GGT 257 Supports CheapyD and his love for Microsoft

Yeah, I know Persona is one of their big games but I have no idea what the sale numbers are for all of their titles, I just hear that the games they make for 3DS do pretty good as well. I wondered if the sale is due to them trying to make sales on these games before it happens to go to Nintendo only as well.
I know this is VG Chartz so take it with a grain of salt but this is what they say the numbers are:

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?page=1&results=200&name=&platform=&minSales=0&publisher=162&genre=&sort=GL

Persona series games in 6 of the top 11 spots. Demon's Souls at 1.7M and the only one to top 1M in sales (unless you combine the 3 versions of Persona 3 [3, FES, Portable] which then is 1.64M combined.) Top selling non-Persona SMT game is Nocturne at 380k for 13th place, but supposedly SMT IV is already at 250k with just Japan figured in so with US numbers that could push it easily into their lifetime top 10 (10th place is a tie between vanilla Persona 3 on PS2 and Persona 1 on PS1 with 450k each.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Frosty!

Finally finished TLoU...on Easy.  :p  fucking casual, that's me!  :/

I might do New Game +, but not any time soon.  I can now move on to another game...do I start SMTIV?  Not sure what to play next, but with Steam sale goodies and endless backlog, I'll think of something...

Dunno if it's the right crowd in here, but we've been trying to stock some more local multiplayer/party type games at my place recently. Was thinking about grabbing Mario Party or some shit. We tend to just run Smash Brothers, Sony Smash, LBP and shit like that, but wanted to see if any of you guys had some recommendations. Want to branch a little bit away from fighters for party situations.

Dunno if it's the right crowd in here, but we've been trying to stock some more local multiplayer/party type games at my place recently. Was thinking about grabbing Mario Party or some shit. We tend to just run Smash Brothers, Sony Smash, LBP and shit like that, but wanted to see if any of you guys had some recommendations. Want to branch a little bit away from fighters for party situations.
I'm usually more into the coop side of things but I can think of a few games that might be good depending on what you like.

The Halo games are great for both co-op and versus, but that's probably a given. If you like comic stuff like a lot of people here the Marvel Ultimate series have really fun 4 player co-op in them (then there's similar styled games, though most aren't the greatest such as Monster Madness). I've always enjoyed the Worms games, which can be had on essentially any system and they let you do teams or ffa. If you don't mind going old school some of those collections like the Midway one have some good local gameplay (like gauntlet/rampage). The Tales series has 4 player combat but since that's an RPG some people might not really like sitting there watching/waiting for that. The New Super Mario games have some fun 4 player co-op in them as well. The Kart racers like Mario Kart/Sonic All-Stars are always fun in local as well. If you like games like Mario Party you may enjoy some of the Raving Rabbids titles as well with their quirkiness, or even the Mario/Sonic Olympics titles. Goldeneye 007 has the 4 player versus. Tank! Tank! Tank! has some fun 4 player modes, might not be the best game but you can try the free version to see what it's like. Rock Band is still fun if you get a group going on in it.

For only 2 people, you have one of my personal favorites in the Earth Defense Force series. Then the Warriors (Dynasty/Samurai) games have 2 player co-op in them as well. There's Borderlands, Metal Slug series, Kororinpa (A marble rolling game, kinda like Monkey Ball), the Kirby titles, Batman brave in the bold is a good one as well, same with the LEGO titles. I actually had some fun with the Green Lantern movie game as long as you get a co-op buddy for it as well even. The Kane/Lynch games have 2 player story mode in them, as did the console version of Unreal Tournament 3. If you do like Diablo style games you may enjoy Sacred 2.

Source: I have too many games!

Boom Blox

Hail to the chimp and Fairytale Fights.

Amazing games.

Finally started up the Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim last night. Had almost forgotten how relaxing it is wandering around finding locations and doing random quests.

Some. Prefer a super hoppy IPA though. With Stone IPA being my favorite. :D

fuck. My oracle of seasons save got messed up somehow. Don't know if I accidentally loaded a restore point and then it auto saved or what. But I was saved at start of fourth dungeon and now was at boss of second. Grrrrr.

