GGT#28's Official Mascot Is Skittlez

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='whoknows']I want a Saturn.[/QUOTE]

You should've hit me up like two weeks ago if you wanted a Saturn, when it sat on my trade list for a month. :bomb:

[quote name='hankmecrankme']You should've hit me up like two weeks ago if you wanted a Saturn, when it sat on my trade list for a month. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Damn.

I really need to check the trading forums more often.

Yeah bro, it was a model 2 Saturn with like 20 US games, 8 imports, memory card, 4 in 1 RAM cart thinger, 3 Japanese style controllers, 1 US Batarang, 1 3D controller, and an S video cable.

Shit was a steal. :cry:

[quote name='Chacrana']That's how I know it sucks![/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA.

[quote name='Chacrana']Me too. I played through the first 3 hours of Crysis 1... I might finish it tonight. I definitely prefer Warhead's speedier pace.

Got X-Men Vs. Street Fighter for Saturn in the mail, too. Neato. I guess I should think about hooking up my Saturn.[/QUOTE]

Nice, that game is so good. Definitely in my top 3 favorite games ever. (XvSF, not Crysis)

II have no idea why the sound is like that, it was beyond perfect on my computer. Grr!! Besides that is it ok? I'm going to be majorly disappointed if one of those girls who only play MW2 makes it ahead of me.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']II have no idea why the sound is like that, it was beyond perfect on my computer. Grr!! Besides that is it ok? I'm going to be majorly disappointed if one of those girls who only play MW2 makes it ahead of me.[/QUOTE]

you need to pull that ish into a video editor and jack the gain on the sound level to max, you're inaudible on my laptop at max volume... you sound like the teacher from charlie brown.

Started with some backlog killing fun - tried to play Condemned 2, they must have taken down the 1.01 patch down or something, because the popup will happen saying that the game is going to quit and install the update, and my PS3 gives the 3 beeps and reboots after a few seconds.

Started playing the game with my ethernet cable unplugged, played for like 20 minutes, too much shaky cam for me, plus the combat system seems very frustrating. *places in trade in pile*

Gah, talking to some guy today about how he plays MW2 on a regular basis with a bunch of his friends. Which is what I'd like to do, but none of my friends really play games that often. And everyone on CAG never sticks with one game (same with me). Bummer sauce...

Also, here are my two favorite swag items from E3:
Wooo
E3Swag002.jpg

[quote name='CaptainJoel']It's like he's seeing it and turning 360![/QUOTE]

I think the joke is he's looking at it and mistaking it for a Wii, until he gets a close look at it, then walks away like "this isn't the system I make games for, what the fuck?"

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Wow, I see they had a 12 year-old designing their shirts with MS paint.[/QUOTE]
Oh GGT always pointing out the negatives.

The official Ubi AC shirt was sweet, this is just for being the best AC:B player. And Bear Grylls is awesome, doesn't matter if he's in line for Wendys he's still cool. Those stunts he does and the shit he eats is more than anything I or any GGT peeps will ever do.

Finally finished Super Robot Taisen OG Saga and I'm glad to be done with that game. The dreadful story and the 1,500 boss fights almost made me quit a few times. Now I can get rid of it and either start Strange Journey or continue Chrono Trigger DS.

Yeah I'm working on it, but I made another video that I actually think is funny and just overall cooler. I hope it's not too skanky for those who don't know who Tifa Lockheart is as I make a mention to us having similar assets :D :D :D :D :D

I guess I just play fire with fire. Minus being in a swimsuit on a beach.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I beat Peace Walker after only 2 days of playing... pretty amazed something like it can run on a portable so nicely. The last boss fight is probably the most epic thing I've seen in a while even when comparing boss fights on all other consoles.

[quote name='Chacrana']The upside is that you'd be hard pressed to find more than one other person who wants to play anything on it ^_^[/QUOTE]

Impossible. Kinect release party at my place!!

I kinda want to play dead space extraction with move.

So yeah, sony...work on bundling that shit with a game thats actually fun and we'll talk...

Then they should remove the Move controllers.

And the lightguns should come packed in with the games that use them.

And not use an eyetoy.

[quote name='Chacrana']The upside is that you'd be hard pressed to find more than one other person who wants to play anything on it ^_^[/QUOTE]

Well, it sorta leaves this 'high end, advanced technoology' that is supposed to change the future of gaming behind the Wii, which can support up to 8 players at once (4 if they're using Nunchucks).

I finally beat Mass Effect 2, and I can honestly say I am eagerly waiting for the third installment now. The game was so freakin addicting, I liked it much better than the first story wise.

[quote name='whoknows']As far as game stories go, Mass Effect 2 does have a pretty good story, but it's no Pokemon.[/QUOTE]

Nope, of course not!! Ash Ketchum's story is by fat the best of them all. Gotta catch em all, gotta catch em all!

So after not playing almost any games over the past week I beat the final 2 games of the Mega Man Zero Collection over the past 18 hours. Easy Scenario really makes that stuff mostly hassle free, allowing me to beat the entire 4-game collection in roughly 6 hours total.

I need to get back to the MMZ Collection. I only finished the intro stage of the first game and put it down. I forgot that they don't let you skip the cutscenes on the first play through. Which is annoying when you are just trying to rush through the game. But I think I might just skip right to the 2nd game for now since it's the better game.

