GGT#28's Official Mascot Is Skittlez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, thanks Frost. I guess I'll sit on it for the day and wait for more input before deciding. It takes forever and a day to get stuff uploaded on there e_e.

I liked Crackdown, but I wasn't left with much desire to play a sequel as it was one of those games that I was glad to be done with by the time the credits rolled.

But to be fair, I don't tend to like sandbox games, so after 5 hours or so the jumping over buildings etc. got old and I was left trying to plod through the frustrating combat to get to the end.

Does the 2nd feel much different, or just more of the same?

Maybe I will take it down then. I'm still debating the whole thing anyways, so many people are saying that being a tester is horrible.

EDIT: Ok, I deleted it.

Also, I played blur last night and I'd have to say it's ok, but I think split/second may be more up my ally. I hate when you have such shitty cars starting out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dmaul1114']I liked Crackdown, but I wasn't left with much desire to play a sequel as it was one of those games that I was glad to be done with by the time the credits rolled.

But to be fair, I don't tend to like sandbox games, so after 5 hours or so the jumping over buildings etc. got old and I was left trying to plod through the frustrating combat to get to the end.

Does the 2nd feel much different, or just more of the same?[/QUOTE]

It's very similar to the first.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Crackdown 2 is fucking amazing. God, I can't wait for it to come out.[/QUOTE]

Oh yea the demo comes out today! Thanks for the reminder.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Maybe I will take it down then. I'm still debating the whole thing anyways, so many people are saying that being a tester is horrible.

EDIT: Ok, I deleted it. [/QUOTE]

Dammit! I didn't get to see it. Sad face. I wanted to see a skanky Tifa. :cry:

Ouch, OnLive's pricing is ridiculous - subscription is free for the first year for a while, but games are full price (59.99 for Splinter Cell Conviction, 50 for new Prince of Persia) but you still lose them once the subscription ends.

[quote name='diddy310']Ouch, OnLive's pricing is ridiculous - subscription is free for the first year for a while, but games are full price (59.99 for Splinter Cell Conviction, 50 for new Prince of Persia) but you still lose them once the subscription ends.[/QUOTE]
:hot:

Woah, didn't know they are charging FULL price. I was expecting like less than 20... what in the world. Who would pay that much for a rental?

[quote name='gunm']Red Dead Co-op mission pack download tomorrow...it's free? I'm getting it...

And Onlive is BS. fuck that service.[/QUOTE]
Yea awesome of Rockstar. Can't wait!

I really should checkout the Crackdown 2 demo.... But I'm waiting on my stuff from Amazon to get here so I can set up my new 360. I don't really feel like downloading the demo twice.

You guys gotta add me, if you don't already have my gamertags it's Cheska19 on PSN and BlazeyLove on Live. (And before anyone asks, my live name has nothing to do with weed.)

[quote name='DarkNessBear']There is Coop in the demo?[/QUOTE]

The demo is full game, man. At least it seems like it.
30 minute time limit.

Seems like it's buggy as fuck though.

anyone playing the demo right now?
id be up for some co op if so

also nice to see that other people like it since gaf is bitching how its not crackdown..:lol:

[quote name='manthing']Look on the bright side: Now you can buy a KINECT-ready 360 as a replacement.[/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
:rofl:

Poor Preston.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']New 360 Shorts only have 1 year warranty. ;D

I hope they fixed the RRoD/E74 problems, and not just removing the damn lights. :lol:[/QUOTE]

The lights are still there...just smaller. :p

I hope they fixed the RRoD/E74 problems, and not just removing the damn lights. :lol:[/QUOTE]

There's been a few reports on CAG and elsewhere of people getting a message saying the machine was shutting down to prevent overheating, and could be turned back on when the light went off.

Hopefully those were machines people had in poorly ventilated areas--and it won't be widespread. As it would suck if all MS had done was build in a failsafe shutdown to keep things from melting, vs. solving the heat problem.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']So does Van Smorrisey, but we don't throw that in your face! :roll:[/QUOTE]Ah-ha! So you admit it sucks! ;)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']How do I download/where do I find hero sprites for 3DDGH made by other players?[/QUOTE]
Officially:
http://www.3ddotgameheroes.com/hallofheroes/
Unofficially:
http://thegeorama.com/3ddotgameheroes/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=1574d4624414bae95a5b28fcba56ca97

You'll find more of the copy-right infringing characters at the user forum, if that's what you're after.
There are some CAG ones posted in the 3D Dot thread here too.

Are you kidding?

(1) There's already videos of overheating producing GPU artifacts
(2) The box forces a shutdown if it detects itself overheating

:rofl:

[quote name='dallow']Ah-ha! So you admit it sucks! ;)

Officially:
http://www.3ddotgameheroes.com/hallofheroes/
Unofficially:
http://thegeorama.com/3ddotgameheroes/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=1574d4624414bae95a5b28fcba56ca97

You'll find more of the copy-right infringing characters at the user forum, if that's what you're after.
There are some CAG ones posted in the 3D Dot thread here too.[/QUOTE]

I hate finding extra threads... and yeah, Crackdown (1 or 2) is no masterpiece, but they're damn fun for screwing around. It's about the only sandbox game I enjoy for doing so.

:rofl: at people who traded in 360 fatties with more than 1 year of RROD warranty for a slim.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Okay, apparently its out of warranty, but not out of red light warranty, so off it goes.[/QUOTE]

You still need to buy Kinect. I recommend it.

[quote name='dmaul1114']There's been a few reports on CAG and elsewhere of people getting a message saying the machine was shutting down to prevent overheating, and could be turned back on when the light went off.

Hopefully those were machines people had in poorly ventilated areas--and it won't be widespread. As it would suck if all MS had done was build in a failsafe shutdown to keep things from melting, vs. solving the heat problem.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Are you kidding?

(1) There's already videos of overheating producing GPU artifacts
(2) The box forces a shutdown if it detects itself overheating

:rofl:[/QUOTE]

Yep, not touching a 360 Short until they fix their problems. :rofl:

McAllen, TX facility will have to hire more Mexicans.

[quote name='manthing']:rofl: at people who traded in 360 fatties with more than 1 year of RROD warranty for a slim.[/QUOTE]

Sucks to be them. At least if the reports are true, they won't have to wait long to send it in. :D

[quote name='shosh']the 3ds line up is fantastic no doubt. but the graphics on it seems a bit crappy. seems like the new psp could throw out a device that can do 360 graphics in a year or two, like the psp doing ps2 graphics.[/QUOTE]

CAG is morons

Does the new 360 at least warn you that the system is about to overheat and shutdown? I'd hate to be playing something and have it shutoff before I can save it.

Why is the driving still shitty in Crackdown 2? There's a baseline of control that a game needs to have if they're going to build up to much better vehicles or controls.

Got more Bioshock 2 in tonight. Finished off Pauper's Drop and did all of Siren Alley and saved at the beginning of Dionysus Park. Have been finding all the little sisters, doing the 2 Adam gatherings with each and then rescuing them.

Enjoying the game a lot, though I seem to be dying a lot more than I recall in Bioshock 1. Not that it matters much with the Vitachambers (not going to the achievement for not using them).

The Big Sisters are a bitch, and defending the little sisters is getting tougher now that there are Spider Splicers and Brute Splicers attacking during those sequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back