dungeon crawls. Too much of either would have been too monotonous for me.

And I'm with you. I don't even give a shit about Chie. I just like that she sounds more like a peppy student and less post-op now.

If there's anything I can't stand, it's AI party members who don't do what I want them to and then cause me to lose a difficult battle.

Add in the fact that I would be more likely to play it if I could play on my Vita, and P3P is the clear winner of the 2 for me, providing that what the positive reviews say about the game still being great in that form are accurate.
Yeah, it sounds like for you P3P would be the one to go with then. If you end up liking the game a lot, you can always buy FES later and jump right into The Answer.

I played P3P. Was good.

If you don't like the social stuff though, maybe play P2 instead?
I dunno if I don't like the social stuff... maybe it's actually fun in a Persona game?

It's not in GTA4 though. I wasn't going on dates and angling for coffee meetups for my own personal enjoyment.

Aside from some very ancillary recurring characters, no. I was totally fine playing 4 first, and it was just as fun reverse-revealing the characters who pop up in 3. Both games stand strong on their own, and gameplay is similar enough to hop in either direction from one to the other.

New Chie 4 life.
Look, I like you, alright?

Let's not turn this around.

See my edit above, please.

I'm a little hesitant cause I have no interest in the social sim aspects, so I'm wondering if the game will suck because I don't give a fuck about making friends or dating or whatever. In GTA4, you could skip that shit, mostly, and not have it affect the story/outcome. I'm worried here that you miss out if you don't feel like doing it.

And the new Chie voice (I already find her character annoying based on rampant internet fanboys, etc.) reminded me of Vanille, for some reason. And I loathed her voice. Indiggy is right, the old voice is superior.
You can totally beat the game without doing the social stuff, but dungeons only open up during a certain time so there will be a point where just going back into them isn't going to do much for you.

Social links give bonus exp to fusions, enough so that your personas are gaining multiple levels and learning a lot of skills upon creation. They also give bonuses to your characters in your party, like them taking a deathblow for you (if the main character falls in battle, game over).

But you can get by without, it would just make things easier and less frustrating. I'm not sure if P4G has any skip dialouge feature, but the original didn't.

Also, High Five.

There's a few references in P4 to P3, but nothing major. The stories are disconnected for the most part.

Now P4A is another story.

I just like that she sounds more like a peppy student and less post-op now.
Like, do you want to fight?

Is that what this is about?

Meet me in the street, bro. I'm gonna get P4A on PS3 and get good with Chie just so you have to hear her win forever.

I'm not sure if P4G has any skip dialouge feature, but the original didn't.
You can fast forward scenes in P4G. It made NG+ incredible.

Have fun playing such a low tier character.

Nothing like my Naot...oh wait.

You'll appreciate these. Part of my recent deluge of Persona toys.

1085296_10100906322789268_439830675_n.jpg

Indig already has to hear new Chie's voice all the time when we play against each other.

He also hears the announcer say "perfect" a lot, too.

Yeah he's pretty bad too.
When he ran off in Wolverine and the X-Men I just about facepalmed my hand through my head.

Shit's good. You go Portable or FES?
FES. My PSP is pretty much dead, so I thought it'd be best to go with the version I know I'll be able to finish.

I'm guessing FES.

I'm thinking about grabbing P3P to play on my Vita.

I did buy P4G. All these people who rave about it better be at least HALF right about how good it is.
I'm thinking about picking up P4G too since it's so cheap, even if I don't have a Vita right now.

Oooooooh. Mutant Blobs Attack got Steam Trading Cards? Finally a game I like enough to collect them all for.
laughing24.gif

If you have the game and get some cards and have doubles, please look to me before you sell them on the market for $0.15.
veryhappy13.gif
Sweetness! I'll be sure to send my cards your way if I get it :D

Good to hear! After reading about some of the differences between the two, I was beginning to get a little worried that I picked up the wrong one, but if you prefer FES, I'm glad that's the one I chose.

Also, I just started to play Bit.Trip.Runner and goddamn I love that game.

Ok, Frost charity time:

I have steam keys for the following games:

Nightsky (x2)

Beat Hazard

Super Hexagon

Hotline Miami

Aquaria

Kung Fu Strike

If you're a GGT regular, feel free to ask me for one or two and I'll PM them to you.

I was thinking no, but I've heard good stuff about Aquaria so if it's available I'll give it a go. Thank you.

When he ran off in Wolverine and the X-Men I just about facepalmed my hand through my head.
I was hoping Sauron would drain his life units. He really is a useless character almost like every character in uncanny x-men. Cyclops has recruited some shitty mutants other than that chick who can freeze time.

Ok so I just started playing Tekken Tag 2 and the OST is amazing ... High School Love is embarrassingly catchy. Any other gems on this soundtrack?

I dunno if I don't like the social stuff... maybe it's actually fun in a Persona game?
It's not in GTA4 though. I wasn't going on dates and angling for coffee meetups for my own personal enjoyment.
I didn't think I'd like the social aspects of P3FES but I turned out loving them.

bread's done
Back