I picked up the 360 slim last night. I was going to wait for my local Target to get it in and use my Discount but Toys "R" Us was giving a $25 giftcard for any 360 purchase(I would have only get $23 off with my Target Discount). But I haven't hooked it up yet since I'm waiting for Amazon to ship my Thumbdrive and HDMI cable.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']I finally beat Mass Effect 2, and I can honestly say I am eagerly waiting for the third installment now. The game was so freakin addicting, I liked it much better than the first story wise.[/QUOTE]

What?!

Mass Effect 2 had no story. Mass Effect had one of the most awesome Sci-Fi stories I've come across anywhere (book/movie/game), especially during the last couple hours.

I mean, come on...
The first one has you doing all sorts of awesome random stuff that's still cool while trying to track down this super rogue agent (Thorian, Rachni? Damn cool.)... only to find out he was being controlled with by his sentient spaceship... they drop the bomb that the super advance race didn't just up and disappear, but that there's a whole slew of these thinking evil spaceships and they wiped out all life in the galaxy. Then you watch the controlled agent blow his brains out only to be reanimated in the final confrontation as you prevent the ship from starting the annihilation of the entire galaxy.

The second one says kills Shepard and magically renanimates him in a "we developed the technology to do this, but can only do it the one time and only for you" lame excuse to allow new players to create a custom looking character and have the abilities start at zero again. Then you get told "oh, we need you, colonies are being attacked and disappearing". You find out it's these ripoffs of the aliens in independence day, have a confrontation or two, go to the second reapers base and witness that they're building a giant t-1000. You kill it and leave.

Now, don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the second game. But story wise, it can't hold a candle to the first game...

[quote name='corrosivefrost']What?!

Mass Effect 2 had no story. Mass Effect had one of the most awesome Sci-Fi stories I've come across anywhere (book/movie/game), especially during the last couple hours.

I mean, come on...
The first one has you doing all sorts of awesome random stuff that's still cool while trying to track down this super rogue agent (Thorian, Rachni? Damn cool.)... only to find out he was being controlled with by his sentient spaceship... they drop the bomb that the super advance race didn't just up and disappear, but that there's a whole slew of these thinking evil spaceships and they wiped out all life in the galaxy. Then you watch the controlled agent blow his brains out only to be reanimated in the final confrontation as you prevent the ship from starting the annihilation of the entire galaxy.

The second one says kills Shepard and magically renanimates him in a "we developed the technology to do this, but can only do it the one time and only for you" lame excuse to allow new players to create a custom looking character and have the abilities start at zero again. Then you get told "oh, we need you, colonies are being attacked and disappearing". You find out it's these ripoffs of the aliens in independence day, have a confrontation or two, go to the second reapers base and witness that they're building a giant t-1000. You kill it and leave.

Now, don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the second game. But story wise, it can't hold a candle to the first game...[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I thought ME2 as a much better game gameplay wise than ME1--which is saying a lot as I loved ME1. But the story in ME1 was definitely better. ME2 was mostly just gathering a team and setting the stage for ME3.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Agreed. I thought ME2 as a much better game gameplay wise than ME1--which is saying a lot as I loved ME1. But the story in ME1 was definitely better. ME2 was mostly just gathering a team and setting the stage for ME3.[/QUOTE]

I agree as well. ME2's main story wasn't nearly as good as ME1's, but I will say that I enjoyed all the side stories in ME2 more than anything from ME1. It was fun to just learn about each squad member as you recruited them and did their loyalty missions.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']What?!

I mean, come on...

Now, don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the second game. But story wise, it can't hold a candle to the first game...[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I enjoyed Mass Effect 1 much more than 2. Let's hope they return to their roots for Mass Effect 3, more so than focusing on narrowing down everything for more accessibility.

I got alpha protocol for the cheapies. Now Blur for $10 today. Glad i waited on those.

[quote name='ihadFG']I agree as well. ME2's main story wasn't nearly as good as ME1's, but I will say that I enjoyed all the side stories in ME2 more than anything from ME1. It was fun to just learn about each squad member as you recruited them and did their loyalty missions.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I did enjoy all that a lot. ME2 is a great game, very high on my all time list.

The main story paled in comparison to ME1 which is probably my favorite video game story of all time, and one of the best sci fi/fantasy stories I've experienced in any media as well. But the character stories were still very good and set the stage well for ME3.

And the gameplay I thought was much improved as it was a lot more stream lined, combat was much better etc. Loved that it played more like a shooter and a tad less like an RPG personally. Though I know others like DarkNessBear didn't like that change.

After dumping 60 hours into Fallout 3 in May and early June and still being burnt out and not feeling like gaming, I think I'm pretty much done with RPGs aside from the ME series. They're just soul suckers and kill my interest in gaming for a month or two after I power through one.

Perhaps I should have specified more, like someone else did about the side quests. I loved learning about my team and completing the various dossiers and loyalty missions, that pretty much made the game for me and built up the story more.

Also, for whoever remembers, what was the name of that keyboard someone suggested for the Droid phones?

Replaying MGS4 :whee:

Skipping all the cutscenes :cool:

Loving the shit out of the first two chapters, but at least this time I'm prepared for the rest to suck. :whistle2:k

and Bayonetta's performance is a little better after the first couple chapters. It's still pretty dodgy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back