You Don't Know Jack.

Done.

Dmaul, did you try TLOU multiplayer yet? I never play multiplayer on anything really but thinking about it for this. Just wanted some thoughts on if you liked it.

Some. Prefer a super hoppy IPA though. With Stone IPA being my favorite. :D

fuck. My oracle of seasons save got messed up somehow. Don't know if I accidentally loaded a restore point and then it auto saved or what. But I was saved at start of fourth dungeon and now was at boss of second. Grrrrr.
Eh, that's not so bad. I totally figured you'd be a Belgian guy with love for Ommegang or something. ;)

Personally I prefer stouts/porters/nut brown ales. Occasionally I'll go for an IPA though, but it has to be great and not all hops (Dogfish 60 minute, for example).

David Hayter has fallen on hard times.

He's now in Shadow of the Eternals.

I'm still convinced this is all a long con.

Not the Eternals thing, the Hayter/Kojima thing.

Also the Eternals thing.

We've had countless great games from kickstarter like uhmm and uh that one and uhuhh nffeeflfefkrhlhrhr e hrhjterehhrehr

RIP DAVID HAYTER

Dmaul, did you try TLOU multiplayer yet? I never play multiplayer on anything really but thinking about it for this. Just wanted some thoughts on if you liked it.
Haven't got a chance to check it out yet.

Eh, that's not so bad. I totally figured you'd be a Belgian guy with love for Ommegang or something. ;)

Personally I prefer stouts/porters/nut brown ales. Occasionally I'll go for an IPA though, but it has to be great and not all hops (Dogfish 60 minute, for example).
Yeah, Dogfish Head's stuff rocks as well.

And no Ommegang, if I'm going for a Belgian I want an actual Belgian. I do like Belgian Brown Ales a lot (Corsendonk, St. Bernardus 12 etc.). And the occasional dubbel or tripel.

Love stouts (especially imperials) and porters too. Really, I love all types of beer except for light lagers, most pilsners, and fruity beers.

I hear beer talk.

Start drinking this:

oskar-blues-old-chub-scotch-ale.jpg

Mercenary Kings looks really cool. I like the cross between Metal Slug and Monster Hunter.

Buying Early Access on Steam is weird though. I'll just wait until the PS4 drops and get it on that.

Good idea?

Great idea.

Same guys that did Scott Pilgrim vs. The World on PSN and XBLA.

That game was riddled with bugs, but it was awesome to break :D

I had some Old Chub last night oddly enough.  Oskar Blues just rocks, all their stuff is good.  Dale's, Deviant Dales, Gubna, G'Knight, Ten Fidy are my faves. Old Chub is solid, just not a huge lover of Scotch Ales.  Their Little Yella Pils is even alright and I tend to hate pilsners.

Anyway, back to 4th dungeon in Oracle of Seasons.  Will be very careful with the saving/restore point crap from now on.

I fucking love CAG. I will happily take a Skyrim Legendary key for 26 bucks.

Agree with Pilgrim being a broken blast. Loved that game.

And I might just go ahead and be a quitter. The more I think about it, the less engaged I am by SMT4. I'll prolly keep the box/guide/soundtrack and pick it up again when it's cheaper and I feel like having a grindfest.

Drink Left Hand Milk Stout.

Action out.

JoelDawg why'd they ruin Xorn? He was interesting and then like the next second OH IM MAGNETO OH IM XORN OH WHT HAHfuck

what?

"Natasha is a huge part of the sequel because you do want to concentrate on the people who don't have their own franchises. Although she in 'Cap 2,' [and] she's great. She was the most fun for me because she's not a hero, you know, and it's something that I read—and I feel bad that I can't remember who wrote the book—but it's in one of the books explaining, 'These guys are heroes, you are a spy. It's a different thing—it's a different skill set—and you don't have their moral high ground or any of that good stuff.' And that just makes her so interesting to me. So yeah, the stuff I've got going on with her in the second one is killer."

You know what made avengers great? natasha, said nobody

She doesn't even have a big role in the book. oh well whatever

bread's done
Back